Misconceptions about competence of Jedi Strike Team that confronted Emperor Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_W_LeGenD

DarthAnt66
Awesome thread. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Thank you. smile

Selenial
I think the issue most have with them is that you take the quotes about them being the best and apply it to mean that they're up there with Satele, Gnost dural and other titans like those.

When in reality we simply don't know how good they are. For example, being the best of the order could be interpreted in many ways. It could mean top 1%, which in an order of 10,000 would only mean top 100. If we'd heard that Leeha Narez had beaten Satele in a sparring match we might think differently.

Hell, Warren sedoru remarks in the knight story when asked why he doesn't sort Balmorra himself, that he is not a warrior. He was taken because he had the schematics they needed, and was a tech expert. Leeha Narez was taken simply because she we involved on Hoth.

All in all, one statement doesn't put them up there with the B team or even the strike team Revan faced.

Beniboybling
Majority of individuals in mythos?

Your assuming that the HoT, prior to reaching the pinnacle of his abilities, is not surpassed by a number of other individuals.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Selenial
I think the issue most have with them is that you take the quotes about them being the best and apply it to mean that they're up there with Satele, Gnost dural and other titans like those.
The quotes do not seem to imply "among" the best, they seem to imply that they "are" the best. Recheck them.

I am just being lenient in my judgment.

Originally posted by Selenial
When in reality we simply don't know how good they are. For example, being the best of the order could be interpreted in many ways. It could mean top 1%, which in an order of 10,000 would only mean top 100. If we'd heard that Leeha Narez had beaten Satele in a sparring match we might think differently.

Hell, Warren sedoru remarks in the knight story when asked why he doesn't sort Balmorra himself, that he is not a warrior. He was taken because he had the schematics they needed, and was a tech expert. Leeha Narez was taken simply because she we involved on Hoth.

All in all, one statement doesn't put them up there with the B team or even the strike team Revan faced.
Jedi are not known to boast about themselves. They are self-less.

Even if I give your argument the benefit of doubt, official disclosures still positions Sedoru and Narezz very high in the echelon of power and/or competence within the Jedi Order. Also, SWTOR game is not very good at demonstrating the power of characters. As an example, Darth Decimus came off just like a normal boss in the game while he is (officially) among the greatest warriors of the Empire.

Also, all of them managed to fight through the defenses of the space station and reach Emperor's position just fine. None perished.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling

Your assuming that the HoT, prior to reaching the pinnacle of his abilities, is not surpassed by a number of other individuals.
Evidence is in front of you.

Angelalex242
Such accolades don't seem to be any better then those given for Mace and the B Team in 19 BBY.

carthage
the misconception is that they were actually good warriors

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Such accolades don't seem to be any better then those given for Mace and the B Team in 19 BBY.
Kolar, Fisto and Tinn have different hype, of martial expertise mainly.

Originally posted by carthage
the misconception is that they were actually good warriors
They are among the best Jedi. Your claim is baseless.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling

Her victory over Scourge, as well as already being the greatest TOR-era Jedi, supports Legends statement.

Stigma
Misconceptions about their competence, huh? laughing out loud

NewGuy01
*Leeha was a Knight, not a Master, likewise Warren is a Padawan.

Nicely organized thread, but literally none of this information is new to anyone.

NewGuy01
Short Version:

1. HOT : Thought by some to be the best Jedi alive, defeated Darth Angral and his apprentices, and was more/less evenly matched with Scourge.

2. Tol Bragga : Is one of the strongest and most resolute Jedi Masters, and at one point pacified a Dark Councillor without killing him.

3. Leeha Narezz : One of the most powerful Jedi around, was said to have never known failure.

4. Warren Sendoru : Was one of the Order's greatest warriors, but is hampered by old injuries from the Cold War, and his strength in the Force diminishes with age.

Nephthys
Although the quest text states the Hero and Scourge drew (or "fought to a standstill"wink, I still think it more important that Scourge was on his knees, unarmed before her. Also Scourge was fresh, while the HoT had just fought through the fortress. So she's his better in my eyes at least.

NewGuy01
Well, that's the animation for all defeated enemies in the game though. Also, that's why I said "more/less".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.