What's the best feats of thor & when is thor at his strongest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nianbo the dude
can you please tell me what are Thor's strongest & best strength, speed(both travel & combat), durability, reflexes etc...

also tell me when is thor at his most powerful & provide comic panels for proof.

Reflassshh
Good question.

carver9
Strength...punching through Galactus head. Damaging Celestial armor when Odin in the Destroyer couldn't do it. Speed...flying light yrs in moments. Combating Tutinax at the speed of light.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/2521310-thor_deviant_saga_02_015.jpg

Durability is withstanding attacks from an enraged Celestial.

abhilegend
facepalm

Sin I AM
Originally posted by nianbo the dude
can you please tell me what are Thor's strongest & best strength, speed(both travel & combat), durability, reflexes etc...

also tell me when is thor at his most powerful & provide comic panels for proof.

Imo the Glory fight was his best fight.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm

laughing laughing

nianbo the dude
how strong is thor with odinforce?

Silent Master
At least 17.857 times stronger than Sundipped Superman. thumb up

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master
At least 17.857 times stronger than Sundipped Superman. thumb up

Don't let H1 hear this. laughing

Zack Fair
facepalm

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack Fair

I'm actually waiting for this to turn into one of those threads, complete with "Superman benching the earth" scan, patent pending.

Good examples so far, though...

Reflassshh
At least Carver had the rocks to show up.

I wonder where are the others 'thor supporters' when they actually have to talk about thor.

riv6672
Probably thinking same as me:
This may not be a bait thread, but has the potential for turning into a "lets bash Thor by lowballing his feats and throwing in feats by Superman, Thanos, Hong Kong Fooey...anyone to show how little cred Thor has on a site that's geared towards a really vindictive fanbase of other characters".

Damborgson
Originally posted by Reflassshh
At least Carver had the rocks to show up.

I wonder where are the others 'thor supporters' when they actually have to talk about thor.

What's that supposed to mean? Like Thor my fellow Thor bags haven't argued till we're blue in the face for Thor.

-----------

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUi8KGArro

There might be better Hulk feats out there, but those are the best Thor feats from his birth to 2012 more or less. He has better stuff now I think.

Reflassshh
^ Not talking about you bro stick out tongue

riv6672
^interesting link, yo. smile

Damborgson
^ Not talking about you bro stick out tongue

Oh...k, carry on lol

Damborgson
Originally posted by riv6672
^interesting link, yo. smile

thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by carver9
Combating Tutinax at the speed of light.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/2521310-thor_deviant_saga_02_015.jpg

facepalm

riv6672
Was something spelled wrong, there?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Was something spelled wrong, there?

No, just Carver being his usual self and not understanding the comic, narration and the pretty pictures.

riv6672
Seems pretty straight forward.
"Speed of light" was right there in the narration, spelled right and everything.
I take it you dont agree.
Thats certainly your prerogative, but this isnt a thread asking for facepalms, just Thor feats. stick out tongue

Reflassshh
You just can't have one without the other huhu

Prof. T.C McAbe
"Speed of light" was right there in the narration, spelled right and everything.
Thats certainly your prerogative, but this isnt a thread asking for facepalms, just Thor feats. stick out tongue

If you read the pages before you will see that the containment was supposed to mess with the light not with those two, they did not accelerate or something like that, Tutinax has not ftl fighting speed to my knowledge, but anyway. Thor at his strongest is a Thor not written by marvel.

krisblaze

It's the probably the way Carver writes.

The way he construes it, one might think Thor actually succeeded at defeating a celestial, or even did better than Odin did, when in fact neither Thor nor Odin were able to do any serious harm to the celestials (despite having good showings).

Then there's the (intentional?) misinterpretation of Thor's fight with Tutinax.

riv6672
Right, right, and we cant have ANY character (thats Thor) have his feats suffer from any type of hyperbole. Not on THIS site. laughing

Prof. T.C McAbe
Right, right, and we cant have ANY character (thats Thor) have his feats suffer from any type of hyperbole. Not on THIS site. laughing

No we can, but not from a wrong combination of pictures and words, those were not about Thor and Tutinax but the containment.

krisblaze
Has nothing to do with hyperbole.

