Spidey's back w/Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Spiderman has returned back to where he belongs...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/spider-man-marvel-sony-movies-1201429508/

who could/should play him?

what villains could/should be used?

Esau Cairn
So who's looking forward to a 3rd Origins film? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So who's looking forward to a 3rd Origins film? roll eyes (sarcastic) Who knows if they'll actually do an origin film, it's not like they need to.

KingD19
So Spidey will be a new addition in Avengers 3.

Maybe even Civil War if it's not too far in.

Inhuman
It appears to be great news BUT Sony is still involved, meaning I have a bad feeling about this erm

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mindset
Who knows if they'll actually do an origin film, it's not like they need to.

thumb up

Just jump straight into the action.

Esau Cairn
Who knows if they'll actually do an origin film, it's not like they need to.

MOS didn't need one...but still got one.

I mean are they gonna bring Spidey's true integrity back to Uncle Ben's death or go with Peter's spy parents?

There's also irony in Marvel selling the rights to Sony for $7 million...Sony disappointing the fans but still turning it into a $4billion dollar franchise.

Who got screwed, Marvel or us?

DARTH POWER

Nah they won't do that. Marvel's stepping away from Origin stories, and Spidy's had 1 too many in the last 15 years.

I mean are they gonna bring Spidey's true integrity back to Uncle Ben's death or go with Peter's spy parents?

They can either ignore those things, or bring them up in flashbacks if Marvel wants them correcting.

Who got screwed, Marvel or us?

Both.

But right now I'm just happy he's back where he belongs (at least partially).

steverules_2
So glad spider-mans gonna be in an Avengers film

Mindset

Superman's last origin story in films before MoS happened decades ago.

Spiderman has had 2, one just a couple years ago. Not really the same scenario.

DARTH POWER
Is it sad that this news has really made my day? I'm literally just soooo happy right now just thinking about Spider-Man and Hulk together on the Big Screen!

Arachnid1
YES! My all-time favorite hero is home! I honestly thought this wouldn't happen for at least 20 years. I figured I'd be 40 years old with children by the time this happened.

Now, Marvel has the biggest super hero name in comics, the greats rogues gallery ever made (with Batman being fair competition), and some of the greatest comic book stories ever told at their disposal in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sorry, but it's time to move over Iron Man. The king is back.

And wtf KMC, only two positive/excited posts about this? This is some of the best news I've gotten in a while. It's made my entire year. I'm more excited just hearing this news than I am for Avengers 2 and BvS combined. This is so big for me, its ridiculous.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyl5y1L5Sm1qavugro1_1280.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/011/b/7/spider_man_vs__goblin_mu2011_ap_by_twynsunz-d4m14xx.jpg

Quincy
I think we've started to wisen up a bit and any news instead of freaking out how awful something will be or how amazing something will be, we are all steadily growing more realistic.

This news bodes well, but we'll see...

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm more excited just hearing this news than I am for Avengers 2 and BvS combined.

thumb up

Firefly218
**** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wakkawakkawakka
I'm still concerned as to whether or not Spidey will end up playing second fiddle in comparison to the rest of the Avengers.

However this does seem like positive news.

Psychotron
Looks like the Avegers get another member that's more useful than Cap, Black Widow, and Purple Arrow.

Firefly218
You guys are sooooo negetive

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I'm still concerned as to whether or not Spidey will end up playing second fiddle in comparison to the rest of the Avengers.

It's nothing to be concerned about if he has a smaller role in Avengers than the Big 4 IMHO.

Either way there's no way they're going to make Spidey seem useless or anything close to that. Remember he's Marvel's Original Icon and Poster boy.

People kept saying Marvel don't "need" him. But it was never about needs. It was about the nostalgia and "wanting" to be able to use their own Icon.

This move clearly shows that Marvel Studios despite their massive success still try to make their fans dreams come true as much as they are able.

