Heroes Reborn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
So exited they are doing another series.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/01/heroes-super-bowl-commercial-will-history-repeat-itself-/

Arachnid1
C6zVQXpUe_0&x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404

Lestov16
I guess I'll give it a shot because I was devoted to it and it's the first primetime show I stuck with it from it's premiere until the end. But the show suffered a massive dip in quality after season one, and although the final two chapters were okay, they were still very mediocre and I hated the series finale. The only reason I stuck with the show was because I loved the character of Sylar, and not only did I hate his redemption arc but he's not even returning. Hopefully these writers learned something from the new flurry of superhero films and TV Shows.

DARTH POWER
Oh damn I completely forgot this was coming this year.

I actually think Sylar became the show's biggest problem. He was an Amazing villain in Season 1. But he should have died there. They dragged him on as the primary Villain for far too long, whilst other Villains would just come and go and not amount to anything special.

I actually didn't mind his redemption, because it was just taking him away from that lead villain role. What I did mind was him trying redemption once, going back to the main villain, trying a second time, then going back to the main villain and then going down the redemption route again for good in the final season. It was too much of a zig zag that didn't work for me at all.

But him thinking he was Nathan was a pretty interesting story.

BruceSkywalker
won't be watching unless the first show gets good reviews

marwash22
I'm a huge fan of this show and despite the steady decline in quality and terrible ending, I'm excited for it's return.

I'm hoping good things are to come.

marwash22
BHClJhC8Wfs

Firefly218
I'm most excited to see how good a villain Zachary Levi will play

Surtur
I loved Sylar from beginning to end with the exception of him in the 2nd season. For me I must be one of the few who actually liked what they ended up doing with him. People say he was redeemed but I like to think of it as..he was cured. Also remember he started killing to gain power, but by the end he had figured out a way to take powers without killing. On top of that it still took him the equivalent of several years spent inside a mental prison.

I dunno, it made sense to me in a way. As much sense as anything on the show did anyways. I will be watching and it seems the new show premieres right on my birthday. It will be nice to see it back, but the first season of the original series was so utterly perfect it will be hard to top. I have very rarely found a tv show that doesn't have any sub par episodes in an entire season and the ones that do manage that usually only have 8-12 episodes total per season, but Heroes had 23 episodes that first season, all of them great.

I will say I hated the character of Hiro though. Besides Sylar there aren't many people from the original series I'd be massively looking forward to seeing. Maybe Adam, but he is a pile of dust. Though since time travel exists he could still be brought back..he was the only tolerable thing about season 2. I don't mind the character of Peter but he was just so utterly stupid in the way he used his vast powers that it made you want to smash your head against the wall. Obviously they backed themselves into a corner with the character so you can see why by the end of the series he'd lost his powers and then only regained the ability to take a single power at a time.

Apparently Matt Parkman and Mohinder return as well. Eh, I kind of liked Matt. Micah is also returning and I found the kid annoying as all hell. Maybe that is because of the way they handled his fathers death which was horrible to me and I liked DL.

marwash22
Matt Parkman should be Martian Manhunter level at this point.

The Nuul
This show doesn't need Sylar, there are new stories to tell. I am looking forward to this show again and glad to see some of the old cast are back.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Matt Parkman should be Martian Manhunter level at this point.

**** Matt Parkman in his stupid fat face. **** that guy.

marwash22
no, fucc you, tart!

Surtur
I don't see Matt as quite on the level of J'onn or Xavier. I suppose he could of had a huge increase of power though. Especially since he could technically get years of practice done in a matter of moments.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
no, fucc you, tart!

Why don't you go watch The Lion King and cry again like a pansy, Mouth.

marwash22
see, this is why i don't tell you things. no trust.

Robtard
LGtJn-L5xEs

Cry for me, Mouth. Cry!

LK is one of my fav animations of all time

marwash22
4FLHB2zB_cA

Time-Immemorial
http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/heroes-reborn-premiere-review-nbc-1201594484/

Time-Immemorial
This is a must watch.

