Gamora vs Drax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Caps Conscience
Go

Caps Conscience
No takers. I'm going with drax.

Stoic
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
No takers. I'm going with drax.

And you would be wrong. Gamora would beat the crap out of Drax. ABC logic doesn't always work, but in this case it does. Drax would never be able to take it to Ronan the way Gamora was able to. Drax would likely lose to Ronan in his present incarnation/form. Gamora was able to hurt a much stronger version of Drax than he is now, and his infantile incarnation would beat the hell out of his current form. The conclusion, Drax isn't capable of keeping up with Gamora, and if it were up to Drax to stop Angela, he would have been horribly injured.

carver9
Even though Drax holds the physical advantage, Gamora wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Even though Drax holds the oh usual advantage, Gamora wins.

What advantage would that be? Gamora is the powerhouse of the GOTG.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
What advantage would that be? Gamora is the powerhouse of the GOTG.

I meant to say physical advantage. He holds the edge based off fts. The ONLY advantage she has is speed and skill.

Stoic
I meant to say physical advantage. He holds the edge based off fts. The ONLY advantage she has is speed and skill.

She's actually stronger, faster, smarter, and more skilled than he is. His only advantage is his imposed immortality, which is more to the tune of being resurrected in order to face off against Thanos. However since he's failed at this time after time, he may not be Thanos' hound any longer (have to see if they mention it again).

Gamora is his superior in just about every way. You have to read all of the GOTG's to see what I mean. She's the most dangerous of the group presently which includes Venom. Hopefully they get another powerhouse on the team. Rulk would have been a great choice, or Wonderman if they went that direction. Kitty Pryde may be the newest member since she is now in love with Quill.

Trust me, in his right mind Drax doesn't want any part of Gamora. It may have just been lip service, but when Quill and Drax thought that Gamora was super pissed over not telling her the full story about what happened to Rider, Quill said that she was probably going to kill them both. I'm a big GOTG fan big grin.

carver9
No way is she stronger than Drax. The guy just went fist cuff against Thanos, and held his own while creating an physical explosion that almost knocked Nova Prime off of his ft. Recently drew blood from Gladiator. This doesn't Include all of his other showings during his birth in his current form. The guy has class 100 fts. Gamora is like class 20 or something. He is above her physically, don't know how this can be debated against, but, her skill and speed gives her the win.

carver9
Gamora isn't doing this. Not happening.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827119/vs5.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827120/vs6.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19827122/vs7.jpg.html

Stoic
No way is she stronger than Drax. The guy just went fist cuff against Thanos, and held his own while creating an physical explosion that almost knocked Nova Prime off of his ft. Recently drew blood from Gladiator. This doesn't Include all of his other showings during his birth in his current form. The guy has class 100 fts. Gamora is like class 20 or something. He is above her physically, don't know how this can be debated against, but, her skill and speed gives her the win.

Drax has power over Thanos' genetic makeup this does not count. He isn't as strong as she is in his current form, but this can change once he is killed, and revived again. For now she's actually his superior, just look at how she over powered Ronan, and threw him at leat 80 meters away. Also; why do you think Thanos said he hated Drax so much? Drax is Kronos' meat puppet, or at least he was, the full story has yet to be revealed, but Drax may be relieved of being Thanos' hound soon.

Stoic
Gamora isn't doing this. Not happening.

Yeah that doesn't count, or Drax would not only be Gamora's superior in terms of brute strength, he would also be above Thor, and the Surfer. Drax is Thanos' kryptonite.

carver9
Yeah that doesn't count, or Drax would not only be Gamora's superior in terms of brute strength, he would also be above Thor, and the Surfer. Drax is Thanos' kryptonite.

Not in the kind of fashion you are talking about. Drax going fist cuff against Thanos is legit. He doesn't weaken Thanos, at all unless someone has proof of this. You do know Thanos has defeated Drax in a physical fight before, right?

carver9
Drax has power over Thanos' genetic makeup this does not count. He isn't as strong as she is in his current form, but this can change once he is killed, and revived again. For now she's actually his superior, just look at how she over powered Ronan, and threw him at leat 80 meters away. Also; why do you think Thanos said he hated Drax so much? Drax is Kronos' meat puppet, or at least he was, the full story has yet to be revealed, but Drax may be relieved of being Thanos' hound soon.

What are you basing Gamora being as strong as Drax off of?

Also, Drax doesn't weaken Thanos.

Stoic
What are you basing Gamora being as strong as Drax off of?

Also, Drax doesn't weaken Thanos.

Gamora over powered Ronan, and it was evident. What do you mean that Drax doesn't weaken Thanos? I know that his mindset is changing to the point that Thanos is no longer the reason for his existence, but is there any proof that his body no longer weakens Thanos? Like I said, if we go by the scans that you presented, Drax would be above Thor, and the Surfer. Neither of them would be able to push Thanos like that. Thanos broke the Surfer with 5-6 punches. Do you believe that Drax could do the same?

Stoic
Thanos broke Beta Ray Bill, a being capable of remaining awake after driving another character through a planet, and then that planet exploding. Do you think that Drax could beat Bill up like that? As far as I know Drax still weakens Thanos. It's his mind that is slowly changing.

carver9
Gamora over powered Ronan, and it was evident. What do you mean that Drax doesn't weaken Thanos? I know that his mindset is changing to the point that Thanos is no longer the reason for his existence, but is there any proof that his body no longer weakens Thanos? Like I said, if we go by the scans that you presented, Drax would be above Thor, and the Surfer. Neither of them would be able to push Thanos like that. Thanos broke the Surfer with 5-6 punches. Do you believe that Drax could do the same?

She didn't over power Ronan. She defeated him. Over power Is when you have a physical advantage...she never had this. She used her speed advantaged skill during that fight.

Can someone show me where It was mentioned that Drax physically weakens Thanos?

carver9
Thanos broke Beta Ray Bill, a being capable of remaining awake after driving another character through a planet, and then that planet exploding. Do you think that Drax could beat Bill up like that? As far as I know Drax still weakens Thanos. It's his mind that is slowly changing.

Drax held his own. He also drew blood from Gladiator...and Gamora will not do the same. Drax is one of the physical power house of the team.

Stoic
She didn't over power Ronan. She defeated him. Over power Is when you have a physical advantage...she never had this. She used her speed advantaged skill during that fight.

Can someone show me where It was mentioned that Drax physically weakens Thanos? \

She grabbed him and threw him away, she then jumped on him while he was still trying to get it together. It takes power to do that. Amadeus Cho hit the Hulk in what was supposed to be a weak spot with a lead pipe, and the Hulk asked him what he was trying to do. It still takes a degree of strength because without PIS Karnak isn't Kayoing the Hulk with skill alone.

Still you didn't answer my questions. If Drax was not weakening Thanos, this would mean that he would beat the hell out of Beta Ray Bill, and it would also apply to Thor, and the Surfer, but we turn around, and see that he was unable to harm Gladiator in their recent battle. What should I believe? Should I believe that Thanos was hurt by a guy that could not hurt Gladiator with his best punch, but can hurt Thanos after knowing that Thanos was taking shots from Thor with the Power Gem, beat Beta Ray Bill like a 1st class wimp, and put the Surfer into a coma with less than 7 punches... What should I believe?

Stoic

Can someone show me where It was mentioned that Drax physically weakens Thanos?

Kronos gave Drax power over Thanos. He physically weakens him. This has always been the reason why Drax could do so well against Thanos. It's like Superman vs The Kryptonite Man, or Hulk vs Rulk. Not sure about the Hulk/Rulk latest fight.

celeyhyga17
I think Drax > Gams in the physical department.

Gams probably more skilled and has a healing factor.

carver9
Kronos gave Drax power over Thanos. He physically weakens him. This has always been the reason why Drax could do so well against Thanos. It's like Superman vs The Kryptonite Man, or Hulk vs Rulk. Not sure about the Hulk/Rulk latest fight.

I know what Krono did. He gave Drax the power to kill Thanos. I want to see proof that Drax presence weakens Thanos.

h1a8
Drax has power over Thanos' genetic makeup this does not count. He isn't as strong as she is in his current form, but this can change once he is killed, and revived again. For now she's actually his superior, just look at how she over powered Ronan, and threw him at leat 80 meters away. Also; why do you think Thanos said he hated Drax so much? Drax is Kronos' meat puppet, or at least he was, the full story has yet to be revealed, but Drax may be relieved of being Thanos' hound soon. No where in comics does it state that Thanos is weak to Drax because of his genetic makeup (like kryptonite). In his conception, they had Drax destroying planets and ripping cores out of stars as to show why he can possibly beat Thanos (because of his power levels were sufficient). This was the writer's intentions. Drax ripped Thanos heart out because he had the power and strength to, not because he somehow weakens Thanos when he is in his vicinity.

Anyway Drax wins this. Gamora is more skilled but Drax is significantly stronger and will land a counter or crumple eventually.

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I think Drax > Gams in the physical department.

Gams probably more skilled and has a healing factor.

Where are you getting this from? Just curious? I hope it's not his fight with Thanos? Drax weakens Thanos which is a known fact. Those scans that Carver placed up have context to them. It was Drax's best and only good showing to date in this particular form.

carver9
\

She grabbed him and threw him away, she then jumped on him while he was still trying to get it together. It takes power to do that. Amadeus Cho hit the Hulk in what was supposed to be a weak spot with a lead pipe, and the Hulk asked him what he was trying to do. It still takes a degree of strength because without PIS Karnak isn't Kayoing the Hulk with skill alone.

Still you didn't answer my questions. If Drax was not weakening Thanos, this would mean that he would beat the hell out of Beta Ray Bill, and it would also apply to Thor, and the Surfer, but we turn around, and see that he was unable to harm Gladiator in their recent battle. What should I believe? Should I believe that Thanos was hurt by a guy that could not hurt Gladiator with his best punch, but can hurt Thanos after knowing that Thanos was taking shots from Thor with the Power Gem, beat Beta Ray Bill like a 1st class wimp, and put the Surfer into a coma with less than 7 punches... What should I believe?