It's about him claiming that Thor did things he did not do.

Not sure why you're trying to push Thor-hate on me.

riv6672
Right, right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

krisblaze
Right, right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Right, what?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by krisblaze
Right, what?

Right you're a filthy Thor hater! cool

Now, keep this up and I MAY allow you to join the House of El!

carver9
Wait a minute. Nothing I said was wrong. Also, read the scan. It states the containment field SLOWS down the speed of light, not give someone the speed of light. Two different things. Also, when did I say Thor defeated a Celestial (OMG)? Reread my post.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Wait a minute. Nothing I said was wrong. Also, read the scan. It states the containment field SLOWS down the speed of light, not give someone the speed of light. Two different things. Also, when did I say Thor defeated a Celestial (OMG)? Reread my post.
Combating Tutinax at the speed of light.

carver9
Here is the scene before the scan i posted.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/2521303-thor_deviant_saga_02_014.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

If the room slows down the speed of light, how fast was Thor and Tutinax moving since we still see them, ya know, fighting and trading blows at incredible speeds? Think my friend. Use that noggin.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Right you're a filthy Thor hater! cool

Now, keep this up and I MAY allow you to join the House of El! One does not allow the entrance to the house of EL, if the brother kriz share our philosophy he's already in.

See the beyonder thread please, brother Professor already explained our new dogma there.

Prof. T.C McAbe
If the room slows down the speed of light, how fast was Thor and Tutinax moving since we still see them, ya know, fighting and trading blows at incredible speeds? Think my friend. Use that noggin.

Sorry Carver, if you slow down the speed of light you see more copies of both, that is what they are referring to. They see Thor and Tutinax multiple times in different stances, because the light, and only the light, ist slowed down, they are at normal speed though.

carver9
Sorry Carver, if you slow down the speed of light you see more copies of both, that is what they are referring to. They see Thor and Tutinax multiple times in different stances, because the light, and only the light, ist slowed down, they are at normal speed though.

Doesn't make one bit of sense. If a room can slow down the speed of LIGHT. Anything slower than that should be at a standstill. Do you not understand this?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Doesn't make one bit of sense. If a room can slow down the speed of LIGHT. Anything slower than that should be at a standstill. Do you not understand this?

It slows only light down, reread it and think for once.

carver9
It slows only light down, reread it and think for once.

Ok. Does anyone else have any comments on the scan? I would like to hear from someone like Galan, Reflassshh, operator, Digi, Darksaint, ODG, Damborgson, Rage, Celey, Leo, Sin I am...I know I'm missing a couple but these peeps will do. Anyone else besides Professor.

Damborgson
That scene always seemed ambiguous to me. Everything that happens out of the ordinary like that, is supposed to have a point. If breaking into that chamber has no point, no one is moving faster, the chamber has no reason to be included...then who the hell cares? Y'know what I'm saying? I'm not sure if speed had anything to do with it or not but, just seems pointless for it to be mentioned.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
That scene always seemed ambiguous to me. Everything that happens out of the ordinary like that, is supposed to have a point. If breaking into that chamber has no point, no one is moving faster, the chamber has no reason to be included...then who the hell cares? Y'know what I'm saying? I'm not sure if speed had anything to do with it or not but, just seems pointless for it to be mentioned.

What I got from it since the guy did say the room slows down light is...Thor and Tutinax enters the chamber. Since the room does slow down light, anything short of it should not be able to move but Tutinax and Thor are still fighting 'at incredible speeds'. The chamber did nothing to them per their view of things (since they are still throwing blows while being in a chamber that slows down light).

How do we know the chamber was trying to affect both contestants, look what this guy say...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/2521303-thor_deviant_saga_02_014.jpg

It was doing something to them but they were too fast for the room to stop. Remember, if the room is capable of slowing down the speed of light, anything else short of that speed should NOT be able to move.

