Magneto -Vs- Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..

Cls.Magneto

Vs

Cls.Juggernaut

StiltmanFTW
Juggernaut.

Or stalemate. Mags could just keep his distance. He would tire out eventually, though. And Cain would not.

carver9
Can't remember what was going on with Magneto here. Isn't this when he took the Super Soldier serum and during this fight it had a lasting affect.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33916/1144112-what_if_v2_094_12_13.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33916/1144113-what_if_v2_094_14.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33916/1144114-what_if_v2_094_15.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33916/1144110-what_if_v2_094_16.jpg

By the way, Juggernaut beats him here.

carver9
By the way...that's a what if.

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9

Who would you pick Carver?

Ptr_Grifin
That from, "What If? Kindgom of Cain". When Mags could no longer hold his shield, he succumbed to the radiation that was a result of all the Sentinels. In that comic, the radiation killed, almost, everyone on Earth. Juggs power made him immune and Magneto's shield kept him safe. There was an underground society shielded from the radiation, but when Cain entered the area, he broke the barrier keeping them safe. Eventually they all died which left Cain to wander the Earth alone.

StiltmanFTW
There was also that What if in which Xavier was Juggs. Mags couldn't do a thing to him.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
There was also that What if in which Xavier was Juggs. Mags couldn't do a thing to him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/96764/1703900-422663_mags1_super.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Supermex
Who would you pick Carver?

If it's full powered Jugs, he would power through anything Magneto threw at him. Magneto is a beast but Juggernaut immunity to harm is above Mags.

StiltmanFTW
^^ Yes, that's it. Thanks thumb up

Golgo13
Juggernaut eventually.

Existere
Magneto tosses him out of atmosphere

riv6672
Explains the horrendous art.

Juggernaut wins, if not a draw.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Existere
Magneto tosses him out of atmosphere

thumb up

TheHulk
I swear i was just thinking about this fight while taking a shit in the toilet and it was just a few minutes ago laughing out loud laughing out loud :lol

edit: I forgot to answer the threads question. It could go either way....but i'll safely take Juggy for the win.

eaebiakuya
Magneto by BFR.

StiltmanFTW
Nah.

KingD19
Magneto can't manipulate his armor, so he can't toss him anywhere. The only Juggernaut he ever tossed was the one made of metal.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
Magneto can't manipulate his armor, so he can't toss him anywhere. The only Juggernaut he ever tossed was the one made of metal.

Why can't he target the iron in Juggernaut's blood and toss him into space? Sure, he can't rip the blood out of him like he did to that one guy in the movies, but then he doesn't need to. Also in the movies he needed the guy to have extra iron injected into him, but comic Magneto can do that trick regardless of if you have extra iron in your blood or not.

I also thought at his most broken power levels he had magnetic fields so strong he could manipulate non-metal objects?

Supermex
Isn't Juggys protected by whatever?

Maybe Mags can't get to his body or blood due to the enchantment.

abhilegend
Erik can simply trap him into a force field and toss him in the space or simply manipulate the ground beneath him to shoot in space BFRing him. He has done both BTW.

Surtur
Isn't Juggys protected by whatever?

Maybe Mags can't get to his body or blood due to the enchantment.

If you're talking about Juggernaut having some kind of skin tight forcefield or something..well, I would think Magneto could just target the blood inside him still. He doesn't actually have to shoot a beam of magnetism out of his hand, he can do it by force of will.

Plus I still think in the past Magneto has shown he can manipulate non-metal objects.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Erik can simply trap him into a force field and toss him in the space or simply manipulate the ground beneath him to shoot in space BFRing him. He has done both BTW.
I thought about it, too. Ff strategy is not going to work. Jean tried it. Juggs' enchantments protect him.

Ground beneath? Possibly could work, but Cain can just jump off it. He's not that dumb.

abhilegend
I thought about it, too. Ff strategy is not going to work. Jean tried it. Juggs' enchantments protect him.

Ground beneath? Possibly could work, but Cain can just jump off it. He's not that dumb.
Considering lifting him with TK is different than wrapping a FF, no.

