Star Wars: Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
New canon Marvel comic coming out called Star Wars: Darth Vader. I'm reaaalllly looking forward to this. What do y'all think?

Issue covers so far:
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140726223904/starwars/images/e/e8/Star_Wars_Darth_Vader.png
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141118210037/starwars/images/b/b0/Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_2_Cover.jpg
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141216192913/starwars/images/d/d3/Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_3_Cover.jpg
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150119155252/starwars/images/f/f0/Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_4.png

Zenwolf
Hope it's awesome and shows Vader kicking ass! Also of course the Empire too!

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141118210037/starwars/images/b/b0/Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_2_Cover.jpg

Vader looking fabulous doing his runway strut.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Vader looking fabulous doing his runway strut.

He got that swag goin.

NewGuy01
So we see Vader with his own crew, consisting of new droids and a Juno-type. We also see Vader fighting Battle Droids, so this is probably just after he gets the suit if the Confederacy is still around.

ares834
Nope. It's after ANH and set concurrently with the Star Wars comic.

NewGuy01
Strange.

ares834
He is apparently trying to assemble his own droid army or something.

carthage
Vader is the greatest Sith of all time, and that first image was the wallpaper on my laptop before my hardrive died sad

|King Joker|
Vader is canonically the most fabulous Sith Lord, yes.

Angelalex242
No Mara, though. I want to be notified the instant anyone sees a redhead lurking about...

Emperordmb
Darth Vowrawn's pretty fabulous.

DARTH POWER

The_Tempest

I never thought in a million years Darth Vader could look gay.

I was wrong.

ILS
Not gay, fabulous*

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I never thought in a million years Darth Vader could look gay.

I was wrong.

Yeah, certainly not as "Let me take you into my basement and have my way with you" as this prize winning glance

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/avatar/darth-sidious-21062.jpg

ILS
LMFAO

The_Tempest
Yes, but there's something undeniably masculine about Palpatine's latent pedophilia.

Vader's strut is embarrassing.

carthage
Vader struts because he is a badass, whose shiny black armor of death glimmers in the fiery flames of his furnace heart.

Sheev stares voraciously at the arses of young men so he can enter their outer rims.

Vader >>> Palpatine, suck it up fanboy

The_Tempest
Vader looks like he's auditioning for Coruscant's Next Top Model.

Sheev is contemplating which orifice shall receive his mighty weapon.

Sheev is clearly dominant.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by carthage
Vader struts because he is a badass, whose shiny black armor of death glimmers in the fiery flames of his furnace heart.

Sheev stares voraciously at the arses of young men so he can enter their outer rims.

Vader >>> Palpatine, suck it up fanboy

LMAO

And so true.

The_Tempest
http://www.troll.me/images/grinning-emperor-palpatine/u-mad.jpg

DARTH POWER
Again I'm supposed to be Mad over something?

What is it I'm supposed to be so Mad about all the time?

Is it ILS claiming Dave Filoni has nothing to do with SW Canon? The same guy who couldn't understand a simple sentence by Filoni regarding the Mual/Vizsla fight, even after pretty much everyone reading tries to explain it to him?

Or is it you believing Sidious being the most Powerful Sith Must make him everyone's favorite. He's still a Pedo. He was clearly eyeing up 10 year old Anakin in TPM. Pedo's are not cool dude! But seriously dude, what you're into is your business. I really don't care.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Again I'm supposed to be Mad over something?

What is it I'm supposed to be so Mad about all the time?

Is it ILS claiming Dave Filoni has nothing to do with SW Canon? The same guy who couldn't understand a simple sentence by Filoni regarding the Mual/Vizsla fight, even after pretty much everyone reading tries to explain it to him?

Or is it you believing Sidious being the most Powerful Sith Must make him everyone's favorite. He's still a Pedo. He was clearly eyeing up 10 year old Anakin in TPM. Pedo's are not cool dude! But seriously dude, what you're into is your business. I really don't care.

mmm

This is apropos of nothing and uncharacteristically aggressive of you... which pleases me. But you are obviously upset at something.