Originally posted by Firefly218
You guys are sooooo negetive

Screw em! I feel like throwing a party for this! You and Arachnid1 can come join me.

Firefly218
Marvel did great making sure all characters in avengers were equally balanced. There's no reason to doubt their ability to do so with Spidey.

Firefly218
I'll bring the chips big grin

Quincy
Marvel did great making sure all characters in avengers were equally balanced. There's no reason to doubt their ability to do so with Spidey.

Tell that to Hawkeye

Robtard
Hell yes, can't wait to see some Spider-Man and Hulk interactions

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Robtard
Hell yes, can't wait to see some Spider-Man and Hulk interactions

Oh yeah!

Move over IM. Hulk has a new best buddy

steverules_2
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

I'm not sure IM and Hulk are so close anymore considering their having a pub brawl in the streets in Avengers 2

Robtard
Oh yeah!

Article gave me a semi, also think Sony is smart (greed driven) enough to let Feige do his magic uninterrupted, even though the deal gives them final creative control, so I expect/hope this new Spider-Man will be superbly cast and written

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm not sure IM and Hulk are so close anymore considering their having a pub brawl in the streets in Avengers 2

I know. Spidey will be Hulk's new best buddy.

Originally posted by Quincy
Tell that to Hawkeye

Yeah because Spidey's Iconic status is about equal to Hawkeye's.

Besides I'm sure part of the deal would be to make Spidey look good so that it boosts the marketing for Sony's solo Spidey's films. I doubt Sony would agree to it if Marvel were just going to nerf Spidey in their movies.

Quincy
Let's get some Miles Morales

DARTH POWER
Article gave me a semi,

Just a semi? Pfft. I cummed in my pants.

Robtard
Just a semi? Pfft. I cummed in my pants.

Tantra control

Psychotron
Oh yeah!

How will that work when Tony Stark basically stole Peter's personality?

Robtard
Originally posted by Quincy
Let's get some Miles Morales

GTFO with that noise, Quin

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Psychotron
How will that work when Tony Stark basically stole Peter's personality?

He did? I thought Peter's usually a nerd but Jokes around with confidence only when he's in the costume.

Come to think about it, now that they can use Spidey, and with the popularity of the Starlord character as well, does the MCU even need Robert Downey anymore?

I'm sure they'd be 10 times more confident recasting him now than they would have been a year ago.

Robtard
Why recast the RDJ when he's perfect for the role. Leave what works alone, at least for another 2-3 films

Quincy
GTFO with that noise, Quin

Did I say Miles Morales?

I meant Ben Reilly

Psychotron
He did? I thought Peter's usually a nerd but Jokes around with confidence only when he's in the costume.

Come to think about it, now that they can use Spidey, and with the popularity of the Starlord character as well, does the MCU even need Robert Downey anymore?

I'm sure they'd be 10 times more confident recasting him now than they would have been a year ago.

Eh, he jokes out of the costume as well.

As for RDJ, I think they should cut him loose, he obviously doesn't want to do this anymore.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by KingD19
So Spidey will be a new addition in Avengers 3.

Maybe even Civil War if it's not too far in.

I read an announcement today that Civil War will be Spider-Mans first appearance in the MCU then the following year he will get his own solo movie.

DARTH POWER
Why recast the RDJ when he's perfect for the role. Leave what works alone, at least for another 2-3 films

It's not that they want to. But his renewed contract almost fell through because of the amount of money he's demanding.

When the new contract comes to an end I doubt Marvel will extend it if he still asks for that much money. Marvel don't need to rely on any particular actor(or character) anymore.

wakkawakkawakka
It's nothing to be concerned about if he has a smaller role in Avengers than the Big 4 IMHO.

Yeah for me, I just don't like the idea of Spidey not being no#1 especially since prior to 2012 he was still more popular that Thor, Hulk, and Cap.

DARTH POWER
Yeah for me, I just don't like the idea of Spidey not being no#1 especially since prior to 2012 he was still more popular that Thor, Hulk, and Cap.

