Red Hulk vs Unworthy Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Current Red Hulk vs Thor with Jarnbjorn and his black uru arm. Who wins?

carver9
Red

Kazenji
Originally posted by carver9
Red

Quite Possibly if Loeb was writing still writing him.

celeyhyga17
Thor

krisblaze
It's difficult to say what abilities Thor retains, but judging from what we've seen thus far Thor probably loses this.

celeyhyga17
Haven't been up on Rulk, but did he get stronger?

Khazra Reborn
Thor looked to be pretty even with Whor, so at least physically he can't be that weak, plus adding a lethal weapon, Thor should take it.

-K-M-
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Haven't been up on Rulk, but did he get stronger?

No. Depowered. He lost most of his energy absorption powers which is how he steamrolled so many people. He's still class 100

leonidas
i'd still take thor. it took loki with the hammer to overpower thor.... i think he's still pretty damn close to his old self in terms of overall power. just lacking some versatility is all.

-K-M-
Hard to say. Reason thor had a good showing recently with Rulk was due to the hammer.

Estacado
Thor chops his head off.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd still take thor. it took loki with the hammer to overpower thor.... i think he's still pretty damn close to his old self in terms of overall power. just lacking some versatility is all.

Didn't the thing with Loki not actually happen though? Wasn't it's dream, or illusion or something?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -K-M-
No. Depowered. He lost most of his energy absorption powers which is how he steamrolled so many people. He's still class 100
With that I think he takes Rulk for a good majority.

zopzop
WTF is this nonsense? Thor stomps.

carver9
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Didn't the thing with Loki not actually happen though? Wasn't it's dream, or illusion or something?

It was real. Thor just forgot it all due to the spell making everyone normal again. In regards to the fight, think based off fts, Red Hulk has this.

iceman24567
Thor 10/10

celeyhyga17
It was real. Thor just forgot it all due to the spell making everyone normal again. In regards to the fight, think based off fts, Red Hulk has this.
One good lightning ⚡ shot and it's all over.

carver9
Disagree. If Loki (with the hammer of course) can withstand it, I see no problem with Red Hulk withstanding it.

celeyhyga17
Disagree. If Loki (with the hammer of course) can withstand it, I see no problem with Red Hulk withstanding it.
Hehehe.. The reason he withstood it was because he briefly held "the power of Thor".

It wouldn't be the same as Rulk tanking the same thing. If you reread it you'll realize what the author was trying to convey.

carver9
Hehehe.. The reason he withstood it was because he briefly held "the power of Thor".

It wouldn't be the same as Rulk tanking the same thing. If you reread it you'll realize what the author was trying to convey.

Lightning has hurt Thor before though. Don't think that had a thing to do with it and even though Angrir defeated Red Hulk, Hulk was still handling his attacks ok. When it comes to energy attacks, he does just fine. He was ok when Namor blasted him with the Phoenix Force and was ok when Emma with half of the force did the same.

eaebiakuya
Thor.

celeyhyga17
Lightning has hurt Thor before though. Don't think that had a thing to do with it and even though Angrir defeated Red Hulk, Hulk was still handling his attacks ok. When it comes to energy attacks, he does just fine. He was ok when Namor blasted him with the Phoenix Force and was ok when Emma with half of the force did the same.
We've also seen it reinvigorate him too.. so....

True he can tank some, but he'll be at a disadvantage since Thor's lightning can just about hurt anyone.

carver9
We've also seen it reinvigorate him too.. so....

True he can tank some, but he'll be at a disadvantage since Thor's lightning can just about hurt anyone.

Never said it would be easy and as for bursting down lightning continuously...have you seen this version of Thor fighting tactic? Let's put it like this, he will probably use lightning but it would be a last resort type of thing.

celeyhyga17
Never said it would be easy and as for bursting down lightning continuously...have you seen this version of Thor fighting tactic? Let's put it like this, he will probably use lightning but it would be a last resort type of thing.
Why would he do it continuously? I hope you don't think the only way for Rulk to get ko'd by lightning is for Thor to rain it down continuously.

And nah.. He won't only use it as a last resort.

iceman24567
Thor has opened up many fights with lightning attacks

carver9
Why would he do it continuously? I hope you don't think the only way for Rulk to get ko'd by lightning is for Thor to rain it down continuously.

And nah.. He won't only use it as a last resort.

He hopes in winning this is with the ax but Rulk has been cut up so much and walked through it that I can't see that playing a part here as well.

celeyhyga17
He hopes in winning this is with the ax but Rulk has been cut up so much and walked through it that I can't see that playing a part here as well.
Still won't save him from getting ko'd.

eaebiakuya
Thor alredy KOed savage Hulk with a casual lighting from himself.

carver9
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Thor alredy KOed savage Hulk with a casual lighting from himself.

And Savage Hulk has beaten Thor face in. Don't get your point. Then, Hulk has also withstood said lightning from a pissed Thor.

carver9
Still won't save him from getting ko'd.