ILS
He is getting quite worked up, isn't he?

Nephthys
U mad bro, the ultimate internet putdown.

DARTH POWER
Yeah yeah, I'm clearly ANGRY..

And you 2 clearly aren't TROLLING me.

carthage
I'm reporting you ILS your post history of harassing DP dies today.

The_Tempest
Dude, I didn't rub anything about Sidious in your face and you came out of the gate swinging at me lol.

I love the banter, but clearly you're pretty peeved for some reason.

ILS
I can now see steam gushing out of DARTH POWER's post boxes, increasing in quantity with every capitalized word.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit pleased by it.

carthage
Wtf you liar. You insinuated Vader is gay, that's unforgivable.

The_Tempest
Wtf you liar. You insinuated Vader is gay, that's unforgivable.

Nay. I said Vader looks gay. Which he did in that photo. What the artist did was unforgivable, says I.

DARTH POWER
Dude, I didn't rub anything about Sidious in your face and you came out of the gate swinging at me lol.

You serious?

I didn't say anything to you, until you decided to just jump in saying I'm peeved. I realize ILS needs someone to hold his hand, but seriously he's a grown man (I'm assuming) and can back up his own arguments.

Edit- Wait that weren't addressed at me. Still point about you coming in to hold ILS's hand stands.

ILS
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I realize ILS needs someone to hold his hand I find this offensive and hostile.

carthage
Nay. I said Vader looks gay. Which he did in that photo. What the artist did was unforgivable, says I.

And you act like Sheev doesn't have his share of less than beautiful pictures facepalm

Get a load of the beak on this loser!

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120221235634/starwars/images/8/8d/TheEndOfDarthPlageusTheWise-SWGs6.jpg

You can land a plane on that thing, and those jowls hang lower than a nutsack!

The_Tempest
DP... you are peeved. You're usually one of the milder posters here. For you to be so aggressive with ILS is indicative of anger. And then for you to react so strongly to me observing that you're angry is only further proof of that anger. erm

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
I can now see steam gushing out of DARTH POWER's post boxes, increasing in quantity with every capitalized word.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit pleased by it.

Lol Of course you are.

You annoying me is the closest you'll ever get to annoying Filoni.

But honestly no one really cares that you ignore Canon. You're free to make up all your own little SW rules for your own little SW World.

Originally posted by ILS
I find this offensive and hostile.

laughing

DP... you are peeved. You're usually one of the milder posters here. For you to be so aggressive with ILS is indicative of anger. And then for you to react so strongly to me observing that you're angry is only further proof of that anger. erm

Sure dude, whatever.

The_Tempest
Calm down, Deep. All will be well.

carthage
roll eyes (sarcastic)

The_Tempest
And you act like Sheev doesn't have his share of less than beautiful pictures facepalm

Get a load of the beak on this loser!

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120221235634/starwars/images/8/8d/TheEndOfDarthPlageusTheWise-SWGs6.jpg

You can land a plane on that thing, and those jowls hang lower than a nutsack!

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i53/5/10/8/frabz-I-am-defenseless-Take-your-weapon-Come-at-me-bro-dbd9c8.jpg

NTJack0
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-V9y_ntrym8I/UEenaZm8kaI/AAAAAAAAA8M/hNdFWRStsX8/s350/0YtuPr1346876660.jpg

carthage
That's not how Emperor Binks speaks

Darth Abonis
Anyways, I'm a little dubious on Vader retracing a lot of his steps. Tatooine, Geonosis..... Does anybody know Gillen's work?

ares834
He was great on his Loki series. Anyway, Vader going to Tatooine after ANH makes sense.

Darth Abonis
He was great on his Loki series. Anyway, Vader going to Tatooine after ANH makes sense.

