KMC: Choose ONE Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
While scrolling through KMC, you are suddenly approached by a god like being willing to grant you one super power. You are told that everyone who has ever been on KMC will be granted the same opportunity and you will all be transported to a battleground world. Only the victor of the KMC Tournament will be allowed to keep his/her power, everyone else will simply revert to being normal (even if they died, they will come back to life as they were before).

Rules:
1)It must be low herald or below (ie: no green lantern ring, no power cosmic, no reality warping, no time). Pick something interesting that doesn't make you god.
2) By choosing one power, you'll get all the passive powers it takes to make the first power work (ie: Superspeed won't kill you, you can breath shallow air fine while flying, etc). This does not mean that you can choose two powers in one.
3) There will be other people who have super powers, but you cannot choose a power like Peter Petrelli's, Rogues, Mimics, etc

What do you choose and which KMCer comes out on top??

DarkSaint85
Shaw's Absorption, for me.

warden515
I'm being the Purple Man. I'd rather watch my opponents beat on each other while I kick back.

carver9
Charles Xavier mind powers.

riv6672
Karate Kid.

MF DELPH
Madison's Jefferies/Box's technopathy/technokinesis.

I win.

riv6672
^^^good one.

Digi
Immortality, a la Vandal Savage.

stick out tongue

Even if that's a disqualification, if we're on an actual WORLD, I'd pick immortality without regen (so I could die), and would just hide out and wait for y'all to die.

DarkSaint85
Pity that Carver is the one to find you...and kill you.

Reflassshh
Synchronicity wave travelling. Gg.

Mindset
I choose the power of friendship.

carver9
Seems like I beat all. smile

Mind wipe for the win.

Blair Wind
Got this pm'd to me:

Time Immemorial
DR. Manhattens power.

**** yall you all dead now.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Shaw's Absorption, for me.

I just atmoized you and sent you and carver packing into the sun.

carver9
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Got this pm'd to me:

thumb up
Darthgoober is the best.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
thumb up
Darthgoober is the best.

Quiet you, you have been eliminated already.

carver9
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Quiet you, you have been eliminated already.

By who?

carver9
DR. Manhattens power.

**** yall you all dead now.

The thread say low Herald. Manhattenis around mid.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I don't need powers to beat you!

Time Immemorial
The thread say low Herald. Manhattenis around mid.

According to this forum DM is low herald.

Blair Wind
That's bullshit. He's basically a god-like being himself, who said that?

DarkSaint85
Actually, having not used a knee jerk reaction....

The Spot's powers.

I've always wanted them; the ultimate power under herald for me.

Team up with me and glory awaits!

Need someone killed? I port their head off.
Need transport? I'm there.
Need to BFR someone? I love that.
Need to hide from telepathy? Sure.

Time Immemorial
That's bullshit. He's basically a god-like being himself, who said that?

95% of the board that argues against him..

MF DELPH
I'm assuming we also get our own intellects and personalities with these powers, correct?

Mindset
95% of the board that argues against him.. Pretty sure most people just think he isn't above high herald.

MF DELPH
I think the argument against Manhattan has always been that in implied power Manhattan's basically Solar, but in on-panel application he doesn't have the feats to beat someone like Silver Surfer or Superman because he never faced another superhuman being the lone superhuman in his entire universe. He can't really be argued because there's no way to accurately gauge where he'd stand in combat.

Mindset
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I think the argument against Manhattan has always been that in implied power Manhattan's basically Solar, but in on-panel application he doesn't have the feats to beat someone like Silver Surfer or Superman because he never faced another superhuman being the lone superhuman in his entire universe. He can't really be argued because there's no way to accurately gauge where he'd stand in combat. Well, based on implied power SS is basically Solar.

Digi
No one banned my Vandal Savage immortality. The other kind of immortality (and, admittedly, far weaker kind) was just a backup. So no one has taken me out yet, unless Blair rules against me.

Suck it, poozers.

stick out tongue

Also, lol @ goob's stealth PM entry into the thread. Very creative. thumb up

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
No one banned my Vandal Savage immortality. The other kind of immortality (and, admittedly, far weaker kind) was just a backup. So no one has taken me out yet, unless Blair rules against me.

Suck it, poozers.

stick out tongue

I atomized you long ago. evil face

carver9

Suck it, poozers.

stick out tongue

What's his best TP defense?

"Id"
Psychic Powers: Toyo Harada
Or
Iron Man Extremis 3.0

Digi
I atomized you long ago. evil face

You're not getting Manhattan, k? Play by the rules. Besides, it's a single power. You chose a character, not a power. In a ton of peoples' opinions, DM is nowhere near low herald, so I'm not sure where you're getting this. If you picked him in a low herald tourney, you'd be laughed out of the draft thread. But you're still violating the one power rule, so there's that.

Also, I'm not entirely sure that would work on Savage, though I'm not sure what his best regen feat is. But in no world is he > low herald, so I'm definitely within my rights unless Blair decides on a "no cheese" rule with these things.

