The Cabal - Vs - Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..

Vulcan
Cls.Loki
Cls.Juggy
Apocalypse
Dracula
Dr.Doom

Vs

Thanos

Golgo13
Cabal.

Glorificus
Without Prep, Thanos.

With Prep, Cabal.

CatL18
In Cabal, without Vulcan,Who can damage Thanos?
Thanos can tank even Black Hole.

ODG
Originally posted by CatL18
In Cabal, without Vulcan,Who can damage Thanos?
Thanos can tank even Black Hole. But they do have Vulcan. And Juggernaut would give Thanos a run for his money in the physical department. Especially when there isn't any BFR.

Sin I AM
Vulcan get an upgrade?

Damborgson
Originally posted by ODG
But they do have Vulcan. And Juggernaut would give Thanos a run for his money in the physical department. Especially when there isn't any BFR.

If Juggernaut doesn't have shields, he's very likely going to get the snot beat out of him. but he luckily has teammates here.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Vulcan get an upgrade?

His fts is enough.

Supermex
Vulcan
Juggy
Apocalypse

Need be physical in this fight

Time Immemorial
Thanos

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
His fts is enough.

What feats? He has none that suggests he will be remotely a problem for thanos

krisblaze
Originally posted by Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..

Vulcan
Cls.Loki
Cls.Juggy
Apocalypse
Dracula
Dr.Doom

Vs

Thanos

Close match, but Thanos in my opinion.

These guys can't really do much to him with their "average hits", so unless the team is going all out then there's nothing that's stopping Thanos from absorbing their hits and dishing out more than they can handle.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by krisblaze
Close match, but Thanos in my opinion.

These guys can't really do much to him with their "average hits", so unless the team is going all out then there's nothing that's stopping Thanos from absorbing their hits and dishing out more than they can handle.

Even going all out i cant see them doing anything

carver9
What feats? He has none that suggests he will be remotely a problem for thanos

Thanos would have to go physical the entire time. Any blast Thanos use would be used against him by Vulcan and yes, Vulcan has the fts proving this. Hell, Thanos just being there would probably make Vulcan more powerful since Thanos is a professional at using and dishing out energy attacks. Vulcan also has the option of attacking Thanos internally. Let's put it like this...Vulcan is the best energy manipulator in Marvel from what I've seen. To the point that he was able to absorb 'black bolts scream directly in the face'. Hell, he even matched Havok power 'after Havok fed on a STAR'. Like I've said, based off fts, Vulcan is dangerous, very dangerous.

carver9
Even going all out i cant see them doing anything

Based on?

quanchi112
Thanos wins, easily.

Sin I AM
Thanos would have to go physical the entire time. Any blast Thanos use would be used against him by Vulcan and yes, Vulcan has the fts proving this. Hell, Thanos just being there would probably make Vulcan more powerful since Thanos is a professional at using and dishing out energy attacks. Vulcan also has the option of attacking Thanos internally. Let's put it like this...Vulcan is the best energy manipulator in Marvel from what I've seen. To the point that he was able to absorb 'black bolts scream directly in the face'. Hell, he even matched Havok power 'after Havok fed on a STAR'. Like I've said, based off fts, Vulcan is dangerous, very dangerous. Vulcan lost to Gladiator. He lost to Havok. He lost to Black Bolt. He is of no consequence to Thanos.

carver9
Vulcan lost to Gladiator. He lost to Havok. He lost to Black Bolt. He is of no consequence to Thanos.

Wait a minute...did you not see the entire fight with Gladiator. He took on the entirety of the Shiar and was killing them one at a time. Gladiator used some kind of unstoppable power to bypass Vulcan energy blast. Something Thanos doesn't have here. I can easily do what you did. Let's not go there.

No one is saying Vulcan is soloing, but, in this match, he can easily turn the tide in the team favor. Anyways, I have no quads with anyone choosing Thanos but the team will give him a fight.

quanchi112
Vulcan would be nothing to Thanos. Look at how Thanos treats the Surfer. People get really mad that Thanos beats their heroes.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Vulcan would be nothing to Thanos. Look at how Thanos treats the Surfer. People get really mad that Thanos beats their heroes.

Thanos is above Herald level. I don't think Vulcan would beat Thanos alone but him being there is a huge issue imo. Thanos can NOT use any energy attacks in this battle or it could be his downfall.

One_Angry_Scot
Wait a minute...did you not see the entire fight with Gladiator. He took on the entirety of the Shiar and was killing them one at a time. Gladiator used some kind of unstoppable power to bypass Vulcan energy blast. Something Thanos doesn't have here. I can easily do what you did. Let's not go there.

