Star Wars (Marvel 2015)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
So, the first issue of the new Star Wars comic series published by Marvel is out now. Any of you read the first issue yet? And if so, what were your thoughts on it? DISCUSS!

WildBantha88
What is it called?

|King Joker|
Star Wars. First issue is called "Skywalker Strikes," if I recall correctly.

ILS
Huh, didn't even realize. Gonna pick it up now.

DARTH POWER
Not available to buy on Amazon for me yet. Will recheck every day as I've been waiting anxiously for this.

ares834
It was good. Jason Aaron is one of the best comic writers right now so I expected it to be enjoyable and it didn't disappoint. The dialogue and characterization was great, it was pure good OT fun. Just don't expect anything original.

Vader was a bad ass BTW.

One thing that did surprise me was Luke challenging Vader so early. really interested to see where that goes and how Luke escapes. Especially since the preview for issue 2 shows Vader holding both his and Luke (his old!) saber.

Darth Abonis
Yes, it was awesome. I was pleasantly surprised. Not that I didn't trust Jason Aaron; I was just expecting it to suck. As for Luke facing Vader, Im okay with it as long as it doesn't turn into a "Anakin fight Dooku every other week- then "my powers have doubled since the last time we met Count" type scenario. Something more in the vein of the showdown on Mimban.

DARTH POWER
Ah Found one. Ordered it. But might take a couple of weeks for me to get it. Can't wait.

|King Joker|
Yeah, I really need to get it ASAP.

DarthAnt66
watch?v=n2EnTM0YZZo

DARTH POWER
Well that was Awesome.. Only problem is I want the next issue now!

Han Solo's still the best. And I loved Sniper Chewbacca taking shots at Vader.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well that was Awesome.. Only problem is I want the next issue now!

Han Solo's the best. And I loved Sniper Chewbacca taking shots at Vader. thumb up And Vader using the stormies as human shields.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by |King Joker|
thumb up And Vader using the stormies as human shields.

I edited mine to put in spoilers so get rid of the quote if you see this in time.

|King Joker|
Second issue comes out today!

ILS
Luke and Vader's fight better be dope if I buy this issue, tbh

Revanchiste
Well Antoine bandele get it so.. It's like the fan fiction on original trilogy character luke destroying tie fighter with his light saber fighting vader exterminating the all galaxy without training experience killing the emperor before the episode Vi and on his own.

ares834
Vader now has the best telekinetic feat in canon. smile

carthage
WHAT IS IT?!

appletonia
Originally posted by ares834

I highly doubt that...

ILS
Not quite the best, but it's up there. For those who want to know:

He held an AT-AT leg at bay with TK that was being stomped down on him, casually, and then started ripping apart the walker. He was only stopped because he had laser cannons fired at him. He casually burst out of the debris after and put his mask back on.

Galan007
http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/22147777_001.png http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/22147778_002.png http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/22147786_003.png http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/22147788_004.png http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/22147790_005.png

ILS
omg marvel gon' sue u

ares834
Originally posted by appletonia
I highly doubt that...

Not EU, but canon.

thumb up

ILS
Tbh that is a monstrous feat, which happens just after ANH to boot. If that's what we're seeing in issue 2, I can't wait to see what Vader is doing in like, a year.

Zenwolf
Awesome feat, tbh Vader should have the best TK feats barring Yoda/Sidious and Luke if Luke becomes all powerful again, which I could see happening.

But TK is Vader's main thing, so why not?

He can't do Force Lighting, I really don't see him using Sith Magic, can't do Force Blasts like Kun, he can't do Force Drain, etc and so on.

He's more grounded in maneuverability than most and has a more defensive style.

So I feel TK him having the best TK, would be alright with me considering his position.

carthage
Vader > Revan confirmed.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Tbh that is a monstrous feat, which happens just after ANH to boot. If that's what we're seeing in issue 2, I can't wait to see what Vader is doing in like, a year.

His own solo is this month!

ILS
Indeed? Can't wait to read it.

ChaosTheory123
Kind of underwhelming

Ahsoka and 8 Jedi Younglings that didn't even make up one of Ahsoka in power pulped a large ice cliff in TCW

Ezra and Canan levitated a large boulder about as tall as an AT-AT in rebels too.