Wait, how strong do you think ronan is? Also, her tossing Ronan isn't overpowering him. Spiderman has tossed an amped Hulk. Doesn't mean they are similar in power. Cap on panel has admitted he stands no chance against Hulk but seconds later, toss him out of the door. That's skill.

Drax did hurt Glads though and you naming all of Thanos high ends doesn't mean Drax can't hurt him. In the character ownage thread, didn't you say we should look at average instead of focusing on high showings?

Insane Titan
Giffen who wrote Drax killing Thanos in Annihilation even said Drax's presance negated Thanos power/made him weaker.

Stoic
I know what Krono did. He gave Drax the power to kill Thanos. I want to see proof that Drax presence weakens Thanos.

Okay if Kronos gave Drax the power to kill Thanos, but then we turn around and see that Thor, or the Surfer, even Nova Prime could beat the life out of Drax what does this mean? Thanos beat the crap out of Beta Ray Bill, but then is challeneged by Drax who got trashed by Nova Prime. The She Hulk was beating the crap out a more powerful Drax than the present Drax. What would you call this?

Originally posted by h1a8
No where in comics does it state that Thanos is weak to Drax because of his genetic makeup (like kryptonite). In his conception, they had Drax destroying planets and ripping cores out of stars as to show why he can possibly beat Thanos (because of his power levels were sufficient). This was the writer's intentions. Drax ripped Thanos heart out because he had the power and strength to, not because he somehow weakens Thanos when he is in his vicinity.

Anyway Drax wins this. Gamora is more skilled but Drax is significantly stronger and will land a counter or crumple eventually.

You're lost in a dream.

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Giffen who wrote Drax killing Thanos in Annihilation even said Drax's presance negated Thanos power/made him weaker.

Thank you. Finally someone who knows the deal.

Insane Titan
Thank you. Finally someone who knows the deal. tbh I don't why you're explaining to the 2 trolls.

In that very comic it shows Drax starting to glow and develop some sort of claws to easily tear through Thanos sheilds, he got through them easier than champ did with the power gem

Stoic
Wait, how strong do you think ronan is? Also, her tossing Ronan isn't overpowering him. Spiderman has tossed an amped Hulk. Doesn't mean they are similar in power. Cap on panel has admitted he stands no chance against Hulk but seconds later, toss him out of the door. That's skill.

Drax did hurt Glads though and you naming all of Thanos high ends doesn't mean Drax can't hurt him. In the character ownage thread, didn't you say we should look at average instead of focusing on high showings?

What is Thanos' averages though? Tanking a star blowing up in his face? surviving a super black hole? Taking hits to the face by Power Gem Thor? Beating the hell out of Beta Ray Bill? Crushing the Surfer with less than 7 punches? Taking hell from Odin? Taking hell from Tyrant? One shot slapping the mess out of Captain Mar-Vell, mocking Lord Mar-Vell? Which one?

Stoic
tbh I don't why you're explaining to the 2 trolls.

In that very comic it shows Drax starting to glow and develop some sort of claws to easily tear through Thanos sheilds, he got through them easier than champ did with the power gem

You mean when his hands begin glowing, and he punches through flesh capable of taking hits from Odin right? It's odd how this type of thing can be missed.

carver9
Okay if Kronos gave Drax the power to kill Thanos, but then we turn around and see that Thor, or the Surfer, even Nova Prime could beat the life out of Drax what does this mean? Thanos beat the crap out of Beta Ray Bill, but then is challeneged by Drax who got trashed by Nova Prime. The She Hulk was beating the crap out a more powerful Drax than the present Drax. What would you call this?

You're lost in a dream.

I don't think Thanos no sell powerful attacks, at all and I'm not ignoring on panel proof either. I know of Thanos fts...he Is powerful, the bread and butter of trans tiers but he has been affect by Herald level attacks just like every other trans tier has.

Stoic
I don't think Thanos no sell powerful attacks, at all and I'm not ignoring on panel proof either. I know of Thanos fts...he Is powerful, the bread and butter of trans tiers but he has been affect by Herald level attacks just like every other trans tier has.

Yes but Drax is a special class of threat to Thanos, and Thanos alone. Wolverine has hurt Gladiator, but he wouldn't be able to win even one. Drax would never beat the Surfer, Thor, or even Nova Prime as was seen when Richard pretty much beat him uncontested. If we take Drax's showings against Thanos at face value, he would beat the Surfer, Thor, and Beta Ray Bill convincingly. He weakens Thanos. This was seen in Annihilation like Insane Titan mentioned. Thanos did say that he was in a weakened condition, but you can still see the aura that Drax was giving off, which weakened Thanos to the point that he tore through his body like tissue paper. Just think about it. Thanos was not in a weakened state in those scans that you presented. He even goes on to defeat the Cancerverse Avengers which included Lord Mar-Vell. Lord Mar-Vell was able to over power the Surfer, Nova, and Quasar, while Thanos toyed with him.

If this isn't enough to convince you. When Thanos was not weakened he took on Tyrant, Odin, and like I said Power Gem Thor. Drax on the other hand was being over powered by She Hulk, and he was more powerful in that body than he is now. He had flight, and power blasts. I admit that there are some inconsistencies to Drax's past. He was able to destroy a star, but was getting beaten by She Hulk, but even then he wasn't quite as powerful as Thor. Now he's even less so.

This really depends on how you want to see things, but hopefully you will make odds or ends of his actual power levels presently. He's probably a class 50, with the ability to affect Thanos like no other, due to the power that Kronos gave him over Thanos. I'm about to check out the Gamora/Angela battle, but from what I recall, Drax was pretty much useless in that fight.

carver9
I know of Thanos fts but again, I also know of r he things that has affected him. Why are you bringing up Drax showings like he is weak? The same Drax that fought Thanos early on clashed is to Thanos arena wrecked an entire planet. This same Drax ripped the core of a Star out. During that time, he was an elite physically. Then you are getting your Drax mixed up. The one that fought She Hulk was Smart Drax.

Like no other? Nova Prime attacks was affecting thanos as well. Hell, he stunned Thanos with a blast in the same issue.

Stoic
I know of Thanos fts but again, I also know of r he things that has affected him. Why are you bringing up Drax showings like he is weak? The same Drax that fought Thanos early on clashed is to Thanos arena wrecked an entire planet. This same Drax ripped the core of a Star out. During that time, he was an elite physically. Then you are getting your Drax mixed up. The one that fought She Hulk was Smart Drax.

Like no other? Nova Prime attacks was affecting thanos as well. Hell, he stunned Thanos with a blast in the same issue.

1. When Drax was in the Cancerverse he could not fly, and did not have power blasts. This was the same Drax that fought in the Annihilation, who was also less powerful than he was in his first incarnation. This version of Drax is the weakest Destroyer ever. The artist got their themes wrong, and may have wanted to go with the old look. However chronologically speaking, that Drax that fought Thanos in the Cancerverse was the very same incarnation as the one from Annihilation.

2. I do not think that Drax is weak, but he isn't an elite in terms of strength. He was unable to KO Angela with a sneak attack, and she made him pay for it when he approached her while she was playing possum. She kicked him in the face, and elbowed him. An elite would have KO'd Angela with a sneak attack.

3. Drax was toyed with by Nova Prime. Richard was powerful, but not on the Surfer, Bill, or Thor's level of powerful.

4. Thanos had just been loosened up by several blasts from a Cosmic Cube unit. At that point anything could have hurt him.

5. It was pretty clear to me that Gamora had the upper hand when she fought Ronan. Ronan is the same guy that went toe to toe with a full powered Ravenous. Ravenous at that time was able to contend with the Surfer.

6. Back to the part that you think that I am saying that Drax is weak. I am not, he's roughly a class 50 these days, with the ability to damage Thanos like no other can, due to the power that Kronos gave him over Thanos. Like I said, Thanos was hit by a CCU, and was naturally hurt by it. Nova Prime blasted Thanos while he was not under optimal status. Or should I believe that Richard can blast with more power than the Surfer?

Sin I AM
No where in comics does it state that Thanos is weak to Drax because of his genetic makeup (like kryptonite). In his conception, they had Drax destroying planets and ripping cores out of stars as to show why he can possibly beat Thanos (because of his power levels were sufficient). This was the writer's intentions. Drax ripped Thanos heart out because he had the power and strength to, not because he somehow weakens Thanos when he is in his vicinity.

Lmao no. Reread annihilation.

Insane Titan
1. When Drax was in the Cancerverse he could not fly, and did not have power blasts. This was the same Drax that fought in the Annihilation, who was also less powerful than he was in his first incarnation. This version of Drax is the weakest Destroyer ever. The artist got their themes wrong, and may have wanted to go with the old look. However chronologically speaking, that Drax that fought Thanos in the Cancerverse was the very same incarnation as the one from Annihilation.

2. I do not think that Drax is weak, but he isn't an elite in terms of strength. He was unable to KO Angela with a sneak attack, and she made him pay for it when he approached her while she was playing possum. She kicked him in the face, and elbowed him. An elite would have KO'd Angela with a sneak attack.

3. Drax was toyed with by Nova Prime. Richard was powerful, but not on the Surfer, Bill, or Thor's level of powerful.

4. Thanos had just been loosened up by several blasts from a Cosmic Cube unit. At that point anything could have hurt him.

5. It was pretty clear to me that Gamora had the upper hand when she Ronan. Ronan is the same guy that went toe to toe with a full powered Ravenous. Ravenous at that time was able to contend with the Surfer.

6. Back to the part that you think that I am saying that Drax is weak. I am not, he's roughly a class 50 these days, with the ability to damage Thanos like no other can, due to the power that Kronos gave him over Thanos. Like I said, Thanos was hit by a CCU, and was naturally hurt by it. Nova Prime blasted Thanos while he was not under optimal status. Or should I believe that Richard can blast with more power than the Surfer? just to point out on carvers bullshit , Novas blast had no effect untill after he was blasted by the cosmic cube.

Before the blast off the cube Thanos blocked Novas blast with one hand.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lmao no. Reread annihilation.

