Colossus vs Wonder Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thingy150
Fight to the death, who wins?

StiltmanFTW
. . .

Seriously? Simon rapes.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
. . .

Seriously? Simon rapes.

KingD19
If Big C gets Juggernaut powers it's a match. Otherwise he gets put down.

zopzop
I don't know about rape, but WM wins after a good fight.

Damborgson
Colossus has some good fight in him, he'd stand his ground ok. He would lose though.

thingy150
Tried to make something that has not been done before and knew simon would take a majority but it is not a stomp, colossus would stand his ground.

thingy150
Colossus has the clear advantage in durability considering both of their showings against gladiator.

carver9
Colossus got two pieced by Thor...something that has never happened to Wonderman.

juggernaut74
I thought Rogue finished him off? I recall Colossus getting up then Rogue took his powers.

thingy150
Originally posted by carver9
Colossus got two pieced by Thor...something that has never happened to Wonderman.

Well I guess it is 1 and 1 in superior showings against the same character....

Overall I would rate colossus as more durable and both are pretty close in strength.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by thingy150
Well I guess it is 1 and 1 in superior showings against the same character....

Overall I would rate colossus as more durable and both are pretty close in strength. How did Simon do vs Gladiator?

thingy150
Originally posted by juggernaut74
How did Simon do vs Gladiator?

Did not even touch him, he just got hit a few times and knocked out, I can look for the scans if you want them.

juggernaut74
Did not even touch him, he just got hit a few times and knocked out, I can look for the scans if you want them. If you want go ahead. Venom owned Simon as well........

thingy150
If you want go ahead. Venom owned Simon as well........

Was unaware of venom fighting simon, so it is 2 to 1 in superior showings against the same character(in colossus favor)

juggernaut74
Was unaware of venom fighting simon, so it is 2 to 1 in superior showings against the same character(in colossus favor) Ask zopzop for the scans he posted them awhile back in another thread.

abhilegend
Simon would ****ing own colossus. Originally posted by thingy150
Did not even touch him, he just got hit a few times and knocked out, I can look for the scans if you want them.
Considering it was Claremont Gladiator who was getting koed by Gambit, it was no wonder colossus got a few shots.

juggernaut74
Who wrote Cannonball owning Gladiator?

thingy150
Originally posted by abhilegend
Simon would ****ing own colossus.
Considering it was Claremont Gladiator who was getting koed by Gambit, it was no wonder colossus got a few shots.

When did gladiator get knocked out by gambit, didn't gambit just stun him?

abhilegend
Who wrote Cannonball owning Gladiator?
Fabian Nicizia IIRC. Originally posted by thingy150
When did gladiator get knocked out by gambit, didn't gambit just stun him?
He was not seen for the rest of the comic. Simon is just below Thor in strength and recently choked out rulk. Colossus has no chance here.

carver9
Cannonball got destroyed by Gladiator. He then gained an ability during mid fight which allowed him to absorb a punch that was going to send him to the center of the sun. He then hit Gladiator with the same hit that sent Gladiator flying. Gladiator then gets up from rubble without a scratch. Wouldn't call a single attack owning. Especially attack attack that did nothing to Glads.

@Jugs...

Thor nearly took Colossus out of the fight with two well placed hits. It didn't knock him out but he was near down.

abhilegend
Cannonball got destroyed by Gladiator. He then gained an ability during mid fight which allowed him to absorb a punch that was going to send him to the center of the sun. He then hit Gladiator with the same hit that sent Gladiator flying. Gladiator then gets up from rubble without a scratch. Wouldn't call a single attack owning. Especially attack attack that did nothing to Glads.

@Jugs...

Thor nearly took Colossus out of the fight with two well placed hits. It didn't knock him out but he was near down.
So denial it is.

carver9
So denial it is.

Post the fight.

thingy150
Looks like this thread is in the process of being derailed.

carver9
Not going to derail it. I was about to post the fight.

thingy150
Not going to derail it. I was about to post the fight.