Halting the kinetic energy of this thing is sort of underwhelming in comparison

Might have been worth a comparison if he actually did crush the AT-AT though.

The durability feat is nice though

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Indeed? Can't wait to read it.

Ya comes out the 11th!

ILS
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Kind of underwhelming

Ahsoka and 8 Jedi Younglings that didn't even make up one of Ahsoka in power pulped a large ice cliff in TCW

Ezra and Canan levitated a large boulder about as tall as an AT-AT in rebels too.

Halting the kinetic energy of this thing is sort of underwhelming in comparison

Might have been worth a comparison if he actually did crush the AT-AT though.

The durability feat is nice though gtfo this is not the math you are looking for

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by ILS
gtfo this is not the math you are looking for

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt :maybe

Not my fault the feat sucks compared to a collection of Padawans :lmao

Powerscaling exists for a reason though

appletonia
Originally posted by Zenwolf
His own solo is this month!

As well as Mark Waid's Princess Leia miniseries next month which will hopefully be bloody awesome.

ares834
Originally posted by ILS
gtfo this is not the math you are looking for

thumb up

Zenwolf
Originally posted by appletonia
As well as Mark Waid's Princess Leia miniseries next month which will hopefully be bloody awesome.

I'm hoping Marvel really expands on SW, I wanna see some Rebel Trooper/Stormtrooper focused comic stuffs too.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a sort of Galactic Law Enforcement comic series, following CorSec or the Courscant Security Force/Senate Guard.

Or an Underworld one following the Black Sun, I always found the lesser focused groups/organizations in SW very interesting and having great potential.

appletonia
They've assigned the series to 3 pretty legit writers so it's definitely promising so far.

Revanchiste

Great TK feat but not the greatest if you consider od republic era as canon...
By ignoring disney bullshit... ANd I think than we are all ignoring this shit...
Revan dooku yoda, Sidious have greater feat....

Also there is an old old sith lord who explosed the moon on korriban to show than he was a god.....................................

Yhea the asteroid belt in the ToR trailer.. Is actualy the formal moon on korriban !....

Yhea like foundry Revan it have some awsomness and few mistake..

But it still an original trilogy fan base so expect the worst at the end...

Revanchiste
Not EU, but canon.

thumb up

Canon............ Canon???? This?? Luke fighting vaderbefore they met on Bespin?????
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt
tttttttt thhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccckkk
kkkkkkkkkkkkkk??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Shadow of the empire canon great ! This canon?? No..No simply no...

Tzeentch
Originally posted by carthage
Vader > Revan confirmed. thumb up

DarthAnt66
I find it rather funny that, atm, Vader has superior TK feats then Sidious in canon lore. Nice feats. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt :maybe

https://33.media.tumblr.com/49dcb1d6f3e3f1a606560a63865d5ba9/tumblr_mr1k5opCAa1riwrmgo1_500.gif

WildBantha88
I'm having a Vader-orgasm atm

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I find it rather funny that, atm, Vader has superior TK feats then Sidious in canon lore. Nice feats. thumb up

He's not the first

Savage and Maul accomplish similar with the star ships they TKed in TCW

That said, everyone collectively gets shit on by some padawans as far as the best showings in Disney Canon goes :maybe

And rebels gets in on the fun

ares834
Lol

ChaosTheory123
Lol

Are you laughing at the fact that Padawans seem to get the best feats?

Or are you somehow trying to imply what Vader, Maul, or Savage did was actually more impressive than reducing a large ice cliff to sparse rubble and TKing a rock formation about as tall, if not taller than, an AT-AT? :hmm

If the former, yeah, it's stupid, but powerscaling exists to correct that

If the latter, you're more than free to actually try explaining why they're actually not inferior feats :maybe

You'll be doing the equivalent of verbally flailing around desperately, but you're certainly free to try

Emperordmb
I'm not convinced the entrances to these Jedi locations are opened by a feat of strength.

They seem designed to be opened by a group of Jedi, particularly the Temple on Lothal that could "only be opened by a master and a padawan" or something.

ChaosTheory123
@Emperordmb - Energy is energy

The fact they need a collective to do the feats just stresses the fact they don't possess the energy alone

To assert your opinion as valid?

