Which Villain has the best backstory?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Werewolf582
In your opinion, which comic villain do you think has the best backstory?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Rhino

relentless1
I always liked Two Faces origin story

Supermex
Shedder

Reflassshh
It's between the Governor, Joker or Mr Dark.

Werewolf582
I really liked Jokers backstory, it hits my top 10.

Time Immemorial
Thanos

Henry_Pym
Ultron, he existed for years before ever becoming a villain.

-Pr-
Sinister.

Mindset
Originally posted by Reflassshh
It's between the Governor, Joker or Mr Dark. Originally posted by Werewolf582
I really liked Jokers backstory, it hits my top 10. What's good about Joker's back story?

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Mindset
What's good about Joker's back story? Basically, it 's randomness. A failed comedian who had to enter in the underworld out of desperation, only to end up ruining his own life by doing the wrong thing in the wrong night but with the best intentions.

psycho gundam
Magneto

Werewolf582
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Basically, it 's randomness. A failed comedian who had to enter in the underworld out of desperation, only to end up ruining his own life by doing the wrong thing in the wrong night but with the best intentions.

I loved how they portrayed it in the killing joke.

SamZED
Originally posted by Werewolf582
I really liked Jokers backstory, it hits my top 10. Joker's origin IS my top 10.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Werewolf582
I loved how they portrayed it in the killing joke. The killing joke in itself was brilliant. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Lex Luthor.

Swearing to kill someone, no matter the costs and innocent blood spilled, because you lost your hair? All of us can relate.

Existere
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lex Luthor.

Swearing to kill someone, no matter the costs and innocent blood spilled, because you lost your hair? All of us can relate. Yeah, especially this guy:

Originally posted by Supermex
Shedder

Galan007
Superman.

Reflassshh
Pym.

carver9
Magneto, Apocalypse or Sinister

Insane Titan
Though not strictly a villain , Galactus

Mindship
Thanos. Reread "Rebirth." Cool ending.

Supermutant
Cyclops

MF DELPH
Lots of good choices so far. I've always liked Hank Henshaw's story. It begins as a tragic reinterpretation of the Fantastic Four's origin, and then gets a hell of a lot darker, and his motivations (wanting to die to be with his wife but being unable to) are interesting. He's a complete bastard, but he's extremely sympathetic. I also like Mr. Freeze for similar reasons (his criminality being caused by his desperation to save his wife at any cost) and, as mentioned before, Magneto. I think I've always liked villains where they might do evil things but there's a degree of justification behind their actions, even if they go to far.

Flyattractor
Lobo's from The last Czarnian.

-K-M-

MF DELPH
Good pick Mungi.

Mindset
I pick Doom of course.

Mindship
Doomsday has an interesting backstory, certainly one of the most tragic.

Bentley
Kang kangbiscuits

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Magneto

TheHulk
Magneto, Joker and Carver9.

StiltmanFTW
Carver's origin was first told in Pr volume 1 issue 23, am I right?

Reflassshh
The kryptonian dragon.

-K-M-
Again not one of the bests, but I like this one too

DEADLY ERNEST
Originally posted by -K-M-

---------------------------------------------
Origin
---------------------------------------------
Alpha Flight #08 :
Here's the story of one of Alpha Flight's villains. A mere mortal doing what no one has ever done before...beat Death.

1. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/AlphaFlight08-09.jpg
2. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/AlphaFlight08-10.jpg
3. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/AlphaFlight08-11.jpg

TheHulk
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Carver's origin was first told in Pr volume 1 issue 23, am I right? Indeed and Jake further revealed to the world the truth of The Incredible Carter.

celeyhyga17
Loki...

So here's a guy who's father hid him from other frost giants out of shame cause he was unusually tiny. His father gets slain in combat by a hated mortal enemy(Odin and his Asgardians). To add insult to in jury, the guy who wacked his poppa adopts/kidnaps him out of pity and raises him along side the biological son... Now this son is basically the golden boy of the realm who is destined to take the mantle of All-father. While growing up, he is constantly measured and compared to the Asgardian standard which of course the golden boy exhibits. He turns out resentful, hateful, and basically full of phukked up daddy issues. He never had a chance.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
I pick Doom of course.

The topic is about villain backstories, not heroes or saviors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.