Batman -Vs-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
No B.F.R..

Is Batman enhanced or is he just normal human?

Anyways..

Who is the closet to Batman in terms of physical & Fighting skill in Marvel or DC? Without any enhancements..

5/10 un enhanced fight.. Looking for someone to go 5/10 with Batman or better..

1 on 1 H2H only..

relentless1
Batman is a peak human, the best a human can be without being enhanced, his closest match in Marvel is Captain America, their physical stats are pretty close in comparison and they are both the martial arts master/ tactical leader of their respective hero teams. Id say in a knock down, drag out fight they'd be about even, 5 a piece out of 10 and although this forum doesn't support referencing crossover fights for some dumbass reason I must point out that every time they have fought they were dead even.

Golgo13
Yep.

Supermex
Cap and Bats are not physically even

Cap is enhanced

pym-ftw
DD is enhanced very slightly but a solid 5/10

Herb-less BP is another

Supermex
Originally posted by pym-ftw
DD is enhanced very slightly but a solid 5/10

Herb-less BP is another

Yup I would agree with DD or drug-free Bp..

Cap is enhanced, to strong to fast for Batman.
Unless its Cap.Wilson.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Captain America would be the closest to pull a 5/10 against Batman.

Skillwise not sure. Batman is better than Shang Chi and would beat Karnak 7 days a week, Mister X has TP, maybe a Mister X without TP?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
No B.F.R..

Is Batman enhanced or is he just normal human?

Anyways..

Who is the closet to Batman in terms of physical & Fighting skill in Marvel or DC? Without any enhancements..

5/10 un enhanced fight.. Looking for someone to go 5/10 with Batman or better..

1 on 1 H2H only..

He's SUPPOSED to be a 'normal' human, but in reality, he does things FAR above peak humans.

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's SUPPOSED to be a 'normal' human, but in reality, he does things FAR above peak humans.

i already did a bz-style cap vs bats thread with rage. i was able to match nearly every single feat cap performed in regards to speed and strength, stamina and apparent skill. the 2, as they are depicted in comics, are nearly identical. the term peak human means something a little different in comics and people get FAR too caught up in the terminology of a purely fictional medium.

my real answer would be DD though.

riv6672
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Batman is better than Shang Chi and would beat Karnak 7 days a week,
laughing silliest opinions i've read all morning laughing

Daredevil might be Bats' best match up non enhanced.

Scoobless
Maybe Taskmaster (technically, he has no powers)

riv6672
Okay THAT is the funniest thing...laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by relentless1
Batman is a peak human, the best a human can be without being enhanced, his closest match in Marvel is Captain America, their physical stats are pretty close in comparison and they are both the martial arts master/ tactical leader of their respective hero teams. Id say in a knock down, drag out fight they'd be about even, 5 a piece out of 10 and although this forum doesn't support referencing crossover fights for some dumbass reason I must point out that every time they have fought they were dead even.

Batman in a crossover admitted Captain America is above him physically.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Batman in a crossover admitted Captain America is above him physically.
When?

Avengers/JLA:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/82989/2052975-cap_vs_bat.png

It's CONCEIVABLE you could beat me (my emphasis). That's not saying he's above him physically.

DC/Marvel, Cap admits they are even (and says he's more even than even Skull):
http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v44/guyverjay/batcap2.jpg

carver9
@Dark.

You are missing a fight.

http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/grandhustler303/media/Batman-CaptainAmerica-27.jpg.html

I don't have the entire thing but iirc, Bruce said Cap was physically above him.

DarkSaint85
Lol....that scan shows 'he SEEMS ALMOST to have a SLIGHT edge'. This is the rest of the fight:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2757092-waynevsrogers1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2757094-waynevsrogers2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2757095-waynevsrogers3.jpg

Don't blow it out of proportion.

carver9
Lol....that scan shows 'he SEEMS ALMOST to have a SLIGHT edge'. This is the rest of the fight:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2757092-waynevsrogers1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2757094-waynevsrogers2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2757095-waynevsrogers3.jpg

Don't blow it out of proportion.

thumb up

Thanks bud. Seems like the major compliments are leaning more towards Cap winning between the two.

DarkSaint85
Batman is just more pragmatic and tactical of the two. Why fight for hours when there are bigger things to fight for?

naurtoisbeast
Batman is just more pragmatic and tactical of the two. Why fight for hours when there are bigger things to fight for? Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Batman is just more pragmatic and tactical of the two. Why fight for hours when there are bigger things to fight for? i think batman will win here

carver9
Batman is just more pragmatic and tactical of the two. Why fight for hours when there are bigger things to fight for?

Doesn't go against what I said though.