Cain is just that dumb. Skaar BFRed him the same way, lifted in air and punched in orbit.

krisblaze
Doesn't even need to BFR him, can just keep him suspended indefinitely.

carver9
Magneto isn't beating Juggernaut.

Supermex
Skaar was not fighting Cls.Juggy I believe.

Supermex
Due to Juggernauts enchantment, Magneto can't levitate juggernaut, because he simply cannot be levitated if he doesn't want to be.

carver9
Skaar was not fight Cls.Juggy I believe.

He had his full power when he fought Skaar.

DarkSaint85
Carver is now torn, lol.

carver9
Due to Juggernauts enchantment, Magneto can't levitate juggernaut, because he simply cannot be levitated if he doesn't want to be.

Juggernaut enchantment works against such things. Levitating him isn't going to work. Juggernaut would more than likely power through it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138516/3926902-jean+v+jugg+2.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver is now torn, lol.

Naah...Magneto doesn't have the power to do the combo Skaar did.

DarkSaint85
Wait...all I see is a newbie Jean levitating him...and Prof X telling her not to strain herself.

Erik wouldn't care.

bluewaterrider

By that reasoning, Jug also can't sink into a foundation of wet cement which would take him weeks to get out of.

He'd have to be a psychotic to desire THAT fate.

Yet nearly every reader on this forum knows that DID happen, and by exactly whose hand that happened.

Magneto wins this match via battlefield removal.

carver9
Wait...all I see is a newbie Jean levitating him...and Prof X telling her not to strain herself.

Erik wouldn't care.

Keep reading a Lil further.

DarkSaint85
Not to mention, Mags seems to do just fine with enchanted metal:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/47999/1127051-magneto87.jpg

http://i.stack.imgur.com/2UIHz.jpg

DarkSaint85

Yes, but what I'm saying is, a newb Marvel Girl was able to lift him up, and was told not to strain herself. THEN Juggy pushed her TK power aside.

You think Magneto would make such a mistake in a forum fight?

KingD19

He wasn't Classic, and Skaar was getting help from his dad the whole fight. Iirc, the only reason he could even knock Cain into space was because they both ended up pretty high in the air and Skaar hit the ground before Cain did. So he had time to charge his Old Power punch.

carver9
Yes, but what I'm saying is, a newb Marvel Girl was able to lift him up, and was told not to strain herself. THEN Juggy pushed her TK power aside.

You think Magneto would make such a mistake in a forum fight?

Yes...I think he will have a problem. He did have issues lifting up part of a mountain, a nose bleed...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24179/1088423-743470_magneto_super.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24179/1071902-homcivilwar02zonemeganpjk8.png

Nice showing for Mags but we all know Juggernauts power AND strength is greater than any mountain. Mags would get more than a nose bleed trying to lift Juggy.

DarkSaint85
Yeah...but his mass is not greater than a mountain's....

carver9

Cyttorak enchantment is though. This is what we are discussing.

bluewaterrider

It's great enough to sink in water, too ...

Caps Conscience
couldn't mags grab his helmet and keep him suspended the air?

carver9
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
couldn't mags grab his helmet and keep him suspended the air?

No.

DarkSaint85
Cyttorak enchantment is though. This is what we are discussing.

So...Newb Jean is able to lift something with more mass than a mountain, without straining herself too much, and give him a chance to break free.....

But classic Mags cannot?

DarkSaint85
Not once, but twice:

http://www.comicsrecommended.com/images/gothedistance/x-men-uncanny-classic-jean-j.jpg

carver9
So...Newb Jean is able to lift something with more mass than a mountain, without straining herself too much, and give him a chance to break free.....

But classic Mags cannot?

I don't think you seen the post I replied too. Lifting him up, sure, holding him in place indefinitely, ain't happening. The Jean showings were temporary. Given time, she probably would've fainted due to the power Juggernaut was/is exerting.

bluewaterrider

But classic Mags cannot?

There seem to be TWO "Classic" Juggernauts at work at Marvel.
One ignores all semblance of physics, the other has to obey mundane forces like gravity.