What's his best TP defense?

Dunno, but it's irrelevant. He's immortal. Like, Mr. Immortal, Jack Harkness, can't-be-killed immortal. You can mindrape me and KO me for decades...I'll just outlast you.

Mindset
You're not getting Manhattan, k? Play by the rules. Besides, it's a single power. You chose a character, not a power. In a ton of peoples' opinions, DM is nowhere near low herald, so I'm not sure where you're getting this. If you picked him in a low herald tourney, you'd be laughed out of the draft thread. But you're still violating the one power rule, so there's that.

Also, I'm not entirely sure that would work on Savage, though I'm not sure what his best regen feat is. But in no world is he > low herald, so I'm definitely within my rights unless Blair decides on a "no cheese" rule with these things.

Dunno, but it's irrelevant. He's immortal. Like, Mr. Immortal, Jack Harkness, can't-be-killed immortal. You can mindrape me and KO me for decades...I'll just outlast you. Didn't Jack die before though?

krisblaze
Low herald and down? So many sick choices.

Dr.Light or Apocalypse for me.

Mindset
Originally posted by krisblaze
Low herald and down? So many sick choices.

Dr.Light or Apocalypse for me. Apocalypse is a pretty formidable street leveler, good choice.

carver9
What power would you get from Doctor light or Apocalypse? It's a single power not their entire powerset. Is Apocalypse a low Herald?

krisblaze
Carver, what are you talking about?

Light manipulation and the ability to control your own molecules.

Originally posted by Mindset
Apocalypse is a pretty formidable street leveler, good choice.

Haha what?
1)It must be low herald or below (ie: no green lantern ring, no power cosmic, no reality warping, no time). Pick something interesting that doesn't make you god.

h1a8
According to this forum DM is low herald. Anyone who literally can't die no matter what, can walk on stars, travel through time, become intangible, multiply, grow, control matter, is much higher than a low herald.
What mid herald can beat someone like that?
Hell, what high herald could beat someone like that?

krisblaze
Cassandra Nova might be the best choice, to instagib everyone with telepathy.

Originally posted by h1a8
Anyone who literally can't die no matter what, can walk on stars, travel through time, become intangible, multiply, grow, control matter, is much higher than a low herald.
What mid herald can beat someone like that?
Hell, what high herald could beat someone like that?

Any high herald?

Almost all mid heralds?

Also, kindly **** off with your attempts at turning this into a Dr.M discussion.

h1a8

Dunno, but it's irrelevant. He's immortal. Like, Mr. Immortal, Jack Harkness, can't-be-killed immortal. You can mindrape me and KO me for decades...I'll just outlast you. Great point. What do you think about being separated into many pieces and being kept that way? Are you technically dead?

Time Immemorial

Dunno, but it's irrelevant. He's immortal. Like, Mr. Immortal, Jack Harkness, can't-be-killed immortal. You can mindrape me and KO me for decades...I'll just outlast you.

Way to blow a digi load on me with that whammy.

Blair Wind
I'm assuming we also get our own intellects and personalities with these powers, correct?

It's you + the one power you chose.

stick out tongue

Even if that's a disqualification, if we're on an actual WORLD, I'd pick immortality without regen (so I could die), and would just hide out and wait for y'all to die.

I wouldn't disqualify it, but if someone chops you up into pieces and keeps your head from your body, you'd be DQ'd unless you could get back together. Essentially, if it's just one last KMCer and you're head in a bag, the other KMCer would win.

Mindset
Way to blow a digi load on me with that whammy. http://media.giphy.com/media/d6lLDSYZPmjQY/giphy.gif

krisblaze
I wouldn't disqualify it, but if someone chops you up into pieces and keeps your head from your body, you'd be DQ'd unless you could get back together. Essentially, if it's just the winner and you're head in a bag, the winner would win.
It's official, the new goal is now to capture Digi's head.

Way to blow a digi load on me with that whammy.

Looks like Time already beat us to it sad

Digi
Didn't Jack die before though?

No. He always resurrects, including when he was just bits of skeleton.

He became mortal for one of the seasons (Miracle Day), but that was a planetary reversal where everyone else became immortal.

Originally posted by h1a8
Great point. What do you think about being separated into many pieces and being kept that way? Are you technically dead?

With Savage, no, he wouldn't be. Temporarily incapacitated.

blow a digi load

I wouldn't disqualify it, but if someone chops you up into pieces and keeps your head from your body, you'd be DQ'd unless you could get back together. Essentially, if it's just one last KMCer and you're head in a bag, the other KMCer would win.

Well, d*cks.

It's official, the new goal is now to capture Digi's head.

haermm

carver9
http://media.giphy.com/media/d6lLDSYZPmjQY/giphy.gif

laughing out loud

Blair Wind
The choices so far:

The Spot's powers.

Originally posted by warden515
I'm being the Purple Man. I'd rather watch my opponents beat on each other while I kick back.

Originally posted by riv6672
Karate Kid.

Madison's Jefferies/Box's technopathy/technokinesis.