Yep.

just to point out on carvers bullshit , Novas blast had no effect untill after he was blasted by the cosmic cube.

Before the blast off the cube Thanos blocked Novas blast with one hand.

Yeah I know. Thanos is a guy that can smile as the Surfer blasts him at full power. He honestly looked like he was taking a shower. I tell ya, something's up with that Drax guy, and we both know what it is LOL.

carver9
Wait a minute. Someone show me where Thanos got blasted by the cube before Nova blasted him.

Here you go.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827108_vs1.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827109_vs2.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827112_vs3.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827116_vs4.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827119_vs5.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827120_vs6.jpg

Continued

carver9
http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827122_vs7.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827125_vs8.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827128_vs9.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827130_vs10.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827133_vs11.jpghttp://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19827134_vs12.jpg

Where?

Insane Titan
My god you can't even read or understand what's been said , the second scan Thanos blocks Novas blast with one hand, which is before starlord blasts him with the cube

h1a8
Giffen who wrote Drax killing Thanos in Annihilation even said Drax's presance negated Thanos power/made him weaker. I would like to see that as proof. Cause the comic doesn't state that. My problem is why show Drax destroying planets and demonstrating his power to fight Thanos but he's nothing but kryptonite? Kryptonite doesn't have to be as powerful.

Insane Titan
I would like to see that as proof. Cause the comic doesn't state that. My problem is why show Drax destroying planets and demonstrating his power to fight Thanos but he's nothing but kryptonite? Kryptonite doesn't have to be as powerful. you're too stupid to understand.

Drax dies at the beginning of Annihilation and undergoes several incarnation transformations.

Which is all made pretty clear by Drax radiating green energy and developing claws to tear through Thanos own self created personal sheilds

h1a8
you're too stupid to understand.

Drax dies at the beginning of Annihilation and undergoes several incarnation transformations.

Which is all made pretty clear by Drax radiating green energy and developing claws to tear through Thanos own self created personal sheilds I'll reread it. I never saw where they explained that his presense makes Thanos weaker. He could just have the ability to adapt or amp for all we know.

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Insane Titan
I'll reread it. I never saw where they explained that his presense makes Thanos weaker. He could just have the ability to adapt or amp for all we know. to RE READ something you would have had to read it in the first place.

h1a8
to RE READ something you would have had to read it in the first place. I have, a while ago. Like I said, I don't remember it stating to weaken Thanos. I'll reread it just in case I missed context clues.

Insane Titan
I have, a while ago. Like I said, I don't remember it stating to weaken Thanos. I'll reread it just in case I missed context clues. see you didn't even read my first post properly , I said it was the writer Keith Giffen who made the statement in a interview.

Then it was shown in the prelude comic to Infinty revelations that Thanos was in a weak state when Drax kills him. This happens when a Thanos avatar is speaking with a Thanos from the past.

thingy150
Depends on the version but drax has always been stronger then gamora, he has done much more to prove this in the way of feats.

I see stoic has not given up on arguing without proof......

Stoic
Originally posted by thingy150
Depends on the version but drax has always been stronger then gamora, he has done much more to prove this in the way of feats.

I see stoic has not given up on arguing without proof......

I see that you haven't a clue like always, and I can't wait for your next ban to hit you in the face.

thingy150
I see that you haven't a clue like always, and I can't wait for your next ban to hit you in the face.

You would be salty considering every exchange we have ever had has lead to you never proving your claims and inevitably running away like a bullied child in a schoolyard.

Stoic
You would be salty considering every exchange we have ever had has lead to you never proving your claims and inevitably running away like a bullied child in a schoolyard.

I actually have proven everything that I wrote. It's really not up to me to show you the comics that my points come from. You've either read them, or you haven't. Also you've been reported twice already for attempting to start a flame war. Keep it up, it just adds to whatever else people will report on you. It won't be long before you've embarrassed yourself once again.

thingy150
I actually have proven everything that I wrote. It's really not up to me to show you the comics that my points come from. You've either read them, or you haven't. Also you've been reported twice already for attempting to start a flame war. Keep it up, it just adds to whatever else people will report on you. It won't be long before you've embarrassed yourself once again.

Lol, looks like I have been unjustly reported by the all mighty stoic. Seems that I struck a nerve.

Not once have you used scans in this argument that gamora is stronger then drax and the only thing you have is that she tossed ronan, drax can fight evenly with thanos.

You have said multiple times that it is because he is his "kryptonite" but that is untrue, he was made to destroy him but the only time he was like his kryptonite was when he ripped thanos heart out. The rest of the times drax has fought thanos he has just been near that strength level. Drax was made to be on thanos's level, he was not made as kryptonite and only one time was he anywhere near "kryptonite".

Gamora does not have the feats to put her on his strength level, she may be better in other areas but strength is not even close to one.

thingy150
My second comment may have been worthy of a report but it was a retort to you trying to low blow. The first comment was factual considering you have not provided any scans.

Your excuse seems to be that you have read the comics but this is clearly not the case because you are dead wrong.

krisblaze
Drax' unique ability to counter Thanos hasn't lingered since Annihilation. This should be common knowledge by now.

I don't see how anyone would try to write off Drax punching Thanos in the face as him being Thanos' "Kryptonite". Is Groot also Thanos' Kryptonite then?

With the exception of Drax pulling out Thanos' heart and pulling apart his forcefield, his feats against Thanos have all been legit and within the reasonable capabilities of someone who's around class 80-100.

thingy150
Originally posted by krisblaze
Drax' unique ability to counter Thanos hasn't lingered since Annihilation. This should be common knowledge by now.

I don't see how anyone would try to write off Drax punching Thanos in the face as him being Thanos' "Kryptonite". Is Groot also Thanos' Kryptonite then?

With the exception of Drax pulling out Thanos' heart and pulling apart his forcefield, his feats against Thanos have all been legit and within the reasonable capabilities of someone who's around class 80-100.

Exactly what I am saying, stoic must have read annihilation and assume that this is the case with all of drax and thanos's battles.....

thingy150
Also stoic, if you are going to report me then just report me, you do not however try and argue with me also, it cancels out the reporting.

Technically you started a flame war.

lets just shake hands and admit that you have not proven gamora to be stronger.

(the ending of the shake hands thing was in fact a joke)

Stoic

No Drax was never on Thanos' level. Are you kidding me? This would mean that Drax would be able to kick the crap out of Thor. Perhaps before making these statements you should go back and look at Thanos' battle with the Surfer, Power Gem Thor, Odin, and Tyrant. Then go back an see Drax's battles with Nova Prime when he is easily dealt with. Once you are done with that look at how easily Thanos took apart Beta Ray Bill, and was able to take hits to the face by Thor with the Power gem, and how he recently took a hit to the head from Thor when the Avengers faced off against the Cabal. Are you going to tell me that Drax can do any of that? When he fights Thanos, Drax does better than he does against anyone else. Drax was unable to KO Angela with a sneak attack,, and you think that he is a class 80-100? Angela wasn't even expecting to be hit by Drax. Agreeing with Thingy is probably the worst thing that you could do at this point. The kid only knows how to incite flame wars, and only entered the thread for that purpose.

krisblaze
Stoic, huge misunderstanding on your behalf here mate.

Nowhere in my post does it say that Drax is Thanos' equal.

I said that it's entirely within the realm of possibility for Drax to be able to punch Thanos without being his Kryptonite, and then I pointed out that Groot had done the same.

Saying that it's possible for Drax to punch Thanos does not in any way imply that he is Thanos' equal or superior, but that he's strong enough to punch him.

thingy150
No Drax was never on Thanos' level. Are you kidding me? This would mean that Drax would be able to kick the crap out of Thor. Perhaps before making these statements you should go back and look at Thanos' battle with the Surfer, Power Gem Thor, Odin, and Tyrant. Then go back an see Drax's battles with Nova Prime when he is easily dealt with. Once you are done with that look at how easily Thanos took apart Beta Ray Bill, and was able to take hits to the face by Thor with the Power gem, and how he recently took a hit to the head from Thor when the Avengers faced off against the Cabal. Are you going to tell me that Drax can do any of that? When he fights Thanos, Drax does better than he does against anyone else. Drax was unable to KO Angela with a sneak attack,, and you think that he is a class 80-100? Angela wasn't even expecting to be hit by Drax. Agreeing with Thingy is probably the worst thing that you could do at this point. The kid only knows how to incite flame wars, and only entered the thread for that purpose.

First of all like he said, you completely misunderstood his comment. This comment does nothing to prove your stance on gamora being stronger then drax when she has never been shown to be. Your lack of logic and lack of proof at this point is utterly hilarious. Drax has held his own against thanos and you denying this will not stop that. A total of one time drax had an advantage due to possessing a power up he cannot and never did recreate. All of the time drax has fought thanos it has been purely off of his physical power not due to him being thanos's "kryptonite" only with the exception to annihilation.

I made a accurate comment about you not proving gamora to be stronger and you still have not, you do this and continue to do this every thread where you claim wrong things and never prove them.

Takes two people to flame war and you do this quite often, the tone of this comment directed at krisblaze proves so. You f*cked with me for being banned so I came up with a retort after this you got butthurt and reported me. You cannot try and argue and report someone, that is simply stupid, choose one or the other, you cant report and do the same thing you're reporting about.

Stoic
Stoic, huge misunderstanding on your behalf here mate.

Nowhere in my post does it say that Drax is Thanos' equal.

I said that it's entirely within the realm of possibility for Drax to be able to punch Thanos without being his Kryptonite, and then I pointed out that Groot had done the same.

Saying that it's possible for Drax to punch Thanos does not in any way imply that he is Thanos' equal or superior, but that he's strong enough to punch him.