Interestingly, that first one seems unable to counteract forces that Magneto proved able to contain, and magical ones at that.

Recall now that, while Magneto proved able to halt the force of Mjolnir, Juggernaut, Classic and with force field and all, could only go along for the ride:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14025032
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14025039
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Thor #429, Volume 1
Writer: Tom DeFalco
Penciller: Ron Frenz
Date: February 1991
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://marvel.wikia.com/Thor_Vol_1_429

Supermex
Juggernaut armor is just not Mystical Armor.. It's the Will of Cyttorack. Magneto can suppress the Juggernauts momentum by generating force barriers or using a power enough Energy beam could even toss the Juggernaut. But he can not control Juggernaut's armor like any other metal.
Really theres no barrier that magneto can make can stop Juggy..

Majolnir is a different type of magic because the Majolnir is a craftsmanship with enchanted powers. It's not like Juggernaut's armor which is directly linked to Cyttorack's will.

DarkSaint85
I don't think you seen the post I replied too. Lifting him up, sure, holding him in place indefinitely, ain't happening. The Jean showings were temporary. Given time, she probably would've fainted due to the power Juggernaut was/is exerting.

NOW you finally get what I'm saying.

WHO said he was holding him in place indefinitely???

Going back to my post, do you think Mags would keep him suspended, giving him time to break free, without throwing him away for a BFR? In a forum fight?

How idiotic do you think he is?

DarkSaint85
Juggernaut armor is just not Mystical Armor.. It's the Will of Cyttorack. Magneto can suppress the Juggernauts momentum by generating force barriers or using a power enough Energy beam could even toss the Juggernaut. But he can not control Juggernaut's armor like any other metal.

Majolnir is a different type of magic because the Majolnir is a craftsmanship with enchanted powers. It's not like Juggernaut's armor which is directly linked to Cyttorack's will.

Not talking about controlling the metal...

carver9

Going back to my post, do you think Mags would keep him suspended, giving him time to break free, without throwing him away for a BFR? In a forum fight?

How idiotic do you think he is?

I don't think Magneto would try to bfr him period. He has done it but on rare occasions.

DarkSaint85
I don't think Magneto would try to bfr him period. He has done it but on rare occasions.

So in your opinion, in a forum fight, Magneto would attempt to brawl mano a a mano with him, despite knowing full well who he is and what he can do.

OK.

Supermex
So in your opinion, in a forum fight, Magneto would attempt to brawl mano a a mano with him, despite knowing full well who he is and what he can do.

OK.

Anyway this fight ends like the Mandarin vs Deathstroke fight? With a rape case at the end?

carver9

OK.

Lol...naah, he will fight in character which would get his face caved in.

DarkSaint85
Lol...naah, he will fight in character which would get his face caved in.

Is classic Mags an idiot, then?

He KNOWS who the unstoppable Juggernaut is. Knows his powers. Seen him in action.

And....what, you think the What If? comic is how the fight goes down?

carver9
Is classic Mags an idiot, then?

He KNOWS who the unstoppable Juggernaut is. Knows his powers. Seen him in action.

And....what, you think the What If? comic is how the fight goes down?

I know Magneto is cocky...wants to showcase that he is powerful than whoever he is fighting. Would try to test his power against Juggernaut and would eventually exert himself which would then result in him getting beat to sleep. BFR is a cheap, lame, and a sign of fear, tactic to bring up in a battle and it is rarely if ever used in a comic.

DarkSaint85
I know Magneto is cocky...wants to showcase that he is powerful than whoever he is fighting. Would try to test his power against Juggernaut and would eventually exert himself which would then result in him getting beat to sleep. BFR is a cheap, lame, and a sign of fear, tactic to bring up in a battle and it is rarely if ever used in a comic.

You know he is cocky - but do you not think he is clever? This IS the guy who is not above messing with the Earth's magnetic field just to give himself an edge against telepaths - he doesn't care much for dick measuring. If he can manipulate his surroundings to win, he will.

As for BFR being a cheap/lame/sign of fear.....

