Thing and Colossus vs. Thor w/o Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
No axe either for Thor.

Can the duo take it?

Werewolf582
Thor.

juggernaut74
Nope.

Silent Master
Thor wins.

iscaremonkeys
kinda tough to say. Thing is kinda inconsistent with durability feats

juggernaut74
Does Thor have a lot of wins without Mjolnir?

StiltmanFTW
His most famous one is probably one-shotting Abomination, but it was a sucker punch.

Forgot to specify, I intended it to be a h2h fight only, so Thor is not allowed to fry their butts like he did with Durok the Demolisher.

Silent Master
Would Thor using Colossus like a baseball bat count as HTH?

carver9
Thor after a good fight.

psycho gundam
Thor eats them

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Thor eats them
Shitting them out later might hurt quite a bit.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
His most famous one is probably one-shotting Abomination, but it was a sucker punch.

Forgot to specify, I intended it to be a h2h fight only, so Thor is not allowed to fry their butts like he did with Durok the Demolisher. That sounds cool. Got a scan of this?

psycho gundam
Shitting them out later might hurt quite a bit. Asguardian Rectums are 3x as sturdy

StiltmanFTW
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/35308/2450553-thor178_20.jpg

carver9
Scan isn't working (even though I seen it before).

StiltmanFTW
Try refreshing the page. Posting from my phone, it could've messed the link up.

Anyway, it's been posted so many times that I'm sure juggs has seen it at least once or twice.

Again:
https://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/abomination_vs_thor.jpg

juggernaut74
I've never seen that but he has the Mjolnir in his hand, is there anymore to the fight? And does he have many feats beating people without the hammer?

StiltmanFTW
He does wield it, but he didn't strike Blonsky with it. It was a simple punch.

That's it. Just 2 panels. Thor fans loved to repost it at least a dozen times a day to piss Hulk's fans off. Not long ago Marvel released some book with an untold tale, battle between Thor/Abom. Blonsky gave Thor a run for his money that time, but still got beaten in the end. Lightning/flight combo or something akin to that, not via pure hth means as Abom was too tough.

juggernaut74
I've heard people say Thor is weaker when he don't wield Mjolnir, is that true?

StiltmanFTW
No, I don't think so. It doesn't work like his Belt of Strength or anything. Striking power is better with Mjolnir of course (obviously, hitting with an indestructible mallet will do more damage than with your fists), but he doesn't suffer any physical attributes nerfs while not equipping it. Thor even calls the hammer "just a tool".

juggernaut74
No, I don't think so. It doesn't work like his Belt of Strength or anything. Striking power is better with Mjolnir of course (obviously, hitting with an indestructible mallet will do more damage than with your fists), but he doesn't suffer any physical attributes nerfs while not equipping it. Thor even calls the hammer "just a tool".

I have a tool as well.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

juggernaut74
Thor was pounding on Juggernaut back in the day with his fists but it's been awhile since I saw those.

Silent Master
laughing out loud

You laughing at his tool probably isn't very good for his self-esteem.

celeyhyga17
Thor wrecks

krisblaze
Thor beats them silly.

Harder than he beat Fenris and Lokiø

Damborgson
Thor would throw them a hammer and say whoever kills the other first, gets to be his side kick.

abhilegend

That's it. Just 2 panels. Thor fans loved to repost it at least a dozen times a day to piss Hulk's fans off. Not long ago Marvel released some book with an untold tale, battle between Thor/Abom. Blonsky gave Thor a run for his money that time, but still got beaten in the end. Lightning/flight combo or something akin to that, not via pure hth means as Abom was too tough.
I still have to find that comic.

celeyhyga17

They were fighting for hours.

Thor was holding back so he can gauge what Abomination can take. He stomped him soon after.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
They were fighting for hours.

Thor was holding back so he can gauge what Abomination can take. He stomped him soon after.
Do you have the scans of the fight?

carver9
Fight was dumb. Abomination couldn't even break out of a hose pipe from a fire truck. Abomination wasn't koed though.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Do you have the scans of the fight?
Have to dig for em..

abhilegend
Have to dig for em..
I think it was from New Avengers marvel salutes US army 10. Can't find the comic anywhere on net though. Send me the scans if you have it.

celeyhyga17
I think it was from New Avengers marvel salutes US army 10. Can't find the comic anywhere on net though. Send me the scans if you have it.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_10_012_zpsdb00b092.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_10_013_zps8de5e4ed.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_10_014-015_zpsccd78a4d.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_016_zps446e1600.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_10_018_zpse867d18a.jpg

abhilegend
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_10_012_zpsdb00b092.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_10_013_zps8de5e4ed.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_10_014-015_zpsccd78a4d.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_016_zps446e1600.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/NA_aafe_10_018_zpse867d18a.jpg
Thanks a lot bro.

abhilegend
And Abomination looked solidly equal or slightly stronger than Thor there.

celeyhyga17
And Abomination looked solidly equal or slightly stronger than Thor there.
Possibly even... ish.... but definitely not stronger.