No one is saying Vulcan is soloing, but, in this match, he can easily turn the tide in the team favor. Anyways, I have no quads with anyone choosing Thanos but the team will give him a fight.

Not to mention Vulcan was weakened when he attacked Gladiator.

One_Angry_Scot
Thanos would have to go physical the entire time. Any blast Thanos use would be used against him by Vulcan and yes, Vulcan has the fts proving this. Hell, Thanos just being there would probably make Vulcan more powerful since Thanos is a professional at using and dishing out energy attacks. Vulcan also has the option of attacking Thanos internally. Let's put it like this...Vulcan is the best energy manipulator in Marvel from what I've seen. To the point that he was able to absorb 'black bolts scream directly in the face'. Hell, he even matched Havok power 'after Havok fed on a STAR'. Like I've said, based off fts, Vulcan is dangerous, very dangerous.

He didn't absorb the scream. He got reduced to a skeleton then regenerated back.

Remember I made this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t601757.html

Sin I AM

U have no idea what you're talking about. Vulcan is not the best energy manipulator. The imperial guard is nothing save for gladiator. And thanos faces a far superior energy manipulator all the time and casually owns him. Read more comics.

Supermex
With help against Thanos, you got even Dr.Doom, Loki, Drac, Apocalypse and Juggs who all have backup here..

Vulcan
Loki
Juggy
Apocalypse
Dracula
Dr.Doom

Vs

Thanos

I Dont see Thanos beating this team..

Insane Titan
I see the usual shit is been thrown about IE carver.

Vulcan has never manipulated or absorbed energy from someone on the power lvl of Thanos including the mixture of his energy

carver9
U have no idea what you're talking about. Vulcan is not the best energy manipulator. The imperial guard is nothing save for gladiator. And thanos faces a far superior energy manipulator all the time and casually owns him. Read more comics.

SMDH...controlling energy, all forms, is Vulcan Forte. Thanos using any type of energy attack during this battle would result in his loss. The guy toyed with the energy from a guy that was pulling power from billions (or millions, cant remember) of aliens. He did it easily.

Lol...so him running through the imperial guard isn't impressive. Sin...I'm trying not to pull out these recent Thanos showings but you are literally over hyping him right now. Stop it.

Insane Titan
U have no idea what you're talking about. Vulcan is not the best energy manipulator. The imperial guard is nothing save for gladiator. And thanos faces a far superior energy manipulator all the time and casually owns him. Read more comics. thumb up

Sin I AM
SMDH...controlling energy, all forms, is Vulcan Forte. Thanos using any type of energy attack during this battle would result in his loss. The guy toyed with the energy from a guy that was pulling power from billions (or millions, cant remember) of aliens. He did it easily.

Lol...so him running through the imperial guard isn't impressive. Sin...I'm trying not to pull out these recent Thanos showings but you are literally over hyping him right now. Stop it.

What showings? U mean his last event? You're not proving anything. I read marvel all the time. I know his feats. Tell me. What's the best energy manipulation feat that Vulcan has that makes you believe he can overcome a low skyfather

carver9
What showings? U mean his last event? You're not proving anything. I read marvel all the time. I know his feats. Tell me. What's the best energy manipulation feat that Vulcan has that makes you believe he can overcome a low skyfather

Low Skyfather? WTF.

Sin I AM
Low Skyfather? WTF.

Concession accepted

carver9
Concession accepted

Drax vs Thanos.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827119/vs5.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827120/vs6.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827122/vs7.jpg.html

Nova then shows up and temp drops him with a blast.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827125/vs8.jpg.html

Since you brought up Gladiator. Gladiator vs Drax.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/23374/3696280-all-new+x-men+024-013.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/23374/3696281-all-new+x-men+024-014.jpg

Gladiator vs Drax again. Gladiator admits that he is toying with him and stomps him right after (lol)...and easily at that.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/3997744-guardians+of+the+galaxy+%282013-%29+017-009.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/3997747-guardians+of+the+galaxy+%282013-%29+017-010.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/3997749-guardians+of+the+galaxy+%282013-%29+017-011.jpg

Do I need to post some Nova showings as well? Thanos is trans tier. He is not a low Skyfather. An argument can be made for him possibly beating this team but I can see the team winning as well. Did you see their fight against the Ravengers? Thanos and Nova?

Bentley
I don't personally think Thanos is low skyfather either. But this discussion seems to be more about definitions than an overall powerlevel.

Sin I AM
Not sure if serious

Insane Titan

1guru
this forum loves thanos too much. Cabal stomps.