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/22147151_Hulk_2014-_011-014.jpg

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/22147154_Hulk_2014-_011-015.jpg

But by the by. He is not in this thread. But I like how your arguments shift when it suits you.

carver9
You know he is cocky - but do you not think he is clever? This IS the guy who is not above messing with the Earth's magnetic field just to give himself an edge against telepaths - he doesn't care much for dick measuring. If he can manipulate his surroundings to win, he will.

As for BFR being a cheap/lame/sign of fear.....

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/22147151_Hulk_2014-_011-014.jpg

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/22147154_Hulk_2014-_011-015.jpg

But by the by. He is not in this thread. But I like how your arguments shift when it suits you.

Do you know why Hulk did that instead of ya know, stabbing her with an injection to minimize her Hulk powers?

DarkSaint85
Do you know why Hulk did that instead of ya know, stabbing her with an injection to minimize her Hulk powers?

He saw her as a threat. Or at least, the Doc Green AI did.

No response to my point about Mags being willing to phuck with the surroundings to give himself a chance?

Not to mention, he HAS done it before (BFR).

Supermex
Thats my bad I ussaully use BFR in my fights. Im not sure why I left it out.

I even checked to see if BFR was on and I now know I never typed it lol

B.F.R is not allowed guys.. Sorry for that. I'm pissed at myself for not catching that earlier.

I know it will hurt Mags chance some, but it allows for a better debate in a forum setting.

DarkSaint85
DAMN YOU, SUPERSEX!!!

carver9
He saw her as a threat. Or at least, the Doc Green AI did.

No response to my point about Mags being willing to phuck with the surroundings to give himself a chance?

Not to mention, he HAS done it before (BFR).

So he brought needles for the others but didn't bring a needle for her because he thought of her as a threat? What did he think of the others? Why not bring needles? Why not throw a single punch during the fight? Why is he even using the needles against the others if they are not threats? Think about it. Also, Hulk never said she was a threat. Someone/something else did.

I'm not discussing Magneto with you when I know exactly how he fights. Bfr is an option but it's an option he rarely use.

h1a8

How idiotic do you think he is? but mags can't control Juggs metal as shown on panel. So he can't throw him anywhere.

Supermex
DAMN YOU, SUPERSEX!!!

I know I'm sorrysad

You can debate for both sides if you like. 1 side with bfr and another with bfr off.

But yes the op was ment to be bfr off.

carver9
Thats my bad I ussaully use BFR in my fights. Im not sure why I left it out.

I even checked to see if BFR was on and I now know I never typed it lol

B.F.R is not allowed guys.. Sorry for that. I'm pissed at myself for not catching that earlier.

I know it will hurt Mags chance some, but it allows for a better debate in a forum setting.

thumb up

Always great to have it off. Extremely cheap tactic.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
but mags can't control Juggs metal as shown on panel. So he can't throw him anywhere.

Supermex
thumb up

Always great to have it off. Extremely cheap tactic.

OK rules change here guys..

BFR is off for every here debating..
BFR is allowed for only Carver when he trys to make a case in this fightsmile lol

Jk

carver9
Magneto fights a more powerful Juggernaut. A Juggernaut that is blessed with both the enchantment from Cy and an enchantment from the hammer. Magneto knows this Juggernaut is amped. He even sees a display of his power. What does Magneto do first? He tries to crush Juggernaut head with his helmet...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75497/4024490-ucx_0016.jpg

No attempt at bfring (even while knowing this version of Jugs is amped). Juggernaut then toss his hammer.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75497/4024491-ucx_0017.jpg

Instead of dodging said hammer at that moment, Magneto tries to overpower it. One person attempted to bfr Jugs and it was not Magneto.

DarkSaint85
Because Cyclops was the leader. He called the plays. Not Mags.

carver9
Cyclops: "Magneto, you're up".

Magneto: "It's about time".

He was never told how to attack. Cyclops didn't tell him to crush his head. Cyclops didn't tell him to try to stop Juggernauts hammer. Everything he did, he did under his own power/mind.

DarkSaint85
You'd have to prove it. That Cyclops hadn't run through his plans with everyone.