You're going to need to fork over quotes suggesting that either the rock/ice is magically inclined to move without any further input than a force user targeting it or that force users combined magically get a resonance that leads to exponentially more powerful displays of force power.

Neither of which are something I'm privy to actually existing

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm not convinced the entrances to these Jedi locations are opened by a feat of strength.

They seem designed to be opened by a group of Jedi, particularly the Temple on Lothal that could "only be opened by a master and a padawan" or something.

thumb up

I'm guessing he didn't actually watch the episode and instead just screamed "feat!"

ChaosTheory123
You're welcome to substantiate a rebuttal :maybe

One liners don't really do it

Then again, from what I've observed, that's all KMC is

Well, that and spite threads :hmm

WildBantha88
Sidious has his Force choking Dooku from across the galaxy. As far as I'm concerned that is the best TK feat in the new canon

ChaosTheory123
It's the best range feat anyway

ares834
Or are you somehow trying to imply what Vader, Maul, or Savage did was actually more impressive than reducing a large ice cliff to sparse rubble and TKing a rock formation about as tall, if not taller than, an AT-AT? :hmm

Except, they didn't crush ice we here the so called "ice" sliding into place to reveal the entrance as if *gasp* it's a mechanism! That would also explain how Yoda got in despite the entrance being completely covered. Yay logic!

And the second swivels upward rather than being lifted and requires the effort of two Jedi (a single is insufficient) which once again *gasp* suggest a mechanism to open the hidden Jedi temple!

Emperordmb
@Emperordmb - Energy is energy

The fact they need a collective to do the feats just stresses the fact they don't possess the energy alone

To assert your opinion as valid?

You're going to need to fork over quotes suggesting that either the rock/ice is magically inclined to move without any further input than a force user targeting it or that force users combined magically get a resonance that leads to exponentially more powerful displays of force power.

Neither of which are something I'm privy to actually existing
How about Kanan saying only a master and an apprentice could open it together? That seems to be an odd pairing of words. Why not say more than one force user, or a force user strong enough?

Or the fact that those entrances were basically designed to be opened by the force.

Or the fact that if it's such an impressive display, any group of younglings or a master apprentice duo who just weren't as strong would just be completely rejected?

ChaosTheory123
I know the video isn't high quality, but you can clearly see the chunks of ice being reduced to not even sparse chunks of ice.

Couldn't tell you how Yoda got in, but it wasn't through opening the passage in that manner, there was no ice left to replace it when the Padawans did it and all.

Unless it just froze back of that fast :hmm

So the temple's on a track and can't be lifted straight up. The path it follows up holds no actual relevance to the mechanism by which it opens. It also falls back down again once Ezra lost focus, indicating his energy as well as Kanan's were required to keep it aloft.

Now, give me either quotes suggesting exponential resonance from energy or give me a quote that suggests the terrain does all the work for them.

ares834
I just watched in on Netflix... They sure as hell aren't crushing ice.

As as DMB already mentioned, the temple on Lothal requires two to open and to keep open. A single Jedi is insufficient which would suggest a hidden mechanism activated by two Jedi using the force.

ChaosTheory123
So

Here's what we have

Prove that a collection of force users gain an exponential boost together

Or that the terrain is doing the work for them.

I'm waiting

In the meantime?

Originally posted by Emperordmb
How about Kanan saying only a master and an apprentice could open it together? That seems to be an odd pairing of words. Why not say more than one force user, or a force user strong enough?

This is some temple for trials

Not really that surprising he's speaking in that fashion to me, seeing as what other reason does one have to come to the place without being master and pupil?

You're not actually saying anything here that contradicts my interpretation or hinders me.

Yeah, if they're not strong enough to lift the rock or break the ice, they're not getting in

Where exactly are you going with this? :hmm

ares834
We know Kanan isn't lying because we see the dead bodies of the Jedi whose padawans failed... Lol

The temple requires two to open not one.

ChaosTheory123
I just watched in on Netflix... They sure as hell aren't crushing ice.

I can fetch you screen shots, frame by frame it, and show you why you're wrong if you like :maybe

Through psychometry he gleaned that in the past the temple was opened through 2, master and apprentice. Unless the rock has a conscious thought process now, this interpretation is only how Ezra saw it and how he fed it back to Kanan.