Sin I AM

quanchi112
Originally posted by 1guru
this forum loves thanos too much. Cabal stomps. Based on ?

quanchi112
Thanos is above Herald level. I don't think Vulcan would beat Thanos alone but him being there is a huge issue imo. Thanos can NOT use any energy attacks in this battle or it could be his downfall. Based on what ? Please provide examples.

krisblaze
Carver's forgotten that Thanos also controls energy.

It's not like people's dropped Vulcan with energy attacks.

Wait...

Havok already did that.....three times

Bentley

Wait...

Havok >>> Thanos eek!

basilisk
Vulcan
Loki
Juggy
Apocalypse
Dracula
Dr.Doom

Thanos is not a skyfather level being, not even a low skyfather. While some of this team won't be doing much I think they have a solid chance of winning. Or at least taking a majority.

DarkSaint85
What if Dracula bit his team mates, making them vampires?

krisblaze
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What if Dracula bit his team mates, making them vampires?

They'd be strong, but it'd be better if Loki magic'd them each a pair of adamantium katana.

Estacado
facepalm
As Kris said an amped Havok blasted the shit out of Vulcan 3 times.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by basilisk
Vulcan
Loki
Juggy
Apocalypse
Dracula
Dr.Doom

Thanos is not a skyfather level being, not even a low skyfather. While some of this team won't be doing much I think they have a solid chance of winning. Or at least taking a majority.

A case can be argued that he is. The term is purely cosmetic from high trans anyway. If you favor him as i do you'd be more inclined to raise his stock a tad. Given what he's capable of id place him as the pinnacle of the trans tier. With the ability to eclipse it when pushed. Just like surfer or Thor or superman with herald and iron man with high meta.

carver9

Wait...

A Havok that absorbed a star. When were the other times Havok beat him 'without context'?

krisblaze
A Havok that absorbed a star. When were the other times Havok beat him 'without context'?
The context is that havok used firepower that is less than what Thanos has at his disposal.

He used the power of a star or the power of a hodunn, that's significantly less than Thanos' output.

Sin I AM
context?

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!! The stones on u!!

carver9
The context is that havok used firepower that is less than what Thanos has at his disposal.

He used the power of a star or the power of a hodunn, that's significantly less than Thanos' output.

So Thanos is more powerful than a star?

carver9
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!! The stones on u!!

Please explain? Are you talking about my Thanos scans (please say yes)?

krisblaze
Yes.

A hodunn unleashed is roughly low/mid herald.

Sin I AM

Yes.

Please explain? Are you talking about my Thanos scans (please say yes)?

No that's already been answered by another poster. Im just amused you asked for context since you ALWAYS leave it out in your scans..

DarkSaint85
According to carver, the Hulk can withstand the output of 1 million exploding stars, so...

Estacado
According to carver, the Hulk can withstand the output of 1 million exploding stars, so...
So not even 1,000,000 Thanoses could beat Hulk....mmm

carver9
Yes.

A hodunn unleashed is roughly low/mid herald.

Mid Herald? Really? Havok sundipping, challenging Vulcan isn't a low showing. The guy absorbed a star for crying out loud.

carver9
Yes.

No that's already been answered by another poster. Im just amused you asked for context since you ALWAYS leave it out in your scans..

That other poster got it wrong though. Thanos was punched by a depleted cube and got up smiling. There was no sign of damage, at all, unless someone can prove it.

Make a thread. Would this damage a skyfather.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827109/vs2.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827112/vs3.jpg.html

carver9

Whats up buddy? Lol...so you have my posts memorized?

krisblaze
Mid Herald? Really? Havok sundipping, challenging Vulcan isn't a low showing. The guy absorbed a star for crying out loud.

A Hodinn is a small sentient star. Like G-Type and the member of Vulcan's personal imperial guard.

They are roughly around low/mid herald.

That is what Havok absorbed the second time he took out Vulcan.

DarkSaint85
Whats up buddy? Lol...so you have my posts memorized?

Always.

carver9
A Hodinn is a small sentient star. Like G-Type and the member of Vulcan's personal imperial guard.

They are roughly around low/mid herald.

That is what Havok absorbed the second time he took out Vulcan.

We don't know where that star put Havok though. All we know is, it gave him enough power to handle Vulcan which is a huge showing on its own.

The first time, what happened?

krisblaze
We don't know where that star put Havok though. All we know is, it gave him enough power to handle Vulcan which is a huge showing on its own.

Actually, nvm the order.

I was thinking of the third time.

The first time Havok wasn't the one who beat Vulcan, it was Polaris. She also used energy to beat him.