Unless of course you think all of those plans were thought up by the Xmen themselves? Rockslide and Gambit, Dazzler and Siryn etc? He just told them, guys, get on with it, and they creatively thought them up themselves?

DarkSaint85
Your argument is like a team coach telling his star football player, you're up.

The football player's been chomping at the bit to enter the game. Its about time.

You're saying the football player can do what the hell he wants? Nope.

carver9
Your argument is like a team coach telling his star football player, you're up.

The football player's been chomping at the bit to enter the game. Its about time.

You're saying the football player can do what the hell he wants? Nope.

A lot of what happened against Jugs was planned as shown here...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75497/4024501-uncanny_x-men_0014.jpg

THAT part wasn't planned though...it's even stated that Magneto stopping the hammer wasn't part of the plan. We were told what was planned and Colossus punching him and Magneto stopping his hammer was never said (other examples)...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75497/4024497-uncanny_x-men_0003.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75497/4024500-uncanny_x-men_0010.jpg

As shown, they gave an explanation of each plan. Not with Magneto though or the beginning defense/offense. All of that was freely done.

Existere
Magneto was trying to remove his helmet...

Cyclops confirms that Emma can't get through telepathically, so he sends Magneto in to remove Juggs' telepathic protection.

So it was entirely Cyclops' call, and it's irrelevant to this fight, because Magneto won't attack telepathically.

TheHulk
Ladies and gentleman, another classic duel between Carver and Darksaint.

bluewaterrider
Magneto fights a more powerful Juggernaut. A Juggernaut that is blessed with both the enchantment from Cy and an enchantment from the hammer. Magneto knows this Juggernaut is amped. He even sees a display of his power. What does Magneto do first? He tries to crush Juggernaut head with his helmet...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75497/4024490-ucx_0016.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75497/4024491-ucx_0017.jpg

Gotta disagree with you on this one, Carv.

From the 1960s on, the X-Men's primary plan for defeating Juggernaut has been:

A. Remove Juggernaut's helmet.
B. Blast helmetless Jug unconscious with psionic or telepathic attack.

Magneto's plan, inspired by Cyclops, was essentially the same for Kuurth.

REMOVE, not crush, Juggernaut's helmet.
Psionically/telepathically blast Jug unconscious.

Magneto alludes to precisely this as Kuurth-Jug throws that hammer:

DarkSaint85
Exactly. At WHAT point was he trying to CRUSH Juggernaut's head with his helmet?

He's trying to remove the helmet, so Emma can have telepathic access. AS per CYCLOP'S plan.

Step 1: Check with Emma. Can she access his mind?
Step 2: No, she can't.
Step 3: Why not? Historically, it's because he has that damn helmet.
Step 4: You have a Master of Magnetism on your team. Get him to remove that helmet, so Emma can access his mind.

StiltmanFTW
He was fighting repowered Juggs shortly after wwh which = classic juggs

StiltmanFTW
Considering lifting him with TK is different than wrapping a FF, no.

Cain is just that dumb. Skaar BFRed him the same way, lifted in air and punched in orbit.
And what's stopping Marko from breaking the field?

That was different.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

StiltmanFTW

StiltmanFTW
Really theres no barrier that magneto can make can stop Juggy..

Little-known fact: Cain can summon his armor at will. So, IF it gived him any trouble, he would just make it disappear.

KingD19
He was fighting repowered Juggs shortly after wwh which = classic juggs

He's Classic Juggs in most areas, but I doubt they'll ever bring the force field or magic powers back.

And Skaar won that fight through daddies help and tricking Cain. He turned into his kid form and while Cain was pissed at Bruce for throwing a kid at him, he knocked Cain into the air. He came back down, they started fighting again and Skaar launched the stone platform they were both on into the air with his Old Power. He rolled off but Cain didn't, and when Cain finally fell he'd had time to charge his Oldstrong Punch which bfr'd him into orbit.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

I know.

KingD19
thumb up

I know.

thumb up for the thumb up

abhilegend
And what's stopping Marko from breaking the field?

