Ghostbusters (2016)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
It's official. A legacy is going to be utterly destroyed.

http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/wiig-mccarthy-headline-all-female-ghostbusters-cast-article-1.2094129

Inhuman
Hate Melissa McCarthy. I dont know how she is still getting work. she is unfunny as fuq.

Quincy
Is it really going to be "utterly destroyed?"

Really?

Lestov16
All female Ghostbusters......

Why? erm

Inhuman
Im guessing because one of the original ghostbusters died in real life.

IMO all they needed to do was replace him somehow in the movie with Rick Moranis.

marwash22
Originally posted by Inhuman
Hate Melissa McCarthy. I dont know how she is still getting work. she is unfunny as fuq. I disagree. i like her and I think she has great comedic timing and delivery, and a good presence about her. I just think she's typecast a lot.

Originally posted by Lestov16
All female Ghostbusters......

Why? erm why not? erm

my only problem is that I think there are funnier women they could have gone with. I like Melissa and Kristen, but the other two choices are not to my liking... one "coons it up" to be "funny", and the other I have never even heard of.

BruceSkywalker
won't be seeing unless i get a free movie pass

steverules_2
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092009/1253886001_office-no.gif

Kazenji
They're eyeing Bill Murray for this new one but not to reprise his role, To be a supernatural debunker

also Dan Arkroyd is all for it
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dan-aykroyd-new-ghostbusters-cast-767943?facebook_20150128

Tzeentch
I knew from the get-go Melissia Mcarthy was going to be in it- it was inevitable.

Surprised at the other three choices, though (don't actually know anything about them, comedians aren't really my thing).

I thought Tina Fey would have been a shoe-in, tbh. McCarthy, Tina Fey, token minority and either Sarah Silverman or the chick from Weeds would have been my guess.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I knew from the get-go Melissia Mcarthy was going to be in it- it was inevitable.

Surprised at the other three choices, though (don't actually know anything about them, comedians aren't really my thing).

I thought Tina Fey would have been a shoe-in, tbh. McCarthy, Tina Fey, token minority and either Sarah Silverman or the chick from Weeds would have been my guess. This. Tina Fey was made for this.

I like Kristen Wiig too though. She's the only good choice in the cast for the idea they're going with.

jinXed by JaNx
im lookin forward to it. i just hope they keep the theme music

steverules_2
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
im lookin forward to it. i just hope they keep the theme music

It'll be a remix, like the robocop theme...that's what I think anyways

jinXed by JaNx
Melissia Mcarthy, yeah i think,subtley handled, she could be used well.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

I got a free pass for you, its in my pantssmile

Placidity
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

won't be seeing it unless someone pays me to see it.

Time Immemorial
This movie looks like utter trash.

marwash22
^ lol. based on what, son? based on what... your hatred of women?

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22

Sounds like it

love how people are jumping on the hate bandwagon already for this movie already claiming it'll be as worst as Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I got a free pass for you, its in my pantssmile

Don't tell Bruce that...he'll take you up on that offer and destroy your lady parts

Quincy

hahaha

Kazenji
Sony planning on a Ghostbuster's cinematic universe

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2015/03/09/sony-preparing-guy-themed-ghostbusters-counterpart-to-paul-feigs-film/

so besides the all female movie, We'll also be getting the male themed one too.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Kazenji
Sony planning on a Ghostbuster's cinematic universe

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2015/03/09/sony-preparing-guy-themed-ghostbusters-counterpart-to-paul-feigs-film/

so besides the all female movie, We'll also be getting the male themed one too.

Male>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Female

dynamix
Hate Melissa McCarthy. I dont know how she is still getting work. she is unfunny as fuq.

thumb up

Quincy

I suspected this of you

Firefly218
Get outta here

Inhuman
Originally posted by Firefly218
Get outta here

The all female ghostbusters movie sounds horrible. All female GB could have worked but everything I've read about it, especially the cast points to it being a sub par imo. We will see I guess erm

Lestov16
I don't think it's horrible because it's a female cast. I think it's horrible because it's an obvious studio cash-in (which usually spells artistic and creative bankruptcy) that changed the gender of the protagonists solely to pander to female audiences.