Then Havok absorbed power from a star (not an entire star).

The third time Havok absorbed power from a Hodinn (miniature star).

carver9
Cosmic Cube...

It is broken...pretty much spent.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/1516744-25_guardians_of_the_galaxy_v2__25___page_20.jpg

Anyways, it's just a cosmic paper weight now.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/1516756-25_guardians_of_the_galaxy_v2__25___page_23.jpg

This is what was said about the cube before we see Thanos and Richie in the undead Universe facing Thanos.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/1516740-the_thanos_imperative__6___page_18.jpg

Confirmation that the cube is still jacked up. "The cube still have a shot or two left". So again, it having any type of weakness towards his durability when overall it was near depletion is laughable.

carver9
Actually, nvm the order.

I was thinking of the third time.

The first time Havok wasn't the one who beat Vulcan, it was Polaris. She also used energy to beat him.

Then Havok absorbed power from a star (not an entire star).

The third time Havok absorbed power from a Hodinn (miniature star).

A Phoenix empowered Rachel had a lot to do with Polaris damaging Vulcan though.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/20036674/7.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/20036679/8.png.html

A lot of his losses has context.

krisblaze
Yes, obviously regular Havok is not beating him, as Vulcan is immune to his powers....

The point is that regular energy attacks still hurt him. Phoenix could still hold him in place.

carver9
Yes, obviously regular Havok is not beating him, as Vulcan is immune to his powers....

The point is that regular energy attacks still hurt him. Phoenix could still hold him in place.

Agreed? Vulcan doesn't stand a chance against Thanos one on one. My post was focused on him being a side distraction. Using Thanos own energy blasts against him while the team face Thanos physically both energy output and h2h.

krisblaze
Agreed? Vulcan doesn't stand a chance against Thanos one on one. My post was focused on him being a side distraction. Using Thanos own energy blasts against him while the team face Thanos physically both energy output and h2h.
Seems unlikely considering that Thanos is more intelligent, a better fighter and probably has superior energy control.

Sin I AM
Why are you spamming the thread with something that isn't relevant. Noones in possession of a cube here. Malfunctioning or not it's still a cube. Cubes (classic anyway) are above skyfathers but below abstracts so I'd say Galactus level or slightly below celestials imo not sure exactly what you're trying to prove.

DarkSaint85
Also, BFR may be off, but there's nothing from stopping Thanos from sending them all away.

They can make their own way back to the battlefield, under their own power, so no BFR. But they wouldn't all be on the field at the same time.

So send them all different distances away. Doom is the first to show up (for example). He's taken out, just in time for Loki etc etc.

So not a group battle, but a gauntlet. Vulcan would be first back on the field, charging in, screaming, as he always does. As per Carver's post, he wouldn't stand a chance one on one.

Insane Titan
Ffs why does carver just post shit , it's clear the assumption that the cube was nearly empty was wrong from the start when Kang first had it as its been used a shit load of times since.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Ffs why does carver just post shit , it's clear the assumption that the cube was nearly empty was wrong from the start when Kang first had it as its been used a shit load of times since. Taking lowballing to new heights. I was arguing on another board about a scan during annihilation when drax killed thanos . Then he used those same scans that Carver just.pulled to say that gladiator is greater than Thanos. Idiocy

carver9
Taking lowballing to new heights. I was arguing on another board about a scan during annihilation when drax killed thanos . Then he used those same scans that Carver just.pulled to say that gladiator is greater than Thanos. Idiocy

I never said Gladiator could beat Thanos. You brought up Gladiator, so I stayed with him. Not trying to lowball, pointing out facts.

Insane Titan
Taking lowballing to new heights. I was arguing on another board about a scan during annihilation when drax killed thanos . Then he used those same scans that Carver just.pulled to say that gladiator is greater than Thanos. Idiocy it's all he does constantly. The sad thing is every poster knows it and calls him on it but he thinks he's NEVER in the wrong.

