why don't people count OCW feats?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
I have seen nothing that counters the canonicity of them. Is it really just because they are that good?

ILS
I don't think they're too outrageous personally. A lot of impressive feats come from that source but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

WildBantha88
Most people just call it bs and don't ever count the feats. Especially Mace Windu's

Trocity
It was one of the most badass feats in the mythos

McP
I'm wondering why people are counting feats from Dark Empire...

Emperordmb
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Most people just call it bs and don't ever count the feats. Especially Mace Windu's
LOL Back on SWF, they called Windu's OCW feats BS, but wanked everybody else's.

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by McP

I could see Palps as a demigod.

Angelalex242
Mace kinda needs his OCW feats for it to make any logical sense whatever for him to be challenging Palpatine in ROTS.

NewGuy01
It was classified as BS when random Padawans could lift Star Destroyers.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It was classified as BS when random Padawans could lift Star Destroyers. that was a comic book. And I know untrained Force sensatives that can disintegrate force wielders cassually with Tk. Low trained characters can have high power. Its usually just untamed and they don't show much control. Also I believe the padawan only slowed the decent not hold it up.
In any case it is no reason to call it all bullshit

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Mace kinda needs his OCW feats for it to make any logical sense whatever for him to be challenging Palpatine in ROTS.

Whilst simultaneously making it completely illogical for 200 Jedi including Windu to be cornered and overpowered by Dooku's droid army.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Whilst simultaneously making it completely illogical for 200 Jedi including Windu to be cornered and overpowered by Dooku's droid army. thumb up

NewGuy01
And I know untrained Force sensatives that can disintegrate force wielders cassually with Tk.

Who, in particular?

WildBantha88
Who, in particular? kajin savaros. At the age of fifteen with zero training he was summoning lightning in his sleep, casually erasing people's memories, ragdolling and inquisitor and doing things with the Force that two trained force wielders thought impossible. After a few days of training he rag dolled the inquisitor again and force crushed an inquisitor down to a pin hole, so much do that there was no evidence left of the inquisitor physically or in the force

Angelalex242
Maybe Mace REALLY improved over the course of the clone wars? EP 2 was the beginning of those wars. OCW was during those wars.

DARTH POWER
Maybe Mace REALLY improved over the course of the clone wars? EP 2 was the beginning of those wars. OCW was during those wars.

The more logical explanation would be it was an exaggerated medium instead of assuming he grew more powerful than 200 Jedi (including himself).

In fact Lucas and Filoni both agreed when making TCW series that Windu can't pull stunts like that based on what happens in AOTC.

In fact Filoni has Dooku getting captured by 30 pirates ambushing him in S1. Filoni's explanation for that was that "numbers" can take out the Jedi as seen in AOTC.

Angelalex242
Well. Numbers can take out some jedi. If you're Yoda, Sidious, or Luke....numbers stop helping.

DarthAnt66
Or Revan, Cade, and Meetra.

Nephthys
kajin savaros. At the age of fifteen with zero training he was summoning lightning in his sleep, casually erasing people's memories, ragdolling and inquisitor and doing things with the Force that two trained force wielders thought impossible. After a few days of training he rag dolled the inquisitor again and force crushed an inquisitor down to a pin hole, so much do that there was no evidence left of the inquisitor physically or in the force

That's ****ing stupid.

DarthAnt66
Merry Christmas Neph!

Nephthys
And?

DarthAnt66
Erm, Happy New Year?

DARTH POWER
Well. Numbers can take out some jedi. If you're Yoda, Sidious, or Luke....numbers stop helping.

But apparently that's not the case with Mace or Dooku.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Nephthys
That's ****ing stupid. Darth Vader mentaly ****ed Kajin so hard that he lost his force sensitivity so I guess that's your consolation prize

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Erm, Happy New Year?

no

DarthAnt66
Uh, love you?

Q99
I have seen nothing that counters the canonicity of them. Is it really just because they are that good?

Because so much of it is so over the top, and the one-person-army Jedi do not line up with what we see in the movies or TCW or books or comics.

Ditto a lot of the stuff in TFU video game.

Originally posted by McP

I find Dark Empire dumb too smile However I'll note that 90% of the over-the-topness is the force storms, plus a feat of Luke deflecting AT-AT fire. For the most part it doesn't present Jedi and Sith as the physical gods, though it does make them completely over the top in force.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Uh, love you?

I am now 10 years your senior, worm.

NewGuy01
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2064095582.gif Happy Birthday, Neph.

Fated Xtasy

Nemebro would have never forgotten. Just sayin' whistle

Nephthys
He didn't. We had hot chocolate and stared into each others eyes as dwarves serenaded us with up town girl and gave us sensual foot rubs.

It was incredible.

McP
Originally posted by Q99
I find Dark Empire dumb too smile However I'll note that 90% of the over-the-topness is the force storms, plus a feat of Luke deflecting AT-AT fire. For the most part it doesn't present Jedi and Sith as the physical gods, though it does make them completely over the top in force.

So why people consider DE Sidious as far superior to ROTS Sidious? As Force user, as duelist etc. That's so stupid...