Doesn't actually imply some hidden mechanism.

ChaosTheory123
We know Kanan isn't lying because we see the dead bodies of the Jedi whose padawans failed... Lol

The temple requires two to open not one.

Kanan also mentions they waited their in hopes their padawans would return

Or did you not actually watch the episode

They never made an effort to escape

ares834
Except I'm completely right. Sure there was some ice and snow but the vast vast majority of it were some "stone" pillars. We even here the sound of grinding stone.

And the corpses of Jedi show that he is right. It requires two, not one.

ChaosTheory123
Except I'm completely right. Sure there was some ice and snow but the vast vast majority of it were some "stone" pillars. We even here the sound of grinding stone.

They weren't stone pillars, that was ice.

As they collapsed, you could clearly see them being reduced to chunks of ice.

Either the masters weren't powerful enough to get out on there own, or, like the episode suggested?

They waited until they died without ever having tried to free themselves.

ChaosTheory123
No, seriously, instead of dodging my arguments and stone walling?

Try getting me the quotes I asked for

Or perhaps not repeat yourself ad nauseam :hmm

ares834
Nope. They most certainly were not crushed. If anyone want to check watch a higher quality version like on netflix.

Kanan also mentions they waited their in hopes their padawans would return

Or did you not actually watch the episode

They never made an effort to escape

So butthurt about being wrong that you're lying now? I just checked. He doesn't mention that they waited there in hopes that their padawans would return. He merely said their padawans didn't return.

ChaosTheory123
Nope. They most certainly were not crushed. If anyone want to check watch a higher quality version like on netflix.

I'll watch it again on Netflix then to double check

Last I remembered, as they were sliding down, they didn't disappear fast enough into the ground to have slid into place and the debris raining from the cliff face thus suggested they were crushed to me :hmm

Huh, could have sworn he mentioned or at least implied that's why they died there :hmm

That's fair enough if not. My memory isn't exactly perfect.

Still not actually addressing my questions

Quotes for force sensitives working together being exponentially more powerful or the environment somehow being the mechanism by which these things work without input of the force user.

ChaosTheory123
Upon rewatch, whether they were crushed is a bit more ambiguous than I remember :hmm

The ice appears to disappear, but this is only due to the fact it's disappearing into a pre-existing cloud of debris, thus making it harder to tell if it was truly destroyed or not

That said, while it weakens the feat some, it doesn't make it weaker than Maul and Savage's displays. Vader's might trump it had we seen how badly he'd have crushed the AT-AT.

Still looking for explanations pointing to either the environment doing the work for them, or force users together possessing exponentially more power than apart

A second hand explanation given from psychometric deductions of Ezra and Ahsoka' explanation (which would be contradicted by the fact Yoda got in there alone if they truly didn't crush the cliff to get passed) aren't actually valid points to cite.

Unless you assert rock holds sentience now.

WildBantha88
Sidious also ragdolled both Darth Maul and Savage Opress at the same time in the new canon. So yea, he has the best feats still

ChaosTheory123
He's undoubtedly so with powerscaling

This discussion is just talking conventional destructive showings from what I understood :hmm

Nephthys
Lol

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Tzeentch
thumb up

Nope. Revan still have better TK feat....

Tzeentch
Nope. thumb down Vader devours his soul.

Revanchiste
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=19652
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/palpatine-vs-revan-canon-versions-1631670/?page=3

Revan TK is his primary force abilities.... I try to find feat as Darth Revan... I just know tha he make a ship of the size of the endar spire which was stationed into orbit crash on the power generator of a city to disable the automatic artiellerie and the rest of the defence system, without damaging it.. But that's it....

Star Wars Feat - Revan's Telekinesis
Posted 04-05-2013 at 05:01 AM by ChaosTheory123
Updated 07-07-2013 at 07:33 PM by ChaosTheory123
Spoiler:
Just about the only Star Wars related thing I give a damn about is the kotor portion of the series.

Granted, I find star wars in general enjoyable (the original trilogy was fun to watch when I was younger and all that fun shit), but this is the only part of the series I'd say I'm a full "fan" of.

And skimming wookiepedia's article on Revan, I noticed in the power's and abilities list that it was mentioned he was capable of tking numerous large space rocks and use them to bombard some sith party that was fighting him.