DarkSaint85
It does, in a way.

If we fought, and I stopped fighting halfway through because I had more important things to do......does that mean you won?

Technically, yes, but if we're going on technicalities, then technically, Batman is the only one who has a clear cut win out of the two (DC/Marvel).

carver9
It does, in a way.

If we fought, and I stopped fighting halfway through because I had more important things to do......does that mean you won?

Technically, yes, but if we're going on technicalities, then technically, Batman is the only one who has a clear cut win out of the two (DC/Marvel).

I'm referring to Batman admitting a possible advantage Cap has.

Also, there was context to the Captain America and Batman fight during Marvel vs DC. Batman did not win off of pure fighting skill.

DarkSaint85

Also, there was context to the Captain America and Batman fight during Marvel vs DC. Batman did not win off of pure fighting skill.

Like I said, technicalities. Fan voted, anyway, so doesn't count - plus, crossovers are moot.

Least you have moved on from asserting that Batman admitted Cap was above him physically. When in fact, he said he 'seemed' to have a 'slight' edge.

But both are equal to each other. Any scans one side throws out, the other would also be able to. It is conceivable that Cap will beat Batman, and it is conceivable that Batman will beat Cap.

JayDaDon
When?

Avengers/JLA:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/82989/2052975-cap_vs_bat.png

It's CONCEIVABLE you could beat me (my emphasis). That's not saying he's above him physically.

DC/Marvel, Cap admits they are even (and says he's more even than even Skull):
http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v44/guyverjay/batcap2.jpg

To be fair Cap received a HUGE push in stats since those days.

pym-ftw
Yeah he pulled a helicopter down, Bruce may skirt the edge of peak, but he isn't even the strongest peak human.

abhilegend
As if that's a gauge of strength between characters.

relentless1
Batman has received huge increases in stats since then as well, IMO Batman being able to detect Caps formidable skill from just a couple blocks and parries show that he is more skilled than Cap is

relentless1
Yeah he pulled a helicopter down, Bruce may skirt the edge of peak, but he isn't even the strongest peak human.

and Bats has kicked a reinforced motorcycle in half as well has held a car in place while it was trying to speed away

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
Batman has received huge increases in stats since then as well, IMO Batman being able to detect Caps formidable skill from just a couple blocks and parries show that he is more skilled than Cap is

Which is directly in opposition with what the writer intended the scene to show.

relentless1
then the writer is a dumbass. Who's more skilled at chess, the guy who may or may not win at the end, or the guy who can see the end coming right from the beginning?? Im telling yah, the only way Cap is pulling this 5/10 wins is because his has superior physical stats, he's not as skilled as Batman when it comes to Martial Arts skill, not by a long shot.

Silent Master
If you want to argue that Batman is more skilled then you'd be better served not using a scene where the writer himself admits Batman was stating that Cap is more skilled.

pym-ftw
Not to backseat mod but c'mon guys don't use crossovers.

Bruce kicking in a fiberglass bike isn't close to pulling a flying chopper down.

Let's not even bring up the huge damage soak difference.

Silent Master
Not to backseat mod but c'mon guys don't use crossovers.

Bruce kicking in a fiberglass bike isn't close to pulling a flying chopper down.

Let's not even bring up the huge damage soak difference.

Ignoring for a moment the fact that he's using a crossover, his argument is that Batman recognizing Cap's skill means Batman is more skilled is rather silly.

It's basically arguing that the talent scout that discovered Kobe is more skilled than Kobe.

pym-ftw
laughing out loud

Supermex
Originally posted by Silent Master
Ignoring for a moment the fact that he's using a crossover, his argument is that Batman recognizing Cap's skill means Batman is more skilled is rather silly.

It's basically arguing that the talent scout that discovered Kobe is more skilled than Kobe.

Lmao true dat

Supermex
To me Bruce and Steve are close in H2H skills, but the difference in speed and strength give Steve a edge Bruce can't overcome.

Nothing bad about Bruce just is what it is..
Cap is enhanced beyond peak..

In real life when 2 fighters fight and there skills are close in the skill and strength departmentis yet there's a gap in speed big or small the advantage is telling..

h1a8
Yeah he pulled a helicopter down, Bruce may skirt the edge of peak, but he isn't even the strongest peak human. he pulled down a glass wonkavator (weighs less than a medium car) with some help of a moving car.

h1a8
To me Bruce and Steve are close in H2H skills, but the difference in speed and strength give Steve a edge Bruce can't overcome.

Nothing bad about Bruce just is what it is..
Cap is enhanced beyond peak..

