who are the top 3 smartest human minds in marvel 616

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
top 3 smartest humans in 616 in your opinion

pym-ftw
Reed Doom & Pym

No contest.

Genii96
Reed,stark and pym

Galan007
Doom, Reed, Stark. In that order.

/thread

Deadline
When was Doom smarter than Reed? I thought Reed was marginally smarter than Doom?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Reed > Pym > Stark > Doom > Banner

Endless Mike
Isn't Valeria supposed to be smarter than Reed?

Deadline
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Reed > Pym > Stark > Doom > Banner

I think Banner is better than all those when it comes to do with the science of radiation. I think Doom said Banner was better than him in that area.

Existere
Pretty silly, given Doom's feats of energy manipulation and absorption, or given that radiation is also the root of the F4 powers.

That said, everybody has their niche. Beast is, I think, Marvel Earth's top geneticist (although there are a lot of other big names in that category).

Doesn't mean he gets a spot in this thread though.

Deadline
Originally posted by Existere
Pretty silly, given Doom's feats of energy manipulation and absorption, or given that radiation is also the root of the F4 powers.

That said, everybody has their niche. Beast is, I think, Marvel Earth's top geneticist (although there are a lot of other big names in that category).

Doesn't mean he gets a spot in this thread though.

Are you for real? Gamma radiation? Do you have amnesia? Serioulsy though Banner has some impressive feats as well.

Just go here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=571911&pagenumber=3

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Isn't Valeria supposed to be smarter than Reed? Seems like it. Though her issue is she's still a kid so she's more prone to mistakes/can't adapt to them as well.

When both Reed and Doom go to her though for help you know she's up there.

Digi
Pre-Avengers movie, Tony's not even in this thread. Yeah, he's always been smart. But they're downplaying Reed because of the Sony hack job, and pumping up Tony bc he's a savant at everything in the films.

I don't blame them. But having them in the same breath would have been laughable even five years ago, let alone 10-20.

Similarly with Pym, though it's been less overt with him, and they started him off with Ultron pretty early, so he's always been in the conversation.

Doom has been lurking for longer than Tony, of course, but has also got a respective bump in the last decade. Odd, considering how hard they've sh*t on the FF as a whole bc of the movie franchise.

We have a recency bias here on KMC. If we consider characters' entire histories, though, Reed stomps everyone.

I like the shout-out to Beast. There are a few others that will be pushed out of discussion while the biggest minds command our discussion. But depending on the field of study, there are a handful of others as smart as the big guns. McCoy is one. Banner's another. Forge, Parker, Jackal, Sinister, T'Challa, MODOK, Leader, Cho, etc. and cosmics like Kang, Thanos, and High Evolutionary, though they wouldn't qualify under OP's stipulations.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Digi
Pre-Avengers movie, Tony's not even in this thread. Yeah, he's always been smart. But they're downplaying Reed because of the Sony hack job, and pumping up Tony bc he's a savant at everything in the films.

I don't blame them. But having them in the same breath would have been laughable even five years ago, let alone 10-20.

Similarly with Pym, though it's been less overt with him, and they started him off with Ultron pretty early, so he's always been in the conversation.

Doom has been lurking for longer than Tony, of course, but has also got a respective bump in the last decade. Odd, considering how hard they've sh*t on the FF as a whole bc of the movie franchise.

We have a recency bias here on KMC. If we consider characters' entire histories, though, Reed stomps everyone.

I like the shout-out to Beast. There are a few others that will be pushed out of discussion while the biggest minds command our discussion. But depending on the field of study, there are a handful of others as smart as the big guns. McCoy is one. Banner's another. Forge, Parker, Jackal (genetics, cloning), T'Challa, Cho, etc. Some of the dumbest shit Reed's done has been in the past 5 years though.

Tony just does a bunch of global shit even now. And the dyson sphere which is a combination effort though it's kind of high end for him.

Digi
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Some of the dumbest shit Reed's done has been in the past 5 years though.

My point exactly. They're bringing him down to Earth, so to speak, but he's still got the most feats by a mile. The subtle depowering of him over the last ~5 years is the only reason ANY debate can exist about #1.

Deadline
Originally posted by Digi
If we consider characters' entire histories, though, Reed stomps everyone.

What I'm trying to say kinda. They're just trying to give Tony a push.

Existere
Originally posted by Deadline
Are you for real? Gamma radiation? Do you have amnesia? Serioulsy though Banner has some impressive feats as well.

Just go here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=571911&pagenumber=3 facepalm

Deadline
^ Well what ppl usually do is counter points, instead of just pretending your right. Facepalming doesn't prove anything.

Existere
Originally posted by Deadline
^ Well what ppl usually do is counter points, instead of just pretending your right. Facepalming doesn't prove anything. Counter points? All you did was ask if I had amnesia and post a link to a respect thread.

None of which replied to what I wrote, so....

facepalm

Deadline
^ Ok when you're done trolling. You know what to do.

Existere
Moving on...

Black Panther's received a notable push lately as well, and with a movie on the horizon (2018), I expect that he'll continue to receive that treatment.

basilisk
It used to be Reed all the way. And counting all his feats he is still well ahead I think. But yeah they have definitely pushed him down a bit in recent years for whatever reasons. I still think Reed/Doom at the top.

But part of the problem is Marvel's shift further and further from the sort of basis in reality that was part of their original formula for success. Back then each genius was limited, and usually they had some special field they were expert in to distinguish them in some way. Now all the geniuses do such ludicrously over the top stuff in any field they like and it's almost impossible to pick who is top. They just do whatever crazy feat is required for plot.

Remember the days when Reed actually stood out? Or when Tony Stark was an industrialist and semi-conventional weapons maker instead of tooling with Dyson spheres and other crazy stuff? Or when Banner was a gamma ray expert and not making Banner Tech force fields and teleporting around? When Pym and McCoy were biochemists and Pym dabbled in clunky robots instead of transdimensional infinite mansions , and Beast wasn't building time machines?

Naija boy
Definitely still Reed. Afterwhich Doom/Stark/Banner are pretty interchangeable depending on whose writing em.

"Id"
Doom, Reed, and Stark.

krisblaze
Originally posted by basilisk
But part of the problem is Marvel's shift further and further from the sort of basis in reality that was part of their original formula for success. Back then each genius was limited, and usually they had some special field they were expert in to distinguish them in some way. Now all the geniuses do such ludicrously over the top stuff in any field they like and it's almost impossible to pick who is top. They just do whatever crazy feat is required for plot.
This.

There's absolutely no limit anymore.

Which is why I have a hard time buying into Hickman's story. Reed could just make some thingamajig that restores all the universes or whatever.

SWblayde938
so its still reed

tjcoady
1). Reed.
2). Doom
3)....... Toss up between T'Challla, Pym, "The Leader (with his enhanced intelligence)," and the 'The Master of the Universe'"

Without the competition? Amadeus Cho.

zom1967
Galactus is probably the best judge of this,and he told Reed he has a universal intellect.Doom is very close to this,Pym and Banner are a notch down to me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.