Sin I AM
I never said Gladiator could beat Thanos. You brought up Gladiator, so I stayed with him. Not trying to lowball, pointing out facts. you're backtracking now luv. You posted a scan of drax beating up thanos to somehow show that his durability sucks even though EVERYONE knows Drax is his kryptonite. He can bypass shields, etc. Plus Thanos was weakened. But u left that out. You try an discredit a cube showing which was fail. Then have the nerve to keep asserting that a Vulcan is the best energy manipulator (when's he's not) and ask for context to his loses when u provided none for Thanos. Totally amusing

Bentley

Havok can do crazy stuff absorbing regular energies, even those that can't hurt anyone in normal conditions. From there it's pretty likely that him absorbing a star would allow him to output much more energy than a single star of the same caliber could ever output.

carver9
you're backtracking now luv. You posted a scan of drax beating up thanos to somehow show that his durability sucks even though EVERYONE knows Drax is his kryptonite. He can bypass shields, etc. Plus Thanos was weakened. But u left that out. You try an discredit a cube showing which was fail. Then have the nerve to keep asserting that a Vulcan is the best energy manipulator (when's he's not) and ask for context to his loses when u provided none for Thanos. Totally amusing

That was a fist fight between Drax and Thanos, had nothing to do with weakness exploiting. There has been times where Thanos curbed Drax in h2h combat.

What weakened Thanos? Educate me. I don't mind admitting I'm wrong.

Like I've said before, Thanos could wins this but anyone voting for the team, I do not fault them.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Havok can do crazy stuff absorbing regular energies, even those that can't hurt anyone in normal conditions. From there it's pretty likely that him absorbing a star would allow him to output much more energy than a single star of the same caliber could ever output.

thumb up

Sin I AM
Too much to teach you. U lack basic comprehensive skill

carver9
Lol...I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you about this Sin. Agree to disagree. Anyways, does anyone know Hickman's email address?

Sin I AM
You originally posted a scan of drax beating Thanos right. Then in the same post you posted scans of drax fighting gladiator evenly. Alluding that thanos was weak without putting into context what transpired BEFORE the fight. Classic Carver shenanigans

carver9
You originally posted a scan of drax beating Thanos right. Then in the same post you posted scans of drax fighting gladiator evenly. Alluding that thanos was weak without putting into context what transpired BEFORE the fight. Classic Carver shenanigans

Which is the reason I posted the scans of the cosmic cube because what happened before that is Thanos being punched in the face with the cube (that he shrugged off). You ignored my scans because you didn't like it. Oh well. Why continue Sin? Let's just bring this to a stalemate. I don't have any issues with you thinking Thanos wins this. I just want that email address for right now. I care little about this thread.

Sin I AM
Which is the reason I posted the scans of the cosmic cube because what happened before that is Thanos being punched in the face with the cube (that he shrugged off). You ignored my scans because you didn't like it. Oh well. Why continue Sin? Let's just bring this to a stalemate. I don't have any issues with you thinking Thanos wins this. I just want that email address for right now. I care little about this thread.

Which scans did i ignore? The gladiator ones, probably because he isnt in this fight. The cube ones? Definitely because noone here has cube level powers. The Vulcan scans, definitely because he's never displayed that level of energy manipulation.

carver9
Which scans did i ignore? The gladiator ones, probably because he isnt in this fight. The cube ones? Definitely because noone here has cube level powers. The Vulcan scans, definitely because he's never displayed that level of energy manipulation.

A depleted cube as stated on panel. What's the power of a 'depleted' cube?

What level of energy manipulation?

KuRuPT Thanosi
BTW Carver.. Thanos is low skyfather level

Sin I AM
A depleted cube as stated on panel. What's the power of a 'depleted' cube?

What level of energy manipulation?

So if i tell you a gun is out if bullets and i pull the trigger and it fires what does that mean?

Any feat suggesting he can effect trans tier level energy projection

carver9
So if i tell you a gun is out if bullets and i pull the trigger and it fires what does that mean?

Any feat suggesting he can effect trans tier level energy projection

That it had enough kick for a couple more attacks. It wasn't fully developed, at all. Not even close.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
BTW Carver.. Thanos is low skyfather level

No. He is the highest of trans you can get. The embodiment of that tier but he is not a Skyfather.

DarkSaint85
That it had enough kick for a couple more attacks. It wasn't fully developed, at all. Not even close.

So a gun with one/two bullets in it is less lethal than one with a full clip?

carver9
So a gun with one/two bullets in it is less lethal than one with a full clip?

This isn't a gun we are talking about here.

DarkSaint85
This isn't a gun we are talking about here.

OK. How much weaker were the blasts from the CC? Does it's level of depletion affect the blast strength?

IOW, is it like a balloon - the less air in there, the lower the pressure, or is it like a gun, where the amount of bullets make no difference to whether it would kill me or not, as long as it can still fire?

Serious question, btw. Have no idea about CCs apart from them being super powerful.

Insane Titan
OK. How much weaker were the blasts from the CC? Does it's level of depletion affect the blast strength?

IOW, is it like a balloon - the less air in there, the lower the pressure, or is it like a gun, where the amount of bullets make no difference to whether it would kill me or not, as long as it can still fire?