Robtard
All female Busters sounds great. Casting McCarthy though, she's not funny. Tired of the "I'm a fat clumsy lump, but I'm loveable if you try" shtick she does.

Lestov16
She's kinda like the female Kevin James. May as well call her Paula Blart.

Robtard
She took her acting classes from the late Chris Farley

Inhuman
Originally posted by Robtard
All female Busters sounds great. Casting McCarthy though, she's not funny. Tired of the "I'm a fat clumsy lump, but I'm loveable if you try" shtick she does.

This.

The idea of an all female GB is not bad just cause they are female. Like I said it could work fine and be a great film . Just they way they are going about it doesn't sound good. Starting with the bad cast.

Also I also like to think that they already planned for a reboot to the female GB reboot that hasn't even begun filming. Even though it may not be the case, this amuses me.

iandemel
I like the director and thing its a good cast that made me excited for the movie. It wont be as good as the original but it has the ability to be great.

KuRuPT Thanosi
This sounds good awful and anybody that doesn't think so is just being PC

Quincy
good awful? Like a really good version of awful? So awful it's good?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Stupid auto correct GOD Awful

Quincy
the auto correct is god awful indeed

Patient_Leech

Wasn't that the chick from The Heat with Sandra Bullock? I only had to see the first 5 minutes of that piece of shit to tell it was awful and unfunny.

Is she really cast in this? If so I have lost all hope.

dynamix

truth. i find her brand of humor corny

Esau Cairn
Maybe cast one member as female & not necessarily as the "love interest"...

Unless it's a sexy cast like Charlie's Angels...no male audience is gonna be interested in seeing a bunch of female comedians in an action movie.

Inhuman
I would have loved to see the old cast ( the ones that are still living), along with rick moranis, training new ghostbusters.
A few of them could have been female as well.
This would set up any sequels nicely, if the film is a success.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Maybe cast one member as female & not necessarily as the "love interest"...

Unless it's a sexy cast like Charlie's Angels...no male audience is gonna be interested in seeing a bunch of female comedians in an action movie.
Why not? How is it that much different from a bunch of male comedians?

And even if you're right, which you're not, the female demographic is a goldmine. As seen by Frozen, female heroes are long overdue.

Kazenji
I would have loved to see the old cast ( the ones that are still living), along with rick moranis, training new ghostbusters.

That's a much better idea rather then split them up into Male & Female groups.

DARTH POWER
Why not? How is it that much different from a bunch of male comedians?

And even if you're right, which you're not, the female demographic is a goldmine. As seen by Frozen, female heroes are long overdue.

Female heroes are in demand. But not for a Ghostbusters reboot Imho. I'd want it to be a reboot based on the original. Or a sequel where the old crew teaches the new bunch like Inhuman had suggested would also be good.

But since they're doing a Male bunch on top of the Female bunch I'll probably check them both out.

Sayadewa
Is it really going to be destroyed or made even better. Need to see in the movies and decide.

the-gshplaza.sg

Kazenji
Anyone see Paul Feig's response to the hate towards his reboot?

instead of keeping his mouth shut continues to piss off the fans.

Quincy
What's he said that's more obnoxious than how some stupid people are reacting?

Kazenji
So your saying the people who are big time fans of the other movies need to chill... erm

Quincy

Lestov16

Firefly218
Chris Hemsworth cast in ghostbusters remake

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/06/10/chris-hemsworth-joins-paul-feigs-ghostbusters-reboot/

Kazenji
Still on the fence for this revamp movie

but i guess it maybe good if Feig's 'Spy' movie is any indication.

Firefly218
Spy was awesome. So far, Feig is 3/3. Heat was awesome, Bridesmaids was awesome and Spy was awesome. I have high hopes.

