Hulk/Flash Versus scenario

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Who would be more powerful with comparable (but not exact) powers?

Start the characters off at base strength/speed of sound.

1. Hulk at base strength can now move at speed of sound. The madder he gets the faster he gets, as well.
2. Flash moving at just the speed of sound is at Hulk base strength. The faster he runs the stronger he gets.

How fast/strong can the characters get? Who winds up overall more powerful in your oponions?

DarkSaint85
1. At his strongest levels, Hulk was at WBH-levels, and with Betty, their punches' shockwaves destroyed the planet they were standing on, and melted multiple powerful opponents just from the shockwaves. That's plenty mad, and thus, plenty fast.

2. At his fastest, well, Wally has outrun his own shadow. His own Death. Hell, himself.

Therefore, whilst I cannot answer your first question, my vote is that Wally winds up more powerful. He likely already, has, if his infinite mass punch is anything to go by.

This assumes 'powerful' refers to punching power.

relentless1
Flash

riv6672
@DarkSaint85
Powerful's a dicey word i know, but these conjecture threads usually dont strictly go by the OP if they take off, so, what the heck.
Thanks for the cool answer, BTW!

DarkSaint85
All subjective of course, and my opinion.

So x10 of Carver's, and x25 of Galan/leo's combined.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
All subjective of course, and my opinion.

So x10 of Carver's, and x25 of Galan/leo's combined.
eek!

carver9
It depends. Based off fts, I would say Hulk is more powerful but based off powerset, it's debatable. Flash is more of an annoyance and is extremely hard to combat. Hulk is an annoyance as well (to extremely powerful beings). The more you pound, cut, or blast him, the more powerful he becomes (in most cases). With that said, this can be discussed in different aspects. When it comes to fighting powerful beings, Hulk has looked better than Flash imo.

TheHulk
1. At his strongest levels, Hulk was at WBH-levels, and with Betty, their punches' shockwaves destroyed the planet they were standing on, and melted multiple powerful opponents just from the shockwaves. That's plenty mad, and thus, plenty fast.

2. At his fastest, well, Wally has outrun his own shadow. His own Death. Hell, himself.

Therefore, whilst I cannot answer your first question, my vote is that Wally winds up more powerful. He likely already, has, if his infinite mass punch is anything to go by.

This assumes 'powerful' refers to punching power. 100% agreed with Dark. Granted, who gets more powerful or wins is gonna be pure opinion at that point.

riv6672
Originally posted by carver9
It depends. Based off fts, I would say Hulk is more powerful but based off powerset, it's debatable. Flash is more of an annoyance and is extremely hard to combat. Hulk is an annoyance as well (to extremely powerful beings). The more you pound, cut, or blast him, the more powerful he becomes (in most cases). With that said, this can be discussed in different aspects. When it comes to fighting powerful beings, Hulk has looked better than Flash imo.
You...didnt comment on the OP. At all. huh

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
You...didnt comment on the OP. At all. huh

Lol...my post was more directed to Dark but overall I agree with him.

Bentley
Lol...my post was more directed to Dark but overall I agree with him.

Carv trying to save face biscuits

I'd say Flash could win this kind of contest, his speed is quite exponential as a growth so his strenght would skyrocket instantly, even assuming Hulk's rage builds up faster as he gets madder.

So Flash would be more instantly powerful and more powerful overall since he has finer control of his powers and has his speedforce skills. Hulk should get physically stronger than he is at some point, but holding back perpetually would cap his speed more often than not.

But at least with these boosts Hulk might get some wins against Thor shifty

carver9
laughing out loud

riv6672
Thanks, Bentley; nice face saving carver. yes

DarkSaint85

Yah, but in terms of , essentially, is Flash faster than Hulk is stronger, Hulk has on average still been bound by physical limits.

Whereas Flash is essentially a concept at his highest levels. How the hell can you be faster than yourself? Than Death? It's total nonsense - but Flash has done it. Melting the Mindless Ones etc with the mere shockwaves is a beast of a feat, no doubt about it - but someone can still sit down and calculate it (step right up h1!). But being faster than death? Whaa?

carver9
Yah, but in terms of , essentially, is Flash faster than Hulk is stronger, Hulk has on average still been bound by physical limits.

