Death Seed Sentry vs Shaman Xman Nate Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Terryc250
whom

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry.

"Id"
Sentry

Terryc250
Reasons?

"Id"
To much physical force in favor of the Sentry.

Reflassshh
I will play the devil's advocate here. How does Sentry hurt Shaman Nate when it was shown that he wasn't susceptible to physical force?

"Id"
They are both Psionic Beings, assume they are able to harm each other.

Terryc250
I don't think Nate can be harmed physically, and on a Psi level, isn't Nate higher?

Tony Stark
DSENTRY

Terryc250
^ reason?

DarkSaint85
I am inclined to go for Nate.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Terryc250
^ reason? cos he's a nut Job that gives any Sentry a win in any thread. Plus he thinks Sentry is high Abstract lvl

Delta1938
Originally posted by Insane Titan
cos he's a nut Job that gives any Sentry a win in any thread. Plus he thinks Sentry is high Abstract lvl

(slow clap)

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Delta1938
(slow clap) *takes a bow*

krisblaze
I actually can't imagine a scenario where Nate loses here.

He's so much more skilled when it comes telepathy and telekinesis that he should be able to offset Sentry's power advantage.

Dsentry's healing/Nate's phasing or whatever probably won't factor in as they're both dealing with psionic stuff. Nate should be able to deliver "true death" to Sentry and Sentry should be able to affect Nate no problem.

Close fight, I go with experience.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
I actually can't imagine a scenario where Nate loses here.

He's so much more skilled when it comes telepathy and telekinesis that he should be able to offset Sentry's power advantage.

Dsentry's healing/Nate's phasing or whatever probably won't factor in as they're both dealing with psionic stuff. Nate should be able to deliver "true death" to Sentry and Sentry should be able to affect Nate no problem.

Close fight, I go with experience.

thumb up

Mindship
Shaman Nate is that powerful? I'll be darned.

DarkSaint85
Not just that he's that powerful, but his powers are weird and a bad matchup against most characters, simply because he is the opposite of a glass cannon. A spirit cannon?

leonidas
as much sense as some have made, the biggest reason to go against dentry is that stark took him....but still, can't see nate winning this. dentry--based on his ltd appearances--seems to be on a whole different level. if nate could somehow call up all of sentry's old demons, he might have a chance, otherwise, i can't see him winning this at all

DarkSaint85
This was what I was thinking of. 'Remember, Bob, what it was like to be afraid, to doubt yourself?'

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56748/1098668-dark_x_men_03_0006.jpg

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This was what I was thinking of. 'Remember, Bob, what it was like to be afraid, to doubt yourself?'

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56748/1098668-dark_x_men_03_0006.jpg

My only thing is that the whole Agoraphobia and other such fears came from the Void. Or rather the drug addled version of Robert Reynolds. And right now that part of Bob is gone replaced by the Death Seed.

I know what you mean Dark but I was just thinking based on the fact that it may not affect Sentry purely on the basis that it isn't part of him anymore.

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
as much sense as some have made, the biggest reason to go against dentry is that stark took him....but still, can't see nate winning this. dentry--based on his ltd appearances--seems to be on a whole different level. if nate could somehow call up all of sentry's old demons, he might have a chance, otherwise, i can't see him winning this at all

This. Giving this fight to my boy Sentry but it will jot be easy.

One_Angry_Scot
I'd like to clarify I am not denying Nate's power with telepathy and TK but it was more to do with how Sentry is now.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
My only thing is that the whole Agoraphobia and other such fears came from the Void. Or rather the drug addled version of Robert Reynolds. And right now that part of Bob is gone replaced by the Death Seed.

I know what you mean Dark but I was just thinking based on the fact that it may not affect Sentry purely on the basis that it isn't part of him anymore.

Do you think Nate actually knew Sentry?

One_Angry_Scot
Do you think Nate actually knew Sentry?

It's possible, I take it you don't think so. I was just going on what was said in the image I sent to you via PM.

I just thought that since the Void isn't part of him. The part that gives him the fear isn't part of him anymore. Makes me question if them tactics specifically would work. I'm sure just going for a pure TP battle would be a better option.

DarkSaint85
True, I guessed I asked the wrong q - do you think they fought together?

Interesting though, that when they met Nate didn't attempt to attack Bob.

Now? A pure TP battle is what it'll come down to, you're right. Quite an even fight tbh.

One_Angry_Scot
True, I guessed I asked the wrong q - do you think they fought together?

Interesting though, that when they met Nate didn't attempt to attack Bob.

Now? A pure TP battle is what it'll come down to, you're right. Quite an even fight tbh.

(I don't mean this sentence as a lecture)

Sentry's history was like as we know the superhero that predated many others, he helped many characters and worked with many as well.

That's why when Nate saw Bob, perhaps he remembered the times they had together, and he saw no reason to attack him. Like Sentry was this all encompassing character. He helped characters with fears and stuff. Nate doesn't really have a reason to attack the Sentry in my opinion.

I think it is possible they fought together based on what has been displayed yes.

eaebiakuya
as much sense as some have made, the biggest reason to go against dentry is that stark took him

When that happened ?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
When that happened ?

I think Leo is referring to this but it wasn't Death Sentry as him and Stark haven't had an encounter.

When Stark made CLOC flood Sentry's mind with a ton of accidents to render him ineffective.

http://i.imgur.com/MfWPl06.jpg

Mindship
Not just that he's that powerful, but his powers are weird and a bad matchup against most characters, simply because he is the opposite of a glass cannon. A spirit cannon? I would think the opposite would be a tank/brick. Are you saying there's more to him than TP and TK? I like the simplicity of his powerset, but maybe Nate does some unorthodox stuff with it, stuff other TP and TK wielders don't. I don't know much about the guy, other than his attire is pretty cool, too.

ODG
as much sense as some have made, the biggest reason to go against dentry is that stark took him....but still, can't see nate winning this. dentry--based on his ltd appearances--seems to be on a whole different level. if nate could somehow call up all of sentry's old demons, he might have a chance, otherwise, i can't see him winning this at all No more agoraphobia. His Death persona is absolutely psychotic but it was hammered home by Remender that he's got no hangups from his past self. He sees himself as the Apocalypse, shepherd of humankind.

RealityWarper
Sentry without trying

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by ODG
No more agoraphobia. His Death persona is absolutely psychotic but it was hammered home by Remender that he's got no hangups from his past self. He sees himself as the Apocalypse, shepherd of humankind.

Lets soon hope that he's back.

I am thinking he has to return in the current Uncanny Avengers since that's all about the High Evolutionary and evolving humans.

And the solicitations for the next one are.

What evil lurks on the Moon of Counter Earth. But that is just me being hopeful.

Mr.SunKing
Bump.

One Big Mob
You've been waiting 7 years for this moment. From your inception in 2012 this has been your sole goal. Now is the time to strike

tkitna

What is this from? Is that supposed to be the Void or is that some Venom like symbiote? I don't remember this at all.

carver9
Its Venom

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
Its Venom

Thanks. No wonder I don't remember it then.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
Thanks. No wonder I don't remember it then.

It's from Dark Reign.

Gargan Venom - the weakest Venom of all time (which sucked, as technically combining Scorpion's and Venom's powers should result in a pretty powerful villain).

Stoic
I don't think that anyone can answer this question, nor will they be able to. DSentry's run ended far too soon, with no explanation for what happened to him post giant worm. They just sort of rebooted him, made him whole, and had him fly off to god knows where while giving us very little in terms of what his power level is. I mean, we do know that he'd destroy a Herald with ease, but that's about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.