He's still is more popular than those 3 Imho. And will always be the most famous. Kids especially still just love Spider-Man more than anyone else.

TASM2 grossed the same as Cap 2, even though Cap 2 was the far superior movie.

Arachnid1
He's still is more popular than those 3 Imho. And will always be the most famous. Kids especially still just love Spider-Man more than anyone else.

TASM2 grossed the same as Cap 2, even though Cap 2 was the far superior movie. Agreed with this.

Spidey also makes more in licensing than Batman or Superman, and more than all the MCU properties combined.

Firefly218
IM, Cap and Thor are really popular characters, Spidey is an icon.

BTW, Black Widow and Hawkeye were both really important in Avengers

BruceSkywalker
just as i suspected Spidey makes his debut in Cap: Civil War...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/329523-sinister-six-still-in-development-spider-man-to-debut-in-captain-america-civil-war#/slide/1

those of you that wanted garfield to return well he isn't thank goodness

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just as i suspected Spidey makes his debut in Cap: Civil War...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/329523-sinister-six-still-in-development-spider-man-to-debut-in-captain-america-civil-war#/slide/1

those of you that wanted garfield to return well he isn't thank goodness You didn't like Garfield? The dude was great.

Someday soon guys
https://36.media.tumblr.com/40af790dd695c843b7490e89a14471f1/tumblr_mianft4snb1rt5atfo1_500.jpg

BruceSkywalker
You didn't like Garfield? The dude was great.

Someday soon guys
https://36.media.tumblr.com/40af790dd695c843b7490e89a14471f1/tumblr_mianft4snb1rt5atfo1_500.jpg

nope ..

that will happen in Infinity War

Firefly218
So if Spidey debuts in Civil War, that means we're not getting another origin story thumb up

Arachnid1
So if Spidey debuts in Civil War, that means we're not getting another origin story thumb up They cant have him reveal his secret identity in his first showing. That doesn't work for this, it's too early. I wonder how his role will change.

inb4 his solo movie is his deal with Mephisto lol

Quincy
They probably will, secret identities are like, not a thing in the MCU

BlackZero30x
I think Spidy will still keep his a secret.

wakkawakkawakka

TASM2 grossed the same as Cap 2, even though Cap 2 was the far superior movie.
Hmmm...I just hope Spidey finale gets his due in Marvel now that Sony is hogging him.

To be honest I actually forgot about how much money TAS2 made so good call on that.

DARTH POWER

To be honest I actually forgot about how much money TAS2 made so good call on that.

thumb up

Inhuman
My concern isnt about Spiderman being featured in the MCU. Im sure it will be great stuff. My concern lies with his future solo movies that will be handled by sony, not marvel studios.

: i forgot that this deal included Feige being the producer for future spidey solo films.

Well that gets my hopes up massively. Just funny how sony did whatever it could to keep the rights to Spidey after they ****ed up the franchise with ASM 1 and 2. So this way they keep the rights and use Marvel to fix their cash cow and continue the flow of money pouring in.

Robtard
It wasn't just Cap2 being the superior film, ASM2 was outright awful but still pulled in the dollars on name alone

DARTH POWER
LOL Well looks like TASM2 being Awful is the best thing that could have happened to Spider-Man.

Edit- But poor Garfield. He was a Great Spider-Man Imho. Just joined the franchise at the wrong time.

BruceSkywalker
a much younger actor will be playing Parker/Spidey

http://www.superherohype.com/news/329567-get-ready-for-a-much-younger-spider-man

Arachnid1
I was hoping for an adult, more experienced Spidey

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130116133051/marveldatabase/images/4/41/Peter_Parker_(Earth-81141).jpg

At least this way, they can stick with the actor longer and have Spidey age with him though. Thats a cool prospect I guess.

Robtard
Haley Joel Osment is being considered

meep-meep
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I think Spidy will still keep his a secret.