Whereas Flash is essentially a concept at his highest levels. How the hell can you be faster than yourself? Than Death? It's total nonsense - but Flash has done it. Melting the Mindless Ones etc with the mere shockwaves is a beast of a feat, no doubt about it - but someone can still sit down and calculate it (step right up h1!). But being faster than death? Whaa?

I think you are looking at high showings rather than averages. Going that route, that would make both of our posts correct since either have shown any type of limits when it comes to their power source. Both are plot driven. Flash being the god of speed and Hulk being as strong as he wants to be. Flash out racing his shadow, Hulk nearly overpowering an abstract, or...

Get what I'm saying? When it comes to both of their powerset, Flash is the fastest man alive while Hulk is the strongest there is. It's the true nature of their power. So all in all, neither of these characters have limits but like I said before, there are showings where Flash has been hit and there are showings where Hulk has been physically taken down but they are the prime examples of what they stand for, strength and speed. People would be shocked to see someone outrun Flash and people thrive to see someone physically overpowering the Hulk. Both are highlighted moments and are extremely rare occasions.

Golgo13
Originally posted by relentless1
Flash

DarkSaint85
We're supposed to look at high showings confused

OP asked who would end up faster/stronger.

My point was, at his angriest, when Hulk was cutting loose, he was doing things that were insanely powerful....but still, physically possible. So if we assume that the angrier he gets, the faster he gets, as PER the OP, using his ANGRIEST ever, he will be really fast.

Flash, as per the OP, gets stronger the faster he gets. OP asked, how strong would he be at his fastest?

Now, considering we have seen Flash at his fastest, and Hulk at his angriest (i.e. HIGH showings), we should be able to extrapolate how strong/fast these new characters will be, based on their HIGH showings of speed and anger, respectively.

WBH destroyed that planet. Flash outran himself.

Bentley
My point was, at his angriest, when Hulk was cutting loose, he was doing things that were insanely powerful....but still, physically possible.

You should clarify "physically possible by means other than punching". Racing yourself in the other hand, is literal nonsense.

carver9

My point was, at his angriest, when Hulk was cutting loose, he was doing things that were insanely powerful....but still, physically possible. So if we assume that the angrier he gets, the faster he gets, as PER the OP, using his ANGRIEST ever, he will be really fast.

Flash, as per the OP, gets stronger the faster he gets. OP asked, how strong would he be at his fastest?

Now, considering we have seen Flash at his fastest, and Hulk at his angriest (i.e. HIGH showings), we should be able to extrapolate how strong/fast these new characters will be, based on their HIGH showings of speed and anger, respectively.

I guess when we look at everything as a whole, we don't know the limits of each ft. We don't have a Cap on how strong WBH punch was because everything was destroyed. The only reason Umar wasn't annihilated was due to her physically shielding herself. Do we have a define limit on how powerful her shields are? Not to my knowledge since we know that she is empowered by her own power (which is obviously trans tier) with additional power added to her own (Dormammu who is a legit Skyfather). Is there any proof that she even survived said attacks?

I don't think you are looking at everything as a whole tbh. Look at the total picture and compare both. Then you'll see where I am coming from.

Overall, I think this is a tie.

DarkSaint85
I guess when we look at everything as a whole, we don't know the limits of each ft. We don't have a Cap on how strong WBH punch was because everything was destroyed. The only reason Umar wasn't annihilated was due to her physically shielding herself. Do we have a define limit on how powerful her shields are? Not to my knowledge since we know that she is empowered by her own power (which is obviously trans tier) with additional power added to her own (Dormammu who is a legit Skyfather). Is there any proof that she even survived said attacks?

I don't think you are looking at everything as a whole tbh. Look at the total picture and compare both. Then you'll see where I am coming from.

Overall, I think this is a tie.

That's the point, doe.

Say she's trans+Skyfather, stacked.

So her shields are super powerful. Able to withstand XYZ TeraJoules (or whatever) of energy (and it CAN be worked out, as we know the amount of energy needed to blow a planet up etc). All we would need to know are certain parameters - size of the planet, area of Hulk/Betty's fists, etc. It would take a while, and there will be a few assumptions made, but overall, you can compute it. It would be a massive, massive number, that's for sure.