For a ****er that managed to avoid any real quantifiable combat feats in his own starring game... that's a fairly nice feat to finally get.

The feat.

I saw and counted about 22 different asteroid's being pulled down by his TK that ended up pulverized upon impact... could have been more, but I had the audio off and wasn't listening for impacts.

Spoiler:

Sith = 88 pixels

Asteroid 1 Vertical Radius = 156 pixels

Asteroid 1 Horizontal Diameter = 388 pixels

Asteroid 2 Vertical Radius = 232 pixels

Asteroid 2 Horizontal Diameter = 334 pixels

Asteroid 1 Vertical Radius/Sith = 1.773

Asteroid 1 Horizontal Diameter/Sith = 4.409

Asteroid 2 Vertical Radius/Sith = 2.636

Asteroid 2 Horizontal Diameter/Sith = 3.795

Sith = 1.7 meters

Asteroid 1 Vertical Radius = 3.014 meters

Asteroid 1 Horizontal Diameter = 7.495 meters

Asteroid 1 Volume = 142.527 m^3

Asteroid Density = 2,700 kg/m^3

Asteroid 1 Mass = 384,822.9 kilograms

Asteroid 2 Vertical Radius (the light orange line, ignore the purple bit, that was an initial **** up) = 4.481 meters

Asteroid 2 Horizontal Diameter = 6.452 meters

Asteroid 2 Volume = 195.242 m^3

Asteroid 2 Mass = 527,153.4 kilograms

And...

Spoiler:

Sith = 65 pixels

Asteroid 3 Diameter = 212 pixels

Asteroid 3 Height = 326 pixels

Asteroid 3 Diameter/Sith = 3.262

Asteroid 3 Heigth/Sith = 5.015

Sith = 1.7 meters

Asteroid 3 Diameter = 5.545 meters

Asteroid 3 Height = 8.526 meters (also the distance it traveled in 1 frame)

Asteroid 3 Volume = 137.191 m^3

Asteroid 3 Mass = 370,415.7 kilograms

Ok, now to find the speed, which I need a time frame for.

Nice to know I can scale from the blaster fire then.

From what I've gleaned, blaster fire seems to generally be considered around mach 3-5, not to mention something about them having supplanted something called slug throwers, which themselves fire at hypersonic speeds.

I figure using mach 3 here as a low end doesn't hurt given that.

Spoiler:

Blaster Travel = 220 pixels

Sith = 169 pixels

Blaster Travel/Sith = 1.302

Blaster Travel = 2.213 meters

Blaster Speed = 1,020.87 m/s

Time Frame = 0.002 seconds

Which means the asteroid's travel at...

Asteroid Speed = 4,263 m/s

Note? Both the asteroid and blaster bolt move there respective distances in the same number of frames, namely 1.

Anyway...

This gives us...

Asteroid 1 Kinetic Energy = 3,496,725,798,000 joules or 835.738 tons

Asteroid 2 Kinetic Energy = 4,790,023,914,000 joules or 1.145 kilotons

Asteroid 3 Kinetic Energy = 3,365,813,558,000 joules or 805.026 tons

Ok, that's the individual asteroids and gives an idea of how powerful his TK is when its focus is split upon different objects.

For the full power of his TK, just multiply the average of the 3 yields gotten here by 22 (I say average, given they all appear to be similar in size in the video with some variation, and taking the average between the 3 seems fair enough here)

I COULD scale all the other 19 odd asteroids, but lazy and shit, and the result won't change much regardless.

Number of Asteroid's = 22

Average Energy Between Asteroids 1-3= 928.588 tons

Energy Exerted By Revan's TK = 20.429 kilotons

So, Revan's sporting town level TK at a minimum.

Not sure how this powerscales to other force powers, given I know jack all about how the force works, but here you go anyway.

Final Tally

Energy Exerted By Revan's TK = 20.429 kilotons

NewGuy01
It's ok, because Chaos calc'd Anakin to be something like a hundred times that.

Revanchiste
Still the best TK feat is detain by the ancient and old sih master of the golden era...

Destroying star.. The moon around Korriban to proove tha you are a god... Etc etc etc...

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's ok, because Chaos calc'd Anakin to be something like a hundred times that.