I completely agree. That would create a really sort of mysterious side part of the movie. I don't think his identity should be revealed. It would also create a buildup for his solo movie.

Mindset
Haley Joel Osment is being considered Don't do this, Rob.

Don't phucking do this, man.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/whydowe_fall/GIFS/orig-10334211jpg.gif

Shabazz916
Donald glover for spiderman... End peter parker.

Black panther & captain america vs iron man & spiderman for civil war

Esau Cairn

It's like The Butterfly Effect...

You put it out there...now it's gonna happen.

Humanity & Humanity's children weep for your callousness.

BlackZero30x
Dylan O'Brien and Logan Lerman are also being considered. I personally would be happy with either one of them. Rumor has it though that Lerman has been cast but they haven't announced it yet. No proof of that though. I thnk it stems from him being talked about for the part in the leaked emails.

Esau Cairn
Have no idea who O'Brien & Lerman is.

What have they done?

BlackZero30x
O'Brien is the main star in The Maze runner and he was in Teen Wolf. Lerman was The Main Star of Perks of being a Wallflower. IMO Lerman showed he in Perks that he has the chops to do Peter Parker.

EDIT: Logan Lerman was also in Fury and he was Percy Jackson.

BruceSkywalker

he hasn't stopped seeing dead people big grin

lerman could work

BlackZero30x
This is Dylan O'Brien...My preferred choice actually

BlackZero30x
This is Logan Lerman

Kazenji
Logan Lerman i would like to see for the role.

Quincy
Dylan O'Brien is way better for Peter Parker than Logan Lerman.

DARTH POWER
Well looks as though Marvel actually paid nothing for this deal, and are doing it completely risk free:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/details-spider-man-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

I guess the biggest risk they're taking is if Sony still makes bad Spider-Man movies it might reflect bad on Marvel as well. But let's face it, do Marvel even have the time/resources to start making Spider-Man movies right now with everything else on their plate?

So Win-Win all around really.

Lestov16
Amazing how much time and resources can be put in to materialize narrative drawings.

steverules_2
Spider-Man is gonna be in new cap film right? I'm just wondering if he's gonna be spider-man or Peter Parker before he becomes spider-man

DARTH POWER
Spider-Man is gonna be in new cap film right? I'm just wondering if he's gonna be spider-man or Peter Parker before he becomes spider-man

Yeah it's definitely Spider-Man when he's already Spider-Man.

Anyway the deal apparently only includes Cap:Civil War and the next Spider-Man solo movie for now:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/marvel-and-sony-reach-deal-on-spider-man-movie-production-1423546677

^ last paragraph.

So hoping all goes well for those 2 movies, so that the deal gets extended permanently.

BlackZero30x
Yeah it's definitely Spider-Man when he's already Spider-Man.

Anyway the deal apparently only includes Cap:Civil War and the next Spider-Man solo movie for now:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/marvel-and-sony-reach-deal-on-spider-man-movie-production-1423546677

^ last paragraph.

So hoping all goes well for those 2 movies, so that the deal gets extended permanently. It would suck if the deal was broken because that would kinda screw up the MCU continuity. lol

Esau Cairn
It would suck if the deal was broken because that would kinda screw up the MCU continuity. lol

I'd like to see DC/Warner Bros make a bid for Spidey wink

Shabazz916
miles morales or no spiderman

Mindset
Originally posted by Shabazz916
miles morales or no spiderman No.

Esau Cairn
All these "new young stars" I have no idea what they're talents are like...people seem to be nominating them juz on looks.

Mindset
All these "new young stars" I have no idea what they're talents are like...people seem to be nominating them juz on looks. Logan Lerman hadwas in those Percy Jackson movies and that new war movie with Brad Pitt, and Dylan was in Maze Runner and Teen Wolf tv show.

Both are pretty solid actors.

Mindset
Honestly, kinda surprised you have not seen a movie with Lerman in it, he was in some pretty big ones.