But Flash....outran himself. As Bentley said, that is literal nonsense. You can't even begin to work out how fast that is. And he has done similar things plenty of times. THAT is the point you're missing. On the one hand, Hulk's feat at his angriest, can be computed, roughly.

Flash's feat is less maths, and more philosophy. Can someone be so fast that they are faster than themselves?

The Sorrow
Both characters have plot based powers and have performed feats of strength/speed that would be impossible to calculate with math.

riv6672

-sigh-
Why cant i quit you? big grin

Bentley
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Both characters have plot based powers and have performed feats of strength/speed that would be impossible to calculate with math.

Again, at no point that makes their feats equivalent.

riv6672
It kinc of does, in a way.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley

It really does. Hulk has not shown a limit physically and has been able to a accomplish anything physically. Flash hasn't shown a speed limit and has been able to accomplish anything speed wise. His statement is true.

DarkSaint85
He HAS been shown to have a limit anger wise, though.

And that is WBH. The angriest he has ever been. Can he get angrier than that? Yes/No/Who knows? We never will.

BUT, if we go by what has been shown in the past, the angriest Hulk ever still would not be as fast as the fastest Flash ever is strong.

carver9
He HAS been shown to have a limit anger wise, though.

And that is WBH. The angriest he has ever been. Can he get angrier than that? Yes/No/Who knows? We never will.

BUT, if we go by what has been shown in the past, the angriest Hulk ever still would not be as fast as the fastest Flash ever is strong.

It was never said that his anger stopped though and it has already been mentioned (more than once mind you) that there hasn't been any limits measured for his anger or his strength....

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAbomination38.jpg

Hulk physical power is just as limitless as Flash speed and WBH being the angriest he's ever been hasn't been the only time that was mentioned. As long as he is pissed, the more powerful his strength becomes. Even during stressed moments.

Bentley
It really does. Hulk has not shown a limit physically and has been able to a accomplish anything physically. Flash hasn't shown a speed limit and has been able to accomplish anything speed wise. His statement is true.

I didn't mean to refute his statement, I explicitly noted that at no point it was an equivalence that could be established when it comes to feats.

Also, you seem to be arguing about Hulk's potential, which is fine and dandy, I can't refute the possibility of Hulk eventually pulling a strenght feat as impressive as Flash has done with speed. I can easily note that Hulk hasn't the same level of feats as of now, which is a sensibility that I feel is being tossed aside a bit in our current discussion.

DarkSaint85
It was never said that his anger stopped though and it has already been mentioned (more than once mind you) that there hasn't been any limits measured for his anger or his strength....

Hulk physical power is just as limitless as Flash speed and WBH being the angriest he's ever been hasn't been the only time that was mentioned. As long as he is pissed, the more powerful his strength becomes. Even during stressed moments.

Has it been said since WBH that he has been angrier?

carver9
Has it been said since WBH that he has been angrier?

Lol...no but I think you missed the point. By the way, you forgot about those moons that was destroyed by Hulk in the Dark Dimension. Then, if you want to add flavor to it all, Pak even confirms that Hulk destroyed the entire dimension during this scene, not just the planet.

DarkSaint85
Lol...no but I think you missed the point. By the way, you forgot about those moons that was destroyed by Hulk in the Dark Dimension. Then, if you want to add flavor to it all, Pak even confirms that Hulk destroyed the entire dimension during this scene, not just the planet.

Yup. My point being, WBH was his angriest ever. And since then, he has not been shown to be any angrier. Ergo, that is his limit.

As for the dimension, like I said, a beastly feat, but still computable. You'd have to make some assumptions, like how many planets etc are there, but still workable.

Let me break it down for you. Who is stronger, WBH or WBH? Not a typo. Can WBH get so angry that he beats WBH?

carver9
See where you are going with this.

riv6672
This is good. I thank you guys.

Surtur
Which Flash? Wally at his fastest is hilariously faster then Hulk, and could also just plain kill him before he processed a thought. If he was feeling nice he could just steal all his speed leaving him as a statue that takes a century just to blink.

