Sentry -Vs- Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..

Current Sentry

Vs

Dcnu Superman

Time Immemorial
Nice job making a thread been done 100 times.

riv6672
I'd say Superman.

carver9
no expression

riv6672
Make a choice, Carver. wink

Golgo13
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Nice job making a thread been done 100 times.

1000 times.

leonidas
yeah, can't believe this thread has been made again. current sentry, as in death sentry?? superman isn't beating death sentry i'm afraid....

but yeah, this will likely be closed as a repeat.

riv6672
But...Superman! stick out tongue

tkitna
Spite. Current Sentry stomps.

quanchi112
Sentry rapes.

riv6672
I'd never choose Sentry over Superman in a fight, regardless of versions.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by riv6672
I'd never choose Sentry over Superman in a fight, regardless of versions. Originally posted by riv6672
I'd never choose Sentry over Superman in a fight, regardless of versions. i think superman will win here

Supermex
What puts death cry Sentry over Dcnu Superman?

tkitna
Originally posted by Supermex
What puts death cry Sentry over Dcnu Superman?

The fact that he is superior in all facets plus he cant die or be harmed. Pretty clear cut to me.

riv6672
Stronger and faster doesnt mean superior.
If that were true every fight in a comic would be depressingly predictable.

One_Angry_Scot
Riv I don't know why you're implying he has a chance.

DCNU Superman is a monster of a character but he is out of his depth here.

leonidas
that's just pure lack of knowledge talking.....anyone who's read the current sentry should know that supes can't win here. we don't even know IF sentry can be killed. he was clearly well above thor though.

juggernaut74
What issue did Sentry fight Thor in?

zopzop
Originally posted by tkitna
Spite. Current Sentry stomps. Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry rapes.

D-Block
Sentry without to much trouble

Damborgson
Spite

tkitna
Stronger and faster doesnt mean superior.

In this case, it does.

I see no way in which Superman can win here.

Damborgson
His brain can be smashed to pieces and he'll still come back. Unless a giant worm comes and helps, it's spite.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111137388/3523722-1393007423-35216.jpg

Mindship
Death Sentry. He's like a skyfather downloaded into role of superhero. He's meant to be on a whole other level, even compared to herald tiers. That's the point of him (I think).

Haunting, disturbing impression: I don't see either of my two favorites (Superman being one) as victorious against him.

leonidas
they may be hard pressed to beat him together.... you could be right about this version of sentry. be interesting to see where they decide to take him.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
they may be hard pressed to beat him together.... you could be right about this version of sentry. be interesting to see where they decide to take him.

He's too powerful to be practical. Marvel will either deep six him. or
have him around on very rare occasions.

riv6672
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Riv I don't know why you're implying he has a chance.

DCNU Superman is a monster of a character but he is out of his depth here.
Not implying, flat out saying.
I understand you disagreeing though.

h1a8
I know a way Superman can not lose here. But I'm not sure if he would think of it. Do you guys want to know?

h1a8
superman smashes his brains in and then keep the pieces apart to prevent Sentry from reforming his head.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
superman smashes his brains in and then keep the pieces apart to prevent Sentry from reforming his head.

Right because Superman goes around smashing the brains out of his
opponents, and trying his hardest to keep their brain matter bottled.
This would also suggest that Superman knew that the Sentry would
come back from such an attack. I'm betting that the same thing that
happened to Thor, would happen with Superman, and then it would be
Bob's turn.

riv6672
I love fanfic.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Right because Superman goes around smashing the brains out of his
opponents, and trying his hardest to keep their brain matter bottled.
This would also suggest that Superman knew that the Sentry would
come back from such an attack. I'm betting that the same thing that
happened to Thor, would happen with Superman, and then it would be
Bob's turn.

I know a way Superman can not lose here. But I'm not sure if he would think of it. Do you guys want to know?

Note the part where I said I'm not sure if he would think of it.

Tony Stark
DSENTRY is a high abstract... Superman is a high herald

You tell me

iceman24567
Originally posted by Tony Stark
DSENTRY is a high abstract... Superman is a high herald

You tell me Oh please laughing

leonidas
^^ laughing

carver9
Fight won't last long. Sentry stomps.

riv6672
Well, yeah, but he wont win.

Reflassshh
Death Sentry wins.

riv6672
Nah.
He'll dominate for most of the fight with Superman getting the come from behind victory.

Reflassshh
How? DS will keep coming back.

riv6672
I'd guess whatever Superman does it will be brilliant.
He has the tools, if he chooses to use them.

JayDaDon
Well, atleast that wasn't vague.

riv6672
Not as detailed as "keeps on coming" i know, but i'm no Rhodes Scholar. stick out tongue

Still, i remember how (in universe) people were convinced the Elite were way too much for Supes. Until (in one case literally) he dissected them, by fighting smart and getting the win.
No one's going to convince me he cant beat Sentry. Not because Sentry is "too powerful".