Sin I AM
Ok. Does anyone else have any comments on the scan? I would like to hear from someone like Galan, Reflassshh, operator, Digi, Darksaint, ODG, Damborgson, Rage, Celey, Leo, Sin I am...I know I'm missing a couple but these peeps will do. Anyone else besides Professor.

Personally i think you're right. But you know haters gonna hate

celeyhyga17
I always thought they powered through a gravity manipulating containment unit. Which would be pretty impressive..
shrug

zom1967
I don`t know how many of you will remember this?But about 12 or 15 years ago,there was a huge argument about weather or not Thor`s skin was bullet proof!I think a Marvel writer sparked the debate,he said Thor spins his hammer to deflect bullets because .45 caliber bullets would cause welts all over his body.But today I`m sure he could take .50 caliber bullets,and a whole lot more than that!

h1a8
Strength...punching through Galactus head. Damaging Celestial armor when Odin in the Destroyer couldn't do it. Speed...flying light yrs in moments. Combating Tutinax at the speed of light.

Durability is withstanding attacks from an enraged Celestial. I'm about to report you for purposely lying.

Thor flying to Galactus head isn't a strength feat. Mjolnir flew him to Galactus.
The Destroyer chopped off a Celestials arm. Thor threw the Odinsword in a Celestial.
When did Thor fly light years away and how long did it take again?

Fighting Tutinax at the speed of light? I'm so close to reporting you.

h1a8
There are several things why people are trolling.
1. The degree to which light is slowed is not given.
2. Slowing light doesn't mean time or other objects are slowed down.
3. Light travels at different speeds through different mediums. Man, in the real world, has successfully slowed light down to a large degree in the laboratory.

Damborgson
Shut up, H1. Like you're allowed to report anyone. erm

(Merry Christmas btw wink )

carver9
I completely ignored H1.

Sin I AM
Unless someone can prove otherwise Carver is right

Reflassshh
Ok. Does anyone else have any comments on the scan? I would like to hear from someone like Galan, Reflassshh, operator, Digi, Darksaint, ODG, Damborgson, Rage, Celey, Leo, Sin I am...I know I'm missing a couple but these peeps will do. Anyone else besides Professor. Too many variables to consider.

Was the room slowing down only the light or every thing inside it? how much? Like damborgson said, it's very ambiguous. They were fighting at superspeed though, that's for sure.

carver9
Too many variables to consider.

Was the room slowing down only the light or every thing inside it? how much? Like damborgson said, it's very ambiguous. They were fighting at superspeed though, that's for sure.

Where in the scan did it say 'light' was slowed down though? It said that it slows down the 'speed of light'. An open statement.

Prof. T.C McAbe
If you would slow down light in a room it would travel much slower for example, then it would be at normal speed after leaving this room, it would be instant fast and all the images would be seen almost at once by you.

And it explicit states it slows down the speed of light not that it slows everything down even the light.

carver9
Didn't read.

Reflassshh
Where in the scan did it say 'light' was slowed down though? It said that it slows down the 'speed of light'. An open statement. Ok. What's your take on the scene?

carver9
What I got from it since the guy did say the room slows down light is...Thor and Tutinax enters the chamber. Since the room does slow down light, anything short of it should not be able to move but Tutinax and Thor are still fighting 'at incredible speeds'. The chamber did nothing to them per their view of things (since they are still throwing blows while being in a chamber that slows down light).

How do we know the chamber was trying to affect both contestants, look what this guy say...

It was doing something to them but they were too fast for the room to stop. Remember, if the room is capable of slowing down the speed of light, anything else short of that speed should NOT be able to move.

Sin I AM
If you would slow down light in a room it would travel much slower for example, then it would be at normal speed after leaving this room, it would be instant fast and all the images would be seen almost at once by you.

And it explicit states it slows down the speed of light not that it slows everything down even the light. light has no mass. So anything slowing down light would make whatever had mass even slower

krisblaze
The scene is highly ambiguous.

There might be something impressive in there, but it's open to interpretation.

The writer seemed to be very aware of and consistent with power-levels in the story, so there was problem an intent behind it. I just don't think that necessarily equates to light-speed combat.

