The Power to Cheat Death: How Impressive is it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Since the earliest days of the ancient Sith Lords, the key to immortality has been a central goal they wished to achieve. However, only a few have ever succeed.
Tulak Hord, Darth Nox, Exar Kun, Emperor Vitiate, Darth Sidious, and Darth Krayt all have used variations of spirit transfers to achieve some form of immortality.
Despite this, individuals like Darth Sion, Darth Revan, and Darth Maul have managed to cheat the system via sheer power of will. Why have not more Sith exploited this?

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Why have not more Sith exploited this? Not everyone can be a winner.

ILS
Also, y no Plagueis mention? He never achieved immortality but he probably came the closest to finding the best method for it.

DarthAnt66
Plagueis' immortality was a failure though in the sense that he dedicated basically most of his reign of his Sith tampering with shit but Revan could beat death just because he refused to ****ing die.

appletonia
Originally posted by ILS
Also, y no Plagueis mention? He never achieved immortality

Looks like you answered your own question. stupid

ILS
Claiming that one of the great innovators of routes to immortality deserves a mention in a thread about immortality isn't stupid. thumb up
What is stupid is claiming that Darth Bane is far more powerful and skilled than Darth Sidious, or that he's the fastest Force User in the mythos. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
low blow

Board Walker
Revan has defied death by sheer will, and he kept his youth and magnified his power in doing so.

psmith81992
Revan and Vitiate have come further than anyone else.

ChaosTheory123
Why have not more Sith exploited this?

Lack of know how, lack of power, lack of desire, could be anything really

Revanchiste
Since the earliest days of the ancient Sith Lords, the key to immortality has been a central goal they wished to achieve. However, only a few have ever succeed.
Tulak Hord, Darth Nox, Exar Kun, Emperor Vitiate, Darth Sidious, and Darth Krayt all have used variations of spirit transfers to achieve some form of immortality.
Despite this, individuals like Darth Sion, Darth Revan, and Darth Maul have managed to cheat the system via sheer power of will. Why have not more Sith exploited this?
Nihilus too : he's able to use essence of transfer.....
Revan have studdy many sith holocron it take years to read all of them.... The original Darth Revan have prep an essence of transfer ritual just in the case where he will be killed during the war against the true sith.....
So I guess that doesn't count.... Especialy because 3.0 don't get the character.... Revan is no light or darkness he is himself.....
So what happen don't really make sens..... I'm not against a return of Revan....
But you cannot coun't that as canon... Especialy because light side Revan don't have the balls of Revan as a Jedi. And dark side Revan don't have the intelect of the great Darth Revan....

Lord Lucien
Not very. We'll be doing ourselves soon enough. The Sith are just retarded.

S_W_LeGenD
Very impressive.

Emperor Vitiate pioneered complex techniques to prolong life in mortal form virtually endlessly (corporeal immortality) and also acquired the capability to preserve his essence which he could shift in other living beings at will (voices). He is most impressive in these matters.

Revan also demonstrated great potential in these matters.

Revanchiste
The real pioneer is Darth Adendu !

Beniboybling
Darth Plagueis is just as "immortal" as any other of the names you mentioned.

However where is it stated that Revan and Maul achieved immortality? First I've heard of it.

DarthAnt66
No one said they achieved it. no expression

psmith81992
Originally posted by Beniboybling

However where is it stated that Revan and Maul achieved immortality? First I've heard of it.

How exactly was Plagueis immortal? Revan achieved it through his bipolar nonsense. Vitiate achieved it through his ritual.

S_W_LeGenD
He isn't.

Maul? He isn't.

Revan, however, cheated death on the Foundry.

WildBantha88
Plageuis was essentialy gaining a healing factor and he was only beginning to developed it. If he had lived a few more decades I'm convinced that he would have become like a dark side wolverine

NewGuy01
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Maul? He isn't.

Revan, however, cheated death on the Foundry.

Maul cheated death on Naboo in the same sense that Revan did so on the Foundry.

DarthAnt66
Except Revan actually died and Maul didn't, which is a major difference.

psmith81992
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Maul cheated death on Naboo in the same sense that Revan did so on the Foundry.

Uh...No

FreshestSlice
Except Revan actually died and Maul didn't, which is a major difference.
Still not quite sure which one is more impressive. To drag around a dead body or to stay alive without a urinary or gastrointestinal tract.

DarthAnt66
I don't think pissing is a major issue for any former Sith Lord.

Beniboybling
Maul cheated death on Naboo in the same sense that Revan did so on the Foundry. Well I suppose that depends on what your definition of cheating death is, is surviving grievous injury cheating death? I'm not sure. I think in order to cheat death you'd either have to survive a situation that its absolutely logical you should have died, or in fact died and come back to life.

In that respect, surviving getting cut in half isn't really cheating death, and has probably happened IRL.

I guess Revan did cheat death though, however the mechanics are a bit hazy I feel.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by psmith81992
How exactly was Plagueis immortal? Revan achieved it through his bipolar nonsense. Vitiate achieved it through his ritual. He managed to take control of his midichlorians and get them to reverse his aging process, basically he stopped aging and therefore should never have died from old age. i.e. he was immortal, or at the very least could have lived a very long time. Plagueis was also able to bring others back from the dead, so he cheated death in that respect also. Simply put if we are going to mentioned cheating death, failing to mention Plagueis is just dumb.

DarthAnt66
I disagree with the motion that bringing others back from the dead is as impressive as bringing yourself. The Dread Masters could reanimate Krayt Dragons and resurrect the dead as spirits that can affect the mortal realm, but even in the heart of their power they couldn't come back from the dead.

Nephthys
I don't think pissing is a major issue for any former Sith Lord.

Yeah, pooping is a much more important problem.

ILS
Maul is sort of cheating death in the sense that he's one of few men who have chosen not to off themselves after losing their junk.

FreshestSlice
An inspiration for us all. Though I doubt he was using it for much anyway.

ILS
He probably engaged in a bit of traditional Sith Masturbation now and again.

FreshestSlice
See, even imagining that would make me want to go full Reek. Sounds awful.

ILS
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Hooooaaaahhh
Through passion, I gain strength. Rrrrrrrrrrrr
Through strength, I gain power. ah ah ahhhh
Through power, I gain victory. YEEAAAAHHHHH
Through victory, my chains are broken. HAAAAAAA AAAAAAHHHHHH
The Force shall free me. splodge

Q99

Because it's very hard. Even using willpower to not-die is something of a fluke of luck in many cases, or in Sion's example seemingly an innate talent.

Aside from that, it requires massive force knowledge and power. Every one on the top is a very impressive sith lord.

NewGuy01
Well I suppose that depends on what your definition of cheating death is, is surviving grievous injury cheating death? I'm not sure. I think in order to cheat death you'd either have to survive a situation that its absolutely logical you should have died, or in fact died and come back to life.

In that respect, surviving getting cut in half isn't really cheating death, and has probably happened IRL.

The same could be said for Revan's scenario, though.

Beniboybling
The same could be said for Revan's scenario, though. Well Revan actually says he dies, his spirit left his body.

FreshestSlice
There's also the fact he just drops dead as soon as the two rejoin. Revan's body obviously wasn't alive, otherwise he'd rejoin with it.

Revanchiste

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.