Groot hit a weakened Thanos that just woke up, It was different in the scans that Carver presented. A class 80-100 would not rock Thanos like he did if he weren't biologically engineered to hurt Thanos. Look at the hit that Thanos took to the face from Power gem Thor, or when Thanos took hits from Odin. Thanos took apart Beta Ray Bill. Bill has gone through hell and remained conscious (look at the Storm Breaker mini for example). When Drax hit Thanos when they were in the Cancerverse, Thanos was no longer in a weakened state. Being blasted several times by the CCU proves this without a doubt, and if that's not enough, he goes on to defeat the Cancerverse Avengers alone, and Lord Mar-Vell was also defeated. With the heat that Drax gave Thanos when they were in the Cancerverse, we would have to conclude that he hits harder than Thor with the Power gem, because he was reeling from Drax's assault.

So what makes sence to you? We see that Drax ripped through shields that have withstood Galactus' assault, and Omega's assault, but Drax rips through them like they did not exist? But on the other hand Richard Rider was able to defeat Drax uncontested. You tell me what makes sense here when Drax was empowered by Mentor, and Kronos to defeat their son/grandson Thanos. Just let me know what makes sense to you.

thingy150
Stoics comments are so unintentionally comical, Drax was made engineered to hurt thanos, which is why he is such a powerful being. Read some classic drax. Not once has it been stated that drax has any effect on thanos that he would not have on any other being of thanos's power level. The only time was during annihilation.....

I love how vigorously you argue a wrong point, makes me laugh.

Also, how do shields have to do with thanos? Just because the shields are on thanos does not mean they are thanos so drax should not have any special effect on them other then what he could do in any other situation.

Stoic
First of all like he said, you completely misunderstood his comment. This comment does nothing to prove your stance on gamora being stronger then drax when she has never been shown to be. Your lack of logic and lack of proof at this point is utterly hilarious. Drax has held his own against thanos and you denying this will not stop that. A total of one time drax had an advantage due to possessing a power up he cannot and never did recreate. All of the time drax has fought thanos it has been purely off of his physical power not due to him being thanos's "kryptonite" only with the exception to annihilation.

I made a accurate comment about you not proving gamora to be stronger and you still have not, you do this and continue to do this every thread where you claim wrong things and never prove them.

Takes two people to flame war and you do this quite often, the tone of this comment directed at krisblaze proves so. You f*cked with me for being banned so I came up with a retort after this you got butthurt and reported me. You cannot try and argue and report someone, that is simply stupid, choose one or the other, you cant report and do the same thing you're reporting about.

I really dislike you, and I can't wait until you are banned again. That is my sincere thoughts about you. Actually just stop replying to me, and consider yourself on ignore. I won't be the only person to report you either. You can bet on that.

thingy150
I really dislike you, and I can't wait until you are banned again. That is my sincere thoughts about you. Actually just stop replying to me, and consider yourself on ignore. I won't be the only person to report you either. You can bet on that.

Very easy way to not have to reply to my counter argument.

krisblaze
Groot hit a weakened Thanos that just woke up, It was different in the scans that Carver presented. A class 80-100 would not rock Thanos like he did if he weren't biologically engineered to hurt Thanos. Look at the hit that Thanos took to the face from Power gem Thor, or when Thanos took hits from Odin. Thanos took apart Beta Ray Bill. Bill has gone through hell and remained conscious (look at the Storm Breaker mini for example). When Drax hit Thanos when they were in the Cancerverse, Thanos was no longer in a weakened state. Being blasted several times by the CCU proves this without a doubt, and if that's not enough, he goes on to defeat the Cancerverse Avengers alone, and Lord Mar-Vell was also defeated. With the heat that Drax gave Thanos when they were in the Cancerverse, we would have to conclude that he hits harder than Thor with the Power gem, because he was reeling from Drax's assault.

So what makes since to you? We see that Drax ripped through shields that have withstood Galactus' assault, and Omega's assault, but Drax rips through them like they did not exist? But on the other hand Richard Rider was able to defeat Drax uncontested. You tell me what makes sense here when Drax was empowered by Mentor, and Kronos to defeat their son/grandson Thanos. Just let me know what makes sense to you.

This is just ABC logic run rampant and there are a lot of things you're leaving out.

You're leaving out all the other incidents where Thanos has been punched by people in similar categories.

You're leaving out that it was an injured CC that we have no way of gauging.

You're also ignoring the circumstances surrounding Thanos' fight with say PG Thor, where Thanos was more or less prepared and had his suit/personal forcefield. There's also the fact that Drax more or less punched Thanos when he wasn't ready.

You're also trying to compare Starlin's sad treatment of other characters with the treatment they receive in their own comics. So you're essentially saying that when Thanos beat BRB that was a high showing for Thanos and not a low showing for BRB, whereas Drax hitting Thanos is a low showing for Thanos and not a high one for Drax.

Furthermore you're reading faaaar too much into Thanos' expression and the way he reacted when being punched. Which means that you're not only ignoring the power-level inconsistency between writers, but you also ignore the inconsistent art. In many cases you'll see characters dying without spilling a drop or blood or cutting a sour face, but in other cases you'll see exagerrated reactions to very minor injuries. You shouldn't read more into it than the fact that Thanos was affected. Trying to use the lines on his face to judge the extent to which it affected him just clutters up the debate. This is equally ridiculous when you consider that Thanos barely made a grimace the 2-3 times that he was killed.

You also make the assumption that post-resurrection Thanos is as durable as pre-annhi Thanos and a lot of other stuff. Following your line of logic nothing short of Odin going all out would ever affect Thanos. This isn't consistent with Thanos' showings prior to or after said fight.

You yourself post the long list of characters Thanos fought and yet you feel that he was at full power when he fought GOTG? Seems unlikely smile

thingy150
Almost positive stoic is arguing so much about thanos because he has no clue as to how he will prove gamora is drax's strength level smile

Stoic
This is just ABC logic run rampant and there are a lot of things you're leaving out.

You're leaving out all the other incidents where Thanos has been punched by people in similar categories.

You're leaving out that it was an injured CC that we have no way of gauging.

You're also ignoring the circumstances surrounding Thanos' fight with say PG Thor, where Thanos was more or less prepared and had his suit/personal forcefield. There's also the fact that Drax more or less punched Thanos when he wasn't ready.

You're also trying to compare Starlin's sad treatment of other characters with the treatment they receive in their own comics. So you're essentially saying that when Thanos beat BRB that was a high showing for Thanos and not a low showing for BRB, whereas Drax hitting Thanos is a low showing for Thanos and not a high one for Drax.

Furthermore you're reading faaaar too much into Thanos' expression and the way he reacted when being punched. Which means that you're not only ignoring the power-level inconsistency between writers, but you also ignore the inconsistent art. In many cases you'll see characters dying without spilling a drop or blood or cutting a sour face, but in other cases you'll see exagerrated reactions to very minor injuries. You shouldn't read more into it than the fact that Thanos was affected. Trying to use the lines on his face to judge the extent to which it affected him just clutters up the debate. This is equally ridiculous when you consider that Thanos barely made a grimace the 2-3 times that he was killed.

You also make the assumption that post-resurrection Thanos is as durable as pre-annhi Thanos and a lot of other stuff. Following your line of logic nothing short of Odin going all out would ever affect Thanos. This isn't consistent with Thanos' showings prior to or after said fight.

You yourself post the long list of characters Thanos fought and yet you feel that he was at full power when he fought GOTG? Seems unlikely smile

1. Thanos took hits from Tyrant and Odin. Who wrote that? Was it Starlin? Odin one shot KO'd the Surfer, but was unable to put Thanos down. Who wrote that story again? Was it Starlin?

2. Thanos took an assault from Galactus. Galactus is well above Drax. was that a high showing for Thanos or a low showing for Galactus? Thanos took on Tyrant. Tyrant was playing with herald level characters that would put Drax out in seconds. Nova Prime is well below the Surfer, and Gladiator would also beat him, but we see him beat Drax with ease. If Drax was as powerful as you are pretending that he is, he wouldn't have been taken out by Nova Prime.

3. It really isn't ABC logic when you consider that Thor recently hit Thanos in the head with Mjolnir, and it didn't even stun him. This is when the Avengers fought the Cabal. Did you miss that part? Was Thor jobbing there? Evidence would suggest not when you take all of Thanos' showings against others into consideration.

4. The CCu was more powerful than first thought or it would have been out of power after the first shot that Thanos took. We see that Thanos took more than two shots from it. I really hope that you aren't claiming that the CCU hits with less force than a Herald. When Thanos took a full blast to the face from Surfer, and smiled it off just before putting him into a coma.

5. If Drax was as strong as you say he is, he should have KO'd Angela when he launched his sneak attack against her. He hit here solidly in the face, and this did not keep her down. This is a another clear sign that he is not as strong as you think that he is. On the other hand, Gamora was hurting the infantile version of Drax, who was vastly more powerful than he is in his current state. The She Hulk was overpowering Drax in his original form, who was also more powerful than he is today, and that story is canon. I am referring to when the Avengers fought against the undead heroes, and She Hulk was over powering Drax. Drax in those days was given a handbook entry of class 50, and like I said, he was more powerful then than he is today.

thingy150
^^everyone ignore the overly long redundant post above because it has nothing to do with this thread and it does not further stoics original argument that gamora is stronger then drax.

krisblaze
1. Thanos took hits from Tyrant and Odin. Who wrote that? Was it Starlin? Odin one shot KO'd the Surfer, but was unable to put Thanos down. Who wrote that story again? Was it Starlin?

1 - These are mutually exclusive? No, they are not. It's entirely possible to take hits from Odin and Tyrant and be affected by hits from Drax. You could say the same about Thor taking hits from Celestials and Galactys, yet being affected by Sif or Volstagg.

2 - Unable to put down Thanos? I recall Thanos being on his knees at one point.

3 - This is not related to other characters being weaker under Starlin.

2. Thanos took an assault from Galactus. Galactus is well above Drax. was that a high showing for Thanos or a low showing for Galactus? Thanos took on Tyrant. Tyrant was playing with herald level characters that would put Drax out in seconds. Nova Prime is well below the Surfer, and Gladiator would also beat him, but we see him beat Drax with ease. If Drax was as powerful as you are pretending that he is, he wouldn't have been taken out by Nova Prime.