Anybody know how to contact the author (Robert Rodi) ?

I found it, I'll send him a mail.

Sin I AM
The scene is highly ambiguous.

There might be something impressive in there, but it's open to interpretation.

The writer seemed to be very aware of and consistent with power-levels in the story, so there was problem an intent behind it. I just don't think that necessarily equates to light-speed combat.

Anybody know how to contact the author (Robert Rodi) ?

I found it, I'll send him a mail.

Good idea

Reflassshh
Yeah, in this case it's the best thing to do.

abhilegend
Carver again lying about that scene? Even rage called him upon it when he brought it before.

carver9
Lol at me lying about an interpretation?

krisblaze
I'm reluctant to give Carver the benefit of the doubt, but I love him, so I will smile

I've sent a mail to the guy, wishing him happy holidays, asking if Thor and Tutinax were fighting at the speed of light and linking the two images. All we can do now is wait.

Damborgson
Hey, nicely done. Fingers crossed for Carvers to be right lol.

quanchi112
Didn't read. You are not missing much from him.

laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Good job Carver. Id initiate u in the Thor corps but im waiting on your stance between Odinson and Banner

Golgo13
Carver again lying about that scene? Even rage called him upon it when he brought it before.

Lol, Figures.

Badabing
Is this thread serving any purpose aside from trolling and spam?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Badabing

Its my Christmas wish to keep this thread open as its the gift that keeps givingsmile

the Darkone
Thor vs Gorr was phucking epic

riv6672
Originally posted by Badabing
Probably thinking same as me:
This may not be a bait thread, but has the potential for turning into a "lets bash Thor by lowballing his feats and throwing in feats by Superman, Thanos, Hong Kong Fooey...anyone to show how little cred Thor has on a site that's geared towards a really vindictive fanbase of other characters".

Prof. T.C McAbe
I'm reluctant to give Carver the benefit of the doubt, but I love him, so I will smile

I've sent a mail to the guy, wishing him happy holidays, asking if Thor and Tutinax were fighting at the speed of light and linking the two images. All we can do now is wait.

You should have included an "or is just the ligh etc." Else you are already subconsciously leadng him in the direction he is supposed to answer, which most lazy, annoyed humans will choose in order to save time, just saying.

krisblaze
You should have included an "or is just the ligh etc." Else you are already subconsciously leadng him in the direction he is supposed to answer, which most lazy, annoyed humans will choose in order to save time, just saying.

Already a desperate attempt at discreding a possible answer!

Should I perhaps have kidnapped him and put him through a lie-detector test?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Already a desperate attempt at discreding a possible answer!

Should I perhaps have kidnapped him and put him through a lie-detector test?

Actually no, it was just a friendly meant hint for the next time you mail a writer wink. If you want an honest answer. So chill.

naurtoisbeast
Was something spelled wrong, there? Originally posted by riv6672
Was something spelled wrong, there? i think thor will win here

krisblaze
Actually no, it was just a friendly meant hint for the next time you mail a writer wink. If you want an honest answer. So chill.
If he just answers "yes" or "no", then it's not worth much, but let's judge the content of the mail when/if it arrives.

Debating Thor's already enough of an uphill battle as it is without people complicating what little insight we might gain into that feat smile

Prof. T.C McAbe
If he just answers "yes" or "no", then it's not worth much, but let's judge the content of the mail when/if it arrives.

Debating Thor's already enough of an uphill battle as it is without people complicating what little insight we might gain into that feat smile

You know if he says yes it is goid enough for me, just wish he had both opinions to choose from.

I don't mind being wrong, should it be the case, in my personal opinion it is a very limited mind that thinks it is always right, only those of limited mental capabilities deal in absolutes. So no worries.

I always stood by the stance that Thor, Hulk and Superman are peers in the strength departments, if i go by logic and not feats.

riv6672
I've always thought thats why Hulk and Thor get trolled so badly here, if folks go by spite, and not logic...no expression

carver9
I've always thought thats why Hulk and Thor get trolled so badly here, if folks go by spite, and not logic...no expression

thumb up

Look who's trolling them though.

krisblaze
You know if he says yes it is goid enough for me, just wish he had both opinions to choose from.
He has everything to choose from, he wrote the comic.