Originally posted by Reflassshh
Synchronicity wave travelling. Gg.

I choose the Heart Ring

Originally posted by Darthgoober
I'd pick Access's amalgam powers

Originally posted by "Id"
Psychic Powers: Toyo Harada

Captain Britain's powers. Connection to England/Otherworld's energy matrix

I choose Magnetos powers.

Who else wants to throw their hat into the ring?!

Mindset
I don't see how anyone beats me, tbh.

Time Immemorial
I choose Magnetos powers.

krisblaze
Actually Blair, please change mine to Captain Britain's powes. Connection to England/Otherworld's energy matrix.

Blair Wind
Done.

krisblaze
Done.

Hells yeah, we're fighting in England? .....right?

Blair Wind
Hells yeah, we're fighting in England? .....right?

Regular world with powers. You start off where you live.

smile

Sin I AM
Hmmm, i chose Darwin

krisblaze
Regular world with powers. You start off where you live.

smile
Close enough!

carver9
Haven't seen anyone who would resist a mind rape yet during the onset of the battle. Not a single person.

krisblaze
Haven't seen anyone who would resist a mind rape yet during the onset of the battle. Not a single person.
I'm immune to telepathy via my suit.

I wouldn't want to call attention to that, lest people pick Cassandra Nova with 10X your telepathy haermm

Digi
I still say I outlive you all. Blair's assertion that an indefinite decapitation counts as a loss is the only thing hampering that.

What's a few centuries of incapacitation? I have eternity!

krisblaze
I still say I outlive you all. Blair's assertion that an indefinite decapitation counts as a loss is the only thing hampering that.

What's a few centuries of incapacitation? I have eternity!

Eternity with the shame of knowing that your head was used as mindset's pocketpussy?

I'd welcome sweet oblivion after a couple of centuries of that.

To each his own I guess ermm

Sin I AM

I could, plus tp isn't an autowin if your strong willed enough.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I could, plus tp isn't an autowin if your strong willed enough.

I don't think any of us can pass off that kind of TP resistance, like Cap and Batman or whatever.

But there are at least 3 characters who've chosen powers that can resist Professor's telepathy, so Carver's def wrong eek!

Magic Joe
Starfox. His likeable powers, then run for President or something.

Sin I AM
I don't think any of us can pass off that kind of TP resistance, like Cap and Batman or whatever.

But there are at least 3 characters who've chosen powers that can resist Professor's telepathy, so Carver's def wrong eek!

It's carver. He'd try to create a hulk construct and try to smash my mind. I think I'm a little too intelligent for that tactic

krisblaze
Originally posted by Magic Joe
Starfox. His likeable powers, then run for President or something.
We all get teleported to a battleworld-type thing if I recall.

Though it certainly is a strong case...you could have other superhumans fight for you and shit stick out tongue
It's carver. He'd try to create a hulk construct and try to smash my mind. I think I'm a little too intelligent for that tactic

lmao.

Digi
Eternity with the shame of knowing that your head was used as mindset's pocketpussy?

I'd welcome sweet oblivion after a couple of centuries of that.

To each his own I guess ermm

Well, gross, first off. And lol, second.

But I wouldn't be cognizant for any of it. It might as well be a lifeless husk. Which is appropriate, given what I'll do to him in retribution. I'll have eons to think of appropriate desecrations for him. He'll be equally as oblivious, of course, but it will be the world's most interminable, spiteful, metaphoric and literal teabagging.

It also assumes Mindset wins the melee between you lowly mortals. I still say I have a decent chance of just hiding under a random rock or something and waiting you out. It's on a damn planet, after all. Even with super powers, anyone besides the telepath has almost 0 chance of finding me.

My tactic is cheap, granted. The rest of y'all are being way more creative. I just felt like brute forcing my way to a possible win. Too many considerations to work out if I was actually trying to counter everyone's powers.

krisblaze

But I wouldn't be cognizant for any of it. It might as well be a lifeless husk. Which is appropriate, given what I'll do to him in retribution. I'll have eons to think of appropriate desecrations for him. He'll be equally as oblivious, of course, but it will be the world's most interminable, spiteful, metaphoric and literal teabagging.

It also assumes Mindset wins the melee between you lowly mortals. I still say I have a decent chance of just hiding under a random rock or something and waiting you out. It's on a damn planet, after all. Even with super powers, anyone besides the telepath has almost 0 chance of finding me.

As long as the eternal energies of Otherworld persist then I too am immortal.

I'd find you! None may hide from the second coming of the British empire!

yHNfvJc99YY

Sin I AM

My tactic is cheap, granted. The rest of y'all are being way more creative. I just felt like brute forcing my way to a possible win. Too many considerations to work out if I was actually trying to counter everyone's powers.

Meh id own your bbithch ass

zom1967
How about Jude the entropic man,kind of an odd power.Being able to give the gift of death,even in a universe where death dosen`t exist.My first choice would have been purple man,but even amplified he could not overcome doom`s will!