I have an alternate version of the meteor feat using the space battle over head as a speed measuring stick too (the results of which sort of dwarf Anakin's Padawan feat), fully bearing in mind that such drastic exceptions to conservation of energy on other forums may or may not be acceptable in the first place.

Where I post, we kind of chucked it off to the side as repeatedly being ignored in most series with how often bloodlusted attacks with the intent to kill in such and such series tend to fail to have as massive collateral as some earlier feat that was done far more casually, but that doesn't need to be how it operates here.

Just noting this for anyone that somehow takes my or any of our work as concrete as opposed to being one of many possible interpretations for a given feat :maybe

Originally posted by Revanchiste
Still the best TK feat is detain by the ancient and old sih master of the golden era...

Destroying star.. The moon around Korriban to proove tha you are a god... Etc etc etc...

When has Revan, or anyone not the World Razer or greater, even been implied to destroy a ****ing star of there own power?

What's this about a moon on Korriban too?

What bad piece of french fanfiction are you quoting, because in no official material (be it games, novel, or comics) has Revan ****ed up a star or moon with TK :geg

DARTH POWER
I'm late to the conversation as I get my comics delivered a week late and don't like spoilers when it comes to the new Canon material.

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Sidious has his Force choking Dooku from across the galaxy. As far as I'm concerned that is the best TK feat in the new canon

This.

Tk feats are not all about size.

But still between this comic and Palpatine himself calling Vader's Force powers unparalleled in Tarkin, it seems Disney is going to make Vader the 3rd most Powerful Jedi/Sith right behind Yoda/Sidious.

WildBantha88
Revanchiste... Revan isn't confirmed in the new canon. As far I'm concerned, when discussing new canon at least, your talking about a character that doesn't even exist

|King Joker|
Third issue out.

ares834
Well it didnt take long to have our first major continuity problem. A guy who shows up in Vader #1 was clearly decapitated here... And the ending of this comic was rather horribly decompressed.

|King Joker|
Well it didnt take long to have our first major continuity problem. A guy who shows up in Vader #1 was clearly decapitated here... And the ending of this comic was rather horribly decompressed. So much for a ****ing story group.

ILS
Is the third issue worth getting? Sub-question, is Boba Fett in it yet?

|King Joker|
He isn't, according to the Wook.

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
Is the third issue worth getting? Sub-question, is Boba Fett in it yet?

Boba is not in it, it was probably the least interesting of all the issues so far imo. Vader force chokes a dude aboard a star destroyer from planetside though, which was pretty cool.

ILS
Think I'll drop this series until Boba makes an appearance.

ares834
Originally posted by Trocity
Boba is not in it, it was probably the least interesting of all the issues so far imo. Vader force chokes a dude aboard a star destroyer from planetside though, which was pretty cool.

Coolest part about that was he didn't even have visual contact.

Trocity
thumb up

|King Joker|
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150419193337/starwars/images/7/7d/Star_Wars_Vol_2_4.jpg

Out today, babes.

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
Star Wars:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952609_Star_Wars_004-002.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952610_Star_Wars_004-003.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952611_Star_Wars_004-004.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952612_Star_Wars_004-005.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952613_Star_Wars_004-015.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952614_Star_Wars_004-016.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952615_Star_Wars_004-017.jpg

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952616_Star_Wars_004-019.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/22952618_Star_Wars_004-020.jpg

Vader delivered some absolutely epic lines there. thumb up

ares834
Good issue. A little strange so much time was devoted to Vader considering he has his own solo but, as has been typical for the Marvel comics so far, he was a bad ass. Jabba was the standout though. Loved how much of a troll he is. stick out tongue

Trocity
This was my favorite Vader line from the issue lol.

|King Joker|
Same, LOL!

Darth Abonis
I remember reading somewhere in old canon, that Vader's hearing was augmented by 8x norm, so hearing Salicious Crumb's laugh was probably agonizingly annoying.

DARTH POWER
Love the investigation into Old Ben, and can't wait to find out more.

|King Joker|
Here you go Boba fans: http://www.starwars.com/news/searching-the-desert-for-secrets-in-star-wars-5-exclusive-preview

Darth Abonis
It was pretty good. Han and Leia escaping from Imperials in a chaotic space is a little too reminiscent of Empire Strikes Back, but what else can you do without drastically altering the storyline?