Serious question, btw. Have no idea about CCs apart from them being super powerful. when starlord was asked about the Cube and why he didn't use its power to make himself God he made a jokey comment. The comment hinted as to the power the cube had left.

Of course this comment doesn't count if it's in favour of Thanos

carver9

Serious question, btw. Have no idea about CCs apart from them being super powerful.

Would a punch from a near depleted of power Hulk be stronger or one from a full powered Hulk?

DarkSaint85
Would a punch from a near depleted of power Hulk be stronger or one from a full powered Hulk?

Yeah, which is what I am asking.

Is it like a weakened Hulk, or a depleted gun? You're not answering the question.

But to answer your question, it would be weaker. Whether your analogy is then applicable, I do not know.

carver9
Yeah, which is what I am asking.

Is it like a weakened Hulk, or a depleted gun? You're not answering the question.

But to answer your question, it would be weaker. Whether your analogy is then applicable, I do not know.

Why would a near depleted cube pack the same amount of power as a full powered cube would pack? This isn't bullets we are talking about. This is energy.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver, When you look at Thanos' history.. it obviously did have quite a bit of power left in it. He's taken full blasts from Surfer and smiled like a kid at Christmas. He's rarely been KO'd via energy blasts in his entire history...So considering he's taken blasts from Galactus... Omega... Odin... Walker... along with many many others and not been KO'd... I think it's safe to say that Cube had quite the pop.

carver9
Carver, When you look at Thanos' history.. it obviously did have quite a bit of power left in it. He's taken full blasts from Surfer and smiled like a kid at Christmas. He's rarely been KO'd via energy blasts in his entire history...So considering he's taken blasts from Galactus... Omega... Odin... Walker... along with many many others and not been KO'd... I think it's safe to say that Cube had quite the pop.

Everything you said is trans level fts. He was dropped by Omega though and had his shields up against Galactus. To king Surfer attack is trans level.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I wasn't even talking about the Skyfather vs. Trans argument with my post... I was talking about you saying the cube had hardly anything left in it... I then cited numerous incidents that haven't KO'd Thanos.. Including those I listed... His own Doppleganger... Magus with an incomplete IG smacked him and he wasn't KO'd... Incidents and incidents where he is not KO'd and yet this cube briefly KO'd him.. clearly it had some pop left in it.

carver9
I wasn't even talking about the Skyfather vs. Trans argument with my post... I was talking about you saying the cube had hardly anything left in it... I then cited numerous incidents that haven't KO'd Thanos.. Including those I listed... His own Doppleganger... Magus with an incomplete IG smacked him and he wasn't KO'd... Incidents and incidents where he is not KO'd and yet this cube briefly KO'd him.. clearly it had some pop left in it.

Nobody said the cube was weak though. Of course it would have some juice left because we seen it but it was not at full power. Not even close. Hell, at one point it looked as if there wasn't any power in it at all.

DarkSaint85
Why would a near depleted cube pack the same amount of power as a full powered cube would pack? This isn't bullets we are talking about. This is energy.

OK.

Can a car with less fuel go as fast as a car with a full tank?

carver9
OK.

Can a car with less fuel go as fast as a car with a full tank?

Sigh. Dark, you ARE my favorite KMC person but you are driving me insane with these real life question.

DarkSaint85
Sigh.

Same analogy, surely?

One car has less fuel (i.e. energy) in the tank.

The amount it outputs at any one time (i.e the rate) does not depend on how much energy is left.

Can both cars go at 60mph (assuming of course the weight difference is minimal)? What if car A has 50% of car B's fuel levels? Does that mean car A is 50% slower?

DarkSaint85
Sigh. Dark, you ARE my favorite KMC person but you are driving me insane with these real life question.

thumb up

carver9
Cosmic Cube...

It is broken...pretty much spent.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/1516744-25_guardians_of_the_galaxy_v2__25___page_20.jpg

Anyways, it's just a cosmic paper weight now.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/1516756-25_guardians_of_the_galaxy_v2__25___page_23.jpg

This is what was said about the cube before we see Thanos and Richie in the undead Universe facing Thanos.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/1516740-the_thanos_imperative__6___page_18.jpg

Confirmation that the cube is still jacked up. "The cube still have a shot or two left". So again, it having any type of weakness towards his durability when overall it was near depletion is laughable.

"It was broken, pretty much SPENT. Enough for one last ZAP".

"It's pretty much a paper weight now".

"That cosmic cube still works? Might be good for one last shot".

Think this is on point with the power output. Especially the first two scans.

DarkSaint85
"It was broken, pretty much SPENT. Enough for one last ZAP".