That was different.
The fact that it can take many attacks from him and that's enough time for Erik to bfr him.

StiltmanFTW
Pretty sure Cain can shatter it before he gets thrown sufficiently far to consider it a legit bfr.

abhilegend
I don't think so. What if Erik grabs him by the legs and simply tosses him in the orbit?

h1a8
mags doesn't really have a real forcefield as it only affects things that are affected by magnetism. For example, a wooden arrow can simply go through as if it was an illusion.

If Juggs isn't affected by magnetism then how would Mags move him with a forcefield and how would mags get the forcefield under Juggs feet with Juggs walking?

Mags can't levitate anything non magnetic that fast. He barely can levitate a non magnetic object. It takes tremendous concentration for him to do this. Also, Juggs may be too heavy for him to do that with. Even so, He can't shoot someone off to space. Juggs would simply overpower it or simple just fall forward.

juggernaut74
Hasn't Magneto blocked Cyclops's optic blast with his shield?

h1a8
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Hasn't Magneto blocked Cyclops's optic blast with his shield? yes, so that means Cyclops beam has magnetic properties.

Surtur
Nobody has shown he couldn't use the iron in his blood to lift him. "Jean failed to lift him" is irrelevant, was this Jean on the power level of Magneto at the time? Was she possessed by the Phoenix?

yes, so that means Cyclops beam has magnetic properties.

Doesn't this just lend credence to the whole "guy can effect things that are non-metal" then?

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Nobody has shown he couldn't use the iron in his blood to lift him. "Jean failed to lift him" is irrelevant, was this Jean on the power level of Magneto at the time? Was she possessed by the Phoenix?

Doesn't this just lend credence to the whole "guy can effect things that are non-metal" then? no because Mags was shown not being able to affect a wooden arrow. So anything that is affected in comics can be assumed to have magnetic properties.

bluewaterrider
no because Mags was shown not being able to affect a wooden arrow. So anything that is affected in comics can be assumed to have magnetic properties.

Is that what makes Jen attractive to so many people?

That might explain a lot ...

confused

Surtur
no because Mags was shown not being able to affect a wooden arrow. So anything that is affected in comics can be assumed to have magnetic properties.

This logic doesn't make any sense, I said it shows he can effect things that don't have metal in them. You then point out a single feat that contradicts that(even though the optic beam feat would support it, so it seems they cancel each other out) and then use that to assume that no...Cyclops eye beams have metal in them? Either you are saying they have metal in them or you are agreeing with what I just said, the whole "can affect things besides metal".

Magnets can have affects on more then just metal objects. But that is besides the point, he can still target the iron inside Juggernaut. Yes, I am aware someone posted a feat of Jean failing to lift him or whatever. But we need a feat of someone on the power level of Magneto trying to internally mess with Juggernaut and failing. Especially since he isn't going to be causing any actual damage to Juggernaut, I'm not 100% sure you can just hand wave it with "Cyttorak's enchantment".

DarkSaint85

So....

Sound has magnetic properties?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/58698/1114347-4.jpg

Fire is magnetic?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/58698/1114249-wca057063rk.jpg

Surtur
Yeah see that is the thing about Magneto, the movies get it wrong and say he controls metal. In comics, he can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum, which is how he does all kinds of crazy shit that has nothing to do with metal objects.

He's also manipulated lightning(Storm's) and I think even outright created it as well.

DarkSaint85
True dat.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/MagnetovsProteus2.jpg

Mindset
Wow, you guys are grade A retards.

Those aren't even wooden arrows, h1a8 is correct on Magneto's limitations. erm

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindset
Wow, you guys are grade A retards.

Those aren't even wooden arrows, h1a8 is correct on Magneto's limitations. erm

This is one of the most mind boggling comments I've read here so far.

DarkSaint85
Sorry Mindset sad

carver9
I'm sorry for owning you so much Darksaint. sad

Mindset
This is one of the most mind boggling comments I've read here so far. https://i.imgur.com/vNtHnnQ.jpg

DarkSaint85
I'm sorry for owning you so much Darksaint. sad

This is one of the most mind boggling comments I've read here so far.