Noah and Fury in the last couple years.

quanchi112
I'd like to see DC/Warner Bros make a bid for Spidey wink Dc does need marvel heroes to aid their cause. Marvel is crushing them with a splintered universe no less!!

Esau Cairn
F me sideways...Quan takes me seriously. blink

marwash22
never really thought about it, but it is kinda sad that Warner owns all the rights to their comic characters never thought about doing a shared universe until they saw how successful the MCU is.

BruceSkywalker
who could/should play mj or gwen?

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
who could/should play mj or gwen? I could, I guess.

Esau Cairn
I could, I guess.

Better have perky nipples.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by marwash22
never really thought about it, but it is kinda sad that Warner owns all the rights to their comic characters never thought about doing a shared universe until they saw how successful the MCU is.

Oh they've "thought" about it. They've been discussing Batman vs Superman and Justice League for over a decade. They just never had the courage to go through with it until Avengers.

Honestly they've just been too slow the whole time. They've screwed up even by delaying Batman V Superman by a year. If it was this year (as orginally intended) it would have been my most anticipated Superhero movie of the year (more than Avengers 2). But now with the Spider-Man deal BvS is not my most anticipated Superhero movie of 2016. Civil War is.

Esau Cairn
But now with the Spider-Man deal BvS is not my most anticipated Superhero movie of 2016. Civil War is.

Regardless of what's the most anticipated...it's not like the audience is going to see one & not the other.

DARTH POWER
Regardless of what's the most anticipated...it's not like the audience is going to see one & not the other.

I guess so. But your average movie audience only goes to the pictures a few times a year.

I suppose it helps Batman V Superman is out first.

BlackZero30x

lol

In a world where the Batman Vs Superman movie has every DC hero ever....WB and DC now presents to you, Spider-Man!...because why the f**k not.

Mindset
Better have perky nipples. The perkiest.

BruceSkywalker
I could, I guess.

thumb up laughing out loud

Inhuman

The way WB/DC does their casting, they would get Jaden Smith to play the new Spider-Man

Arachnid1
This is Dylan O'Brien...My preferred choice actually The more I see and hear about this guy, the more convinced I am. Somebody posted a short video of some of his jokes in Teen Wolf, and he was legitimately funny. He gave off a real Parker vibe. I've never watched Teen Wolf, but that made me want to start.

He has the look for a teenage Parker too.
http://cdn.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dylan-obrien-birthday-august-26-2013-gifs-midnightrider1.gif

http://2plunq3tkzat3cwrit1poghlzw7.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2014/08/feature-image-dylan-obrien.jpg

^^^look at that cheeky phuck

I would prefer he bulked up a bit though. Garfield was a bit too skinny. People always talk about how scrawny Spidey should look, but he's never been that scrawny tbh.

http://www.chasingamazingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Amazing-Spiderman-404.jpg

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/sinister-six-venom-carnage.png

marwash22
spidey is officially 5'10"/165lbs (that's pretty petite for a guy)... the depiction of him in the pic you posted is from an artist who did a poor job.

BlackZero30x
The more I see and hear about this guy, the more convinced I am. Somebody posted a short video of some of his jokes in Teen Wolf, and he was legitimately funny. He gave off a real Parker vibe. I've never watched Teen Wolf, but that made me want to start.

He has the look for a teenage Parker too.

If he put on a little more muscle I wouldn't hate it but I don't want him to go to Toby level muscle. He seemed too big to me. Anyways, absolutely! I first saw him in The Maze Runner but my woman watches Teen Wolf so I have seen his wit and imo its perfect! The kid is a good actor that has done wittiness and he looks the part. I think Hollywood would be dumb to not cast him.

Arachnid1
spidey is officially 5'10"/165lbs (that's pretty petite for a guy)... the depiction of him in the pic you posted is from an artist who did a poor job. Really?

Thats retarded! The official stats have to be waaaaay off. He wasn't depicted to be that skinny in his older comics, or his newer comics. Maybe in Ultimate, but thats about it.

