Batgirl vs Elektra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is Cassie. Pre Reboot.

Who wins?

carver9
No one?

Golgo13
Electra mind rapes.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by Golgo13
Electra mind rapes.

cdtm
Cass stomps.

carver9
I'm pretty sure you all knew I meant for this to be a fight instead of mind attacks, right?

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
I'm pretty sure you all knew I meant for this to be a fight instead of mind attacks, right?

That's what I figured.

Because it would be spite otherwise. Cass got mind raped by a random tper in her solo series.

Werewolf582

With no mind attacks Cass will win.

Silent Master

So you want to remove one of Elektra's attack options?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Silent Master

Carver is such a Golgo sometimes.

carver9
Without TP, this isn't spite. With it, it is.

Werewolf582

Who do you think wins?

cdtm

How often does she use it?

While my Elektra collection is far from complete, I've got a pretty decent number of showings, and she never goes to tp for offense. To hear debates on boards, you'd think it's as common for her as the Canary Cry is for Black Canary..

Silent Master

So you believe that Elektra wins even without TP?

Werewolf582
Originally posted by cdtm
How often does she use it?

While my Elektra collection is far from complete, I've got a pretty decent number of showings, and she never goes to tp for offense. To hear debates on boards, you'd think it's as common for her as the Canary Cry is for Black Canary..

She doesn't use it as much as she should.

Werewolf582
So because Tp is not allowed, how will Elektra deal with Cass predicting her every move?

carver9
To all...I don't know who wins. That's why I made this.

Golgo13
Without any Jedi mind tricks? Probably split or edge to Cass, since her body reading capability.

BruceSkywalker
strictly h2h then Cassie beats the shiite out of her

SamZED
Wow. KMC sure has changed. Two years ago it'd be "lol Elektra roflstomps" in 90% of the posts.

relentless1
Originally posted by SamZED
Wow. KMC sure has changed. Two years ago it'd be "lol Elektra roflstomps" in 90% of the posts.

Batgirl roflstomps

StiltmanFTW
Next thread: Bat-cow vs Solus. Don't expect people to make sense, ever.

Someone needs to bump Elektra's respect thread.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Next thread: Bat-cow vs Solus. Don't expect people to make sense, ever.

Someone needs to bump Elektra's respect thread.

Much as I love Elektra, and know full well how awesome she is, there was as much an anti Cass sentiment as a recognition of her feats..

The girl stood stock still in front of a sniper rifle, for crying out loud, and just stood there while the bullet was in route, moving at the last minute. Twice. If Cap did that, fans would eat it up and proclaim him more godly then ever, but Cass does it and her feats get nitpicked to death..

StiltmanFTW
I think it worked both ways; plenty underestimated her, but also plenty viewed BG as a mix of Batman, Taskmaster, Mister X and Neo from Matrix.

carver9
Doesn't Cap have a showing of him out running bullets?

StiltmanFTW
Kinda sorta, yes. Red Skull instance comes to mind.

Silent Master
I still remember h1 trying to argue that Cap didn't really bullet time, IIRC he argued that those 3 shots missed off-panel, so Red Skull fired 3 more shots also off-panel and it was the second group of shots that Cap blocked.

juggernaut74
Wow. KMC sure has changed. Two years ago it'd be "lol Elektra roflstomps" in 90% of the posts. That's because DumDum, srank, and jinzin all three miraculously disappeared all at the same time. Odd if you ask me.

Silent Master
I think they realized just how badly Logan sucks, so they swore to stop posting until the shame of their previous support is forgotten.

StiltmanFTW
Dumdum stopped posting after losing some b-zone against a z-list poster.

Srank left much later. Jinzin hardly ever posts now, but still drops by. At least that was the case several months ago, not sure anymore.

cdtm
Jinzin's allright, sans the Logan love. He definitely knows his stuff.

abhilegend
Because srank had to lowball every DC MA and highball every marvel MAer?

h1a8
I still remember h1 trying to argue that Cap didn't really bullet time, IIRC he argued that those 3 shots missed off-panel, so Red Skull fired 3 more shots also off-panel and it was the second group of shots that Cap blocked. I still argue that cap didn't outrun bullets.

Red skull can't squeeze off the last 2 shots before the first hits it's target from less than 100 feet away. The hammer accelerates forward at the rate of gravity. This isn't fast enough to get off another shot before the first hits it's target.

Kazenji
From what i'm getting Cassandra Batgirl can beat Elektra, The other's possible not.

Silent Master
See, h1 even admits it.

h1a8
See, h1 even admits it. I wouldn't use the words bullet time. I rather would simply say he didn't RUN faster than a bullet.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by h1a8
I still argue that cap didn't outrun bullets.

Red skull can't squeeze off the last 2 shots before the first hits it's target from less than 100 feet away. The hammer accelerates forward at the rate of gravity. This isn't fast enough to get off another shot before the first hits it's target.
Dude. These are comics we talk about.