But you mentioned this version being only able to run at the speed of sound. Well yeah, that version of Flash would be horribly screwed. At best, the only thing he could successfully do is flee from the Hulk.

It's also pointless to argue whether or not Hulk has a limit. Storywise, sure, he supposedly does not. If you want to use him in a debate? His limit is..well, the best thing we've seen him do.

Mindship
If WBH strength could be translated into speed, how fast would that be? Lightspeed? A thousand cee? A trillion?

If Flash's outrunning death/himself/whatever could be translated into strength, how strong would Flash be? Planet lifter? Star thrower? Neutron-star juggler?

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindship
If WBH strength could be translated into speed, how fast would that be? Lightspeed? A thousand cee? A trillion?

If Flash's outrunning death/himself/whatever could be translated into strength, how strong would Flash be? Planet lifter? Star thrower? Neutron-star juggler?

I'll put it to you this way, the strongest versions of both characters? Flash has way more speed then Hulk has strength. To an absurdly hilarious degree.

carver9
Disagree. Hulk best strength ft would outweigh Flash fastest speed ft.

Surtur

What do you feel his best strength feat is

DarkSaint85
Lol. Not OP's question.

Hulk's best ANGER amping feat is outweighed by Flash's best speed feat.

One_Angry_Scot

What is Hulk's best strength feat that outways Flashes best Speed feat in your mind.

Unless you're speaking hypothetically.

Surtur
Seeing as technically Flash at his best is literally trillions upon trillions upon trillions of times faster then the speed of light..yeah, Hulk is going to have to have a feat of physically destroying solar systems in one shot or something.

Which I already know he doesn't have a feat anywhere near that.

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
What do you feel his best strength feat is

Causing devastation to limitless amount of dimensions during a fist fight. Or him almost overpowering an abstract that was controlling the IG and the Phoenix Force panels later. Or him punching through a force field that an abstract weapon was unable to breach.

Surtur
Causing devastation to limitless amount of dimensions during a fist fight. Or him almost overpowering an abstract that was controlling the IG and the Phoenix Force panels later. Or him punching through a force field that an abstract weapon was unable to breach.

Okay, you don't find those feats the slightest bit dubious?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Flash wins, hands down.

carver9
Seeing as technically Flash at his best is literally trillions upon trillions upon trillions of times faster then the speed of light..yeah, Hulk is going to have to have a feat of physically destroying solar systems in one shot or something.

Which I already know he doesn't have a feat anywhere near that.

Lol, he did assist in destroying a Universe during a fight.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111113733/3529075-7550649134-30164.jpg

stick out tongue

Surtur
Okay when I say a character at his best I mean his consistent best.

carver9
Okay when I say a character at his best I mean his consistent best.

laughing out loud

carver9
Lol. Not OP's question.

Hulk's best ANGER amping feat is outweighed by Flash's best speed feat.

But you're missing the point though. We have yet to see a limitation towards either of these opponents since Flash doesn't have a Cap on his speed and Hulk rage and powers are boundless...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkStrikingPower11198.jpg

This is the reason why I continue to say Flash speed is equal to Hulks strength. The difference is, we know Flash has limitations, the same can not be said of Hulk since again, his power is limitless...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk/HulkRespect02TTA078.jpg

Don't know how many times I have to post limitless stuff for Hulk. Moral of story, we have as of yet to see a cap for either of these two. Both of them have insane fts that is approaching unquantifable.

riv6672
While i sgree neither really has a limit, i think after reading all this Flash can get stronger faster.

TheHulk
Okay, you don't find those feats the slightest bit dubious? OHH and this isn't?

Seeing as technically Flash at his best is literally trillions upon trillions upon trillions of times faster then the speed of light..yeah

riv6672
Thats like three trillion...! huh

DarkSaint85
But you're missing the point though. We have yet to see a limitation towards either of these opponents since Flash doesn't have a Cap on his speed and Hulk rage and powers are boundless...

This is the reason why I continue to say Flash speed is equal to Hulks strength. The difference is, we know Flash has limitations, the same can not be said of Hulk since again, his power is limitless...