Thor was holding back the whole time and even mentions his reserves are no where near its limit.

abhilegend
Possibly even... ish.... but definitely not stronger.

Thor was holding back the whole time and even mentions his reserves are no where near its limit.
Yeah, but narration flat out tells that both are nearly exhausted. Abom was just using his fists and Thor was using mjolnir to block his attacks.

celeyhyga17
Yeah, but narration flat out tells that both are nearly exhausted. Abom was just using his fists and Thor was using mjolnir to block his attacks.
Yes because it was used to describe the past few hours before what was shown in panel. Thor just has the capacity to go even deeper.

Yes he blocked with Mjolnir, but it took him only one punch after that to ring Blonsky's bell.

Pretty clear what the writer was trying to convey seeing as he has Thor state multiple times(and in different words) he was holding back.

abhilegend
Yes because it was used to describe the past few hours before what was shown in panel. Thor just has the capacity to go even deeper.

Yes he blocked with Mjolnir, but it took him only one punch after that to ring Blonsky's bell.

Pretty clear what the writer was trying to convey seeing as he has Thor state multiple times(and in different words) he was holding back.
I take it as Thor not using his other powers as the narration is pretty explicit that both are pretty exhausted.

Thor punched Abom away and he was trapped, that's what his punch did anyway.

Gamma Burst
Thor is in another class here, and even though both together can give him a good fight, He wins it.

zom1967
Originally posted by Gamma Burst
Thor is in another class here, and even though both together can give him a good fight, He wins it. I have an issue of Hulk vs Thor from the early 90`s.In it Hulk says Thor not strong hammer is.So Thor throws the hammer far away,they then battle and Hulk slightly gets over on Thor(his face looks like ground meat).When Thor`s hammer comes back the Hulk leaves satisfied.And I am not biased I like both equally,Thor seems more powerful with his hammer.And Hulk seems to edge him out without the hammer,sound fair?Oh and by the way,Thor beats them both without much trouble!

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zom1967
And Hulk seems to edge him out without the hammer,sound fair?Oh and by the way,Thor beats them both without much trouble!
thumb up

Sounds fair.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I have a tool as well.

Rumor has it, it's more of an ANT-MAN sized tool though...

Tony Stark
Team wins 7/10

juggernaut74
After thinking a little harder I do think the team wins. Thing alone has defeated Namor and fought and held his own against the Hulk. Colossus went toe to toe with Gladiator, kayoed the Hulk, and dropped the Juggernaut. Give Thor the Mjolnir and it's a different story.

Rage.Of.Olympus
After thinking a little harder I do think the team wins. Thing alone has defeated Namor and fought and held his own against the Hulk. Colossus went toe to toe with Gladiator, kayoed the Hulk, and dropped the Juggernaut. Give Thor the Mjolnir and it's a different story.

You just listed off a few of arguably their highest respective feats. If we do the same for Thor in such a skewed manner, he'd one-shot kill both.

A few details worth mentioning are for example like Colossus fighting a far weaker Gladiator (Who he lost to btw), he temporarily knocked out (Or stunned) an injured/weakened Hulk who in the same story when at 100% was no selling his punches and one-shotted him. Not even sure why knocking Juggernaut back counts as something worth mentioning.

And I have no idea why you'd bring up Ben Grimm's record against the Hulk as evidence in a thread where he's facing an elite class 100. Just poor form.

juggernaut74
Knocking Juggernaut on his @ss is impressive, something Thor has never done iirc. Gladiator wasn't weak when he fought Colossus, unless you have some inside information. Colossus who wasn't messing around/pulling his punches kayoed the Hulk. Sorry but it happened.

carver9
Knocking Juggernaut on his @ss is impressive, something Thor has never done iirc. Gladiator wasn't weak when he fought Colossus, unless you have some inside information. Colossus who wasn't messing around/pulling his punches kayoed the Hulk. Sorry but it happened.

Disagree with all of this.