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2014/September/140911/1D274906755260-today-marvelantibully-140911-rs-05.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146991/3236453-3970428318-Spide.jpg

Those dont look like 165 to me at all. This is what 5'10 and 163 looks like (Garfields stats):
http://content.hollywire.com/sites/default/files/resize/2011/07/14/Andrew-Garfield-Spiderman-Cover_0-510x679.JPG

Marvel totally screwed up Spideys stats listing.

marwash22
the pic of him on the Avengers cover is accurate, the second one is an example of poor artist representation... based on his arms and legs, Spidey in that pic weighs around 205lbs; he's larger than Cap in the other pic.

marwash22
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/wizardworld/marvel-comics-wizard-world-reveal-amazing-spider-man-1-exclusive-variant-cover-by-john-tyler-christopher-for-atlanta-comic-con-2.jpg

that's a good representation based on the official stats.

Mindset
spidey is officially 5'10"/165lbs (that's pretty petite for a guy) Lol, no it's not, Gecko.

marwash22
Lol, no it's not, Gecko. iirc, those are your stats, or close to it; I didn't mean petite in a bad way. don't get defensive, babe.

also, I'm topping out at 195 these days. smallest I've been in years. my goal is 185.

estahuh

Mindset
iirc, those are your stats, or close to it; I didn't mean petite in a bad way. don't get defensive, babe.

also, I'm topping out at 195 these days. smallest I've been in years. my goal is 185.

estahuh It's not and I'm not.

Spiderman would have like 3% bf, his 5'10 165 wouldn't be small at all.

marwash22
based on the footage i have, it is and you are.

sure.

Esau Cairn
lol

In a world where the Batman Vs Superman movie has every DC hero ever....WB and DC now presents to you, Spider-Man!...because why the f**k not.

Batman: "What I need is a wise-cracking side-kick. That looks good in tights."

Superman:"EEWWWW it's so sticky!"

quanchi112
F me sideways...Quan takes me seriously. blink So you take it back. I'm damn good at this debating thing.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you take it back. I'm damn good at this debating thing. thumb up

I'm proud of you, buddy.

Esau Cairn
So you take it back. I'm damn good at this debating thing.

I don't consider flogging a dead horse, debating.

jinXed by JaNx
man, this news is sooo awesome, i bet nothing bad comes from this. I mean it's not like, Marvel would ever make a decision that would compromise or change a character based solely on popular demographic poles or anything. Marvel will never be capable of making a bad movie like Spiderman 3

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
man, this news is sooo awesome, i bet nothing bad comes from this. I mean it's not like, Marvel would ever make a decision that would compromise or change a character based solely on popular demographic poles or anything. Marvel will never be capable of making a bad movie like Spiderman 3

Well Marvel's still not making the Spider-Man movies. But they will have Major Creative Input. If Sony has any sense they will just do whatever Marvel says.

But agree about this news. To quote the Lego movie:

EVERYTHING IS AWESOMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Marvel will never be capable of making a bad movie like Spiderman 3

IronMan 2 & both Thors were a bit disappointing.

DARTH POWER
Worst Marvel movies (ones which people generally don't rave about):

1. IM3
2. IM2
3. Thor: TDW (Liked it at first simply because of my excitement of seeing a Thor sequel, but reality sank in with repeated viewings).

Out of those 3 I'd say the only really bad one was IM3.

But 3 out of 10 Watchable/Bad movies vs 7 out of 10 Pretty Good/Awesome movies, is a Fantastic record. And honestly the main problem seems to be the IM Sequels, which most people seem to forgive because the character himself has become by far the most popular.

Compare that to Sony's Spider-Man record. 1/3 bad movies in the first franchise (which tainted the whole series because it wasn't just bad, it was outright Awful), then 1/2 bad movies in the reboot.

Yeah if Sony has any sense they will do whatever Marvel tells them to.