He's not some timid schoolgirl being cornered in an alley.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Folks get by feats only and do not consider the crossovers, something i like to do, though to be fair, they are not official here on kmc, so they are not wrong as Supes has the better feats, arguably. -However, those fights, Thor vs Superman and Hulk vs Superman (sans PC Superman) were and indicator for me that both companies see those 3 as peers.

Time Immemorial
thumb up

Look who's trolling them though.

Hmm you troll Superman and the Blonde Lady daily though wink

carver9
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Hmm you troll Superman and the Blonde Lady daily though wink

Examples. Show me an example this week. I know you can probably show me 3 examples as well.

Time Immemorial
Examples. Show me an example this week. I know you can probably show me 3 examples as well.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

carver9
Concession accepted.

Time Immemorial
Examples

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=606532&from=thread&pagenumber=2#post15016320

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=317868&pagenumber=5

I accept your concession, dummy.

carver9
Examples

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=606532&from=thread&pagenumber=2#post15016320

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=317868&pagenumber=5

I accept your concession, dummy.

Lol...no need to be so aggressive first cousin.

Anyways, me saying Thor and Hulk wins is me trolling Superman?

Wait a minute... your second thread, I am talking about Namek in that thread, not Superman.

Time Immemorial
Lol...no need to be so aggressive first cousin.

Wait a minute... your second thread, I am talking about Namek in that thread, not Superman.

Please, you low ball any Kryptonian powers at any given moment. Not as bad as Sin though.

carver9
Please, you low ball any Kryptonian powers at any given moment. Not as bad as Sin though.

Lol...no I do not. Is that the reason I said Supergirl would stomp she Hulk in that thread? I give wins when wins are due.

riv6672

yes

Time Immemorial
Lol...no I do not. Is that the reason I said Supergirl would stomp she Hulk in that thread? I give wins when wins are due.

No you just have serious crushes on hot women like Diana and Kara.

carver9
Sigh... I love beautiful but we both know why I chose Kara. smile

Concede

riv6672
we both know why I chose Kara. smile

yes

carver9
Lol.

riv6672
Just messing with ya.

carver9
I know.

thumb up

riv6672
It was the boobs though, right?

carver9
It was the boobs though, right?

Nope.Not even close.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/281/f/6/she_hulk_by_msonia-d6ldk0b.jpg

riv6672
NOT close to the boobs?!?

carver9
Imo...nope.

Reflassshh
Supergirl has no boobs. Powergirl though...

carver9
thumb up

riv6672
Her costume redesign was one of the worst of the DCnu. Right up there with metro Lobo.

Time Immemorial
Nope.Not even close.

Um no. Way better boobs.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/240/9/0/supergirl_by_squirrelshaver-d5cqhge.jpg

Reflassshh
She's wearing her old costume again.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VhKwzuk2RDM/UYRGHh1DWkI/AAAAAAAAW_s/4S69lKfYYs0/s1600/supergirl-19-new-52-powergirl.jpg

Gorgeous.

carver9
Um no. Way better boobs.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/240/9/0/supergirl_by_squirrelshaver-d5cqhge.jpg

Disagree.

http://images7.alphacoders.com/328/328250.jpg

Sin I AM

I lowball no character. Try reading comics. Id give average superman the nod over Thor or Hulk any day of the week. He's DCs standard bearer. His feats are extremely hard to be out done. And im a Thor-fan

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I lowball no character. Try reading comics. Id give average superman the nod over Thor or Hulk any day of the week. He's DCs standard bearer. His feats are extremely hard to be out done. And im a Thor-fan

I was talking about your movie antics.

Time Immemorial
Disagree.

So you would rather **** a green chick with boobs possibly a little bigger then Supergirls, when her's are just as nice and big, and they defy gravity?

Now I see why we fundamentally disagree on everything.

I'd smash Faora 10 out of 10 as well.

Sin I AM
I was talking about your movie antics.