I guess to investigate his son, but I always liked the thought that the painful memories kept Vader away from Tatooine forever.

|King Joker|
Issue #2 Variant Cover: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150205215404/starwars/images/thumb/1/17/Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_Vol_1_2_Dave_Dorman_Variant.jpg/122px-Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_Vol_1_2_Dave_Dorman_Variant.jpg

|King Joker|
First issue is out today!

Zenwolf
Just finished reading the 1st issue! A good start, rather interesting that

General Tagge survived the DS destruction, should be interesting to see how he comes in as a character.

But interesting to see how the 2nd issue plays out.

carthage
Vader is the Sith'ari

Revanchiste
Vader is the Sith'ari
He could have became.....

ares834
Decent. Not as good as SW 1 or 2 though.

|King Joker|
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/star-wars-darth-vader-1-review

Darth Abonis
It sucked

|King Joker|
Why? I'm hearing that most people think it's pretty great.

|King Joker|
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150217210101/starwars/images/thumb/2/25/Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_5.jpg/650px-Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_5.jpg

GUYS I AM HYPERVENTILATING RIGHT NOW GUESS WHOSE LIGHTSABER COLORS MATCH THAT ****ING COVER??? GUESS YOU PIECES OF SHIT!!!! AHSOKA ****ING GODDAMN TANO THAT'S WHO OH MY GOD

That's issue number 5's cover.

FreshestSlice
I hope Vader kills her. Then his descent will be complete.

|King Joker|

Dark-Kenshin
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150217210101/starwars/images/thumb/2/25/Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_5.jpg/650px-Star_Wars_Darth_Vader_5.jpg

GUYS I AM HYPERVENTILATING RIGHT NOW GUESS WHOSE LIGHTSABER COLORS MATCH THAT ****ING COVER??? GUESS YOU PIECES OF SHIT!!!! AHSOKA ****ING GODDAMN TANO THAT'S WHO OH MY GOD

That's issue number 5's cover. Is this canon? I hope not. I'd rather he kill her in the show than in a comic book. confused

|King Joker|
They won't kill her in a comic book. If they did I'd hire assassins to eliminate them.

|King Joker|
Honestly, it might not even be actually her. He could be hallucinating or Sidious playing so games with him. Who knows. All I know is that there's no chance they'll kill her in so comic.

FreshestSlice
I want to believe.

carthage
Vader needs to kill Ventress, Vos, Maul, and Tano. Suck on that ILS

|King Joker|
I want Tano to curbstomp Vader to piss off Ahsoka haters. That would be amusing.

ares834
Vader needs to kill Ventress, Vos, Maul, and Tano. Suck on that ILS

thumb up

All at once. In under a page.

Emperordmb
Vader needs to win that fight. I don't want them turning Vader into another Grievous and having him pussy out of every fight.

carthage
It's not going to be a fight he's going to gut her, take a dump on her corpse, mince her offal up, and feed it to Filoni

|King Joker|
That... isn't going to happen.

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Vader needs to win that fight. I don't want them turning Vader into another Grievous and having him pussy out of every fight.

With Marvel at the helm that's not really a worry. Now if it was Dark Horse, yeah it would be. If also expect him to break down into tears about how he failed her after his defeat.

Dark-Kenshin
I dunno. The TCW made Grievous into a bumbling buffoon. If the wrong writer gets his hands on it, Vader, while pursuing Ezra in a dark corridor, will slip and fall on some well place roller skates and Ezra, before escaping, will stop, look at the fourth wall and make a pun like "looks like he's fallen for me!"

ares834
The writer still has to get the "ok" from Marvel. And they aren't going to let Vader be turned into a buffoon.

ILS
The yellow and green lightsabers could also theoretically be Ventress and Vos.
Vader needs to kill Ventress, Vos, Maul, and Tano. Suck on that ILS Kill yourself.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
I dunno. The TCW made Grievous into a bumbling buffoon. If the wrong writer gets his hands on it, Vader, while pursuing Ezra in a dark corridor, will slip and fall on some well place roller skates and Ezra, before escaping, will stop, look at the fourth wall and make a pun like "looks like he's fallen for me!"