Inhuman
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2015/07/07/07-melissa-mccarthy-ghostbusters.nocrop.w529.h727.2x.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hiU0pxQ.gif

Firefly218
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2015/07/07/07-melissa-mccarthy-ghostbusters.nocrop.w529.h727.2x.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hiU0pxQ.gif
Looks good to me

jinXed by JaNx
I still think it would have been a better idea to include some of the original cast and continuity in forming a new team. Although, i don't see why so many people are opposed to this new movie. The only cast member i'm familiar with is McCarthy and i think she could be a good fit with proper writing and directing. As long as she isn't shoved off as the, Bill Murray, stand in and the writing and screen time is equally shared amongst the cast there shouldn't be a problem. As for the other woman, i always welcome fresh faces because i have no expectations.

My concern for this movie succeeding is the same one i had when the original cast was fully involved. I don't know that any writer or director will be able to find that proper balance of humor and story telling that the first one achieved so well. As long as the entire movie isnt an overbundance of poorly written jokes and attempts at slap stick i think it has a chance. Just because it's a Ghostbusters movie doesn't mean it can't be a compelling sci-fi movie.

Flyattractor
So what do you guys & gals think of the "new" Ecto-1?

http://filmschoolrejects.com/images/New-ECTO-1-680x453.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
Who stole my car?

Impediment
This movie is gonna be so awful, I just know it.

jinXed by JaNx
Just because you want it to be awful doesn't mean it's going to happen stick out tongue

Flyattractor
Back to the Ecto-1. I have to agree with other comments I have seen. It does look like something a FAN would/could make. And what's up with the giant yellow light?

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/hgnx8sx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MuKHidY.jpg

Flyattractor
http://i.imgur.com/hgnx8sx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MuKHidY.jpg

That kid looks scared to death.

Kazenji
The trailer for this new movie comes out on March 3rd.

Kazenji
2 hours to go until the trailer is up.

Impediment
The trailer is dog shit.

Soooooo unfunny and underwhelming.

I hear that the main protagonist will be the anti-ghost symbol.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Impediment
The trailer is dog shit.

thumb up

Placidity
As I had expected.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Impediment
The trailer is dog shit.

You've got to remember Paul Feig movies are generally much better than their trailers. It's like Zack Snyder in reverse.

tkitna
Again, I must be too old as I thought the original Ghostbusters movies sucked dog nuts. This remake,,,,just no.

Nemesis X
Ghostbuster fanatics have been waiting decades for this. My heart goes out to you guys.

Kazenji
Didn't feel it was that bad what's been shown from the trailer.

-Pr-
Trailer was awful, imo.

steverules_2
Yeah it was horrendous, why is an all female team needed anyway?? Cuz the first film was all male right, I'll tell you what if this was reversed and it was originally a female team now being made into a male team there would be an outcry that it's sexist. Trailer is terrible, didn't make me laugh and I doubt I'll be seeing this.

Placidity
They are trying to delete all the negative comments on Youtube. Thumbs down ratio is strong.

Maybe they will disable comments altogether, or get their own comment team to plant some fake comments and "likes".

I think even if the movie is a flop, PC reviewers will give it an easy pass.

steverules_2
Isn't there another Ghostbusters coming out with an all male team or something?

-Pr-
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah it was horrendous, why is an all female team needed anyway?? Cuz the first film was all male right, I'll tell you what if this was reversed and it was originally a female team now being made into a male team there would be an outcry that it's sexist. Trailer is terrible, didn't make me laugh and I doubt I'll be seeing this.

As stupid as I think tokenism is, it just doesn't look like a good movie either way. If the comedy was at all clever, I might like it, but instead we have Melissa McCarthy playing her usual zany self, a sassy black chick, and Kristen Wiig playing her usual awkward self.

It just feels... Forced.

steverules_2
You missed out a character, she was the least funny one I think.

My girlfriend laughed at McCarthy's scenes, McCarthy seems like a one trick pony

Esau Cairn
I'll wait for the DVD.
I get the feeling the outtakes will be funnier than the gags on screen.