Reflassshh
facepalm

RealityWarper
Sentry stomps.

He lowered his durability against Thor and Wasp to show that it is pointless to try to kill him.

DarkSaint85
DS wins.

Just like DeathStroke
DarkSeid
DarkSaint85.

Winners, all.

riv6672
Originally posted by Reflassshh
facepalm
Agree to disagree.

Also, its funny how, one of the few times i'd agree whole heartedly with the House of El, not one member's made an appearance, just so they could see i'm not an anti Superfan after all. laughing out loud

Reflassshh
Agree to disagree.

Also, its funny how, one of the few times i'd agree whole heartedly with the House of El, not one member's made an appearance, just so they could see i'm not an anti Superfan after all. laughing out loud I Facepalm'd at your comment about me being 'vague'.

From what we know about DSentry he can't be killed by Heralds such as Thor. And while I'm aware of Superman's power I just can't see him toying or one-shotting Thor like nothing.

We have yet to see what kind of power it takes in order to kill him for good.

riv6672
I was just pointing out to JayDaDon that neither of us was exactly being super detailed in our arguments. stick out tongue

Astner
Is Death Sentry stronger than Void Sentry? It was after all Void Sentry that killed Own Reece.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Astner
Is Death Sentry stronger than Void Sentry? It was after all Void Sentry that killed Own Reece.

Death Sentry is the most powerful version of Sentry/Void to date by far.

Say we place current Sentry as such.

1. Death Sentry (every other form would be like this).
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Then the next one would appear.

It was Robert not the Void that killed Owen (as we see during the battle white speech bubbles were used).

Void Sentry isn't up there as one of the strongest forms of Sentry in my opinion. Voidtry still had a piece of Robert holding him back. Much like we see the Sentry and the Void fighting for his life in the Sun it is like that but not in the same way.

I could give you a power level (or my opinion of one with regards to all versions of Robert) if you wanted.

Astner
It was Robert not the Void that killed Owen (as we see during the battle white speech bubbles were used).
Nice catch! Yeah, I was referring to the jet black eyes.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Astner
Nice catch! Yeah, I was referring to the jet black eyes.

Sometimes this does get people.

But it generally happens when he is enraged or put under pressure in any form (whatever way you apply it.)

Like here. While his eyes are not jet black. I think you can see the similarities in what I am speaking of. I mean I put a lot of it down to artistic impression (in some comics Sentry's S symbol was large on his belt and very thick)

But in some like the Ultron fight is was very small and also thin.

http://i.imgur.com/S56fbKk.jpg

And not to forget after he sent MM away Robert mentioned himself that he found out the way his powers worked.

http://i.imgur.com/JMUrKJq.jpg

And if that had been the Void in that fight Robert wouldn't have known (since technically he wouldn't have been there).

And that's why as we know that Death Sentry is uber powerful. He is stable and he is far more powerful due to not having Agoraphobia, he fully understands his power and is not afraid to use it.

tkitna

So Superman is capable of positioning pieces of a brain at the atomic level now? Can you please humor us by telling how he is able to do this? Should be good for a laugh.

krisblaze
And that's why as we know that Death Sentry is uber powerful. He is stable and he is far more powerful due to not having Agoraphobia, he fully understands his power and is not afraid to use it.
Death Sentry's powers seemed different from his molecular powers, he was more tk/tp oriented now.

I don't see how you can call him stable when he was clearly out of his mind.

riv6672
Nittier than squirrel scat.
Superman already has the advantage there, going into the fight.

Damborgson
The only reason mental instability was even an issue with sentry was because he'd go into panic mode at the thought of the void being let loose.

Now he can be as crazy as he wants.

riv6672
Yeah thats a positive.

One_Angry_Scot
Nah.
He'll dominate for most of the fight with Superman getting the come from behind victory.

He won't. Sentry could defeat Superman easily.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by krisblaze
Death Sentry's powers seemed different from his molecular powers, he was more tk/tp oriented now.

I don't see how you can call him stable when he was clearly out of his mind.

He used Molecular Manipulation during his time in UA.

He was cleansed of his Agoraphobia. So he isn't afraid of his powers no longer. He will release them at full capacity. That's what I mean by stable.

It was the Agoraphobia that held him back from his true power.

You can't deny that he is more stable now. Since he no longer has Agoraphobia which means he isn't scared.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Damborgson
The only reason mental instability was even an issue with sentry was because he'd go into panic mode at the thought of the void being let loose.

Now he can be as crazy as he wants.

Pretty much what was said here.

krisblaze
He used Molecular Manipulation during his time in UA.

He was cleansed of his Agoraphobia. So he isn't afraid of his powers no longer. He will release them at full capacity. That's what I mean by stable.

Did he?