Sin I AM
Not sure if jude would work on savage

Time Immemorial

Only a queen of lame picks Xavier's powers.

StyleTime
Uh....I am definitely going with telepathy. Too strong of a choice here, even if it's not a creative power. It should be banned lol.

Not only does it make the fight easier, but many of these other powers require bloodshed, or even killing others to win. We're up against our fellow KMCers here: I like y'all too much to seriously injure you. I'd just mentally tell everyone to forfeit the match.

A few of you may manage to resist me, but I'd mind control the others into fighting you until you forfeit too.

krisblaze
Cassandra Nova should be banned imo.

Overpowered Xavier and Gladiator easily.

Mindset
Would Doom's mystical knowledge be acceptable?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StyleTime
Uh....I am definitely going with telepathy. Too strong of a choice here, even if it's not a creative choice. It should be banned lol.

Not only does it make the fight easier, but many of these other powers require some bloodshed, or even killing others to win. We're up against our fellow KMCers here: I like y'all too much to seriously injure you. I'd just mentally tell everyone to forfeit the match.

A few of you may manage to resist me, but I'd mind control the other into fighting you until you forfeit too.

Carved already picked them and is queen of lame #1, you will thus be queen of lame #2.

StyleTime
I thought yours was outside of the box, comparatively speaking. Everyone else is going for the "try and kick everyone's ass" route. I'm taking the ultra low road with mental shenanigans, although I am also trying to avoid killing people lol.
Carved already picked them and is queen of lame #1, you will this be queen of lame #2.
It is a cheap choice, I agree. I do it because I am compassionate, and I want to save y'all from killing eachother while still maximizing my chances for victory.

abhilegend
Wally's speed.

krisblaze
Originally posted by abhilegend
Wally's speed.
low herald and lower only.

Though power girl's physique is still up for grabs

StyleTime
Edit

abhilegend
low herald and lower only.

Though power girl's physique is still up for grabs
OK. Max Mercury's speed.

"Id"
Hyperion (Squadron Supreme)

krisblaze
Originally posted by "Id"
Hyperion (Squadron Supreme)
He has to be Mid herald stick out tongue

"Id"
He is a phucking beast.

h1a8

Superspeed, quicksilver level

I would kill you before one neuron fires in your brain.

I win.

beatboks
Emotion control al la psycho pirate. I make you all the pissed at each other and love my like your life depends on n it.

Everyone defends me and I get to sit back and watch the carnage.as far as digi is concerned with his imortality he will be my servsnt when all is said and done and therfore not the victor (meaning his imortality is revoked and I kill his ass)

krisblaze
Originally posted by beatboks
Emotion control al la psycho pirate. I make you all the pissed at each other and love my like your life depends on n it.

Everyone defends me and I get to sit back and watch the carnage.as far as digi is concerned with his imortality he will be my servsnt when all is said and done and therfore not the victor (meaning his imortality is revoked and I kill his ass)
You'd get wrecked.

Also you wouldn't get the medusa mask stick out tongue

beatboks
You'd get wrecked.

Also you wouldn't get the medusa mask stick out tongue

Why would I want the medusa mask? It makes the most one who wears it go insane. I used Psycho pirate as an example, we were asked to choose a single power. The single power I choose is to magically completely control the emotions of everyone I want.

And I wouldnt get "wrecked" because all of you would be dying to protect me from any harm from unfettered love, devout devotion, adoration. No one would even allow me to be harmed with that power.

With a similar power Glorious Godphrey turned the earth against those who risk their lives to defend it. All the powerhouses around were routed by him.

krisblaze
Why would I want the medusa mask? It makes the most one who wears it go insane. I used Psycho pirate as an example, we were asked to choose a single power. The single power I choose is to magically completely control the emotions of everyone I want.

And I wouldnt get "wrecked" because all of you would be dying to protect me from any harm from unfettered love, devout devotion, adoration. No one would even allow me to be harmed with that power.

With a similar power Glorious Godphrey turned the earth against those who risk their lives to defend it. All the powerhouses around were routed by him.

You start out where you live, far away from anyone. You wouldn't start within eye-contact of everyone.

Some people could blitz you.

Some people have incredible long range.

Some people have similar powers.

beatboks
You start out where you live, far away from anyone. You wouldn't start within eye-contact of everyone.

Some people could blitz you.

Some people have incredible long range.

Some people have similar powers.

Again your under thinking it.

Where did I say I wanted eye contact. I gave a character example AFTER I chose the power to give an idea. OP states not to think of character sets and I wasnt.

Nor did I state a range, etc etc. And based on where I start no one else would even know I exist so i win by default using that argument.

Consider it like the effects of the holy Grail or the spear of destiny in All Star Squadron. The instant someone comes within a certain radius of me (in the case of those two items it was all of europe and all south east asia) they love me beyond all others and.

A power lkke that is an auto win. Applying li mm itations I never stated (and corrected to say not) doesnt change the fact.

krisblaze
I think you misunderstood the thread smile

DarkSaint85
Kris, if you want to get to England the Spot will help you!!!