1 - Galactus is well above Drax. That's probably why Galactus' one attack did more than the combined attack of Drax and the other GOTG.

2 - Thanos also knew that Galactus was going to attack him and prepared his forcefields. He didn't prepare those forcefields against Drax and GOTG.

3 - Tyrant was beating the heralds, but he was not playing with them. They were also being weakened AND half of them were fighting Tyrant's robots.

4 - Thanos was significantly more hurt by Tyrant's attacks then he was by Drax's attacks. So this doesn't really help your case.

5 - Sure he should've. It's entirely possible for Drax to be able to punch Thanos once in the face and be taken out by Nova Prime. Being taken out by Nova Prime and being able to hit Thanos have very little to do with eachother. Maybe your arguments would've made more sense if I had claimed that Drax fought Thanos evenly 1v1? As opposed to just punching him.

3. It really isn't ABC logic when you consider that Thor recently hit Thanos in the head with Mjolnir, and it didn't even stun him. This is when the Avengers fought the Cabal. Did you miss that part? Was Thor jobbing there? Evidence would suggest not when you take all of Thanos' showings against others into consideration.
1 - It is ABC logic because you're claiming that since character A = B then he is clearly not = Character C.

2 - It didn't stun him but it clearly affected him. Like I mentioned earlier you're reading too much into art rendition. Thanos reacted more to Thor and Drax's hits then he did when Drax initially killed him. He also reacted far more to Black Bolt's attack then he did to Odin, Tyrant or Galactus' attack. Which points out how flawed this "art only" interpretation is.

3 - Evidence would suggest that comics are inconsistent and that tanking a hit from Thor does not exclude you from being punched by Drax.

4. The CCu was more powerful than first thought or it would have been out of power after the first shot that Thanos took. We see that Thanos took more than two shots from it. I really hope that you aren't claiming that the CCU hits with less force than a Herald. When Thanos took a full blast to the face from Surfer, and smiled it off just before putting him into a coma.
1 - The CC lasting more than 1 attack does not indicate that it was more powerful than "first thought". Nor does that mean much since it was just a brief estimate by Starlord. Does he possess any kind of cosmic awareness or innate knowledge of cosmic cubes, energy, power levels or anything of the kind? No he does not.

2 - Yes, Thanos was unaffected by Surfer's best shot, yet he was strangely enough affected by many weaker beings than the Surfer going all out. Perhaps we should not equate this to Thanos being completely immune to any attack by high herald and down. If we do then Ganymaede, Terrax and Jack of Hearts are Trans at the very least.
5. If Drax was as strong as you say he is, he should have KO'd Angela when he launched his sneak attack against her. He hit here solidly in the face, and this did not keep her down. This is a another clear sign that he is not as strong as you think that he is. On the other hand, Gamora was hurting the infantile version of Drax, who was vastly more powerful than he is in his current state. The She Hulk was overpowering Drax in his original form, who was also more powerful than he is today, and that story is canon. I am referring to when the Avengers fought against the undead heroes, and She Hulk was over powering Drax. Drax in those days was given a handbook entry of class 50, and like I said, he was more powerful then than he is today.

1 - How strong did I say that Drax was? Roughly class 80? And that a class 80 can punch Thanos? Why would a class 80 be able to drop Angela?

2 - How durable is Angela? We don't know yet. We just know that she's a shit character and that she can take hits from Thor.

3 - How does Gamora hurting dumb drax (as he is called, not infantile) exlude him from punching Thanos in the face?

4 - How does She-Hulk overpowering dumb Drax exclude current Drax from punching Thanos? How is that incident not PIS when Thanos had to exert more force to beat Drax than She-Hulk did? Either

a) She-Hulk is powerful enough to easily overpower a foe that Thanos couldn't, meaning that She-Hulk is more powerful than Thanos, or

b) She-Hulk overpowering Drax and Drax punching Thanos are not mutually exclusive.

5 - A handbook stating that Drax is class 50 means that he is class 50? Seems unlikely. Seems even more unlikely when you consider the people he has overpowered and that even when he was being depowered he was fighting the Blood Brothers, who are class 100 when close to eachother.

Maybe, just maybe, your ABC logic doesn't work as well as you would like it to.

Otherwise how can you explain She-Hulk being more powerful than Thanos? And Ganymeade being more powerful than BRB, Gladiator, Surfer, Jack of Hearts and Thanos?

thingy150
Well kris won, this means stoic will not respond.....

iceman24567
Going with Drax on this one

h1a8
Kris is the man

Stoic
1 - These are mutually exclusive? No, they are not. It's entirely possible to take hits from Odin and Tyrant and be affected by hits from Drax. You could say the same about Thor taking hits from Celestials and Galactys, yet being affected by Sif or Volstagg.

2 - Unable to put down Thanos? I recall Thanos being on his knees at one point.

3 - This is not related to other characters being weaker under Starlin.

1 - Galactus is well above Drax. That's probably why Galactus' one attack did more than the combined attack of Drax and the other GOTG.

2 - Thanos also knew that Galactus was going to attack him and prepared his forcefields. He didn't prepare those forcefields against Drax and GOTG.

3 - Tyrant was beating the heralds, but he was not playing with them. They were also being weakened AND half of them were fighting Tyrant's robots.

4 - Thanos was significantly more hurt by Tyrant's attacks then he was by Drax's attacks. So this doesn't really help your case.

5 - Sure he should've. It's entirely possible for Drax to be able to punch Thanos once in the face and be taken out by Nova Prime. Being taken out by Nova Prime and being able to hit Thanos have very little to do with eachother. Maybe your arguments would've made more sense if I had claimed that Drax fought Thanos evenly 1v1? As opposed to just punching him.

1 - It is ABC logic because you're claiming that since character A = B then he is clearly not = Character C.

2 - It didn't stun him but it clearly affected him. Like I mentioned earlier you're reading too much into art rendition. Thanos reacted more to Thor and Drax's hits then he did when Drax initially killed him. He also reacted far more to Black Bolt's attack then he did to Odin, Tyrant or Galactus' attack. Which points out how flawed this "art only" interpretation is.

3 - Evidence would suggest that comics are inconsistent and that tanking a hit from Thor does not exclude you from being punched by Drax.

1 - The CC lasting more than 1 attack does not indicate that it was more powerful than "first thought". Nor does that mean much since it was just a brief estimate by Starlord. Does he possess any kind of cosmic awareness or innate knowledge of cosmic cubes, energy, power levels or anything of the kind? No he does not.

2 - Yes, Thanos was unaffected by Surfer's best shot, yet he was strangely enough affected by many weaker beings than the Surfer going all out. Perhaps we should not equate this to Thanos being completely immune to any attack by high herald and down. If we do then Ganymaede, Terrax and Jack of Hearts are Trans at the very least.

1 - How strong did I say that Drax was? Roughly class 80? And that a class 80 can punch Thanos? Why would a class 80 be able to drop Angela?

2 - How durable is Angela? We don't know yet. We just know that she's a shit character and that she can take hits from Thor.

3 - How does Gamora hurting dumb drax (as he is called, not infantile) exlude him from punching Thanos in the face?

4 - How does She-Hulk overpowering dumb Drax exclude current Drax from punching Thanos? How is that incident not PIS when Thanos had to exert more force to beat Drax than She-Hulk did? Either

a) She-Hulk is powerful enough to easily overpower a foe that Thanos couldn't, meaning that She-Hulk is more powerful than Thanos, or

b) She-Hulk overpowering Drax and Drax punching Thanos are not mutually exclusive.

5 - A handbook stating that Drax is class 50 means that he is class 50? Seems unlikely. Seems even more unlikely when you consider the people he has overpowered and that even when he was being depowered he was fighting the Blood Brothers, who are class 100 when close to eachother.

Maybe, just maybe, your ABC logic doesn't work as well as you would like it to.

Otherwise how can you explain She-Hulk being more powerful than Thanos? And Ganymeade being more powerful than BRB, Gladiator, Surfer, Jack of Hearts and Thanos?

1.Galactus would naturally be able to output more power than Drax, but if Thanos was able to survive Galactus' assault, a character of Drax's power should go nearly unnoticed. It didn't because Drax has power over Thanos like he always had.

2. Thanos did not react more to Thor's hit in the head than he did to Drax's hit. Way to call the kettle black, while being the pot Kris, or what are you basing your opinion on? Could it also be artistic renditions?

3. Thanos under optimal conditions has tanked more than what Drax is capable of, or a character of Drax's strength is capable of dealing out. This clearly shows you the obvious answer that you are trying your best to ignore. Drax has power over Thanos, he has always had power over him.
-----------------------------------------------

1. Correct, but then Thanos knocks Galactus a couple miles away. This is not something that Drax can do.

2. Thanos may not have had that particular tech with him when he fought the GOTG. He was just revived.

3. Ganymede was the only one to hurt Tyrant, and that was because her staff was specifically made to hurt him. All of the Spinsters had them. No other character was capable of hurting Tyrant. He was playing with them, and was not out to kill them because he was going to use them to power his vessel.

4. Of course it helps my case. Tyrant was vastly more powerful than Drax, or another character of Drax's current strength level. If thanos was able to take an assault from Tyrant, Drax, or a character of his current level would have been a push over. Tyrant is a Galactus level threat. Are you kidding me right now?

5. Drax was fighting Thanos evenly, and even managed to hurt him. Another character on Drax's level would not be able to do that. Thor with Mjolnir was barely able to open Thanos up. Drax was punching the blood out of his mouth. Again you must be kidding with that mess?
----------------------------------------------

1. No it is not ABC logic. Drax or a character of his power level simply do not possess the punching power to do that to Thanos, unless they have power over him which was seen during Annihilation. Not once was it ever stated that Drax somehow lost that power. Drax is currently the very same incarnation that pulled Thanos' heart out and ripped through shields capable of withstanding an assault from Galactus during Annihilation.

2. If I'm reading into the art rendition, what exactly are you doing? Thor was unable to hurt Thanos like Drax was. Drax actually opened Thanos up, and sent him reeling backwards. Is Drax now stronger than Thor, and does he hit harder than Thor does with Mjolnir? Thor wasn't playing around, he was aiming for the back of Thanos' head with that hit.