That would be awesome. It would be even better if Vader slipped on some wet paint from one of Sabine's paint bombs.

|King Joker|
I'd like to note that the yellow saber is (obviously) not a shoto like Ahsoka's.

ILS

ares834
Yep, it's from the solicit.

|King Joker|

Emperordmb
Emperor's secrets? Such as his three eyed woman fetish?

carthage
Just finished the first Issue and while it was uneventful, there were a few funny showings of him killing a bunch of Tuskens and choking Jabba.

Decent issue, and can't wait for Vader #2

|King Joker|
Yeah, coming out Feb. 25th.

Darth Abonis
Why? I'm hearing that most people think it's pretty great.

I just thought it was a re-hash of the movies. Vader entering Jabba's lair just like Luke and choking him just like Leia. Its just too much of a parallel. Boba having a Wookiee partner is such a cliche mirror of Han and Chewie, having Tagge survive is just grasping for ideas. Gillen tried to go deep with having Vader slaughter Tuskens, yet why is that necessary. He did that in AOTC. Its showed his descent to the Dark side, and now he's their, he doesn't have to murder random people.

I like how it ties in Jason Aaron's Star Wars though. One of the variant covers of Issue 3 has Palpatine casting lightning, so I'm hoping to god that in that issue he zaps Vader a little for failing to secure Cymoon 1, and the destruction of the Death Star. He needs a spanking.

|King Joker|

carthage
He needs to kill Vos and Ventress, it needs to happen.

|King Joker|
Never.

Emperordmb
For once, I actually agree with Carthage.

carthage
I wonder if Vos and Ventress are done after the novel

ILS
I think Vos should kill Ventress and Vader by himself. Ventress right at the beginning of Dark Discliples, and then Vader in issue 2 of his own series (he uses Ventress's saber after he kills her, hence the two sabers in the issue cover). Then after issue 2, the title should just be renamed "Quinlan Vos"

Who agrees?

ares834
Vader killing Tuskens was stupid as f***. They need to distance themselves from that movie as much as possible.

deathslash
Vader needs to kill Ventress, Vos, Maul, and Tano. Suck on that ILS that also hurts my feelings too bro. Anyway, king joker has been misleading all of you. The Alex Ross Variant covers are the only ones that matter.Originally posted by ILS
I think Vos should kill Ventress and Vader by himself. Ventress right at the beginning of Dark Discliples, and then Vader in issue 2 of his own series (he uses Ventress's saber after he kills her, hence the two sabers in the issue cover). Then after issue 2, the title should just be renamed "Quinlan Vos"

Who agrees? that would be epic as s***.

DARTH POWER
Boba Fett's first mission for Vader.. Me Like

|King Joker|
Second issue out today.

ares834
This was a noticeable improvement on the first issue. Vader shows he is far more than a "blunt instrument".

FreshestSlice
Vader killing Tuskens was stupid as f***. They need to distance themselves from that movie as much as possible.
"I feel...I feel...like sand!"

carthage
probably ordering it tomorrow.

Got no cash today

ILS
I thought that second issue was piss-poor, tbh.

carthage
dont ruin it for me you son of a Binks

ILS
There's nothing important to ruin, at all.

Darth Abonis
Ehh, 2 wasn't good either. I'm scared for this series.

Zenwolf
2nd one was meh....nice to see though some development for Tagge however. Hopefully this series will pick up though, not quite keen on letting it go because of 2 issues.

ILS
But Tagge sucks.

|King Joker|
Is it bad just because nothing happens or other reasons?

ILS
Nothing happens.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
But Tagge sucks.

How so? The dude was smart enough to leave the DS and come up with some brilliant planning in just 1 issue alone. Not to mention making Grand General.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
Nothing happens. I guess I shouldn't waste money on it then.

ares834
Is it bad just because nothing happens or other reasons?