-Pr-
You missed out a character, she was the least funny one I think.

My girlfriend laughed at McCarthy's scenes, McCarthy seems like a one trick pony

I didn't miss her, I just have no idea who she is.

steverules_2
Yeah, I don't really think she's been in anything big or at least played a main role in anything before

Kazenji
Isn't there another Ghostbusters coming out with an all male team or something?

Supposedly there is one.

Esau Cairn
Yeah, I don't really think she's been in anything big or at least played a main role in anything before

I heard she was a regular on SNL...

Patient_Leech
This looks awful. thumb down

I'll be rewatching the originals, thank you very much.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This looks awful. thumb down

I'll be rewatching the originals, thank you very much. Yah, I just watched the trailer yesterday and it looks abysmal. Hollywood and comics need to stop replacing males with females....How about just come up with NEW IDEAS and stop recycling everything.. Goes for remakes as well. SO many remakes out there and they're mostly trash.

Inhuman
McCarthy looks like the human form of Slimer

Khazra Reborn
I'll pass, thanks. thumb down

steverules_2
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I heard she was a regular on SNL...

I've never seen her on it

Firefly218
At least wait for the reviews to come out before deciding not to see it. Everyone here seems to quick to want to condemn this movie. The trailers for just about every Paul Feig movie have been underwhelming but he's not made a single bad one.

Surtur
What pisses me off is I know there will be some people who, if you don't like this movie, will just assume it is sexism at work. As opposed to the fact the trailer looks like garbage and the actresses involved just aren't that funny.

MF DELPH
"Turrible"

-Charles Barkley

CPT Space Bomb
At least wait for the reviews to come out before deciding not to see it. Everyone here seems to quick to want to condemn this movie. The trailers for just about every Paul Feig movie have been underwhelming but he's not made a single bad one.

Problem is:

1) Was anyone REALLY calling for another GB movie in the first place?
2) The all female cast feels like a SJW move. It's forced bigtime.
3) The trailer and concept don't appeal to alot of people, myself included.

carthage
Even the original film is dated crap, I don't know anyone under 25 that likes it. But this looks like a whole other level of terrible.

No thanks, and let this franchise die. Only the nineties cartoon was real

Inhuman

I forgot to add, as long as the new female Ghostbusters are not Melissa McCarthy.

vansonbee
Was hoping for a reboot, not a sequel to the old-school Ghostbusters. The female cast seem so forced in their acting. The black woman personality and sassy attitude belongs back in the 90's.

I wish they had an Asian and a Mexican on this new line-up (team diversity). lol

Firefly218
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Problem is:

2) The all female cast feels like a SJW move. It's forced bigtime.
3) The trailer and concept don't appeal to alot of people, myself included.
You might've not been calling for a new ghostbusters but LOTS of ppl were, me included.

Also how is the casting of 4 actresses and extremely funny comedians an act of SJW? Having 4 funny female comedians isn't SJW in the same way having the four funny male comedians isn't sexism...

Firefly218
Originally posted by carthage
Even the original film is dated crap, I don't know anyone under 25 that likes it. But this looks like a whole other level of terrible.

No thanks, and let this franchise die. Only the nineties cartoon was real

I'm under 25 and ghostbusters is a top five comedy for me

ares834

Khazra Reborn
Egon, your mucus.

CPT Space Bomb
Also how is the casting of 4 actresses and extremely funny comedians an act of SJW? Having 4 funny female comedians isn't SJW in the same way having the four funny male comedians isn't sexism...
I didn't say I want a team of 4 guys either. I'm just saying, with all the females just replacing males in mediums all over the place...that's SJW stuff. Female Thor for instance. Instead of just finding new exciting stories for Thor, AND creating a powerful new female hero; they instead opt for the lazy way out and just make a female Thor.