3. On average Thanos' durability feats are measure up, except for when he has run ins with Drax. Do you know why that is? Drax was made to destroy Thanos. I know that this is something that i don't have to prove to you, unless you want to play dumb, or genuinely aren't aware of this fact. This is the very same incarnation of Drax, that pulled Thanos' heart out during Annihilation. He showed that he weakens Thanos' very genetic makeup just being around him.

--------------------------------------------

1. It was stated during the Cancerverse arc just after Thanos revived, that the CCU was nearly depleted, but then we see it fired off more times that it was stated to be capable of. It also clearly hit with more force than a top level herald, or was it my imagination when Thanos sat smiling at the Surfer when he blasted him in the face?

2. Perhaps the CCU had something to do with Thanos being hurt by weaker characters. however Drax hurt him again after he came back to life in a universe that Death has no power.

------------------------------------------------

1. You said that Drax was roughly a class 80-100. This goes against everything, and anything that he has done in his current form. In his original for, he was more powerful than he is currently. He could fly, and use power blasts. In his INFANTILE form which I prefer instead of calling him dumb, he was vastly more powerful than he is in his current form.

2. In her battle with the GOTG, we get a rough idea as to just how tough Angela actually is. She was tough enough to take a blast that went right through her, but got fried by an electrical attack. She was also beaten by Thor, and pushed by Gamora. Drax however was incapable of Kayoing her with a sneak attack. Sneak attacks hurt more than regular ones because the recipient has no time to brace themselves. Drax was unable to even KO her. This shows his strength class to be below someone of Thor's range. Again Thor was unable to even stun Thanos with a Mjolnir shot to the head. He moved him, but he did no damage.

3. How does Gamora hurting the infantile version of Drax translate? Well it takes strength to hurt a character of his durability which was shown several times during his short run. Drax was vastly more powerful then, than he is now.

4. Because Drax weakens Thanos.

A) No Drax was given power to face thanos because he is a unique being made for the sole purpose of destroying Thanos. The same can not be said of any other character in concerns to Drax.

B) She Hulk would break her hand on a guy that can take a hit to the head from Thor without taking any lasting damage. look at how she nearly broke her hand against the Infantile version of Drax.

5. It seems that the writer who wrote the confrontation between Drax and the She Hulk used that very same handbook to give She Hulk the strength advantage in that particular portrayal.

Or, maybe just maybe you aren't looking at all of the angles, Or you refuse to acknowledge that my reasoning is very logical, but you have refused to believe based on it possibly throwing a wrench into your denial that Drax actually was made to destroy Thanos, which is and always was written on panel.

Otherwise Drax has a unique affect on Thanos that no other character in creation does, which is written on panel when he was made, and the purpose of making him.

thingy150
^^ did not read but I am positive it has nothing to do with the thread or the original claim that gamora is stronger then drax....

Insane Titan

With the exception of Drax pulling out Thanos' heart and pulling apart his forcefield, his feats against Thanos have all been legit and within the reasonable capabilities of someone who's around class 80-100. Groot did nothing to Thanos. All he did was hit a weak thsnos with no effect and then get knocked out.

krisblaze
Groot did nothing to Thanos. All he did was hit a weak thsnos with no effect and then get knocked out.
You did not understand.

Reread the exchange between me and Stoic.

Thank you stopping by to post about Thanos.

Insane Titan
It's seems people did not read the prelude to Annhilation were Drax dies a couple if times and goes through several incarnation changes.

It's clear what the writer was trying to show

thingy150
It's seems people did not read the prelude to Annhilation were Drax dies a couple if times and goes through several incarnation changes.

It's clear what the writer was trying to show

Yup yup, I love how he argues so vigorously, pretty sure it was to distract us from the fact he could not prove gamora is stronger physically than drax.....

Insane Titan
You did not understand.

Reread the exchange between me and Stoic.

Thank you stopping by to post about Thanos. don't be a cocky little shit.

I read what you said like you're totally trying to dismiss what he said.

Even Giffen the writer said the Drax he wrote negated Thanos powers.

thingy150
don't be a cocky little shit.

How many times do you think drax has negated thanos's powers tho? I assume the majority is that drax does not have an advantage in negating thanos's power.....

thingy150
Wait a minute i'm doing it too, everyone lets get back to the thread at hand which is gamora vs drax. Why do threads on this site constantly get derailed?

Insane Titan
How many times do you think drax has negated thanos's powers tho? I assume the majority is that drax does not have an advantage in negating thanos's power..... don't know don't care, but it's clear that was the case in annihilation and it's not been retconed since then as far as I know.

krisblaze
don't be a cocky little shit.

I'd rather be cocky than dumb, which seems to be your case smile

It seems that you're confused as to what incident we were discussing.

Feel free to reread the exchange.

thingy150
don't know don't care, but it's clear that was the case in annihilation and it's not been retconed since then as far as I know.

Stoic has tried to say this has always been the case which is simply not true and has never been stated. Didn't drax say he could not do what he did again. They fought a bunch of times besides annihilation and it was never said drax did anything "kryptonite" like to thanos. He was just created to kill thanos which does not say anything in the way of him having a special effect on thanos, he is just powerful enough to hang with him.....

Insane Titan
Stoic has tried to say this has always been the case which is simply not true and has never been stated. Didn't drax say he could not do what he did again. They fought a bunch of times besides annihilation and it was never said drax did anything "kryptonite" like to thanos. He was just created to kill thanos which does not say anything in the way of him having a special effect on thanos, he is just powerful enough to hang with him..... when they fought he didn't try to exactly kill him with his own powers though after annihilation

thingy150
also agree with krisblaze, we are not talking about annihilation, that is when drax had a special effect on thanos which is not the case in any other showing. Stoic has probably not seen anything but annihilation so he thinks that drax always has the special effect on thanos.

Drax was even shown to do something different then he normally does when he was glowing green as he ripped his heart out, the writer wanted you to know it was a different situation. Almost positive drax stated he could not do that again which shows it was a isolated incident....

thingy150
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lMvYRHula00/Tl5RZYuKzxI/AAAAAAAAAWQ/ejrF9TlDgEM/s1600/DRAX.jpg

Drax glowing green was used to show it was a new found ability. Never once has he done this before or after this instance, stoic is wrong....

Drax has never been shown to have a special effect on thanos other than this so the rest of his fights with thanos are fair play for feats...

(edit) not all feats because they are different versions then current but my point is that drax does not have a "kryptonite" like effect on thanos.

gotta sleep, bye....

krisblaze
There's more to it than that as well.

Drax specifically had to use the anti-matter bomb to kill him during Thanos Imperative.

For some reason the fanboys seem to think that Drax punching Thanos in the face means that he's his Kryptonite.

Stoic
Drax does not have the skill to beat Gamora. Drax is either stronger than all of the guys that were unable to hurt Thannos as much as he has, or he has a special effect on Thanos, or he grows stronger when he is fighting Thanos. Drax has never been able to fight anyone on Thanos' level and remotely come close to winning. Drax got beaten down by Gladiator, so unless Gladiator is greater than Thanos, it does not make much sense. If this is the case, then Thor, and the Surfer are superior to Thanos, which we all know is not the case. When you try to explain the obvious to people, but they fail to understand it, you can only walk away scratching your head. Now how was Nova Prime able to beat the crap out of Drax, but not have a prayer against the Surfer? How difficult is it for people to come to the realization, that Drax was made specifically to destroy Thanos?

Stoic
There's more to it than that as well.

Drax specifically had to use the anti-matter bomb to kill him during Thanos Imperative.

For some reason the fanboys seem to think that Drax punching Thanos in the face means that he's his Kryptonite.

As opposed to playing dumb when you have a particular dislike for a character? Who else has Drax beaten of worth? Nova Prime beat him down like he was nothing. Gladiator defeated him, and hardly even tried when doing it. Now we have you talking about a class 80-100 being able to hurt Thanos when Thor could not hurt him, and Beta Ray Bill was beaten up convincingly. But what's you excuse? Well Uhm uhm, it was the writer. But uhm uhm, What about the Odin showing, and the Tyrant showing, and the Lord Mar-Vell showing, and the Power Gem Thor showing? Well uhm uhm, it was artist interpretation. I wouldn't be surprised if Drax was a class 40 seeing as he couldn't KO Angela with a sneak attack.

krisblaze
As opposed to playing dumb when you have a particular dislike for a character? Who else has Drax beaten of worth? Nova Prime beat him down like he was nothing. Gladiator defeated, and hardly even tried when doing it. Now we have you talking about a class 80-100 being able to hurt Thanos when Thor could not hurt him, and Beta Ray Bill was beaten up convincingly. But what's you excuse? Well Uhm uhm, it was the writer. But uhm uhm, What about the Odin showing, and the Tyrant showing, and the Lord Mar-Vell showing, and the Power Gem Thor showing? Well uhm uhm, it was artist interpretation.
I never said that Drax defeated Thanos. You need to calm down with the whole rabid fanboy routine and start looking at what I'm writing.

When you look at Drax's encounters with post-ress Thanos, you'll see that he doesn't do anything that's not within the realm of possibility.

For some reason, in your mind, this translates into Drax defeating Thanos.

When Thanos was weakened after being brought back and they attacked him, there was absolutely nothing that indicated Drax having a particular advantage against him.

Let's compare Groot's attacks;
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_gotg_25_16.jpg

To Drax's attacks;
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_gotg_25_18.jpg

Both of these affect him, but ultimately do nothing to stop him. There is nothing here that denotes Drax's attacks being specifically effective.

Now, when looking at the Thanos imperative fight, we see Drax shooting him with a gun and then hitting him with the anti-matter bomb. Unless Drax' unique (now invisible) aura somehow extends to his gun, there is once again nothing that denotes him having an advantage against Thanos. Hell, why would he even use a gun then? Further there is the fact they've been clearly shown to have the kind of advanced firepower needed to harm Thanos, as Rocket Raccoon noted in Thanos Imperative #1!