U lack basic comprehending skills. I said Superman is not soloing Thor and Hulk. The simple fact that i placed him against TWO at the same time is me acknowledging his superiority. And that's due SOLELY because of the world engine feat. Nothing else suggests he's above them

leonidas

in all honesty, the scene is....completely nonsensical. i'll go full-on geek so feel free to tune out if you start nodding off--and of course this is rl science, so keep that in mind. the idea of 'slowing light' isn't really anything new. c is defined as the speed of light in a VACUUM. so, when light passes through a different medium, like glass, or diamond, it is 'technically' moving slower. so, on the surface the idea doesn't seem too far out there....and the writer has probably heard of slow light.

but, what does that mean? well, it means matter CAN conceivably move 'faster than light'. the scene is utterly useless though because we have no idea how much he 'slowed light', and so have no way AT ALL of determining how fast they were moving. what would we see if bodies the size of thor and tutinax were actually moving faster than the slow light though? well, they might be perceived as ripples in the air, maybe? they would almost for sure leave streaks of blue (check out cherenkov radiation, the 'sonic boom of light' which i just talked about in class a couple weeks back lol) wherever they passed. in theory, if light were slowed down enough, anyone could even walk ftl.

but....we can still see them though, so, by definition, they most certainly can NOT be traveling faster than even the slow light in the room. in fact, their actions should appear SLOWER as each action would take longer to reach the observer's eye. which is why i said the scene is completely nonsensical. if they are moving faster, we wouldn't see them (or it would be a 'delayed seeing') or they should be slowed down. there really can't be any in between as i understand things. unless, the speed of light in the room is CHANGING. in which case the colour in the room would be shifting and their motion would likely appear to be discrete--faster, slow, paused, skipped ahead.

so, yeah. what the comic book science here was meant to imply i.....have absolutely no idea at all. no expression one opinion is likely as valid as any other, though, going on thor's history, i wouldn't say the author meant to imply thor was fighting ftl--even faster than slow light. imo they were likely fighting at regular combat speeds, unless someone can give support to the idea that tutinax regularly fights at superspeeds. regardless, i simply would never use the scene to try and support anything. ever.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Sin I AM
U lack basic comprehending skills. I said Superman is not soloing Thor and Hulk. The simple fact that i placed him against TWO at the same time is me acknowledging his superiority. And that's due SOLELY because of the world engine feat. Nothing else suggests he's above them

He soloed 3 being above Thor and Hulk..why can he not solo them now?

celeyhyga17
So you would rather **** a green chick with boobs possibly a little bigger then Supergirls, when her's are just as nice and big, and they defy gravity?

Now I see why we fundamentally disagree on everything.

I'd smash Faora 10 out of 10 as well.
Faora from the movie?

She wack.

celeyhyga17

also tell me when is thor at his most powerful & provide comic panels for proof. Back on topic.
Always thought that this was pretty crazy... With Herc, generating enough pressure to knock a planet out of orbit.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111197689/4198247-armwrestling4.jpg

nianbo the dude
is classic thor stronger than current thor

quanchi112
is classic thor stronger than current thor It is the same character, noob.

Reflassshh
Current Thor is a woman, noobster.

I am not surprised of you not knowing the difference though.

Prof. T.C McAbe

I am not surprised of you not knowing the difference though.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
is classic thor stronger than current thor
Thor Odinson is the same dude.

She Thor doesn't have enough feats, but technically should be identical strengthwise... Should be since Mjolnir grants the "power of Thor".

quanchi112

I am not surprised of you not knowing the difference though. Male thor is the same character as classic Thor, noob. Your ignorance offends me.

Damborgson
Cely, I know im late to the party but you're racist Tobirmaa Sig offends me. #uchiha

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
Cely, I know im late to the party but you're racist Tobirmaa Sig offends me. #uchiha
big grin

http://www.sinaimg.cn/dy/slidenews/21_img/2011_25/18723_401154_454591.jpg

riv6672

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VhKwzuk2RDM/UYRGHh1DWkI/AAAAAAAAW_s/4S69lKfYYs0/s1600/supergirl-19-new-52-powergirl.jpg

Gorgeous.