Golgo13
Telepathy.

DarkSaint85
Yes, Golgo, good pick. Join my alliance against Carver.

krisblaze
With my powers I can open portals just like you can uhuh

Did you not read the respect thread? 313

Golgo13

thumb up

DarkSaint85
With my powers I can open portals just like you can uhuh

Did you not read the respect thread? 313

I see my kind offer has been rejected!

I'm going to slowly dump the UK into space over the next few years....

beatboks
While scrolling through KMC, you are suddenly approached by a god like being willing to grant you one super power. You are told that everyone who has ever been on KMC will be granted the same opportunity and you will all be transported to a battleground world. Only the victor of the KMC Tournament will be allowed to keep his/her power, everyone else will simply revert to being normal (even if they died, they will come back to life as they were before).

Rules:
2) By choosing one power, you'll get all the passive powers it takes to make the first power work (ie: Superspeed won't kill you, you can breath shallow air fine while flying, etc). This does not mean that you can choose two powers in one.
3) There will be other people who have super powers, but you cannot choose a power like Peter Petrelli's, Rogues, Mimics, etc

What do you choose and which KMCer comes out on top??

I dont see how. It was pretty clear. One power, there was never a need to have it based on a character.

Choosing tp as an example means that any power that grants tp resistance (or tp itself) allows you to fight it.

I could have chosen empathy, but again that would mean any feats that allow resistance give a means of combating it.

I chose a VERY selective and obscure sub set of a power that within it self has no counter. The reason i even suggested psycho pirate was because his example has no counter. I was careful to say al la and not list Psycho oitate as the power I chose because as I understand it, it means in the style or manor of (so isnt a direct copy of that specific power, just similar in some ways).

The fact that you choose to see the similarities only in its limitations and not its unstopability is short sighted IMO. There is no counter to a power like that, if I'd said empathy ot telepathy there would be. In fact the power I chose is a counter to those because they require focus to use which blind uncontrolable emotion removes. Obciously it would be stupid to choose the limitations if I can "choose any power i want"

Pheromones could accomolish the same also but an air bender could counter that. Soul manipulatiin also but again there are canon counters tomit, like strong will.

I chose a power soleley because the way I selected it has no counter. Every other power listed does and every other power requires the one possessing it to control it. If they dont control themselves they dont control the power and the one I chose means even powerful TPers cant control.

Also the op clearly doesnt have us starting where we are because we are transported to a new world.

beatboks
We all get teleported to a battleworld-type thing if I recall.

Though it certainly is a strong case...you could have other superhumans fight for you and shit stick out tongue

lmao.
what a sec, you think it works for him but doesnt for me? Its the same thing. We get to choose a single power, not a powerset.

DarkSaint85
I dont see how. It was pretty clear. One power, there was never a need to have it based on a character.

Choosing tp as an example means that any power that grants tp resistance (or tp itself) allows you to fight it.

I could have chosen empathy, but again that would mean any feats that allow resistance give a means of combating it.

I chose a VERY selective and obscure sub set of a power that within it self has no counter. The reason i even suggested psycho pirate was because his example has no counter. I was careful to say al la and not list Psycho oitate as the power I chose because as I understand it, it means in the style or manor of (so isnt a direct copy of that specific power, just similar in some ways).

The fact that you choose to see the similarities only in its limitations and not its unstopability is short sighted IMO. There is no counter to a power like that, if I'd said empathy ot telepathy there would be. In fact the power I chose is a counter to those because they require focus to use which blind uncontrolable emotion removes. Obciously it would be stupid to choose the limitations if I can "choose any power i want"

Pheromones could accomolish the same also but an air bender could counter that. Soul manipulatiin also but again there are canon counters tomit, like strong will.

I chose a power soleley because the way I selected it has no counter. Every other power listed does and every other power requires the one possessing it to control it. If they dont control themselves they dont control the power and the one I chose means even powerful TPers cant control.

Also the op clearly doesnt have us starting where we are because we are transported to a new world.

Yeah, lol. If we all get sent there, and are in eye contact with each other, then I don't win.

If we get scattered across the world, then as long as I last the first half second or so, I'll be fine. Sounds like a lot of you will be dead before the month's end, of starvation and what not.

If only SOMEBODY could continue porting supplies back from the home planet....

I'm taking donations now. You know the only currency DarkSaint demands of you.

Sin, you get a discount.

beatboks
Yeah, lol. If we all get sent there, and are in eye contact with each other, then I don't win.

If we get scattered across the world, then as long as I last the first half second or so, I'll be fine. Sounds like a lot of you will be dead before the month's end, of starvation and what not.

If only SOMEBODY could continue porting supplies back from the home planet....

I'm taking donations now. You know the only currency DarkSaint demands of you.

Sin, you get a discount.

Your deep devotion to me means you'll port supplies to me just cause you love me. No need for currency of any kind ;D

Board Walker
I choose the Shade's (DC) powers.