Tzeentch
Drastically alter the storyline.

|King Joker|
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150603150130/starwars/images/2/23/Sana_Solo.png

Han's wife, Sana.

She's pretty at least.

Gambler
Marvel taking a huge dump on common sense...

carthage
thumb up

|King Joker|
https://40.media.tumblr.com/c6994bb944f3b79492871d104ee57e3f/tumblr_nusboutkeA1tm8cw5o1_400.png
https://41.media.tumblr.com/b2138a3232be6afdab8a29f93ab7487d/tumblr_nusboutkeA1tm8cw5o2_250.png

Shaak Ti: 4, Death: 0

ares834
Hundred year darkness is canon again as well.

|King Joker|
Shaak Ti literally can't ****ing die. Gotta respect it, tbh.

carthage
She says don't let out deaths be in vain.

|King Joker|
I think she's referring to the Jedi as a whole when she says "don't let our deaths have been in vain". But she obviously survived the initial Order 66 since she recorded the message.

I think it's unlikely she's alive by the OT or Rebels, though. But who knows when it comes to her.

Fated Xtasy
**** YES! Sel I tell you now Canon Ti is

MINE!

ares834
Not necessarily. Pretty sure Vodo's holocron talks about Exar Kun killing him for example.

|King Joker|
Not necessarily. Pretty sure Vodo's holocron talks about Exar Kun killing him for example. How does that even work?

Fated Xtasy
Holocron Avatars iirc

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, she's prolly dead kek

Darth Thor
Looks like Disney is being sensible and making sure Luke gets access to some level of force training without Yoda or Obi-Wan, making his rise to Jedi Knight by ROTJ a lot more believable.

Also just really enjoying Luke's story arc.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Holocron Avatars iirc

Well if that was the explanation in the Old Canon then it probably is in the new canon as well Lol

So all that reading of Legends wasn't a waste of time after all.

Darth Abonis
I liked the latest issue, I truly did, I'm just a little in disbelief that Luke survived a multi-story fall with absolutely zero damage to him. Also, the firefight between the TIE pilots and Han, Leia and Sana was pretty much your average good-guys-can't-get-hit-from-point-blank.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I liked the latest issue, I truly did, I'm just a little in disbelief that Luke survived a multi-story fall with absolutely zero damage to him. Also, the firefight between the TIE pilots and Han, Leia and Sana was pretty much your average good-guys-can't-get-hit-from-point-blank.

Well the pilots were ordered to apprehend them, not kill em so...there ya go. That and Sana's ship came in to also start blasting, so...yeah.

Darth Abonis
Well the pilots were ordered to apprehend them, not kill em so...there ya go. That and Sana's ship came in to also start blasting, so...yeah.

Fine, but Luke surviving that drop was completely ridiculous. That fall was at least 20 stories high. Probably much more as we are talking about an encumenopolis. Not even the Force can grant that type of durability, and the thief certainly shouldn't have survived. Then Luke gets punched by a 400 lb Hutt. What is he. Made of duranium?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Fine, but Luke surviving that drop was completely ridiculous. That fall was at least 20 stories high. Probably much more as we are talking about an encumenopolis. Not even the Force can grant that type of durability, and the thief certainly shouldn't have survived. Then Luke gets punched by a 400 lb Hutt. What is he. Made of duranium?

Why couldn't Luke survive that? He did land on some fruit...well that and plus Anakin took way worse in Ep 2 where he smashed landed on a fast moving airspeeder and had no visible damage after.

Don't see why Luke can't survive.

FreshestSlice
Jedi even did similar things in TCW. Anakin and Ahsoka both fell stories and used only the Force to land.

Darth Thor
Anakin and Ahsoka pretty much Skydive without Parachutes.

By the beginning of ESB Luke already showed he can fall from an AT-AT into the snow without any harm. And we know how far he can fall at the end of ESB. This comic is just showing he could do that sort of thing well before ESB.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Anakin and Ahsoka pretty much Skydive without Parachutes.

By the beginning of ESB Luke already showed he can fall from an AT-AT into the snow without any harm. And we know how far he can fall at the end of ESB. This comic is just showing he could do that sort of thing well before ESB.