You seriously just made my day! big grin

krisblaze

Gorgeous.
Yes!

Reflassshh
^ thumb up

Originally posted by quanchi112
Male thor is the same character as classic Thor, noob. Your ignorance offends me. He's being called Odinson now.

Female Thor took over the book, she's current Thor. So many post yet so noob, shame.

celeyhyga17
^ thumb up

He's being called Odinson now.

Female Thor took over the book, she's current Thor. So many post yet so noob, shame.
Apples and Oranges.

Meh..

h1a8
Originally posted by leonidas
in all honesty, the scene is....completely nonsensical. i'll go full-on geek so feel free to tune out if you start nodding off--and of course this is rl science, so keep that in mind. the idea of 'slowing light' isn't really anything new. c is defined as the speed of light in a VACUUM. so, when light passes through a different medium, like glass, or diamond, it is 'technically' moving slower. so, on the surface the idea doesn't seem too far out there....and the writer has probably heard of slow light.

but, what does that mean? well, it means matter CAN conceivably move 'faster than light'. the scene is utterly useless though because we have no idea how much he 'slowed light', and so have no way AT ALL of determining how fast they were moving. what would we see if bodies the size of thor and tutinax were actually moving faster than the slow light though? well, they might be perceived as ripples in the air, maybe? they would almost for sure leave streaks of blue (check out cherenkov radiation, the 'sonic boom of light' which i just talked about in class a couple weeks back lol) wherever they passed. in theory, if light were slowed down enough, anyone could even walk ftl.

but....we can still see them though, so, by definition, they most certainly can NOT be traveling faster than even the slow light in the room. in fact, their actions should appear SLOWER as each action would take longer to reach the observer's eye. which is why i said the scene is completely nonsensical. if they are moving faster, we wouldn't see them (or it would be a 'delayed seeing') or they should be slowed down. there really can't be any in between as i understand things. unless, the speed of light in the room is CHANGING. in which case the colour in the room would be shifting and their motion would likely appear to be discrete--faster, slow, paused, skipped ahead.

so, yeah. what the comic book science here was meant to imply i.....have absolutely no idea at all. no expression one opinion is likely as valid as any other, though, going on thor's history, i wouldn't say the author meant to imply thor was fighting ftl--even faster than slow light. imo they were likely fighting at regular combat speeds, unless someone can give support to the idea that tutinax regularly fights at superspeeds. regardless, i simply would never use the scene to try and support anything. ever. thumb up
that's what I been saying earlier. Almost everything you said.
Even allowing carvers logic to hold then if Thor was moving at 300 mph when light was slowed to 50% then that would mean Thor really was moving 600mph if light isn't slowed. His logic simply doesn't not prove they were fighting at light speed.

the Darkone
Thor vs Gorr was epic

riv6672
Eh, doesnt prove he wasnt.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Eh, doesnt prove he wasnt.

You can't prove a negative... If we see multiple images of Spiderman, does it mean he fights at lightspeed? We know Thor can travel at those speeds, maybe even react but it is highly out of character to fight at those speeds. To jugde this speed properly the best way to go is Tutinax, is he a legit ftl speedster? Is superspeed one of his powers?

riv6672
Well, Spidey's moving a lot faster than he does when just swinging around town...stick out tongue
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/61625/2300445-spider-manjuggernaut.jpg
But seriously, like i said on page 1, this is a thread asking for feats, not a thread to disprove same. I get it though, this isnt the respect forum so it was bound to happen, especially considering the history of Thor on this site.

krisblaze
^What do you know about the history of Thor on this site?

riv6672
Well, given OUR history, you're just going to take whatever i say and kvetch. So, provide your OWN answer, and carp away. smile

krisblaze
Well, given OUR history, you're just going to take whatever i say and kvetch. So, provide your OWN answer, and carp away. smile

What do you know about the history of Thor on KMC?

You've been here half a year.