It robs people who Love Thor of Thor. Instead we get a female version that I absolutely have no interest in. And it's all over. Characters are getting REPLACED by minorities and women. Instead of them making NEW characters they are REPLACING them. That pisses me the F**k off. I'm boycotting Marvel comics (still watching the movies) until they fix that shit.

Firefly218
I didn't say I want a team of 4 guys either. I'm just saying, with all the females just replacing males in mediums all over the place...that's SJW stuff. Female Thor for instance. Instead of just finding new exciting stories for Thor, AND creating a powerful new female hero; they instead opt for the lazy way out and just make a female Thor.

It robs people who Love Thor of Thor. Instead we get a female version that I absolutely have no interest in. And it's all over. Characters are getting REPLACED by minorities and women. Instead of them making NEW characters they are REPLACING them. That pisses me the F**k off. I'm boycotting Marvel comics (still watching the movies) until they fix that shit.
I understand the frustration with a female Thor but the situations are completely different. This team of female ghostbusters are different characters from the original team of male ghostbusters. It's not just replacing the men with women, it's about going a new direction with unique and intriguing characters.

Also whoever says Melissa McCarthy is unfunny is ****ing delusional

AuraAngel
Yeah that was a pretty awful trailer. Shame that it looks so bad but here we are.

tkitna

What exactly do you find so stimulating about her white, trailer trash comedy? Why does constant swearing make you laugh, because that's all she does? If I see McCarthys name on a movie, that's my cue to skip it.

carthage
^ thumb up

Kazenji
Yah, I just watched the trailer yesterday and it looks abysmal. Hollywood and comics need to stop replacing males with females....How about just come up with NEW IDEAS and stop recycling everything.. Goes for remakes as well. SO many remakes out there and they're mostly trash.

Or even better have the team a mix of Male & Females

Problem is:

I was but not so much the way they went for this Ghostbusters reboot.

Tzeentch
If the only reason you dislike what we've seen of the film so far is that the all-male cast was replaced with an all-female one, then frankly you're the type of person that this film is going out of its way to shit on anyway.

"It looks unfunny/boring/cheesy/whatever" is a valid criticism, "muh boys' club" is silly.

marwash22
w3ugHP-yZXw

this looks terrible. that dialogue was cringeworthy.

-Pr-
I understand the frustration with a female Thor but the situations are completely different. This team of female ghostbusters are different characters from the original team of male ghostbusters. It's not just replacing the men with women, it's about going a new direction with unique and intriguing characters.

Jane Foster isn't Thor Odinson. I mean, you could argue that they're both just replacing someone in a role.

Eh, either way it doesn't matter.

I tend to enjoy McCarthy's crude humour, but the dialogue in that trailer alone... Ugh. I really hope it's just a badly cut trailer, and the next one we get is more encouraging. I also wonder if Hemsworth is going to do anything more than what Janine did in the original.

wakkawakkawakka
w3ugHP-yZXw

That is pretty bad. Hopefully Sony has another trailer that isn't abysmal because this doesn't do the movie any favors.

Flyattractor
Is that Channing Tatum movie still in the works?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is that Channing Tatum movie still in the works?

Nope, From what i'm reading when i type it into google.

Firefly218
Originally posted by -Pr-
Jane Foster isn't Thor Odinson. I mean, you could argue that they're both just replacing someone in a role.

Eh, either way it doesn't matter.

I tend to enjoy McCarthy's crude humour, but the dialogue in that trailer alone... Ugh. I really hope it's just a badly cut trailer, and the next one we get is more encouraging. I also wonder if Hemsworth is going to do anything more than what Janine did in the original.
I agree the trailer wasn't so good

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/5GfEJD5.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/yrXNStB.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/DscCXw6.jpg

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/OwjuYe2.jpg

https://fusion.net/story/276398/ghostbusters-trailer-backlash-sexist-comments/

http://i.imgur.com/wIl5WAC.png

-Pr-
It's like the Annie stuff all over again.