Fated Xtasy
He didn't. We had hot chocolate and stared into each others eyes as dwarves serenaded us with up town girl and gave us sensual foot rubs.

It was incredible.

LOL, Happy-B-day Nephy, here's to the many hot chocolate drinking, serenading and foot rubbing dwarves years to come cheers

Arhael
Originally posted by McP
So why people consider DE Sidious as far superior to ROTS Sidious? As Force user, as duelist etc. That's so stupid...
I hold position is that he is not superior to RotS. Learning a new power doesn't make one more powerful.

DarthAnt66
Oh sorry! Happy Birthday! big grin Hope you got some Zannah plushies!
And burnt them.

Q99
Originally posted by McP

Force user? Because he does have the giant storms.

As a duelist, there's no sign he's changed one bit.

Here's a thing: Star Wars has, traditionally, had a base power level, then it's also had people who think it should be fancy magic (As seen in Dark Empire, and Tales of the Jedi, full of talismans and rituals and enhancements to blow up a star because 'the power to destroy a world is insignificant compared to the power of the force' is taken way too literally), others who think that it should replicate whatever wuxia or anime movie recently and that Jedi being 'great warriors' shouldn't be about them merely doing stuff like Luke in RotJ, but should have them solo armies and all that.

Most of the force-silliness can before the Prequel Trilogy, which sorta established what top sith and Jedi could do better. Most of the fighting silliness came after, where people saw the Maul fight, thought it was cool, and wanted to turn up the dial by a ton.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Nemebro would have never forgotten. Just sayin' whistle thumb up

Angelalex242
Anyways, I think the need to make Mace a viable threat for Palpatine in ROTS outweighs the need to explain why the 200 jedi in Geonosis needed help from the clones, hence, I'd count these.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by McP

He's not really, there isn't any difference between ROTS/DE Sidious save for

- The young clone bodies

- Mastery of Force Storms

Although even before DE, he was still capable of doing Force Storms, he just hadn't quite mastered them yet.

So...there's really no difference between the two incarnations save for those 2 things.

Zenwolf
Scratch my previous post, Sidious did become more powerful/knowledgeable, I double checked. But even still

NewGuy01
Do you all think Paps was sitting idly for 30 years? Even in the 6 years between RotJ and DE, Palpatine muses that he had grown notably stronger in the Force.

That said, he may not have been keeping his lightsaber skills as refined as they could be. He claims in Rise of Darth Vader that he had only put use into the Jedi weapons to mock his adversaries, and in fact had no need to continue using them; it's possible that between RotS and RotJ, he's let some of his technical skill slip. Though that too is only speculation, my own conjecture.

Zenwolf
Do you all think Paps was sitting idly for 30 years? Even in the 6 years between RotJ and DE, Palpatine muses that he had grown notably stronger in the Force.

That said, he may not have been keeping his lightsaber skills as refined as they could be. He claims in Rise of Darth Vader that he had only put use into the Jedi weapons to mock his adversaries, and in fact had no need to continue using them; it's possible that between RotS and RotJ, he's let some of his technical skill slip. Though that too is only speculation, my own conjecture.

Hence why I double checked New. stick out tongue Just to make sure I didn't miss anything!

Lord Stark
Mace's feats don't actually make AOTCs that ridiculous. Before his battalion got annihilated he wasn't really doing anything that incredible. Also the man can't be everywhere at once, so garbage-tier Jedi are still gonna get wrecked by too many droids.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Q99

Here's a thing: Star Wars has, traditionally, had a base power level, then it's also had people who think it should be fancy magic (As seen in Dark Empire, and Tales of the Jedi, full of talismans and rituals and enhancements to blow up a star because 'the power to destroy a world is insignificant compared to the power of the force' is taken way too literally), others who think that it should replicate whatever wuxia or anime movie recently and that Jedi being 'great warriors' shouldn't be about them merely doing stuff like Luke in RotJ, but should have them solo armies and all that.

Isn't that part of what makes Star Wars awesome though? The fact that its such a wide, diverse setting where so many different themes can be explored.

Originally posted by Q99
Most of the force-silliness can before the Prequel Trilogy, which sorta established what top sith and Jedi could do better.

Or you know, it established that by the time of the Prequel Trilogy both Jedi and Sith had lost a lot of the knowledge and capabilities they once had. Tales of the Jedi is set 4000 years before the movies, plenty of time for knowledge to be lost and forgotten.

S_W_LeGenD
The medium is cartoonish and lacking in realism.

For example, we see Yoda colliding two transport ships into each other mid-air. However, Yoda's feat may also have a hidden aspect: using the Force to influence the controls of the ships to move into each other.

Anakin is also depicted to tilt a battle-station. It could be that Anakin disturbed the controls of battle-station to destabilize it. But we would never know due to nature of depiction of the event.

Holistically, we don't see Anakin and Yoda performing these kind of actions on consistent basis. Therefore, it can be assumed that they got lucky and found it possible to manipulate the movements of those ships from a certain distance while they were not in motion.

As for Windu, its been mentioned in literature that he destroyed a seismic tank. However, literature does not mentions that he cut a swath through a droid army to reach the tank.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.