"It's pretty much a paper weight now".

"That cosmic cube still works? Might be good for one last shot".

Think this is on point with the power output. Especially the first two scans.

Again.

Is a car that's 50% empty slower than a car with a full tank?

carver9
Again.

Is a car that's 50% empty slower than a car with a full tank?

Nope. What's the point of the question?

Insane Titan
When has it ever been stated that a cube loses its potency after expanding power/energy

Sin I AM
When has it ever been stated that a cube loses its potency after expanding power/energy

Never

leonidas
well, we know it WAS depleted. i'm sort of siding with carv in this one. imo, the cube was 'lessened'. obviously (as can be seen by the discussion) that might mean that it can still attack at full force but for only a ltd time, or it might mean it can NOT attack at full force at all. i'm of the opinion it was intended to be the latter just from the way the cube was depicted and discussed. just how much power can even a 'lessened' cube unleash? well, again, that's purely opinion based. i'd say.....quite a lot, clearly. was it a trans-level blast? skyfather-level blast? seems pedantic to try and label it that way and any attempt to do so would only be speculatory. if i were forced to pick, i'd say it was a blast on the level of thanos himself, for whatever that's worth.....

and the love affair between carver and ds is sickening me. watch your back ds, i know a certain irish mod who may have his green eyes on you. sneer

Insane Titan
Originally posted by leonidas
well, we know it WAS depleted. i'm sort of siding with carv in this one. imo, the cube was 'lessened'. obviously (as can be seen by the discussion) that might mean that it can still attack at full force but for only a ltd time, or it might mean it can NOT attack at full force at all. i'm of the opinion it was intended to be the latter just from the way the cube was depicted and discussed. just how much power can even a 'lessened' cube unleash? well, again, that's purely opinion based. i'd say.....quite a lot, clearly. was it a trans-level blast? skyfather-level blast? seems pedantic to try and label it that way and any attempt to do so would only be speculatory. if i were forced to pick, i'd say it was a blast on the level of thanos himself, for whatever that's worth.....

and the love affair between carver and ds is sickening me. watch your back ds, i know a certain irish mod who may have his green eyes on you. sneer so you think a herald lvl energy attack would ko or kill Thanos .

KuRuPT Thanosi
Sup Big Leo... A fair post as usual buddy. My only comment would be that I've never seen it stated that a depleted cube couldn't unleash a blast as powerful as a full one. I believe it just can't do it for as long. That's just my thought

Insane Titan
Never ignorance is bless in this case then

leonidas
so you think a herald lvl energy attack would ko or kill Thanos .

huh? herlad level? only i guess if you think thanos himself is herald level. the cube was lessened. the effect of said lessening is up to you. i think it's a bit silly to assume it could reach the same level of power as it could were it a full strength cube, but......that could be blissful thinking. wink

leonidas
Sup Big Leo... A fair post as usual buddy. My only comment would be that I've never seen it stated that a depleted cube couldn't unleash a blast as powerful as a full one. I believe it just can't do it for as long. That's just my thought

yo,

i have no problem with you thinking that. just doesn't make sense to me. all the support in the book indicates it was a weakened cube. we know a full strength cube's power--it's one of the most powerful artifacts in marvel. it made thanos eternity at one point. so you think the cube was capable of unleashing an eternity level blast? sorry my man, not buying that at all. if you think it WASN'T an eternity level blast, then you're also suggesting it was weakened and incapable of unleashing its power at full capacity--or that quill, what? held back? also not indicated at all.

you of course can believe what you'd like, but based on everything in the book, and the history of full power cubes, not sure how you conclude that was a full power blast from a weapon that made thanos eternity.

Insane Titan
huh? herlad level? only i guess if you think thanos himself is herald level. the cube was lessened. the effect of said lessening is up to you. i think it's a bit silly to assume it could reach the same level of power as it could were it a full strength cube, but......that could be blissful thinking. wink no I'm going by your assumption. You don't think its skyfather or above. We've seen him tank trans tier attacks and not get koed or killed.

It's pretty clear how powerful that cube was when the writers had Thanos easily chump Lord marvell who was empoweredby the Cancerverse gods , it was the same guys that wrote the cube scans carver posted.

carver9
Leo...I just want you to know that you and Dark are tied for my numero uno. I think we should do a group hug. Dark already sent me a message saying is ok with that.

leonidas
no I'm going by your assumption. You don't think its skyfather or above. We've seen him tank trans tier attacks and not get koed or killed.

