Taskmaster Vs Ozymandias

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Comics versions. H2H. No gear. No prep.

DarkSaint85
Taskmaster.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Taskmaster.
Easily? Good fight?

DarkSaint85
It's a good fight, until Taskmaster busts out the moves he's learnt.

The problem is, as always, the limited small pond that Ozy draws from. Sure , he's the smartest man, and from that, and based on the way he tooled the others, I would GENEROUSLY give him the title of best fighter.

But still, he's the best of a small world. Not to mention, he has never seen anyone with actual powers like Tasky. That would SURELY throw him off, once Taskmaster starts with the copying. Even if he works it out, and tries to use it to his advantage (being super smart)...what could he do that others haven't tried ? Attempt to play possum by getting himself beat up? Punisher/Moon Knight do the same, and better.

He is fast, sure. So is Tasky. Strength is a wash. But skills....that is what will matter here. Especially when he can utilise styles Ozy has never seen before.

riv6672
It's a good fight, until Taskmaster busts out the moves he's learnt.

The problem is, as always, the limited small pond that Ozy draws from. Sure , he's the smartest man, and from that, and based on the way he tooled the others, I would GENEROUSLY give him the title of best fighter.

But still, he's the best of a small world. Not to mention, he has never seen anyone with actual powers like Tasky. That would SURELY throw him off, once Taskmaster starts with the copying. Even if he works it out, and tries to use it to his advantage (being super smart)...what could he do that others haven't tried ? Attempt to play possum by getting himself beat up? Punisher/Moon Knight do the same, and better.

He is fast, sure. So is Tasky. Strength is a wash. But skills....that is what will matter here. Especially when he can utilise styles Ozy has never seen before.
Simply a superb synopsis, sir. thumb up wink

Magnon
Ozymandias is smarter, stronger, and faster (in the long run).

Taskmaster is more diverse and versatile in fighting skills and can adopt to his opponent's style. Tasky can also match, and maybe even overcome, Ozy's speed for a short period of time (but cannot keep it up for long).

... I would say this is a very even fight. Either one could take it.

DarkSaint85
Stronger? Faster?

Ozy's best speed feat is this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/41224/3029247-ozymandias+1.jpg
So he's actually attacking Lori BEFORE she fires (the hiiiii-yaa bit), as evidenced by the * as he gets hit. He's facing her, and already moving. She just shoots at him, and Ozy catches it in his head, bleeding.

This is how Taskmaster catches bullets:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/67145/1257573-marvel_comics___taskmaster__004_21.jpg

Perhaps Udon is not to your taste? Here he is (dressed as Deadpool) deflecting AND catching bullets fired by a determined Black Widow (who, I wager, is a better markswoman than a stunned Lori):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/67145/1257575-thunderbolts_131___09_copy.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/67145/1257577-thunderbolts_131___10_copy.jpg

riv6672
Whoa...

Magnon
Stronger? Faster?
Originally posted by Magnon
Tasky can also match, and maybe even overcome, Ozy's speed for a short period of time (but cannot keep it up for long).

It has been established in canon that whenever he is using "bullet-speed" moves he is causing damage to himself; his normal-human physique cannot quite withstand the stress of replicating superhuman speeds. But if you had read my post you'd seen I already acknowledged that Tasky may be able to briefly surpass Ozy's speed.

Werewolf582
Tasky

pym-ftw
Tasky needs more love, in his first appearence he fought Ironman

The Master of Tasks wins big if he has his gear on him, H2H its a lot closer but TM will beat him with some oddball move.

Vixal1
Taskmaster easily

krisblaze
Yeah wth, easy win for Taskmaster.

If before Watchmen taught us anything is that while he's pretty über, Ozymandias is still very human

riv6672
Most say good fight, with a TM win.

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
Most say good fight, with a TM win.
Most didn't read before watchmen.

riv6672
To be fair, how many of them read before Watchmen?

-wonders if kris will get that dumb joke-

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
To be fair, how many of them read before Watchmen?

-wonders if kris will get that dumb joke-

stick out tongue

I didn't even breathe.

riv6672
No way! I picked it up monthly...sad

Golgo13
Tasky.

riv6672
Seems to be the consensus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.