TheVaultDweller
Watched the first two. Looked pretty interesting so far, so will keep with it.

Poor Rene though. I liked that guy.

REXXXX
Thoughts so far? I've generally enjoyed it but not feeling inspired by some of the dialogue and plot. But not nearly as dreadful as Season 3 and 4.

Dreampanther
Bleh. I've watched up until episode 4 and will have to force myself to finish it. I made the mistake of starting to watch Banshee a couple of weeks ago and ended up binge watching it. Now I find Heroes so tedious... The action is atrocious, the story and pace is boring, the characters insipid, the acting mediocre... So far, apart from Noah, of course, I simply do not care whether anybody lives or dies in this series. Quite frankly, I'd be delighted if Sylar showed up and slaughtered them all. The standards other shows are setting nowadays are just too high. Heroes was revolutionary and inspiring when it first came out, but now it just feels like a bad copy of itself.

I will probably watch the last two episodes eventually, but if I never get around to them I doubt that I will grieve much. Don't want to take away from anybody's enjoyment, but personally I found myself browsing on my phone a lot more than watching the screen.

TheVaultDweller
I am just glad they are done with Kitana girl, so I no longer have to look at her cringe-worthy live-action fight sequences. Honestly, that fight with her against that group of employees in the one episode is one of the most atrocious fights I have seen in a long time. Bad camera angles and bad cutting/editing, which does nothing but highlight that the girl they cast has no clue what she is doing when it actually comes to martial arts.

Robtard
Agreed, glad she's gone and hope she NEVER returns.

This show isn't very good though and rumors are it won't be renewed for a season two.

marwash22
also glad katana girl is done... Ando 2.0 wasn't any better with all of his over-acting.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they just run this season to the end and go back to web comics and things after that. I'm mainly watching it for the sake of nostalgia right now. I'm not even sure why I feel nostalgic. Heroes started off well but then went downhill by season 2 and never really recovered.

And I also felt like they were trying too hard to do the Hiro & Ando thing again with Katana girl and her sidekick, but it didn't work at all. Those two were terrible and I often found myself losing interest during their bits of the story.

BruceSkywalker
reading some people's posts makes me glad that I have stopped watching

wakkawakkawakka
I didn't think this show would be so negatively received. Is it really that bad?

marwash22
loved this episode.

This show is at it's best when time travel is involved and when they start bringing the characters together and all the puzzle pieces get revealed. The problem is that the buildup is often slow and involves plotlines that aren't as interesting until you know how they fit within the larger picture.

i had a feeling that the Equinox girl was Claire's daughter, but i couldn't make it work logically due to the age difference... they made it work with the time traveling. i didn't at all suspect the twists involving Nathan... that was good stuff.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, this episode, and the last one to a degree, have been some of the stronger episodes. Nice to see all the little threads finally coming together, though it is shit that it takes them until episode 7 - 8 before the show starts getting proper coherency. Also, hopefully that flashback is the only bit more we see of Katana girl. laughing

Agreed that this show actually handles time travel a lot better than most. They manage to create a scenario where there are ripple effects etc. without necessarily causing paradoxes (or non-major, ignore-able ones), which makes it work better than a lot of other shows and films. They blend the time traveling elements well so that it fits cleanly into the storyline.

Surtur
I am glad I didn't get into this show much since it's been cancelled.

cdtm
Loved the first episode. Gonna binge watch the series.

Rotten Tomatoes gave it low reviews. Which means it's probably awesome, because critics have bad taste..

Robtard
Nah, it's turning out to not be very good. I have one more ep to go and I don't expect much.

TheVaultDweller
I found the last episode to be disappointing, but that's not too surprising considering there were probably only a few decent episodes out of the whole lot. So I expected this show to be canned after one season. It was already getting stale before it even reached the finale.

Surtur
It's really a shame. There are so many successful super hero shows on tv right now..I'm not saying copy them, but maybe use them as a blueprint to what works and what doesn't.

The original Heroes series pretty much kickstarted the whole current craze with super hero tv. Damn that was a great 1st season.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.