Never said Rulk would stomp but I'm giving him the majority.

Khazra Reborn
IMO Jarnbjorn is a lot more dangerous than lightning, plus Rulk is far from infallible in a fist fight, Wonder Man and others have proven that. Hell, even unarmed this could very easily go Thor's way.

carver9
Really? Wonderman? That's one of Rulk lowest and Wonderman best in a long time. Not nearly the same thing. Hell, Thor with the ax has had far worse showings than that.

Khazra Reborn
I wouldn't say it was his worst, Rulk has taken a lot of L's since his glory days with Loeb.

Thor hasn't had many showings yet, the only one that was really "bad" per se, was the stuff with the frost giants, and that was at least explained to be due to weeks of exhaustion. And it's been shown that Thor can definitely still bring it despite not having Mjolnir, as seen when he was cleaning house in AvX and when he solidly matched Whor.

celeyhyga17
Really? Wonderman? That's one of Rulk lowest and Wonderman best in a long time. Not nearly the same thing. Hell, Thor with the ax has had far worse showings than that.
Like?

carver9
He wasn't exhausted during the frost giant showing though. Also, the Spiderman showing as well for Thor. What lows does Rulk have? We know he Angrir showing which I wouldn't consider a low. The Wonderman showing. What else.

Khazra Reborn
He was exhausted, it said he was. What Spider-Man showing?

Damborgson
Saying that Spiderman was too fast for him. I see it as PIS, since you know, lightning and all that, but it's not like Rulk's a speedster.

Khazra Reborn
Oh that. Yeah, well Rulk isn't Spider Man, I don't see how that's applicable.

celeyhyga17
He wasn't exhausted during the frost giant showing though. Also, the Spiderman showing as well for Thor. What lows does Rulk have? We know he Angrir showing which I wouldn't consider a low. The Wonderman showing. What else.
Even though in the same issue the writer specifically goes out of his way to tell the readers that he is in a severely weakened state. sad

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/Thor2014-001-005_zps158dfaaf.jpg

Khazra Reborn
Even though in the same issue the writer specifically goes out of his way to tell the readers that he is in a severely weakened state. sad

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Thor%20Respect/Thor2014-001-005_zps158dfaaf.jpg

That's the ticket. thumb up

carver9
Severely weakened state due to losing Mjlonir?

celeyhyga17
Severely weakened state due to losing Mjlonir?
I doubt Aaron would describe Thor as being in a severely weakened state due to not having Mjolnir.. I mean come on now... He still is the God of Thunder.

The first scene has him trying to lift the hammer with all he's got. And it was explained that he's been doing it for weeks without food and sleep. Did you even read the comic? Aaron set up the story in such a way to let the reader know that he's "in a severely weakened state".

Warrior Madness
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I wouldn't say it was his worst, Rulk has taken a lot of L's since his glory days with Loeb.

Thor hasn't had many showings yet, the only one that was really "bad" per se, was the stuff with the frost giants, and that was at least explained to be due to weeks of exhaustion. And it's been shown that Thor can definitely still bring it despite not having Mjolnir, as seen when he was cleaning house in AvX and when he solidly matched Whor.

This. Thor takes the majority, without much trouble.

The Sorrow
I see Rulk winning this unless Thor lands a kill-shot with the axe.

eaebiakuya
And Savage Hulk has beaten Thor face in. Don't get your point. Then, Hulk has also withstood said lightning from a pissed Thor.

My point is: if he can KO savage hulk with a casual lightning, he can KO Rulk.

The Sorrow
My point is: if he can KO savage hulk with a casual lightning, he can KO Rulk.
Where was it stated to be casual?

eaebiakuya
In the image. He was not even looking at him. See his fight against Durok. That one was not a casual.

The Sorrow
In the image. He was not even looking at him. See his fight against Durok. That one was not a casual.
That was arguably a godblast not regular lightning. In either case you haven't answered the question, where was it stated to be casual? Once Hulk approached, Thor turned around and blasted him.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by The Sorrow
That was arguably a godblast not regular lightning. In either case you haven't answered the question, where was it stated to be casual? Once Hulk approached, Thor turned around and blasted him.
Looks pretty casual. Dude didn't even fully turn at Hulk.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk47.jpg

And as for the Durok one, highly doubtful it's a godblast. It was just a strong @$$ lightning shot.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Random/ThorGodblast01v282.jpg

The Sorrow
Disagree completely as would others, but at least state it's your (previous poster) opinion before trying to pass it off as fact. In that story Hulk already took a lightning blast through Mjolnir so Thor knew he couldn't just drop Hulk with a "casual" bolt. May aswell claim Hulk ko'd Thor with ease in LTBB because it didn't seem to take great effort in making Thor hit himself.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Disagree completely as would others, but at least state it's your (previous poster) opinion before trying to pass it off as fact. In that story Hulk already took a lightning blast through Mjolnir so Thor knew he couldn't just drop Hulk with a "casual" bolt. May aswell claim Hulk ko'd Thor with ease in LTBB because it didn't seem to take great effort in making Thor hit himself.
I think the fact that Thor produced the lightning shot in such a casual manner is the point he's driving home. Which lends to the fact that he can create some beastly lightning shots and even more so when he concentrates a la the Durok one.