DarkSaint85
Beatboks: Ha depends on how far your powers extend.....if for example, you're in the battleworld equivalent of Australia, and I'm in the UK, your powers won't work that far. I'm using Psycho Pirate as an analogue; I know you're not using the Medusa Mask.....

Whereas I could just open a hole beneath you and into space. Or open a hole in the sea, then over you. Distance means nothing to me when I'm in my own separate dimension evil face

krisblaze
^That's what I was trying to explain

DarkSaint85
Yeah. I'm NOT saying he DOES start in Battleworlds analogue of Australia, merely that it depends on the locations we're placed in. If I'm placed next to a telepath or speedster, I'm phucked, obviously. But if I can hide in my dimension, I'm safe.

I can see beatboks' point. But having a default global power level empathy field is not low herald level, IMO. Like beatboks himself said, that's Spear of Destiny level, but I'd argue its an Amped Spear. And that's one of the most powerful artifacts in DCU.....

beatboks
I'm not suggesting global level influence. In the case of the spear in ASS its area of infkuence was the area conquered by hitler who possessed it. I would say the area of a city would be within the limits, and really all I require. Hell a little more would be too.

In order to defeat me anyone would have to come into my area of effect. In your case darksaint spots power allows him to move the spots on his body that link him to spotworld to teleport things through that dimensional gateway. Once you have one of those spots near me you effectively put yourself in range of my abikity via a dimensional bridge. Spidermans arm for examole doesnt get any longer when it goes through a sootmon spots head and hits himself in the backmof the head it just warped there.

Lets say a TPer with massive range assaults me from range. By doing so they just put their psychie (and by extension their emotions) in range of me.

Lets say a flash level speedster blitzes, as soon as hes in range he no longer wants to attack me and stops.

The only attack I dont counter is long range energy attack, that is of course if I dont encounter someone who can counter it before its launched. If I do then they'll counter it on my behalf

DarkSaint85
I'm not suggesting global level influence. In the case of the spear in ASS its area of infkuence was the area conquered by hitler who possessed it. I would say the area of a city would be within the limits, and really all I require. Hell a little more would be too.

In order to defeat me anyone would have to come into my area of effect. In your case darksaint spots power allows him to move the spots on his body that link him to spotworld to teleport things through that dimensional gateway. Once you have one of those spots near me you effectively put yourself in range of my abikity via a dimensional bridge. Spidermans arm for examole doesnt get any longer when it goes through a sootmon spots head and hits himself in the backmof the head it just warped there.

Lets say a TPer with massive range assaults me from range. By doing so they just put their psychie (and by extension their emotions) in range of me.

Lets say a flash level speedster blitzes, as soon as hes in range he no longer wants to attack me and stops.

The only attack I dont counter is long range energy attack, that is of course if I dont encounter someone who can counter it before its launched. If I do then they'll counter it on my behalf

Excellent, I now know it's city wide evil face

Prepare for a rain of sand, as I pop a portal open above your head!!!!!

What I'm saying is, a portal like this opens at a beach somewhere. Or under the sea, where the pressures are incredible:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6550/specspidey9918.jpg

The other portal opens above you. Or next to you. I'm nowhere near, so I don't think you'll be able to get me....

SamZED
Is bigger penis a super power?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by SamZED
Is bigger penis a super power?

Are you unable to get an erection?

beatboks
Excellent, I now know it's city wide evil face

Prepare for a rain of sand, as I pop a portal open above your head!!!!!

What I'm saying is, a portal like this opens at a beach somewhere. Or under the sea, where the pressures are incredible:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6550/specspidey9918.jpg

The other portal opens above you. Or next to you. I'm nowhere near, so I don't think you'll be able to get me....

Dude spots body is covered in spots that link him to spotworld. The spot you put under the ocean or beach and the spot above me, also linked to spotworld. In terms of our dimension your as close to me as the spot you open over my head. You always will be.

There is literally no way you can never be in range unless the spot you have releasing the attack against me is out of my range. If it is then you miss with your attack because it's out of range.

Dimensional travel works on the basis of the einstein rosen bridge theory. The concept is that space bends to touch itslef where the wholes are. Using such a bridge to travel light years in minutes simply makes light years meters apart in actual space.

All those scans where spidey punches into a spot on spots chest and the fist hits him in the chin simply make spots chest the point in space right beside spidey's chin.

The only way you can do what you suggest and not be affected is if your using the last two spots on your body. That means you have none left to get to spotworld and get more soots so your left powerless.

If youmhad the ability to ooen demensional vortexes between any two places without a link to you you might have a case. I cant howecer think of a single teleporter in fictiin who can do that. Not to mention that to be able to do so would require practically omnipresence (to be spatially aware of which two points to use) and would therefore be over the limits.

beatboks
Originally posted by Board Walker
I choose the Shade's (DC) powers.

Which Shade are we talking here. If you mean the shadow ine then no way in hell is he under the limits set.

He was stated on panel by Classic Fate to have a powerset that even the Spectre would have trouble with.