Had forgotten that one, he also hit the ground feet first in the snow.

Darth Abonis
I guess.

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/42bd9da0e7af31cd92a9876e59a469db/tumblr_nusmdqk34J1tm8cw5o1_540.png

Oppo Rancisis & Tera Sinube, yayyy.

carthage
Does this take place after ANH?

ares834
Yes.

Zenwolf
So new issue was pretty nice, I have a tad complaint though about it. But the stuff with luke is shaping up to be interesting.

carthage
What was that monster on the cover that was standing above Luke?

carthage
has this comic made any new developments?

Darth Thor
Between these comics and the Luke novels the new canon is going out of its way to show how hard Luke trained between ANH and ESB in the ways of the force and lightsaber combat.

Him not having a Master was clearly compensated by his curiosity to learn more, his eagerness to become a Jedi and the harsh combat situations he was constantly put in.

Zenwolf
So the newest issue was good, Luke fighting some giant mechanical rancor thing of sorts, wonder how he's gonna get out of that one.

The Gamemaster is...pretty interesting, I would like to know more about him.

Darth Thor

The Gamemaster is...pretty interesting, I would like to know more about him.

Yeah and he gave Luke sine hardcore Gladiator training.

He reported back to a Tie Fighter, so I'm guessing he's an Imperial spy.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah and he gave Luke sine hardcore Gladiator training.

He reported back to a Tie Fighter, so I'm guessing he's an Imperial spy.

He also seems to be a Force User, given he's able to use a lightsaber and seems to have knowledge of the Jedi and could tell how far along Luke was with his training.

Inquisitor perhaps?

Guess we'll see I suppose, though it's nice this new canon is also giving out some interesting characters like the old canon did.

carthage
Any news on this current issue/scans?

Darth Thor
Just downloaded Star Wars 12. But am I supposed to read this before or after Vader Down?

carthage
I have no idea, I am only now catching up on this series.

Darth Thor
Ah yes it somes first. Vader Down is the first part of Vader Down which will continue in Darth Vader 13 then Star Wars 13:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Vader_Down

I was confused because up to Star Wars 11 it hadn't caught up to where Vader 12 was saying Luke is, or to a point where they can crossover.

Zenwolf
I like how TIE pilots laid wasted to Magnaguards. :P

Also I'm kinda disappointed that the Gamemaster was just a Stormtrooper.

I was kinda hoping he'd be apart of Imperial Intelligence, as I feel this would have made a great re-introduction of the Imperial Agents.

I'm not too disappointed, but slightly...although interesting enough, Kreel doesn't seem to be human given his red skin. So perhaps the Empire has Near-Human species in their Stormtrooper ranks?

ares834
Damn, Kreel is the most badass Stormtrooper ever. Very glad he is still alive. Hopefully we see more of him in the future.

Zenwolf
Damn, Kreel is the most badass Stormtrooper ever. Very glad he is still alive. Hopefully we see more of him in the future.

I smell a Stormtrooper mini with him in da works. :P

But yeah, I too wanna see more of the guy.

FreshestSlice

I'm not too disappointed, but slightly...although interesting enough, Kreel doesn't seem to be human given his red skin. So perhaps the Empire has Near-Human species in their Stormtrooper ranks?
Are you implying red skin stops you from being human?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Are you implying red skin stops you from being human?

Never said he wasn't human or well full but near human. Though the red skin could just be from something he did to himself or the hutt did.

Still though, near human Stormies sound interesting.

FreshestSlice
Near-humans aren't human. Like at all. It would be like saying a tiger is a lion it vice versa.

Zenwolf
Closely related. Regardless though, moving on from petty words.

I find it kinda odd with Han and Chewie wielding lightsabers along with the Gamemaster and those two Panther guys, are they getting rid the lightsaber being a Jedi/Sith only weapon now?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Near-humans aren't human. Like at all. It would be like saying a tiger is a lion it vice versa.
Yeah but a liger is half lion and half tiger. He could very well be a cross between a human and something else, much the same way Dathomirians are a mix between Zabraks and Humans.

FreshestSlice
I was going more of the he could be Sith-Human, which means he's completely human because Sith aren't aliens punchline.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.