Plenty happens. Tagge makes his adjunct keep watch on Vader. But, during a raid on a pirate base, Vader forges data to make Tagge's adjunct appear to be a traitor.

All in all a far better issue than the first. Better dialogue, better story, and no obnoxious callbacks to the films.

The_Tempest
The first issue wasn't bad. Vader was depicted pretty well; it's just very hard to find the proper story for him. He's too powerful and too important for the otherwise mundane stories in which we find him.

Nephthys
Which is a fundamental issue for me with the Rebellion Era expanded materials. There's just not much interesting happening and it's hard to do properly with characters like Vader for the reasons you stated. Its why the EU kept having to create new super powerful Force Users and inane plot devices to make the stories exciting.

It's why I like Rebels so much. It's good to be able to restart small and build up again rather than trying to stretch to maintain the high levels Vader needs to operate in.

ILS
They should give Vader a proper antagonist.

carthage
Still gonna pick it up next week.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
They should give Vader a proper antagonist. Agreed. thumb up

Nephthys
Kind of hard when Vader is the antagonist.

ILS
Not in his own series.

Selenial

That's issue number 5's cover.

BTW, hand in the reflection of Vader's eye is a human hand, I'd put a large amount of money on that being Ventress and Vos... (Which I know a lot of you mentioned)

And that'd be kind of badass to be honest, especially when he beats the shit out of them...

|King Joker|
I can't see shit in his eyes.

Selenial
iPhone zoom is real stick out tongue

Galan007
I guess I shouldn't waste money on it then. Quite a bit happens, actually. There's just no "Z0MG teh UBER!11!!!11!" battle board feats to speak of--which is why a few feat-mongers might claim that nothing happened.

As far as I'm concerned, this issue does what a book should do: help build the overall story/plot... And it does so very well, imo.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Which is a fundamental issue for me with the Rebellion Era expanded materials. There's just not much interesting happening and it's hard to do properly with characters like Vader for the reasons you stated. Its why the EU kept having to create new super powerful Force Users and inane plot devices to make the stories exciting.

It's why I like Rebels so much. It's good to be able to restart small and build up again rather than trying to stretch to maintain the high levels Vader needs to operate in.

1. Agreed.

2. lol that's not why you like Rebels.

|King Joker|
He likes SWR 'cause he wants to bang Sabine. Obviously.

ILS
Originally posted by Galan007
Quite a bit happens, actually. There's just no "Z0MG teh UBER!11!!!11!" battle board feats to speak of--which is why a few feat-mongers might claim that nothing happened.

As far as I'm concerned, this issue does what a book should do: help build the overall story/plot... And it does so very well, imo. How can you even have a good story without good feats, though?

Galan007
...By having a good story. none

ILS
..maybe the story would be beefed up if Vader did more than destroy a couple droidekas every issue. no expression

I mean, if that's what you enjoy, then.. fair do's.

Nephthys
1. Agreed.

2. lol that's not why you like Rebels.

Its part of it.

ares834
The first issue wasn't bad. Vader was depicted pretty well; it's just very hard to find the proper story for him. He's too powerful and too important for the otherwise mundane stories in which we find him.

Which is why I like what this series is doing. They aren't giving Vader a physical enemy but rather a political one.

Originally posted by Galan007
Quite a bit happens, actually. There's just no "Z0MG teh UBER!11!!!11!" battle board feats to speak of--which is why a few feat-mongers might claim that nothing happened.

As far as I'm concerned, this issue does what a book should do: help build the overall story/plot... And it does so very well, imo.

thumb up

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ILS
How can you even have a good story without good feats, though?

You have a good story by having good characters that people love. Feats are all well and good but they aren't the reason we read/watch. We read/watch to see more of those characters. Many of my favourite characters don't have many "feats" as such.