Reflassshh
I'd rather have wolverine back, but meh, I'm glad for those who like Pete.

quanchi112
Dc is probably shitting their pants. laughing out loud

Lestov16
Worst Marvel movies (ones which people generally don't rave about):

1. IM3
2. IM2
3. Thor: TDW (Liked it at first simply because of my excitement of seeing a Thor sequel, but reality sank in with repeated viewings).

But 3 out of 10 Watchable/Bad movies vs 7 out of 10 Pretty Good/Awesome movies, is a Fantastic record. And honestly the main problem seems to be the IM Sequels, which most people seem to forgive because the character himself has become by far the most popular.

Compare that to Sony's Spider-Man record. 1/3 bad movies in the first franchise (which tainted the whole series because it wasn't just bad, it was outright Awful), then 1/2 bad movies in the reboot.

Yeah if Sony has any sense they will do whatever Marvel tells them to.

Sony blacklisted Denzel because they thought his race was to blame for low overseas box office numbers for The Equalizer, so i do not have too much faith in their common sense

Honestly, I think two changes to SMIII would have massively upgraded it's quality:
1. Remove the scene with dancing Peter
2. Give Venom a badass voice instead of that of Topher. I liked Grace as Brock, but when he became Venom they didn't need to keep his voice. It massively downgraded the menace of the character.

If Raimi had done those two things, it wouldve undoubtedly saved the movie.

Firefly218
Dc is probably shitting their pants. laughing out loud
Companies aren't organic beings that can shit or wear pants, dumbass

Firefly218

Funny how out of those three, IM3 has the highest critic score

quanchi112
Companies aren't organic beings that can shit or wear pants, dumbass People run the companies, dumbass. It isn't some artifical intelligence. Do you think this is the matrix or something ? You are really embarrassing yourself.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Funny how out of those three, IM3 has the highest critic score It is subjective so who cares. Quit being a lemming in life.

Firefly218
People run the companies, dumbass. It isn't some artifical intelligence. Do you think this is the matrix or something ? You are really embarrassing yourself.

laughing out loud
It's called a fvckin joke you brainless imp

It is subjective so who cares. Quit being a lemming in life.
I care

quanchi112
It's called a fvckin joke you brainless imp

I care You were dead serious, Neo. Dc is running scared.

You can't compare subjective opinion or personal preference. You can argue your case or talk trash but you weren't really going that route.

Lestov16
Funny how out of those three, IM3 has the highest critic score

It's really a testament to RDJ's charisma that he is able to carry the IM films no matter what their quality. It wasn't until after I left the theatre that the plot holes of IMIII began to sink in.

Firefly218
You were dead serious, Neo. Dc is running scared.
Once again, a company is incapable of performing any physical tasks
. Especially running.

You can't compare subjective opinion or personal preference. You can argue your case or talk trash but you weren't really going that route.

Subjective opinion IS personal preference. And I wasn't giving my opinion, I was stating a fact. The consensus of critics rated IM3 higher than the other two films.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Lestov16
It's really a testament to RDJ's charisma that he is able to carry the IM films no matter what their quality. It wasn't until after I left the theatre that the plot holes of IMIII began to sink in.
thumb up

Reflassshh
Dc is probably shitting their pants. laughing out loud facepalm

Lestov16
Quan is hoping DC is defecating themselves so he won't be the only one with uncontrollable bowels.

DARTH POWER

thumb up

As I said, the bad Marvel movies are mainly just the IM Sequels.

But you're right it is a testament to both RDJ and Marvel that IM's still by far the most popular character in the MCU. That's why both the IM franchise and the larger Marvel Movie franchise as a whole are pretty much forgiven by the movie audience for a couple of bad sequels.

DARTH POWER
Dc is running scared.

Hmm I wonder where they're running to.

Btw Is Fox also running scared?

ares834
IM3 has grown on me. I still don't think it's a good film but I prefer it to either IM2 or TDW.