Don't know how many times I have to post limitless stuff for Hulk. Moral of story, we have as of yet to see a cap for either of these two. Both of them have insane fts that is approaching unquantifable.

You still do not get my point, and continue to post scans as if I'm some mewling newb.

The Sorrow
Equally ridiculous and unquantifiable.

Punching time/space in the face and destroying it with brute strength is retarded. Hulk literally took on time itself and won. As is powering through a time-stop by force. These kind of feats are littered throughout his career. Flash is THE speed guy, Hulk is THE strength guy and both can pull off pretty much any feat they need to with their respective powersets wether it makes sense scientifically or not.

DarkSaint85

Punching time/space in the face and destroying it with brute strength is retarded. Hulk literally took on time itself and won. As is powering through a time-stop by force. These kind of feats are littered throughout his career. Flash is THE speed guy, Hulk is THE strength guy and both can pull off pretty much any feat they need to with their respective powersets wether it makes sense scientifically or not.

But this is not strength = speed thread. It is an anger=speed.

WBH was when he was angriest. Is this debateable? That the Hulk seen in the Dark Dimension, melting people left right and centre and destroying Umar's realm with the mere shockwaves - and was mentioned numerous times as having finally let go, and being the angriest ever - is that not, then, the angriest WE have seen him?

Did he take time on and win? Did he power through a timestop then?

riv6672
I see what DS is saying here. Its pretty cut and dried and fairly presented.

Bentley
If Hulk doesn't have limitless anger then he doesn't have limited strenght either mmm

TheHulk
But this is not strength = speed thread. It is an anger=speed.

WBH was when he was angriest. Is this debateable? That the Hulk seen in the Dark Dimension, melting people left right and centre and destroying Umar's realm with the mere shockwaves - and was mentioned numerous times as having finally let go, and being the angriest ever - is that not, then, the angriest WE have seen him?

Did he take time on and win? Did he power through a timestop then? Why would he be at his angriest though if all he did was saw Betty kiss Tyrannus...

Mindship

Punching time/space in the face and destroying it with brute strength is retarded. Hulk literally took on time itself and won. As is powering through a time-stop by force. These kind of feats are littered throughout his career. Flash is THE speed guy, Hulk is THE strength guy and both can pull off pretty much any feat they need to with their respective powersets wether it makes sense scientifically or not. Considering the rampant one-upmanship of feats both companies indulge in, this is probably the most accurate statement, imho...though in terms of consistency and DC having been over-the-top longer, I'd probably give Flash the edge. But yeah: basically they are the avatars, the whatever-works incarnations, of their respective attributes.

riv6672
If Hulk doesn't have limitless anger then he doesn't have limited strenght either mmm
What i'm getting is, he does have limitless anger, but, his anger doesnt increase at the rate Flash's speed does, and, we've seen Flash achieve higher rates of speed than we've seen Hulk achieve higher rates of anger.

Which, given what Hulk's done, means he's already comparable to Flash (as aeen in this thread) in his strength to Flash's speed without going as all out as Flash has. mmm x2.

wink

DarkSaint85
Way I saw it, yes, the Hulk has limitless anger and thus, limitless strength.

But he needs to be able to get that angry. THAT is the valve, the limiting factor, on him.

We argue in character. Not just a powerset. What makes Peter Parker angry, for example, wouldn't make Banner angry, and vice-versa.

Therefore, in order to really take full advantage of his limitless anger, you need external stimuli to get him angry - and keep adding it on.

Losing his wife and unborn child, his entire home, thanks to his 'friend', being a massive dick to his other friends as a result of it, being able to finally cut loose without fear of killing someone, THE Betty kissing Tyrannus etc - all those factors piled on top of each other gave us the World Breaker.

And he was explicitly said to be the angriest he had ever been. Multiple times.

Could he have gotten angrier? Well, there's no cap on it - perhaps if it turned out his mother was resurrected in front of him then tortured, and he found out about Tony messing with the gamma test etc etc at the same time, he might have gotten angrier - but with no such factors present, he cannot get any angrier.

TheHulk

But he needs to be able to get that angry. THAT is the valve, the limiting factor, on him.