ILS
Originally posted by chilled monkey
You have a good story by having good characters that people love. Feats are all well and good but they aren't the reason we read/watch. We read/watch to see more of those characters. Many of my favourite characters don't have many "feats" as such. So you're reading Vader's title to see him being bossed around by boring Imperials and destroy droidekas? Cool. I kind of preferred the series where dudes are trying to drop an AT-AT on Vader but that's just me.

FreshestSlice
You're definitely into the wrong series if compelling dialogue, grey and interesting plots, and understandable antagonists is the what you came for. I definitely don't come back for the characters. I treasure the ones I do find and enjoy, but the vast majority of them in the vast majority of the stories they appear in are, well, awful.

The_Tempest
"Grey" lol.

Don't get me wrong, morally grey has its place, but a story doesn't have to be that particular color to be good or compelling.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ILS
So you're reading Vader's title to see him being bossed around by boring Imperials and destroy droidekas? Cool. I kind of preferred the series where dudes are trying to drop an AT-AT on Vader but that's just me.

Nah, I'm not reading this series at all since I don't give a filoffal about Vader.

Now if it were a series about a character(s) I actually liked, then I'd read it.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
So I definitely don't come back for the characters.

Then why read/watch at all?

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
So I treasure the ones I do find and enjoy,

That's what I mean.

ILS
So to summarize Vader is only cool when he's TKing stuff and breathing.

Tzeentch
Is your username an acronym for something?

ILS
Yeah, "i_like_swords"

Tzeentch
Hey man, that's pretty cool. I like swords too.

ILS
I- I thought it was just me.. awesome.

FreshestSlice
"Grey" lol.

Don't get me wrong, morally grey has its place, but a story doesn't have to be that particular color to be good or compelling.
A bunch of mustache twirling, "I'm evil because why not," Disney(not to knock Marvel or anything) villains. Yeah, totes compelling.
There are many shades of grey(don't say shit). All of them are better than black and white.
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Then why read/watch at all?

I don't need a reason to watch something. If I had to pick one it's for the setting and idea of Star Wars. I've never been here for the story.

No, it's not really. Your statement implies you're interesting in Star Wars for those things. I said I can be interested regardless of the lack of those things.

|King Joker|
Black Krrsantan's cool.

ILS
Black Krrsantan's cool. thumb up

The_Tempest
Nah. Black/white can be done very well. You need only look at the OT for that.

Tzeentch
And the PT for an example of how shit grey on top of grey can be. thumb up

carthage
I am butthurt that the OT is better than the PT

thumb up

The_Tempest
That doesn't make sense.

FreshestSlice
Nah. Black/white can be done very well. You need only look at the OT for that.
Tbh, the OT has a meh story. It's just presented well. Contrast that to the PT which has a okaish story that's presented awfully.

|King Joker|
Well, I guess we know for sure (kinda) that isn't Ahsoka in the #5 cover. Ahsoka has white sabers now. But it still could be a vision or something.

|King Joker|
Just read issues 1 and 2. To be honest I liked the second better.

Darth Abonis
Just read issues 1 and 2. To be honest I liked the second better.

1 was horrible, and 2 was boring as hell....

carthage
So did Vader redirect the missile in that Droideka scene, implode it on the droidekas, or cause the droids to explode and take the missile out with it?

ares834
He pretty clearly redirected the missiles.

carthage
Ah ok

5/10 feat for Vader

Zenwolf
So Vader has a fangirl...I approve of this and find it extremely hilarious. In fact, a lot of this new issue was hilarious even Vader.

|King Joker|
ISSUE #6 COVER: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150317184416/starwars/images/thumb/7/74/Darth_Vader_6_Full.png/400px-Darth_Vader_6_Full.png
ISSUE #7 COVER: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150317184352/starwars/images/thumb/e/e9/Darth_Vader_7_Full.png/400px-Darth_Vader_7_Full.png

carthage
Anyone get the issue yet?

Zenwolf
Anyone get the issue yet?

I did, it was amusing. Vader has a fangirl.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>