Mindset
TDW was good though.

Kazenji
So was IM2, Never had a problem with that one.

quanchi112
Once again, a company is incapable of performing any physical tasks
. Especially running.

Subjective opinion IS personal preference. And I wasn't giving my opinion, I was stating a fact. The consensus of critics rated IM3 higher than the other two films. Still debating people's opinions based off numbers. Silly.

Quit being a nerd and chill out.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reflassshh
facepalm Hang your head in shame.

quanchi112
Quan is hoping DC is defecating themselves so he won't be the only one with uncontrollable bowels. One day I hope to giggle when you make a joke.

quanchi112
Hmm I wonder where they're running to.

Btw Is Fox also running scared? To the bathroom.

No.

Firefly218

Quit being a nerd and chill out.

You first

DARTH POWER

No.

Care to explain yourself why DC is apparently running scared whilst Fox is not?

Otherwise I'll assume it's just because you hate DC products but not Fox's X-Men.

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/a2gvk_zps59352541.jpg~original

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji

^ I'm not actually looking for a debate. Can't be arsed with that anymore. Just curious why it's always and only DC whose "running scared." Fox is also a Rival studio which makes Superhero films.

steverules_2
Isn't it Warner Bros. who do the DC movies? Wouldn't they be "running scared"?

I've always been more Marvel than DC, I'm just glad spider-man is gonna be in an Avengers film or two. Don't really care much for whether the opposite company is scared. I enjoy DC movies as well and if they do well then great. I don't really care much for this arguing over which company is better (although Marvel is to be fair releasing the better films I'd say).

DARTH POWER
Isn't it Warner Bros. who do the DC movies? Wouldn't they be "running scared"?

I've always been more Marvel than DC, I'm just glad spider-man is gonna be in an Avengers film or two. Don't really care much for whether the opposite company is scared. I enjoy DC movies as well and if they do well then great. I don't really care much for this arguing over which company is better (although Marvel is to be fair releasing the better films I'd say).

Agree with every single line you've said.

And yes it would be Warner Bros apparently "running scared." Warner Bros whose superhero/comic book Movie properties go beyond just the DC ones.

Firefly218
DC doesn't have its own studio like Marvel

Lestov16
IMO, I thought TDK Trilogy and (the second and third act of) MOS were better than any MCU film, but the frequency at which the MCU produces films and their Saturday morning cartoon take on superheroes, as opposed to the psuedo-realistic epic take the WB/DC films have, make them far more popular and recognizable.

Mindset
IMO, I thought TDK Trilogy and (the second and third act of) MOS were better than any MCU film, but the frequency at which the MCU produces films and their Saturday morning cartoon take on superheroes, as opposed to the psuedo-realistic epic take the WB/DC films have, make them far more popular and recognizable. Mos and TDKR were pretty bad imo.

marwash22
mindset, I'm gonna sock you and your opinion right in the mouth.

Lestov16
LOL Deez niggaz beefin hard
http://collider.com/marvel-fights-fox-cancels-fantastic-four/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collider+sr+february&sr_source=lift_facebook

Reflassshh
Mos and TDKR were pretty bad imo. Mos was a 7/10 and TDKR's second half was pretty decent too.

marwash22
http://collider.com/marvel-fights-fox-cancels-fantastic-four/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collider+sr+february&sr_source=lift_facebook Mickey Mouse goin' hard in the paint. Disney gonna bully Fox into selling them the rights back.

#ThugLife

Lestov16
Word to me dawg. When Disney wishes upon a star, they're really wishing a nigga would.

steverules_2
http://collider.com/marvel-fights-fox-cancels-fantastic-four/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collider+sr+february&sr_source=lift_facebook

It's nice to see marvel not being childish about this by not giving us new characters and cancelling a popular comic book...oh wait...

dynamix
It's nice to see marvel not being childish about this by not giving us new characters and cancelling a popular comic book...oh wait...

i'm sayin...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>