Heck here Hulk gets ko'd from simple residual lightning on Thor's person. That's pretty phukkin uber.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15970568/Indestructible_Hulk_008-018.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15970562/Indestructible_Hulk_008-019.jpg.html

Then again this is Unworthy Thor vs Rulk. So even if we go by lightning feats sans Mjolnir, Thor has still hurt or ko'd extremely powerful foes like the one vs Durok.

Barely conscious, he ko's Gorr. Can't get anymore casual than this since he's about ready to pass out.

https://thebrotherhoodofevilgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/thor6.jpg

carver9
Lol...Thor himself passed out from using so much energy. Nothing like that has happened before...even during his Chaos King damaging attacks. He exerted himself...so I wouldn't really call that lingering energy since we still see the entire of said energy around Thor body when Hulk grabs him. By far one of Thor most powerful attack.

celeyhyga17
Lol...Thor himself passed out from using so much energy. Nothing like that has happened before...even during his Chaos King damaging attacks. He exerted himself...so I wouldn't really call that lingering energy since we still see the entire of said energy around Thor body when Hulk grabs him. By far one of Thor most powerful attack.
Did I say he didn't pass out?
How do you not call that residual or in your words "lingering" energy when clearly we see his target was the surrounding area? It's not like he called lightning to be stored into him just so he can utilize it for later use.
sad

D-Block
Thor wins

carver9
Did I say he didn't pass out?
How do you not call that residual or in your words "lingering" energy when clearly we see his target was the surrounding area? It's not like he called lightning to be stored into him just so he can utilize it for later use.
sad

I feel safe at saying that the base of the attack possess the most power which is that black energy, etc, circling Thor. When Hulk caught him, as shown in your scan, said energy was still engulfed around his body. Like I said before, that was by far one of Thors best attack. He exerted so much energy that he passed out from it. This has never happened, even during the time Thor used the God blast. So with that said, the ft isn't as high as you are making it out to be concerning Hulk since we've seen what Thor standard energy attacks can do 'without him over exerting' himself.

celeyhyga17
I feel safe at saying that the base of the attack possess the most power which is that black energy, etc, circling Thor. When Hulk caught him, as shown in your scan, said energy was still engulfed around his body. Like I said before, that was by far one of Thors best attack. He exerted so much energy that he passed out from it. This has never happened, even during the time Thor used the God blast. So with that said, the ft isn't as high as you are making it out to be concerning Hulk since we've seen what Thor standard energy attacks can do 'without him over exerting' himself.
I'm not arguing that it wasn't powerful seeing as how the residual energy KO'd Hulk and Thor was drained afterwards.

You said earlier that the entirety of the energy is still around Thor's body. How is that the entirety of the energy when we clearly saw that he just let it loose on the surrounding area? Like I said, it's foolish to think that the majority of the power from the energies he called upon is within his person. Bottom line is that Hulk got KO'd from the remnants of his attack.

The Sorrow
I think the fact that Thor produced the lightning shot in such a casual manner is the point he's driving home. Which lends to the fact that he can create some beastly lightning shots and even more so when he concentrates a la the Durok one.

Heck here Hulk gets ko'd from simple residual lightning on Thor's person. That's pretty phukkin uber.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15970568/Indestructible_Hulk_008-018.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15970562/Indestructible_Hulk_008-019.jpg.html

Then again this is Unworthy Thor vs Rulk. So even if we go by lightning feats sans Mjolnir, Thor has still hurt or ko'd extremely powerful foes like the one vs Durok.

Barely conscious, he ko's Gorr. Can't get anymore casual than this since he's about ready to pass out.

https://thebrotherhoodofevilgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/thor6.jpg
Well if by casual you mean he can easily call down lightning then sure. We all know Thor can call down lightning instantly, but that doesn't mean it's weaker than a more focused one.

With regards to the "residual" lightning comment, Thor was visibly still supercharged from the attack, and was his most powerful lightning attack in that moment as it even ko'd himself. Hulk unsuspecting he was catching a charged Thor was flash ko'd/stunned from the impact. A braced/prepped Hulk is a different story as we have seen when he has resisted the lightning on different occasions.

Rulk has resisted it too, aswell as energy attacks from beings significantly more powerful than Thor. Unless Thor stays in the skies and rains down blasts continuously (he won't) I don't see one bolt being enough under normal circumstances.

ODG
Rulk greatly impressed me in his fight against Doc Green. I understand Doc Green had ulterior motives for the fight itself, but if he could have saved himself that beating, I think he would have.

eaebiakuya
Thor didnt passed out against Nul because he used too much lighting energy. He passed out because he was INJURED for a long time.

We saw Thor charge his hammer more in others stances, like when he opened the portal to Angela realm, and he was far from lose his forces.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.