Kazenji
Someone edited together a better trailer

8IDXpOX0Cp0

Nemesis X
My concern with the movie is the choice of casting, not the fact these new Ghostbusters are women. Nothing about the job says it's male exclusive. These wouldn't even be the first Ghostbusting women in the franchise. Ladies and gentlemen, let me take you back to 1997 to a show that continued canonically after the movies.

DEpCUB8IjzM

Notice the fourth member? Yeah, a woman.

http://image.wangchao.net.cn/bt/1245407305834.jpg

After the original Ghostbusters disbanded, Egon was looking for a new team to mentor and one of those recruits was a woman named Kylie Griffin considered among many fans as the best character in the show. There were even times in said show when Janine the receptionist would don a suit and assist in ghost busting from time to time and that never drew controversy so everybody acting like all men criticizing the trailer are sexist can kindly piss off.

steverules_2
I liked Extreme Ghostbusters, and I did bring up that there was a fourth member who was female somewhere...I did bring it up with my sister since she was happy about a female team

Surtur
For some reason I liked both Ghostbusters 1 AND 2. I just never got the hatred that the sequel gets. Was it better then the first movie? No, but then most sequels do not surpass the original.

jinXed by JaNx
I was really hopeful for this movie until i saw the trailer. Aside from the the blonde actress, the cast looks as though they completely missed the mark. I like McCarthy but it looks like she's playing the same exact character that she always plays and that's not a character i want to see in, ghostbusters. The movie looks like nothing but a script full of dull one liners and bad jokes.

CPT Space Bomb
https://fusion.net/story/276398/ghostbusters-trailer-backlash-sexist-comments/

http://i.imgur.com/wIl5WAC.png

I wonder if Molly understands just how neanderthal she seems by writing this trash. Poor baby, people disliked the awful GB trailer....must be sexist.

Patient_Leech
It doesn't look awful because it's just women cast, it looks awful because they aren't funny and it's a bad trailer with no wonder or mystery.

-Pr-
I just realised the blonde is the McKinnon girl from SNL. She's a brilliant imo; I've always liked her skits (that I've seen at least). I hope if this movie is bad it doesn't ruin her career prospects.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Kazenji
Someone edited together a better trailer

8IDXpOX0Cp0 Big improvement on the trailer, I wish Sony went this route, short and simple. Originally posted by Nemesis X
My concern with the movie is the choice of casting, not the fact these new Ghostbusters are women. Nothing about the job says it's male exclusive. These wouldn't even be the first Ghostbusting women in the franchise. Ladies and gentlemen, let me take you back to 1997 to a show that continued canonically after the movies.

DEpCUB8IjzM

Notice the fourth member? Yeah, a woman.

http://image.wangchao.net.cn/bt/1245407305834.jpg

After the original Ghostbusters disbanded, Egon was looking for a new team to mentor and one of those recruits was a woman named Kylie Griffin considered among many fans as the best character in the show. There were even times in said show when Janine the receptionist would don a suit and assist in ghost busting from time to time and that never drew controversy so everybody acting like all men criticizing the trailer are sexist can kindly piss off. ^ my childhood right here ^ She was a awesome member of the extreme ghostbuster, she probably why I start watching the TV series.

Surtur
It doesn't look awful because it's just women cast, it looks awful because they aren't funny and it's a bad trailer with no wonder or mystery.

Agreed and the only thing well crafted is the fact they made it so they can shrug off any criticism by going "ha sexist".

It's not like women can't be funny. Hell the chick who plays Sweet Dee on "It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia" is funny.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Surtur
Agreed and the only thing well crafted is the fact they made it so they can shrug off any criticism by going "ha sexist".
Yah. God forbid someone dislikes their God-awful trailer! We're all sexist pigs unless we click that thumbs up button.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Surtur

It's not like women can't be funny. Hell the chick who plays Sweet Dee on "It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia" is funny.

Sweet Dee thumb up
There are plenty of funny females that dont look like monsters or lesbians.
The casting for this is not good.

Yah. God forbid someone dislikes their God-awful trailer! We're all sexist pigs unless we click that thumbs up button.

