Legends Banner on Movie Novelizations?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChaosTheory123
Is that a thing?

Google image search isn't exactly coming up with anything, nor is amazon

Though Amazon is missing the Legends banners on covers of things that should be "Legends" anyway at this time :hmm

Tzeentch
I recall reading somewhere that the novelizations are still canon.

Zenwolf
Novels are still canon.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Novels are still canon.

No disney is like ankama with the randomness of their own game dofus...
They are extremists...

They have said than this wasn't canon because it was just an false interpretations of the moovie !

But that's doesn't mean than they are true...

|King Joker|
Leland Chee said something along the lines that the novels are still canon except the contradicted/retconned stuff within the novels. I don't know.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Leland Chee said something along the lines that the novels are still canon except the contradicted/retconned stuff within the novels. I don't know.

It's just so odd with that tbh. :/ I mean scenes that weren't in the movies or changed in the novels, ok fine sure, will take that.

But the context within the fights and bits in scenes that are seen on screen and told in the novel, kinda throw me off. I mean would the context be canon? Or not?

If not, it just seems pointless to make the novels canon. I tried asking once, but never did get a full answer from Lee.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Zenwolf
It's just so odd with that tbh. :/ I mean scenes that weren't in the movies or changed in the novels, ok fine sure, will take that.

But the context within the fights and bits in scenes that are seen on screen and told in the novel, kinda throw me off. I mean would the context be canon? Or not?

If not, it just seems pointless to make the novels canon. I tried asking once, but never did get a full answer from Lee. I don't see why the context within the fights would be considered non-canon.

Maybe they can just edit out the contradictions and non-canon stuff? I doubt it would change the quality of the novels themselves.

Zenwolf
I don't see why the context within the fights would be considered non-canon.

Maybe they can just edit out the contradictions and non-canon stuff? I doubt it would change the quality of the novels themselves.

I was thinking along the same lines, but then people say that if it didn't show/appear in the movies, then the context is not canon. So that's why I'm kinda confused about it...

|King Joker|
I guess we just have to try and get Leland to comment on this issue again. What he said wasn't very clear.

Revanchiste
For one contradiction disney can make the all novelisation non canon like they did with ToR....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.