If you mean shade the changing man or from JLD then OK.

krisblaze
If youmhad the ability to ooen demensional vortexes between any two places without a link to you you might have a case. I cant howecer think of a single teleporter in fictiin who can do that. Not to mention that to be able to do so would require practically omnipresence (to be spatially aware of which two points to use) and would therefore be over the limits.

Shroedinger in the Hellsing-verse might fit that bill actually.

I don't buy anyone within your cide-wide area of influence is automatically won over by your powers.

I also don't buy that those with high-end telepathy or those whose powers are simply mind-contorl would be won over.

I also disagree with the idea that you need to connect with someone in order to effect them telepathically. Off the top of my mind I can think of cases where both Rachel Grey and Maximus the mad use telepathic attacks without being in contact with anyone. Xavier has also displayed the ability to unleash long-range attacks without connecting to anyone.

I'd also like to add that my forcefield protects me from possession, telepathy and various other forms of control.

DarkSaint85
I see your point thumb up and I understand where you're coming from. I was mistaken, although I will caveat that when I said I'd attack above your head, I was going for a fair few miles above you....yes, I was using sub orbital strikes (not moving the goalposts, btw).

I was also originally wondering if mental powers (telepathy, and your emotional powers of course) would work through the portal?

If, however, your powers work through the portal I guess I will have to save you for last then evil face and use my last two spots to kill you!!! Assuming my random strikes don't get you.....

Reflashh, I suggest a team up!!!

DarkSaint85
Shroedinger in the Hellsing-verse might fit that bill actually.

I don't buy anyone within your cide-wide area of influence is automatically won over by your powers.

I also don't buy that those with high-end telepathy or those whose powers are simply mind-contorl would be won over.

I also disagree with the idea that you need to connect with someone in order to effect them telepathically. Off the top of my mind I can think of cases where both Rachel Grey and Maximus the mad use telepathic attacks without being in contact with anyone. Xavier has also displayed the ability to unleash long-range attacks without connecting to anyone.

I'd also like to add that my forcefield protects me from possession, telepathy and various other forms of control.

So what is your ONE power? As in, you have chosen ONE super power, and if it is passive, all the powers needed to make it work....

krisblaze
So what is your ONE power? As in, you have chosen ONE super power, and if it is passive, all the powers needed to make it work....

My one power, is the same as Captain Britain's, a connection to the otherworld energy matrix.

This one power increases my stats in the following way;

Superhuman durability, speed, strength, reflexes. Superhuman stats in other words.
Constant forcefield (which is immunity to any kind of mind-control with a few exceptions smile )
The ability to open portals to Otherworld and from there anywhere in the world.
A sort of danger sense, like the spidey-sense, but that can also detect "evil".
The ability to see magic, see through illusions and some other random shit.

If I get in the "modern" version that Captain Britain has, where it's all confidence-based, I can pull off other weird stuff where I "touch magic" and whatnot.

Mindship
Whenever threads like this come up, telekinesis is the first thing that comes to mind.

Now I didn't read all the previous pages, so I don't know if there are stips to TK. If not, suffice to say, you can mimic a lot of other powers with it.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Mindship
Whenever threads like this come up, telekinesis is the first thing that comes to mind.

Now I didn't read all the previous pages, so I don't know if there are stips to TK. If not, suffice to say, you can mimic a lot of other powers with it.
You'd have to choose the TK of a certain character, if I understand it correctly.

Hellion is a good choice smile

DarkSaint85
You're not touching my 'magic' sneer

And fair enough. Very strong pick, hope it gets allowed (only because it might be seen as OP).

krisblaze
You're not touching my 'magic' sneer

And fair enough. Very strong pick, hope it gets allowed (only because it might be seen as OP).
It's very well-rounded but I can still get overpowered.

Like time has Magneto's powers. He can still punch me with a giant metal arm and it'll hurt stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
I'm going to make you punch yourself sneer

I'm looking forward to opening portals in the Sun, and firing them at people. Or at the bottom of the ocean - 1 cm diameter portals, firing jets of water at 16,000 psi..

Inside your body.

krisblaze
I'm going to make you punch yourself sneer

I'm looking forward to opening portals in the Sun, and firing them at people. Or at the bottom of the ocean - 1 cm diameter portals, firing jets of water at 16,000 psi..

Inside your body.
I'm going to open a portal over your head and piss.

DarkSaint85
Aha but it just pisses into another portal!

Over Carver!

krisblaze
Aha but it just pisses into another portal!

Over Carver!
You don't want to get Carver mad.

He'll extend his area of influence.......and even more people will think he's the Hulk! eek!

DarkSaint85
I think it's telling, that Carver didn't go for the Hulk's powerset.

At least H1 was consistent, and went for a speedster.

I think OP should enable special dispensation for Carver, and let him BE the Hulk if he wants to. Then we can see just how limited the Hulk is in a forum setting.

That is, of course, if Carver dares to put his money where his mouth is.

krisblaze
I think OP should enable special dispensation for Carver, and let him BE the Hulk if he wants to. Then we can see just how limited the Hulk is in a forum setting.