Current Hollywood SJW's train of thought is "If you dont like these progressive diverse casting choices, then youre a racist sexist nazi"

jaden101
Sweet Dee thumb up
There are plenty of funny females that dont look like monsters or lesbians.
The casting for this is not good.

Current Hollywood SJW's train of thought is "If you dont like these progressive diverse casting choices, then youre a racist sexist nazi"

Progressive casting....3 white scientists and a black subway worker.

Inhuman
Originally posted by jaden101
Progressive casting....3 white scientists and a black subway worker.

If they casted better choices for those white scientists and the black subway worker regardless of sex then people wouldn't be thumbs-downing this movie left and right.

Kazenji
I came across one comment over the black subway worker, Something along the lines of how she too isn't another scientist

then again Winston Zeddemore from the original team wasn't really a scientist type guy too.

-Pr-
Winston was one of the best things about the originals because he was the audience avatar in a way. He was the guy that was just trying to pay the bills. It didn't matter that he was black, at least in the sense that it wasn't a defining characteristic. He was the most relatable one of the original four, I would argue.

Placidity

It is the best way to never have to deal with criticism. Once you apply one of these labels to an opinion that differs from yours, you're all good.

Inhuman
I can leak the whole plot of this movie

jinXed by JaNx
It baffles me that this is the cast they settled on. This isn't a slight against the cast
Because these are actresses capable and I think the blonde actress seems fitting but the trailer portrays the movie as an extended snl skit. Ghostbusters is a brand that I imagine could hold a lot of interest to many different actors in Hollywood. So, why you would limit yourself to an all female cast is strange and then pick four actresses whom have the same type of acting humor is even more strange. The original cast worked so well because they were all such different personalities and actors

jinXed by JaNx

Patient_Leech
SNL actors and actresses have had a well documented history of making funny sketches, but bad movies. So yeah, whoever did the casting needs a swift kick in the crotch.

Patient_Leech
I forgot that Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray got their start on SNL, heh.. well, the more recent members have been sort of hit or miss, mostly miss. So I guess it's a gamble. Looks like they probably lost that gamble this time.

steverules_2
Jim Carrey did some SNL sketches, I dunno if he started out there though

Patient_Leech
Jim Carey started on In Living Colour. Also a sketch comedy show. He stole the show.

Kazenji
164cWneMNAU

for something they said is not a sequel they like to acknowledge the previous movies.

Robtard
Loved the first film as a kid, but I just can't nostalgic over this.

jinXed by JaNx
I forgot that Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray got their start on SNL, heh.. well, the more recent members have been sort of hit or miss, mostly miss. So I guess it's a gamble. Looks like they probably lost that gamble this time.

Well to be fair..., finding consistently successful snl careers are few and far between. However my point is that the actresses in the new movie look like their personalities and acting performances are too similar. The original movies worked so well not because the mixture of humor and drama was perfectly blended but also because the actors personalities and acting styles were so dofferent. Aside from the black chick I'm familiar with the other actresses and I think they're all funny and talented but the only that looks like she belongs here is the blonde haired one.

Inhuman
Only version of the reboot ill probably see TBH

http://i.imgur.com/2tvTkES.jpg

Khazra Reborn
Damn son, that girl on the left has some serious assets.

Nemesis X
And you wonder who gives feminists their ammo...

jaden101
Only version of the reboot ill probably see TBH

http://i.imgur.com/2tvTkES.jpg

They are gonna get plastered in ectoplasm.

Bentley
As a good nerd I was about to complain about the casting and the costumes of the Porn version erm

Kazenji
QFcNhrNf6hQ

Inhuman
Ghostbusters trailer is most disliked in YouTube history

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/02/ghostbusters-trailer-most-disliked-in-youtube-history

http://i.imgur.com/RrWtrT0h.jpg

steverules_2
I don't dislike it cuz it's 4 women taking over the lead roles, I dislike it cuz it looks shit

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>