Okay.

Because he's still clearly mad as a hatter.

riv6672
Sentry. Crazy stable.
Still not seeing a Superman loss.
No disrespect, Scot, i know he's your guy and i'm mot trying to rile you up.

One_Angry_Scot
Did he?

Okay.

Because he's still clearly mad as a hatter.

Yes.

When he created Sand Golems in UA #15. And perhaps when he stopped Thor's hammer. Although that can be debated.

Like I said he doesn't have his Agoraphobia so he is stable. Regardless of the fact that it was the Death Seed that was making him drive to the objective of making humans live and he would do nothing to stop it.

I still believe he is more stable. Although I can admit he is still acting erratically but that's for a certain reason.

krisblaze
Oh right the sand golems.

I don't see why that couldn't be telekinesis.

Makes no difference I suppose.

One_Angry_Scot
Sentry. Crazy stable.
Still not seeing a Superman loss.
No disrespect, Scot, i know he's your guy and i'm mot trying to rile you up.

Well my point is that everything that held him back was his Agoraphobia.

Stable means he has the Agoraphobia no more, he isn't held back no more.

He can still do batsh*t crazy stuff.

I'm happy for the argument that he is still doing crazy stuff but I'm not gonna back down on the he is not more stable point when we see in UA 10-11 he says himself he is

One_Angry_Scot
Oh right the sand golems.

I don't see why that couldn't be telekinesis.

Makes no difference I suppose.

Like I said to Riv I agree he is acting like you said a "mad hatter" but the fact that he has no Agoraphobia makes him stable as he isn't scared of the Void anymore. Or of releasing his power in its full.

So I support your argument if him still acting a bit crazy. I just don't think it plays onto his power level considering what's been said.

krisblaze
How is he more stable though?

He attacked Jan and Thor, and then helped slow the Celestial's descent.

Edit: I know that he's not agoraphobic anymore, but he was inflicted with the death seed...

One_Angry_Scot
How is he more stable though?

He attacked Jan and Thor, and then helped slow the Celestial's descent.

Edit: I know that he's not agoraphobic anymore, but he was inflicted with the death seed...

You would know of all the times the Agoraphobia affected him right?

(Don't mean that sentence rudely)

When he's shit scared of Jimmy Hammond "giving him power" when all he is doing his burning him. When he can't come out of his house during WWH. Because if he loses control for a millisecond bad things could happen.

The whole point of Sentry is that he was a man given godlike power. But a human psyche to cope with them. The Agoraphoabia was what made the Sentry who he is. And I could go on at far kore of a length.

So when we go into UA and we see the Sentry say that "I was cleansed of the Agoraphobic nightmare".

"I was burnt down countless times, reborn again and again until my curse was lifted"

Then we see all the feats he pulled. We know that he is stable. Stable meaning he isn't afraid of going "f**k it! I'm just gonna fly so fast I bend space and time then I'm gonna 2 shot Thor, and I need to hold back because I don't want to kill him"

So he is stable insofar as he isn't afraid of releasing his full power.

He attacked Thor and Janet because if you remember in UA 11 Sentry had a plan, Sentry's plan involved letting the mutants come off of Earth. Although Sentry wasn't told Exitar would come to destroy Earth afterwards. Otherwise he wouldn't have said "removing the mutants from Earth is the best hope for humanity".

By destroying the machine that anchored timelines Janet and Thor would be ruining Sentry's plan. Sentry only attacked either one of them because it was his plan that was at stake.

If you see in the Thor fight he says "he has completed his masters charge, in part"

Then it goes on to say how a new voice in his head is telling him to keep Thor alive. Which is presumably the Death Seed where it has taken place of the Void.

The Apoc twins had it all planned out.

One_Angry_Scot
Also apologies to Riv because I think I acted a bit rudely towards you there.

Ill PM you in a bit.

Reflassshh
Sentry is stable in the sense that he is in no danger of getting a panic attack due to agoraphobia again.

He's still crazy but he ain't scared anymore. At least that's my take on it.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Sentry is stable in the sense that he is in no danger of getting a panic attack due to agoraphobia again.

He's still crazy but he ain't scared anymore. At least that's my take on it.

Seems to resonate with what I am thinking. Remender mentioned him still having the Schizophrenia I believe.

I think you're right.

psycho gundam
Bumping for Superman's new power

celeyhyga17
He's late into the omni blast game. Old Sentry, Sun God, and Supergirl has him beat.

RealityWarper
Sentry has no more his mental issues as his new personae is free of all this.

Sentry wins easily.

psycho gundam
Wait..Sentry still has that death shit going on? Where's the legit Sentry vs Superman thread?

ODG
^ Last we saw Sentry, he was still a Horseman of Death.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=529327&pagenumber=113

quanchi112
Sentry caves his S chest in.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry caves his S chest in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.