It's pretty clear how powerful that cube was when the writers had Thanos easily chump Lord marvell who was empoweredby the Cancerverse gods , it was the same guys that wrote the cube scans carver posted.

after saying i didn't really want to guess at the level, i suggested it might be a blast was on the level of thanos himself, but that's pure speculation, which i fully admit to. clearly i hope we all agree it wasn't eternity level..... if that's true than by default it was less than full capacity--or quill held back. i'll go with the former in this case.

leonidas
Leo...I just want you to know that you and Dark are tied for my numero uno. I think we should do a group hug. Dark already sent me a message saying is ok with that.

he would. sneer

KuRuPT Thanosi
yo,

i have no problem with you thinking that. just doesn't make sense to me. all the support in the book indicates it was a weakened cube. we know a full strength cube's power--it's one of the most powerful artifacts in marvel. it made thanos eternity at one point. so you think the cube was capable of unleashing an eternity level blast? sorry my man, not buying that at all. if you think it WASN'T an eternity level blast, then you're also suggesting it was weakened and incapable of unleashing its power at full capacity--or that quill, what? held back? also not indicated at all.

you of course can believe what you'd like, but based on everything in the book, and the history of full power cubes, not sure how you conclude that was a full power blast from a weapon that made thanos eternity.

No my good man, on the contrary, I'm simply suggesting that it could unleash just as powerful a blast but not for nearly as long or do nearly as many things shall we say. For example.. Let's say it wanted to destroy the Milky Way Galaxy... A full cube could unleash enough power to get the job done.. Where a non full powered cube could initial release the necessary energies to take out the Milky Way but not have enough Juice to fully get the job done.

No, I don't think it was a Eternity Level blast buddy, and don't remember saying that in the least. What I am saying is, there isn't a single source that I know of saying that a less than full cube couldn't release the same as a full one. If you know of a source please post it.

In the end as you say, it's nearly impossible to tell how powerful the blast was or how much power was left in the cube. It's this is basically a futile argument in the end. My only point is, that there is nothing to suggest that a full powered cube could've released a more potent blast than that cube. For all we know, considering its operator.. that was the best he could do full cube or not. There is just no way to know.

DarkSaint85
I just want to say, no matter what, that I hate carver.

carver9
I just want to say, no matter what, that I hate carver.

laughing out loud

Insane Titan
after saying i didn't really want to guess at the level, i suggested it might be a blast was on the level of thanos himself, but that's pure speculation, which i fully admit to. clearly i hope we all agree it wasn't eternity level..... if that's true than by default it was less than full capacity--or quill held back. i'll go with the former in this case. the forum lol. You mean posters that ignore on panel proof.

leonidas
former, not forum.... no expression

Sin I AM
Not even sure y the cube is being discussed since even combined none here rival it's power

carver9
What do we have here? We have Quill saying that the Cube is depleted with enough energy to blast twice. Not only that. The writer threw at us where the power level of this cube was. Quill had enough juice to fire two full blast from this cube. He used the cube on Thanos once. Then it was used repeatedly in the undying universe. Now, this takes a little thinking. Since we know the cube was near depleted and had enough juice for two blasts, did Quill use the full power of the cube when he blasts Thanos the first time? If so, what about all of the other times it was used after this? We have full on confirmation that it's depleted. Proof that it wasn't at full power. Proof that it was used more than once. With that said, what proof is there that Quill put all of the juice in one attack since we all know it was near depletion? The proof goes against this. Two full attacks is what the writer told us. We get more than this. The full power of the cube that was left over wasn't being used.

Sin I AM
What do we have here? We have Quill saying that the Cube is depleted with enough energy to blast twice. Not only that. The writer threw at us where the power level of this cube was. Quill had enough juice to fire two full blast from this cube. He used the cube on Thanos once. Then it was used repeatedly in the undying universe. Now, this takes a little thinking. Since we know the cube was near depleted and had enough juice for two blasts, did Quill use the full power of the cube when he blasts Thanos the first time? If so, what about all of the other times it was used after this? We have full on confirmation that it's depleted. Proof that it wasn't at full power. Proof that it was used more than once. With that said, what proof is there that Quill put all of the juice in one attack since we all know it was near depletion? The proof goes against this. Two full attacks is what the writer told us. We get more than this. The full power of the cube that was left over wasn't being used.

There are no cube beings here sooooooo y u keep mentioning it

carver9
There are no cube beings here sooooooo y u keep mentioning it

Lol... you started this though, but, I agree, I'm done discussing it.

One-Punch
That cube had enough power to disintegrate Thanos with a blast. That's something Odin, a well-fed angry Galactus and Omega couldn't accomplish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.