In real life when 2 fighters fight and there skills are close in the skill and strength departmentis yet there's a gap in speed big or small the advantage is telling.. they are peers in speed. Cap has a slight edge in strength though and Bruce a slight edge in skill.

Silent Master
Cap has a edge is speed, agility, strength, stamina and durability.

cdtm

Thing is, the reason Cap almost drowned is because Batman hit with his battarang, while Cap missed with his shield. So it's not that Batman had the win handed to him.

Still pretty dumb, like all the fights there.

Time Immemorial
Pretty sure cap has owned Thor more then once. I see him treating Bats badly.

Silent Master
Didn't Cap only miss because he was hit by a blast of water, whereas Batman wasn't. it's not like Batman knew the blast was coming and manipulated Cap into position. so it's kind of disingenuous to use it as proof.

Not to mention the outcome was based on fan votes and not who the writers or editors thought would win.

Supermex
Cap has a edge is speed, agility, strength, stamina and durability.

Thanks

Supermex
Doesn't Cap have unlimited endorence? Or Stamina? Something like that.. On top of the speed edge already going for him.

Cap vs Batman really shouldn't be as close as peeps make it seem.. Cap has to many advantages in his favor in a H2H fight.

TheHulk
Cap A and DD are your best bet.

relentless1
so you people will say that Batman and DD are same level, yet DD has had great showings against Cap, but you will say that Batman gets stomped by Cap...the maths not adding up here folks...

DarkSaint85
Maybe they are different people saying different things?

JayDaDon
The Cap who DD had done well against in the past is a far different beast from the cap post Brubaker and Remender.

relentless1
Batman DCnU has been upgraded as well, quite a bit actually

JayDaDon
I know but to be honest, Batman has had upgrades while Cap has jumped tiers. Back then you could call Cap peak human. It would be laughable to call him that before he lost the SSS.

Silent Master
As far as getting 5/10 in a strictly hth fight, DD is probably your best bet.

h1a8
Cap has a edge is speed, agility, strength, stamina and durability. Batman can match Cap in feats of speed and agility. So no, Cap will not have an advantage in speed or agility.

Supermex
Originally posted by h1a8
Batman can match Cap in feats of speed and agility. So no, Cap will not have an advantage in speed or agility.

Cap has the serum in him. Cap is physically better than Batman at everything humanly possible. Do to serum.

What makes Batman cool is he is just a normal guy physically badass, but not suped up.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Batman can match Cap in feats of speed and agility. So no, Cap will not have an advantage in speed or agility.

No, he can't. So yes, Cap does have the edge in speed, agility, strength, stamina and durability.

h1a8
Cap has the serum in him. Cap is physically better than Batman at everything humanly possible. Do to serum.

What makes Batman cool is he is just a normal guy physically badass, but not suped up. Cap can get his power from TOAA and still be below Batman if his feats are inferior. Where or how a character gets their powers is irrelevant to whether they exceed another character in an attribute.

Batman feats are superhuman. He is suped up by definition.

h1a8
No, he can't. So yes, Cap does have the edge in speed, agility, strength, stamina and durability. Batman feats of speed, skill, and agility are just as good or better. Cap is stronger, has better stamina, and better durability (without suits)

Silent Master
No, they're not. Cap has the edge in speed, strength, agility, durability and stamina.

h1a8
No, they're not. Cap has the edge in speed, strength, agility, durability and stamina. yes they are. Name a single feat speed and agility by Cap that is better than anything Batman has ever done.

Silent Master
The RS bullet feat for one.

Star428
No, he can't. So yes, Cap does have the edge in speed, agility, strength, stamina and durability.

He has an edge in those areas but not so much that Batman can't give him a very good fight. Batman is slightly more skilled, imo, which compensates for Cap's slight physical stats advantage and as such I think this fight would be a toss-up. Could go either way.

Silent Master
I can respect that, h1 however can't even admit when one side has an advantage, if any feats are posted that show an advantage he'll just call PIS/SMvFL or lowball the feat until it becomes something that Batman can match.

h1a8
I can respect that, h1 however can't even admit when one side has an advantage, if any feats are posted that show an advantage he'll just call PIS/SMvFL or lowball the feat until it becomes something that Batman can match. The RS feat doesn't prove that Cap is faster. The intention of the writer wasn't that cap can outrun a bullet but that he can react fast enough to save someone. That's why it can be argued that Cap didn't actually outrun any bullets (for the reasons I once gave).

Batman has a light speed feat where he reacts to and blocks a laser after it enters the air. I only will use that feat if you are seriously trying to use the RS feat as sole proof that Cap is faster.

Just to be clear, I'm referring to reflex, reaction, and combat speed. Not long distance running speed.

Silent Master
I called it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.