Silent Master
Seeing as Colossus was taking Gladiators punches in that fight and yet was ko'd by a falling building, I'd say that Gladiator was definitely not being written at his later levels.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Silent Master
Seeing as Colossus was taking Gladiators punches in that fight and yet was ko'd by a falling building, I'd say that Gladiator was definitely not being written at his later levels. Looking at it that way neither was Colossus I suppose. Good call.

h1a8
In all honesty I believe Thor wins this. He's much stronger than either and faster and more skilled. He can possibly use Thing as Mjolnir and bat Colossus away. Or just simply uppercut one of them far away and deal with the other. By the time the other gets back the first will be defeated or nearly defeated.

juggernaut74
Actually Thor would be better to use Colossus as the Mjolnir and bat Thing away, just my opinion. Thor does have a one-shot win over Abomination to his credit.

carver9
Context to that fight.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by carver9
Context to that fight. I just saw the two panels. What context?

carver9
I just saw the two panels. What context?

Abomination wasn't in his right mind, AND, it was a surprise attack. Thor even admits it.

juggernaut74
BTW Gladiator was not far weaker when he fought Colossus. Colossus smashed him with this massive pillar and Kallark took it with a smile. I think Wonder Man was kayoed by a small chunch of concrete once before.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/109146/2513963-gladiator_2.jpg

Not many characters can do that.

Silent Master
You're aware that Colossus got ko'd by a falling building, yet was able to take several hits from Gladiator...you are basically saying that Gladiator being below building level strength isn't an example of him being weaker than his later showings.

At which point, why is Colossus being able to fight him impressive?

juggernaut74
You're aware that Colossus got ko'd by a falling building, yet was able to take several hits from Gladiator...you are basically saying that Gladiator being below building level strength isn't an example of him being weaker than his later showings.

At which point, why is Colossus being able to fight him impressive? They were described as skycrapers, not mere buildings. The shockwaves from their punches caused the buildings to collapse.

Silent Master
It's still just a building, top tier characters like Thor and Superman can get hit by mountain busting hits and basically laugh it off. So either Gladiator was written as far weaker in that fight, or he isn't even close to being a top tier character.

juggernaut74
It's still just a building, top tier characters like Thor and Superman can get hit by mountain busting hits and basically laugh it off. So either Gladiator was written as far weaker in that fight, or he isn't even close to being a top tier character. They were still massive buildings, and there was more than one of them. Gladiator has ben put down by less, Gambits exploding cards for example. The narration does not describe two weaklings fighting, the narration is pretty epic if you ask me.

Silent Master
They were still massive buildings, and there was more than one of them. Gladiator has ben put down by less, Gambits exploding cards for example. The narration does not describe two weaklings fighting, the narration is pretty epic if you ask me.

Gladiator was mind controlled when hit by Gambit's cards and since his power level depends on his mental state, there is context to explain away the showing. Here, there is nothing to explain why he couldn't put down someone that was ko'd by a falling building.

You can call it impressive all you want, but if it happened to Superman/Thor/Captain Marvel/Hulk or any other elite top tier everyone would be calling it a low showing.

StiltmanFTW
It was the entire deck spammed at point blank that put Glads down.

juggernaut74
If I wanted to argue low showing I could argue Colossus being kayoed by a building falling on him.....but I'm not.

Silent Master
No, you're trying to spin a fight where Colossus was ko'd by a falling building as impressive.

juggernaut74
It was.

Silent Master
I guess for someone like Colossus, being ko'd by a building is about as good as his feats get.

juggernaut74
Aaaaand there it is!

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You just listed off a few of arguably their highest respective feats. If we do the same for Thor in such a skewed manner, he'd one-shot kill both.

A few details worth mentioning are for example like Colossus fighting a far weaker Gladiator (Who he lost to btw), he temporarily knocked out (Or stunned) an injured/weakened Hulk who in the same story when at 100% was no selling his punches and one-shotted him. Not even sure why knocking Juggernaut back counts as something worth mentioning.

And I have no idea why you'd bring up Ben Grimm's record against the Hulk as evidence in a thread where he's facing an elite class 100. Just poor form.

Ben has held his own against HULK dozen(s) of times and has indeed beaten him a small handful of times. He has beaten both Namor and Sasquatch 3 to 1 during their fights. Is undefeated against Wonderman, stalemated Hercules... etc.

THOR is going down

Silent Master
Thor wins.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Ben has held his own against HULK dozen(s) of times and has indeed beaten him a small handful of times. He has beaten both Namor and Sasquatch 3 to 1 during their fights. Is undefeated against Wonderman, stalemated Hercules... etc.

THOR is going down

Thor crushes him like he did abomination

Raisen
Thor wins but its not going to end in seconds. Thor could end this in five to ten mns at best

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Raisen
Thor wins but its not going to end in seconds. Thor could end this in five to ten mns at best
I don't mind this at all.. smile thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.