Nick Fury fired 3 shots before they hit the target, too.

Silent Master
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Dude. These are comics we talk about.

Nick Fury fired 3 shots before they hit the target, too.

I'm also fairly sure that the RS was firing a revolver, IOW it only holds 6 bullets and RS was shown firing another 3 shots after Cap blocked the first three.

So, h1 is actually claiming that the first 3 bullets missed, RS fired 3 more shots and then reloaded, all off-panel.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Batgirl stomps an Elektra without TP.

carver9
I'm also fairly sure that the RS was firing a revolver, IOW it only holds 6 bullets and RS was shown firing another 3 shots after Cap blocked the first three.

So, h1 is actually claiming that the first 3 bullets missed, RS fired 3 more shots and then reloaded, all off-panel.

Did H1 provide proof of this?

Silent Master
Did H1 provide proof of this?

Of course not, he just said it was the only thing that made sense.

DarkSaint85
To him.

carver9
Of course not, he just said it was the only thing that made sense.

So H1 is just talking because he doesn't like what happened?

Silent Master
So H1 is just talking because he doesn't like what happened?

Basically.

h1a8

I argued that he didn't fire another 3 shots and that the art wasn't conclusive of bullets.

Anyway let's assume RS fired another 3 shots.

What's more wrong,
1. RS firing 2 shots before the first one hit. Making the speed of gravity faster than a bullet.
2. Or More than 6 shots was fired due to writer miscounting or the gun being capable of it.

juggernaut74
Somebody have that scan? I recall something fishy about that scene as well.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
I still argue that cap didn't outrun bullets.

Don't guns have spring loaded hammers, so it wouldn't be at the rate of gravity, but faster?

DarkSaint85
Anyway, make your own minds up:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9535/avgrs6916fv7.jpg

carver9
Dark beat me to the punch.

DarkSaint85
Carver, why you so slow?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver, why you so slow?

What do you mean? I didn't post anything. What did you get from that scene?

juggernaut74
That whole scene don't make sense. But it appears Cap has supersonic speed or the artist is a dumbfu*ck.

DarkSaint85
What do you mean? I didn't post anything. What did you get from that scene?

That Cap can outreact bullets.

The alternative is that somehow Skully missed an open target no more than 100 feet away.

juggernaut74
Well if you look where his gun is aimed he looks like he would have missed anyway.

DarkSaint85
That's where the hand ended up. But when it was firing, it would have been on point.

juggernaut74
At that distance the first bullet would have hit the target before he pulled the trigger the 2nd time. And Cap was still standing by Skull when he fired the 3rd bullet indicating to me that Cap has supersonic level speed.

leonidas
even if THAT scene is assumed to show supersonic speed, it doesn't matter in the least. cap does not have supersonic speed. 50 years of comics tells us that. so, who cares how the scene is interpreted? :/

DarkSaint85
WEll, one thing you must remember is that these writers and artists aren't doing books for us. For battleboard feats. They're not going 'oh, Silent Master on the KMC forums needs something to show how fast Cap is for his respect thread, I'd better do a feat and make sure it stands up to scrutiny'.

No.

The idea is to show that Skull fired, and Cap heroically saved him. Anything else, and the whole medium unravels. I could sit here and ask, well, how do people like Quicksilver move at those speeds without eating constantly? Even allowing for a greater inefficiency, he would still need to consume XYZ amount of burgers....how EXACTLY does a radioactive spider give you super powers? How does Batman manage to fit all his activities in 24 hours? Etc etc.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by leonidas
even if THAT scene is assumed to show supersonic speed, it doesn't matter in the least. cap does not have supersonic speed. 50 years of comics tells us that. so, who cares how the scene is interpreted? :/ That's what I was getting to. I don't think that scene is suppose to show Cap moving fast.

carver9
Well, it happened and it is a speed ft for Cap just like any other ft would be for the characters here.

DarkSaint85
Anything more is just adding your own details that are not present, in order to fit your theory of what should happen in the 'real world'.

For example, am I allowed to say that Batman/Batgirl are metahumans? My pet theory being that they are avatars of the Bat-God, no doubt connected to the Red which Animal Man is a part of, and are minor deities in that realm. Because what they do is far beyond what humans can achieve. Shall we sit down and do the maths of how fast Batgirl was moving when she was standing in front of the sniper?

Silent Master
What is possible in the real world only seems to matter when it's Captain America. I've also seen batfans use the argument to discount the scan where Cap states he is adept at all forms of hth combat.

Seeing as I've only ever brought up that scan after batfans have argued that Batman has either mastered 127 styles or all styles. their double standard is rather obvious. yet they never see it that way.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Don't guns have spring loaded hammers, so it wouldn't be at the rate of gravity, but faster? yes you are right, but still the spring action of a revolver is many times slower than a bullet. The hammer almost has the average acceleration of gravity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.