Drax shooting + antimatter bomb;
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative03-020.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative03-021.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative03-022.jpg

And when Thanos came back and Drax attacked him hand to hand, he wasn't able to do anything! What about this points to him being particularly effective? His performance was not above that of his team-mates, not in the slightest! In fact you could argue that Moondragon's shields were the most impressive;
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative04-016.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative04-017.jpg

They all looked equal against resurrected Thanos, with the exception of Gamora, whose godslayer broke against his skin.

thingy150
^^ still have not proven a damn thing and you still are derailing the thread 10/10

krisblaze
Further let's have a look at this Angela showing, which is supposed to be so terrible:

At first we see Angela beating Gamora (They stalemate 2-3 pages before this).
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-006.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-007.jpg

Then she gets backup and they get the upper hand.
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-008.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-009.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-010.jpg

Then Drax comes in and hits her once, before they trade more blows and Starlord takes her out:
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-011.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-012.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-013.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-014.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-015.jpg

This is not a low showing for Drax.
His punch does the most damage to Angela barring Starlord finish, and Gamora's sword, which was able to pierce Angela's skin, actually breaks on Drax!

Stoic
Further let's have a look at this Angela showing, which is supposed to be so terrible:

At first we see Angela beating Gamora (They stalemate 2-3 pages before this).
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-006.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-007.jpg

Then she gets backup and they get the upper hand.
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-008.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-009.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-010.jpg

Then Drax comes in and hits her once, before they trade more blows and Starlord takes her out:
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-011.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-012.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-013.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-014.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxyv3006-015.jpg

This is not a low showing for Drax.
His punch does the most damage to Angela barring Starlord finish, and Gamora's sword, which was able to pierce Angela's skin, actually breaks on Drax!

Who said it was a low showing for Drax? He clearly launched a sneak attack though, and it was incapable of KOing Angela. So I guess that Angela can take more abuse than Thanos, even though Thanos was capable of taking a hit to his head from Thor with Mjolnir. If you can't see what I am pointing out to you say so. It's not hard to understand what i have been getting at all along. Drax does his best work against Thanos, and no one else.

krisblaze
Who said it was a low showing for Drax? He clearly launched a sneak attack though, and it was incapable of KOing Angela. So I guess that Angela can take more abuse than Thanos, even though Thanos was capable of taking a hit to his head from Thor with Mjolnir. If you can't see what I am pointing out to you say so. It's not hard to understand what i have been getting at all along. Drax does his best work against Thanos, and no one else.
Where is this coming from?

When did Drax knock out Thanos?

I showed you clear examples of Drax not doing better than his other team-mates against Thanos.

Here's another example, Avengers Assemble #8.

When Thanos is falling down and is gangbanged. There is no sign of Drax's attack doing more against Thanos:
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_Avengers008-Zone-017.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_Avengers008-Zone-018.jpg

Stoic
I never said that Drax defeated Thanos. You need to calm down with the whole rabid fanboy routine and start looking at what I'm writing.

When you look at Drax's encounters with post-ress Thanos, you'll see that he doesn't do anything that's not within the realm of possibility.

When Thanos was weakened after being brought back and they attacked him, there was absolutely nothing that indicated Drax having a particular advantage against him.

To Drax's attacks;

Both of these affect him, but ultimately do nothing to stop him. There is nothing here that denotes Drax's attacks being specifically effective.

Now, when looking at the Thanos imperative fight, we see Drax shooting him with a gun and then hitting him with the anti-matter bomb. Unless Drax' unique (now invisible) aura somehow extends to his gun, there is once again nothing that denotes him having an advantage against Thanos. Hell, why would he even use a gun then? Further there is the fact they've been clearly shown to have the kind of advanced firepower needed to harm Thanos, as Rocket Raccoon noted in Thanos Imperative #1!

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative03-020.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative03-021.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative03-022.jpg

And when Thanos came back and Drax attacked him hand to hand, he wasn't able to do anything! What about this points to him being particularly effective? His performance was not above that of his team-mates, not in the slightest! In fact you could argue that Moondragon's shields were the most impressive;
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative04-016.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative04-017.jpg

They all looked equal against resurrected Thanos, with the exception of Gamora, whose godslayer broke against his skin.

All of this happens when Thanos is weakened from just being revived. This has nothing to do with what happens when they are trapped in the Cancerverse. Thanos had fully recovered by then, and still Drax was doing as much damage to him as Thor did when he had the Power Gem, or at least as much as when he hit him in the head when the Avengers fought the Cabal. It's not my rabid fanboy routine that's in question here, it's your deliberate attempts of throwing up a smoke screen, and feigning ignorance despite knowing most if not all of the abuse that Thanos has actually suffered from greater threats than Drax in his current form. And on the other side there's lil Thingy in the pants talking crap. I imagine that a character like him gets the sh1t beaten out of him quite often.

Stoic

I showed you clear examples of Drax not doing better than his other team-mates against Thanos.

When Thanos is falling down and is gangbanged. There is no sign of Drax's attack doing more against Thanos:
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_Avengers008-Zone-017.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_Avengers008-Zone-018.jpg

What do you mean when did Drax KO Thanos? I never said that he KO'd Thanos, but neither has Thor to my knowledge. Drax put as much damage on Thanos as Thor did in their most recent encounter. Do you know which time I am talking about?

Stoic
In these scans, Drax puts more damage on Thanos than Thor was able to, and gave him a better fight.

thingy150
"there's lil Thingy in the pants talking crap." im in your pants?

"I imagine that a character like him gets the sh1t beaten out of him quite often."

been in a few fights, never lost.....

I have already proven that the only time drax has had a negative effect on thanos was during annihilation. Not even sure if that is what you guys are talking about anymore but the thread remains to be gamora vs drax and you remain to have not proven gamora stronger than drax.

thingy150
"In these scans, Drax puts more damage on Thanos than Thor was able to, and gave him a better fight"

What does that have to do with anything? Just proves drax is a badass does not however prove he has a special "kryptonite" like affect on thanos.....

Stoic

Also this is not the encounter that I'm talking about. I specifically said when the Cabal fought the Avengers, and Thane (Thanos' son) turned him to stone. In that scene Thor does less damage to Thanos than Drax did in the scans that I posted in the last post before this one.

thingy150
Again what does your comment have to do with anything....

thingy150
This thread = wasteland, someone needs to trash it.....

krisblaze
What do you mean when did Drax KO Thanos? I nevver said that he KO'd Thanos, but neither has Thor to my knowledge. Drax put as much damage on Thanos as Thor did in their most recent encounter. Do you know which time I am talking about?
A ridiculous comparison because they are completely different comics. Look at this;

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-018-006.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-018-009.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-018-010.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-018-012.jpg

You see Drax hitting him, sure, but Drax is also freshly resurrected where as Thanos has been fighting Marvel, Quill and Nova. And it also might have something to do with Drax cutting him off mid-attack. It's a high showing for Drax, no doubt, but it's completely different from the ONE showing where he actually functions as Thanos' kryptonite.

Also, let's consider that Drax used the cube to kill Thanos twice. He did not do it himself.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-019-006.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-019-009.jpg

And the fact that Drax seem to be doing pretty well in the strength-department nowadays;
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-019-016.jpg
Also this is not the encounter that I'm talking about. I specifically said when the Cabal fought the Avengers, and Thane (Thanos' son) turned him to stone. In that scene Thor does less damage to Thanos than Drax did in the scans that I posted in the last post before this one.

Yes, I am aware, but like I am telling you, that is a ridiculous comparison, and that you need to consider Avengers Assemble as well and all the other showings as well.

Thor did more damage than Odin did with his first 4 attacks, and more damage than Tyrant did with the exception of his last attack! Is Thor more powerful than all of these guys? Or, you know, might it be the fact that Drax has super-strength and caught Thanos mid-punch?

Insane Titan
This thread = wasteland, someone needs to trash it..... stop posting in it then, instead of yapping like a lil dog all the time

krisblaze

To Drax's attacks;

Let's revisit this post as well, as you did not provide an explanation as to why Drax's attacks did not do more damage than Groot's attacks.

You did also not provide a reason for why Drax uses weapons.

And finally you did not address why Drax didn't do more damage than the other heroes in Avengers Assemble.

thingy150
Stoic, he was glowing green in the showing where he rips thanos's heart out, this was something he had never done before and the writer did this to show this was an isolated incident. Almost positive I have seen a scan where drax says he could not do what he did again.

All the other showings against thanos would be the same against any being thanos's level, drax does not have a special effect on thanos. You said earlier that he had a special effect on thanos's shield(which is not thanos)

You just have a warped view of drax and it is quite hilarious...

thingy150
stop posting in it then, instead of yapping like a lil dog all the time

Well unlike you I did not embarrass myself in this thread so I do not need to run away, you did not even know the conversation which showed in your idiotic comment.

Not going to take orders from someone who cannot read less then a page of text...

Stoic
A ridiculous comparison because they are completely different comics. Look at this;

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-018-006.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-018-009.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-018-010.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-018-012.jpg

You see Drax hitting him, sure, but Drax is also freshly resurrected where as Thanos has been fighting Marvel, Quill and Nova. And it also might have something to do with Drax cutting him off mid-attack. It's a high showing for Drax, no doubt, but it's completely different from the ONE showing where he actually functions as Thanos' kryptonite.

Also, let's consider that Drax used the cube to kill Thanos twice. He did not do it himself.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-019-006.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-019-009.jpg

And the fact that Drax seem to be doing pretty well in the strength-department nowadays;
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_GuardiansoftheGalaxy2013-019-016.jpg

Yes, I am aware, but like I am telling you, that is a ridiculous comparison, and that you need to consider Avengers Assemble as well and all the other showings as well.

Thor did more damage than Odin did with his first 4 attacks, and more damage than Tyrant did with the exception of his last attack! Is Thor more powerful than all of these guys? Or, you know, might it be the fact that Drax has super-strength and caught Thanos mid-punch?

