Why did Malcolm Merlyn kill Sara in Arrow?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Yes! I know that technically the arrow was pulled by Thea, but she was under Merlyn's control so it was still Merlyn who did it really.

I just don't really get what the reasons were. He clearly didn't want Thea to become in danger. I know he wanted Oliver to fight him, but why did he want Oliver to fight him?

When Oliver appeared dead, Merlyn seemed full of regret & guilt. So why did he kill Sara & ask Oliver to fight Ras in the first place?

Even if his hope was for Oliver to kill Ras, doesn't that seem rather risky? He couldn't have known Oliver would kill him.

I just don't understand it. Why did Merlyn kill Sara?

It's like he said earlier in the series "It's illogical".

Placidity
The League wanted Merlyn dead for yet unknown reasons.

If Ras was killed, then Merlyn would be safe.

Merlyn setup the whole thing so Oliver would challenge Ra's (trying to protect Thea).

Merlyn obviously thought very highly of Oliver. But I think he should've known Ra's was way above Oliver, and this plan would never have succeeded.

marwash22
^ especially since Malcolm himself has repeatedly handed Oliver his ass. The whole thing was stupid.

Firefly218
Yeah, pretty stupid.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Placidity
The League wanted Merlyn dead for yet unknown reasons.
They wanted him dead because Merlyn's undertaking in the 1st season went against their code.

But other than that, yeah.

BruceSkywalker
it was written in the script

wakkawakkawakka
Aside from the highly unlikely chance that Oliver could beat Ras, I though the whole thing was also a means for the League to take their eyes of Meryln for a minute so he could GTFO to some other country.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.