Norwegians don't carp, we salmon.

riv6672
See, you can grouse perfectly well without me. thumb up
Why bother answering you seriously, when i rarely TAKE you that way?

carver9
Spiderman does have some of the best combat showings I've seen and it's consistent.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138276/3512900-8536996260-feat1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111163527/3924809-spidey+beats+thugs+with+guns.jpg

I think Sam has that scan where Herc with Spiderman powers see the world in slow motion...including bullets.

krisblaze
See, you can grouse perfectly well without me. thumb up
Why bother answering you seriously, when i rarely TAKE you that way?
This post speaks volumes of your intentions here.

What do you know about the history of Thor on KMC? You've been here 6 months.

riv6672
I think Sam has that scan where Herc with Spiderman powers see the world in slow motion...including bullets.
I'd like to see that!

celeyhyga17
This post speaks volumes of your intentions here.

What do you know about the history of Thor on KMC? You've been here 6 months.
You bully!

carver9
I'd like to see that!

Sorry for the late response.

http://s715.photobucket.com/user/ankur2113/media-full//Herc_7_TheGroup_016.jpg.html
http://s715.photobucket.com/user/ankur2113/media-full//Herc_7_TheGroup_017.jpg.html

Spiderman is the definition of a true speedster. Time literally slowed down for Herc there.

Forgot to post this. Here is confirmation that Herc had Spiderman powers

http://s715.photobucket.com/user/ankur2113/media-full//Herc_7_TheGroup_018.jpg.html

celeyhyga17

http://s715.photobucket.com/user/ankur2113/media-full//Herc_7_TheGroup_016.jpg.html
http://s715.photobucket.com/user/ankur2113/media-full//Herc_7_TheGroup_017.jpg.html

Spiderman is the definition of a true speedster. Time literally slowed down for Herc there.

http://s715.photobucket.com/user/ankur2113/media-full//Herc_7_TheGroup_018.jpg.html
That's nice and all, but still don't see definitive proof that Thor and Tutinax were fighting at light speed.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That's nice and all, but still don't see definitive proof that Thor and Tutinax were fighting at light speed.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nnnnooooo...I wasn't comparing those scenes to Thor at all. I'm just saying, Spiderman is fast, extremely fast. To the point that he has blitzed light speed beings.

celeyhyga17
Nnnnooooo...I wasn't comparing those scenes to Thor at all. I'm just saying, Spiderman is fast, extremely fast. To the point that he has blitzed light speed beings.
Oh I know Carvster..

I was just letting you know that your interpretation of the Tutinax scene may be wrong due to lack of evidence.

stick out tongue

carver9
Nope...my Tutinax showing is on point.

abhilegend

Spidey is almost as fast as Batgirl? Because she sees bullets in slow motion too.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/18863/1503015-bulletdancexq4.jpg

That's not speedster level speed, any speedster worth their salt can casually dance around spidey.

abhilegend
Nope...my Tutinax showing is on point.
Repeating again wouldn't make it true. Light was slowed down in that room. Why would that mean anything to Thor's speed?

carver9
Spidey is almost as fast as Batgirl? Because she sees bullets in slow motion too. That's not speedster level speed, any speedster worth their salt can casually dance around spidey.

So time slows down for Batgirl? Scans.

carver9
Wait a minute. Are you talking about this showing (lol)?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/7604/1022184-685135_batgirl13pg03_super.jpg

Really?

abhilegend
So time slows down for Batgirl? Scans.
It's just a fancy way of description of heightened reflexes, you are taking it like it's some big deal. Heck, captain America said he is faster than bullets. Bullets are nothing to even a low level speedster. Spidey even at his fastest isn't a speedster.

abhilegend
Wait a minute. Are you talking about this showing (lol)?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/7604/1022184-685135_batgirl13pg03_super.jpg

Really?
Yeah, really. Just because herc made a comment about time doesn't means much difference to what they did.

They just dodged bullets. Big ****ing deal. But as usual you have to exaggerate them. Genuine speedster can run across a city in the time it takes a bullet to go a few meters. Spidey is fast for street level characters and thor/surfer. Put him against even a low level speedster and he's toast.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>