Which fight? cannonball and glads who have no place in this specific thread, pm it.

abhilegend
Post the fight.
For what? Gladiator isn't in this thread.

thingy150
For what? Gladiator isn't in this thread.

Exactly what i'm saying.....

juggernaut74
I think we were originally going to post the Colossus and Wonder Man fights with Gladiator.

Silent Master
The Gladiator vs Colossus match was a major low showing for both, I mean Colossus got KO'd by a falling building.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Silent Master
The Gladiator vs Colossus match was a major low showing for both, I mean Colossus got KO'd by a falling building. That's actually a good point.

thingy150
That's actually a good point.

I 3rd that....

juggernaut74
I 3rd that.... It was a low showing for Colossus' durability that's for sure. But the fight was still cool on both fronts imo. The narration of that fight is epic.

h1a8
Outside of speed, I believe that Colossus (a man of metal) at the time was considered a near physical peer to the real man of steel of that era (byrne Superman?), but still clearly inferior. So since Marvel couldn't have the real Superman fight Colossus to satisfy fans, they used a copy (Gladiator) in order to show how the real fight will go if they had rights to Superman.

So although it was a low showing for Colossus to be koed the way he was it was also a high showing for him to stand his ground on Gladiator.

WM wins this convincingly. A better thread should be Thing and Colossus vs. WM

juggernaut74
Wonder Man beat Red Hulk, but then gets his @ss kicked by Fixit Hulk, man you gotta love comics.

h1a8
Wonder Man beat Red Hulk, but then gets his @ss kicked by Fixit Hulk, man you gotta love comics. Yup. They are very inconsistent. Red Hulk was purposely being written down from Loeb levels. Otherwise, he would have been an Earth bound character that is near unbeatable by herald level characters. There is no good stories to write from this. He simply absorbs your energy and beats you senseless.

DarkSaint85
Weren't they different versions of Wonder Man? So hardly comparing apples to apples.....

juggernaut74
Well Wonder Man was able to beat Red Hulk, while Colossus managed to hold his own(without Juggy power) so Wonder Man has that one.

Colossus was able to take Venom down while Wonder Man got owned, so Colossus has that one.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Colossus can somewhat make a fight out of it, but he is going down more often than not. Much more often to be exact...

juggernaut74
Didn't Colossus also do better against the Champion? I recall the ref saying Colosuss lasted almost a full round. Champion was pounding away but Colossus stood his ground, even knocked down he was getting back up.

Silent Master
IIRC, Simon was DQ'd for tearing up the ring.

juggernaut74
Yea I just looked he was dq'd for ripping the floor up.

Prof. T.C McAbe
WonderMan wins 8/10 if it's regular Colossus, colossonaut stomps.

juggernaut74
Colossus wins.

shadowknight
WM wins at least 8/10

Sin I AM
Has colossus ever beaten a high end brick?

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Has colossus ever beaten a high end brick?
Not that I'm aware of.

juggernaut74
Savage Hulk and Juggernaut count?

deathslash
Savage Hulk and Juggernaut count? wasn't the hulk part after Lockheed had blasted him in the face?

zopzop
Originally posted by deathslash
wasn't the hulk part after Lockheed had blasted him in the face?
Yup. For some reason Hulk REALLY didn't like Lockheed's fire attack.

Sin I AM
Hulk has taken lockheeds fire to the face twice tho..first time it downed him second he wasnt fazed iirc

Silent Master
Simon wins

Genii96
simon wins this

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. For some reason Hulk REALLY didn't like Lockheed's fire attack.

Lockheed's fire was hot enough to hurt Colossus, too. That alien dragon is pretty formidable.

Remember, it only pretended to be Kitty's cute pet in order to spy on the X-Men. Gotta love retcons laughing out loud

Decter
Simom

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Decter
mom

Your mom ain't here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.