We argue in character. Not just a powerset. What makes Peter Parker angry, for example, wouldn't make Banner angry, and vice-versa.

Therefore, in order to really take full advantage of his limitless anger, you need external stimuli to get him angry - and keep adding it on.

Losing his wife and unborn child, his entire home, thanks to his 'friend', being a massive dick to his other friends as a result of it, being able to finally cut loose without fear of killing someone, THE Betty kissing Tyrannus etc - all those factors piled on top of each other gave us the World Breaker.

Could he have gotten angrier? Well, there's no cap on it - perhaps if it turned out his mother was resurrected in front of him then tortured, and he found out about Tony messing with the gamma test etc etc at the same time, he might have gotten angrier - but with no such factors present, he cannot get any angrier. I agree

Surtur
Originally posted by TheHulk
OHH and this isn't?

No, because Flash has a variety of crazy massively FTL feats. Do you feel Hulk has a lot of feats showing he can fight IG level beings? You must, otherwise your comment makes no sense.

riv6672
Thats the gist of it. Its just easier for Flash to run at his fastest than Hulk to just keep getting angrier.

Surtur
But we actually don't know if it is truly limitless, isn't that a no limits fallacy? How do you know Hulk has an infinite capacity for anger?

Bentley

Could he have gotten angrier? Well, there's no cap on it - perhaps if it turned out his mother was resurrected in front of him then tortured, and he found out about Tony messing with the gamma test etc etc at the same time, he might have gotten angrier - but with no such factors present, he cannot get any angrier.

You're just a Flash fanboy, stop hating ahah

DarkSaint85
You're just a Flash fanboy, stop hating ahah

Nah. I love my boy Hulk here, he's my fav character. Reminds me of Wolverine (but green and with no claws).

TheHulk
Nah. I love my boy Hulk here, he's my fav character. Reminds me of Wolverine (but green and with no claws). Awww, if only it was true...

riv6672
I love both characters. No one is stronger, no one is faster. You cant beat that!

Bentley
Nah. I love my boy Hulk here, he's my fav character. Reminds me of Wolverine (but green and with no claws).

The only things Hulk shares with Logan are STDs.

carver9
@Darksaint...

I think Hulk powers is dependent on his anger. I think that if he is angry, his power continues to increase, no matter the gist. Then when he is PISSED....it jumps up to another level. I think as long as he is angry his powers continues to grow, even if the anger levels isn't fluctuating which explains a lot of his fts imo. Hulk has achieved Abstract level fts, something that I wouldn't present Flash speed as imo. To each his own I guess.

DarkSaint85
The only things Hulk shares with Logan are STDs.

Reported for bashing Carver.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
I love both characters. No one is stronger, no one is faster. You cant beat that!

Okay, but what you just said isn't true at all in terms of nobody being stronger or faster, even if you are just limiting that comment to referring to people from Marvel and DC. The Hulk doesn't have the best strength feats out of all Marvel characters that has ever existed. Same with the Flash, who is at the very least rivaled by Pre Crisis Superman when it comes to speed.

@Darksaint...

I think Hulk powers is dependent on his anger. I think that if he is angry, his power continues to increase, no matter the gist. Then when he is PISSED....it jumps up to another level. I think as long as he is angry his powers continues to grow, even if the anger levels isn't fluctuating which explains a lot of his fts imo. Hulk has achieved Abstract level fts, something that I wouldn't present Flash speed as imo. To each his own I guess.

Citing any time Hulk reached "abstract" levels doesn't really help the case though. Look I like Hulk too, and I do think he can get pretty damn strong, but him getting strong enough to fight IG level beings is..well, it kind of just hurts even typing that out. Even as broken as Flash is, you don't really see him taking on high end cosmics.

meep-meep

Well said and I think you nailed it. Hulk needs 'help' to get continuously angry, whereas Flash just needs to try and go faster, and he will. It's not even really debatable imo.

riv6672
I'm not being literal, i'm referring to the spirit of the characters...

krisblaze

This is what I've been saying for years.

He relies on external plot stuff to reach these levels.

riv6672
Like i already said, easier for Flash to run fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.