It does not matter if they are different comics. Here you go with that BS again. Thanos has consistently taken abuse by character far out of Drax's range. Drax wasn't even able to KO Angela with a sneak attack as you saw. No matter which writer writes Thanos, he is always portrayed above guys that are well above Drax. You can't explain it away, or pretend that it's not true or valid because of different writers. You can't even find another character that Drax has actually done great against except for Thanos. What happened when he went up against Gladiator? What happened when he went up against Nova Prime? What do you honestly believe would happen if he went up against the Hulk, or Thor? Keep on dodging, it won't remove the fact that Thanos is the only very powerful character that Drax can actually hurt the way that he does. Why? Because he was made to destroy Thanos. How is it so difficult for you to comprehend this?

What? Odin slapped the Surfer out with a light tap. This is something that Thor has never been able to do. Also show me where Drax has been doing pretty well in the strength dept these days. I have every GOTG comic, and if anything he is the weakest incarnation of the character ever.

Insane Titan
Well unlike you I did not embarrass myself in this thread so I do not need to run away, you did not even know the conversation which showed in your idiotic comment.

Not going to take orders from someone who cannot read less then a page of text... I backed up the part about annihilation and what the writer said . I said nothing else about Drax's history.

So again stop being a moron yapping for attention all the time.

thingy150
He was made to destroy thanos, which is why he is so powerful. But if he was really thanos's kryptonite he would have the better of him every time, which he does not. He is just a powerful being that was made to kill thanos but he was not made to effect thanos the way kryptonite does superman. There was one time where he did where drax stated he could not do so again.

thingy150
I backed up the part about annihilation and what the writer said . I said nothing else about Drax's history.

You thought they were arguing about annhilation drax but in actuality it has been about drax not having a special effect on thanos(except for annihilation)

You can leave again little titan

Stoic
I backed up the part about annihilation and what the writer said . I said nothing else about Drax's history.

Don't bother. His entire game is to rile people up. He'll be banned once again. He's the same sock that's been banned time and again, so your best bet is to not bother with his childish antics.

krisblaze
It does not matter if they are different comics. Here you go with that BS again. Thanos has consistently taken abuse by character far out of Drax's range. Drax wasn't even able to KO Angela with a sneak attack as you saw. No matter which writer writes Thanos, he is always portrayed above guys that are well above Drax. You can't explain it away, or pretend that it's not true or valid because of different writers. You can't even find another character that Drax has actually done great against except for Thanos. What happened when he went up against Gladiator? What happened when he went up against Nova Prime? What do you honestly believe would happen if he went up against the Hulk, or Thor? Keep on dodging, it won't remove the fact that Thanos is the only very powerful character that Drax can actually hurt the way that he does. Why? Because he was made to destroy Thanos. How is it so difficult for you to comprehend this?

What? Odin slapped the Surfer out with a light tap. This is something that Thor has never been able to do.

Thanos has, and he has now taken abuse from Drax as well.

Thanos is far more powerful than Drax, nobody is disputing that.

This does not mean that Drax can't punch him once or twice or catch him off-guard with a punch. Just like Groot or anyone can.

In all of these incidents I've shown you that Drax hits Thanos and does just as much damage as everyone else in the same comic.

It might be a tough pill to swallow, but Drax was able to punch Thanos in the face two-three times and then got knocked away. This is far from unreasonable. Especially not in a comic where Drax, Starlord and Nova are fighting a last-stand battle against Thanos.

Drax getting punched by other characters does not mean that it's impossible for him to punch Thanos. You could've replaced Drax with any other bruiser and it would not have been unfeasible for them to do the same.

Then you might want to explain why you felt the need to interrupt when I was talking about post-resurrection Drax and Thanos smile

Insane Titan
You thought they were arguing about annhilation drax but in actuality it has been about drax not having a special effect on thanos(except for annihilation)

You can leave again little titan show me where I mentioned anything other that annihilation Drax you dumb troll.

I knew what was been said , but the annihilation bit was still been dismissed.

Haha at you talking big , you'll be gone again soon.

thingy150
Don't bother. His entire game is to rile people up. He'll be banned once again. He's the same sock that's been banned time and again, so your best bet is to not bother with his childish antics.

Your entire game is changing the lay out of threads being wrong and running away with your tail tucked and when you get called out on what you do you cry. You just talked shit to me so you get it back but you cannot handle your own so you will call the admins even tho you just started the shit talking when I have been discussing the argument.

(run on sentence, dont care)

thingy150
"don't be a cocky little shit.

Even Giffen the writer said the Drax he wrote negated Thanos powers."

He was not arguing against that showing.....

(this is to titan btw)

Insane Titan
Thanos has, and he has now taken abuse from Drax as well.

Thanos is far more powerful than Drax, nobody is disputing that.

This does not mean that Drax can't punch him once or twice or catch him off-guard with a punch. Just like Groot or anyone can.

In all of these incidents I've shown you that Drax hits Thanos and does just as much damage as everyone else in the same comic.

It might be a tough pill to swallow, but Drax was able to punch Thanos in the face two-three times and then got knocked away. This is far from unreasonable. Especially not in a comic where Drax, Starlord and Nova are fighting a last-stand battle against Thanos.

Drax getting punched by other characters does not mean that it's impossible for him to punch Thanos. You could've replaced Drax with any other bruiser and it would not have been unfeasible for them to do the same.

Then you might want to explain why you felt the need to interrupt when I was talking about post-resurrection Drax and Thanos smile because you still tried to give the impression that what was saud about Annihilation Drax was false because it didn't fit with his history.

krisblaze
because you still tried to give the impression that what was saud about Annihilation Drax was false because it didn't fit with his history.
I did?

Please point it out.

I think it's been pretty clear that we've been discussing current Drax, and current Drax hasn't displayed any such abilities since Annihilation.

It was also pretty clear when he was in his "kryptonite" mode, as he was glowing green, peeling apart Thanos' forcefields with his bare hands and punched his heart out.

As opposed to now where he's using guns, bombs, brute force and getting his ass handed to him.

thingy150
Annihilation drax had an extra ability that he has never recreated and im pretty sure drax stated he could not do so again. We are not discussing Annihilation(which is the only time drax has had a special effect on the mad titan)

thingy150
I did?

Please point it out.

I think it's been pretty clear that we've been discussing current Drax, and current Drax hasn't displayed any such abilities since Annihilation.

It was also pretty clear when he was in his "kryptonite" mode, as he was glowing green, peeling apart Thanos' forcefields with his bare hands and punched his heart out.

As opposed to now where he's using guns, bombs, brute force and getting his ass handed to him.

Later im almost positive drax stated to a team member that he could not do so again. I see you realize the green glow was also supposed to show he had a new found ability.

Looking for the scans...

Stoic
I did?

Please point it out.

He was using knives, bombs, guns before Annihilation, and still getting his ass handed to him though. And yes it is unreasonable for Thanos to be hurt by a character of Drax's strength level when he is not in a weakened state. If we take him knocking the blood out of Thanos' mouth at face value, it would mean that he actually hits harder than Thor. He does not. Nothing will change the fact that he isn't a class 100 character. We saw his fight with Gladiator, and he did well until Gladiator decided to stop playing around with him. My problem is that Thanos in one instance takes a block buster hit from Thor to his head, and is fine, and in another reels from a punch from Drax.

Why would Drax be made to destroy Thanos when he has always been inferior to Thanos? when did he lose the power to weaken Thanos like he did during the Annihilation arc? I mean when was it explicitly stated?

thingy150
"when did he lose the power to weaken Thanos like he did during the Annihilation arc? I mean when was it explicitly stated?"

It was stated by drax and I am looking for it right now. One thing that shows he has not used it is because he was glowing green which he has not done since.

"In issue #4 of "Annihilation" Drax displayed an ability unseen in any of his previous incarnations; while in close proximity to Thanos' body, his own body emitted a strange, form-fitting aura. Shortly thereafter, he punched straight through the Thanos' chest with a single blow." - comic vine

Comic vine agrees that it is an unseen ability and it has not been shown since then so it is not still in use. Drax stated this himself which I am still looking for.

krisblaze
He was using knives, bombs, guns before Annihilation, and still getting his ass handed to him though.
As far as I know he never used those until he was reborn in the Annihilation prelude.

Do you examples of him using it outside of annihilation?

And yes it is unreasonable for Thanos to be hurt by a character of Drax's strength level when he is not in a weakened state. If we take him knocking the blood out of Thanos' mouth at face value, it would mean that he actually hits harder than Thor.
It would not.

If the state of Thanos' face is the sole decider then Thor hits harder than Odin and Tyrant, who in turn hit harder than Galactus.

He does not. Nothing will change the fact that he isn't a class 100 character. We saw his fight with Gladiator, and he did well until Gladiator decided to stop playing around with him.
He can still be a class 100 and get absolutely destroyed by Gladiator.

You seem to think that losses somehow disqualify him from being a particular strength-level, this isn't the case.

My problem is that Thanos in one instance takes a block buster hit from Thor to his head, and is fine, and in another reels from a punch from Drax.
Might have something to do with Thanos being clothed in his personal forcefields and seeing Thor coming.

As opposed to being interrupted by Drax in the middle of an attack.

There's also the matter of Thanos still being affected by Thor's attack and eventually recovering full force despite Drax's best efforts.

Finally there's the fact that Thor always holds back and that every fiber in Drax's body screams for him to kill.

There's also the fact that Thanos is weaker in the cancerverse:
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative01-022.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_TheThanosImperative02-012.jpg

Sure, Thanos did get better eventually as Mantis notes, but Life is still the dominant force is the cancerverse as they resurrected endlessly.

Why would Drax be made to destroy Thanos when he has always been inferior to Thanos? when did he lose the power to weaken Thanos like he did during the Annihilation arc? I mean when was it explicitly stated?
What are you talking about with this?

It has been stated so many times that Drax was made to destroy Thanos. I can post these once I get back from the store if you don't believe me.

thingy150
"It has been stated so many times that Drax was made to destroy Thanos."

No he asked "when did drax lose the power to weaken Thanos like he did during the Annihilation arc?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.