TheHulk
So....

Sound has magnetic properties?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/58698/1114347-4.jpg

Fire is magnetic?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/58698/1114249-wca057063rk.jpg

Yeah see that is the thing about Magneto, the movies get it wrong and say he controls metal. In comics, he can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum, which is how he does all kinds of crazy shit that has nothing to do with metal objects.

He's also manipulated lightning(Storm's) and I think even outright created it as well.
True dat.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/MagnetovsProteus2.jpg

This.

Mags is a monster i tell ya.

Stoic
Who wins?
No Prep..

Cls.Magneto

Vs

Cls.Juggernaut

Cain wins. There would be nothing that Eric could possibly do to stop him. At least this is what my first thoughts were on the subject.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Stoic

There would be nothing that Eric could possibly do to stop him.

There was "nothing" Spider-Man could possibly do to stop Juggernaut, either.

Didn't help Cain much, though.

If Juggernaut can't technically be stopped, he can be slowed to a point where there's scarcely appreciable difference.

Surtur
Originally posted by Stoic
Cain wins. There would be nothing that Eric could possibly do to stop him. At least this is what my first thoughts were on the subject.

If by "stop" you mean render him unable to move or rendering him unconscious, then you are very correct he can't do a thing. On the other hand, it's going to be hard for Juggernaut to punch Magneto all the way from outer space.

h1a8
This logic doesn't make any sense, I said it shows he can effect things that don't have metal in them. You then point out a single feat that contradicts that(even though the optic beam feat would support it, so it seems they cancel each other out) and then use that to assume that no...Cyclops eye beams have metal in them? Either you are saying they have metal in them or you are agreeing with what I just said, the whole "can affect things besides metal".

Magnets can have affects on more then just metal objects. But that is besides the point, he can still target the iron inside Juggernaut. Yes, I am aware someone posted a feat of Jean failing to lift him or whatever. But we need a feat of someone on the power level of Magneto trying to internally mess with Juggernaut and failing. Especially since he isn't going to be causing any actual damage to Juggernaut, I'm not 100% sure you can just hand wave it with "Cyttorak's enchantment". Metal? An object doesn't need to be made of metal to have magnetic properties. Light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum and thus have magnetic properties. Cyclops beams are both concussive and have properties of light as well.

Surtur
Metal? An object doesn't need to be made of metal to have magnetic properties. Light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum and thus have magnetic properties. Cyclops beams are both concussive and have properties of light as well.

So then I'm confused, because you were quoting me saying the guy can move non metal objects as if that was wrong. You just, right there, essentially said the exact same thing.

Magnon
Electric fields (E) and magnetic fields (B) are coupled by the Maxwell Equations of Electromagnetism. It is possible to induce nondivergent electric fields by creating time-dependent magnetic fields, according to the Maxwell-Faraday law of induction:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/9/c/a/9cab6787646062d6e658cd1e83ad468f.png

In particular, if one generates a propagating sinusoidal wave from magnetic field, an accompanying electric wave will get induced as well, and we will get electromagnetic radiation:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/3/3/3/333253fc5df5e3771291a9f8ea173b54.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/a/a/3/aa320df3ec6536d867f3433b6e328905.png

(Above, it is shown how the magnetic field component can be generated from the electric field component of the EM wave, but it works the other way around as well.)

Thus, Magneto should have control over electric fields and electromagnetic radiation as well, since electricity and magnetism are just different sides of the same coin. One can induce the other.

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103277/2913544-magforceofnature6tl.jpg

StiltmanFTW
What's the point of showing a feat that wasn't performed under his own power, carv? Not that I mind since the art and narration are cool, just asking.

DarkSaint85
Carver didn't know; that's what he found when he Googled 'Magneto looking awesome'.

StiltmanFTW
laughing

carver9
What's the point of showing a feat that wasn't performed under his own power, carv? Not that I mind since the art and narration are cool, just asking.

Lol...I posted it because it looks cool. In the scan it states he is amped, so I knew it wasn't usable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.