Indeed.

I can fly by and drop boxes of puppies.

You can teleport boxes of puppies.

Time can create metal puppies.

Delph can create mechanical puppies.

Hulk is F'ed!

DarkSaint85
I wonder what dastardly plans OP has in mind for us.....

krisblaze
I wonder what dastardly plans OP has in mind for us.....
Blair's threads kick ass!

We should do a warworld type deal here.

Maybe even battlezone it!

DarkSaint85
Ok, so AFAIK, we've all been teleported to this battleworld - for the interests of it being a match, and to save myself, obviously, we all have the chance to survive an instagib attack from the telepaths/speedsters (which is to say, we are all placed a certain distance away from each other).

A BZ would be way too complicated, unless we each did a writeup (one post each) of what we'd do? Threats we'd focus on first, people we'd ally with etc. Obv, though, no one would post because they'd want to see what the others did, so we could all PM Blair our posts, and he'd post them up....

krisblaze
That'd be a lot of fun. A max word-count maybe or something like that.

I could paste a map or something and people could decide starting locations (doesn't have to be where you actually live if there are privacy concerns).

DarkSaint85
Yeah. So an analogue of our world. With all of its characteristics, barring human civilisation..

People don't have to say where they land, Blair as God OP places them there. So anyone who wants Swamp Thing powers gets placed in the Sahara for example....

carver9
Hmmm, i chose Darwin

What's Darwin best TP resistance fts? I think you would be a Veggie trying to fight me.

carver9
I think it's telling, that Carver didn't go for the Hulk's powerset.

At least H1 was consistent, and went for a speedster.

I'm already the Hulk. Professor X powers is just an addition.

krisblaze
What's Darwin best TP resistance fts? I think you would be a Veggie trying to fight me.
He specifically resisted Xavier's telepathy no expression

I'm just kidding Carter, just wanted to make you sweat.

DarkSaint85
As there are only about 20 of us, I'd suggest a smaller world. Then plenty of supplies (about a month's worth?) so the speedsters metabolism doesn't kill them (although Abhi has the speed force).

Blair can play Arcade, and have death traps everywhere. And when we land, he announces everyone present and their powers (like in the thread) plus the fact we're in for the fight of our lives).

carver9
Want to change my answer to Storm. Weather manipulation.

krisblaze

Carter launches his anti-piss defense.

Martian_mind
Would J'onn's shapeshifting fall within the parameters of the thread? I know he's placed (Far too lowly) in Mid-herald, but would that single ability put me above the Low-herald cap?

DarkSaint85
Now HE wants to rain piss on us...

krisblaze
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Would J'onn's shapeshifting fall within the parameters of the thread? I know he's placed (Far too lowly) in Mid-herald, but would that single ability put me above the Low-herald cap?
You could go for Miss Martian's shapeshifting and argue that they're similar smile

DarkSaint85

Artist's impression:

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/51ce61ffe4b0d911b44a8ad3/1319671328683/1000w/x_men___storm_by_timberoo-d4cu8j2.jpeg

Edit: no homo.

Martian_mind
You could go for Miss Martian's shapeshifting and argue that they're similar smile

I could, but I would like Blair to clarify for me first. His OP seems to suggest that you don't take a single power that would put you over Low-herald, and if that is the case, then J'onn's shapeshifting should be eligible. If it's a blanket no against the abilities of those in the higher tiers though, I'll happily go Miss Martian.

carver9
Artist's impression:

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/51ce61ffe4b0d911b44a8ad3/1319671328683/1000w/x_men___storm_by_timberoo-d4cu8j2.jpeg

Edit: no homo.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I could, but I would like Blair to clarify for me first. His OP seems to suggest that you don't take a single power that would put you over Low-herald, and if that is the case, then J'onn's shapeshifting should be eligible. If it's a blanket no against the abilities of those in the higher tiers though, I'll happily go Miss Martian.

Yeah, it's strange - because if we used the tier list, a lot of them are due to CIS - which for the majority of us, should not longer be the case.

Time Immemorial

I wish to join the Alliance against Carver.

carver9
I wish to join the Alliance against Carver.

Why against me? We should be on the same team.

DarkSaint85
Because you bat for the other team evil face

I'm interested in seeing how the stips play out, though.

Sin I AM
That's y i like my power. No-one here is strong enough to one shot or kill me. And even if I do get mind controlled my body would eventually resist it.

DarkSaint85
There are worse fates than death, my dear darling Sin.

Sin I AM

Iirc he has none. But no-one to date has used tp offensively against him. Seeing what he has resisted and came back from u see no reason y it wouldn't be a casual, easily rectified defense. Then id just beat your ass irl and sodomize you. U may have xaviers potential, but you're no Charles

Sin I AM
There are worse fates than death, my dear darling Sin.

What power did u choose?

DarkSaint85
What power did u choose?

The power to win your heart The powers of The Spot. So access to the Spotworld.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>