Kylo Ren is not Jacen Solo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
I heard some rumors that Kylo Ren may be Jacen Solo but I don't think he is Jacen Solo however I believe that Kylo Ren will have some sort of connection with the Skywalker but will not be Jacen Solo. For one, Jacen Solo's influence to the Dark side was brought about by Lumiya(The Light Whip Lady), whereas Kylo Ren is suppose to be drawn in by whoever Serkis' Sith Character is going to be. Then they said that Kylo Ren's injuries were from a crash and had to go on prosthetic support by which he has that in common with Lumiya; Jacen Solo never had prosthetics, even after his fight with Luke and Jaina. Jacen never used a crossguard lightsaber, just the typical single blade. Then again the stories can change but looking at things now Jacen and Kylo Ren are two different characters. What are your thoughts on them?

Q99
I can't see why someone would think he is. They are ditching the old / 'Legends' EU.

Ushgarak
Yeah that pretty much sums it up, really.

|King Joker|
Maybe they mean a Jacen Solo like character.

But yeah, if people were seriously theorizing Kylo is actually Jacen that's pretty weird.

Zenwolf
Even if he was, it doesn't mean he's gonna be the Jacen of the old EU. So it's rather moot anyway to bring that up, because if he is, it's only going to be by name.

queeq
Ah, useless thread. How nice. wink

atv2
Originally posted by queeq
Ah, useless thread. How nice. wink

Kylo Ren has been the rage of the sequel trilogy thus far. With his Crossguard lightsaber and his identity still a mystery, he's open to speculation by any starwars fan around. I think this thread is far from useless.

queeq
Oh really? So come up with something substantial then.

atv2
Oh really? So come up with something substantial then.

From the looks of it, they are gearing towards Jacen Solo being Kylo Ren but their backgrounds seem different from The New Jedi Order. From what I heard Han Solo gets killed by Ren, Jacen never killed his father. Jacen killed Mara Jade, Luke's wife but he never killed Han Solo. Plus Han Solo was alive after Jacen was dead.

atv2
BTW, I meant to say Sydow's character not Serkis.

atv2
Also, they mentioned that Kylo Ren taught himself the ways of the sith whereas Jacen was taught by Lumiya.

atv2
Plus Chewie was dead before Jacen became Caedus but Chewie's alive when Kylo Ren became a sith.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by atv2
Plus Chewie was dead before Jacen became Caedus but Chewie's alive when Kylo Ren became a sith.

This is a completely new timeline. Everything after Return of the Jedi has been erased.

Kylo Ren could still very well be Jacen, or at least a Solo kid if they change his name. Jacen and Jaina have, essentially, never existed.

queeq
I think you should all start accepting that there will be no EU stuff in Ep7.

NewLanceWindu

Not necessarily. I think there will be some stuff in there, but re-worked to fit the new continuity. At the very least there will be nods to EU items.

queeq
Why do you think that?

NewLanceWindu
Leaked concept art.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Montross and http://i.imgur.com/rh6XojX.jpg are supposedly the same person.

When the concept art first leaked, the image tagged Montross in the original file name. This, of course, could be completely false, but it's what was posted. Could be the same name on a new character, but it's still a nod.

queeq
Ah, clear enough.

atv2

They used the EU for the prequel trilogy can't see why not for the sequel.

queeq
Not fully developed characters or plotlines. Just little references.

NewGuy01
Kylo Ren is Ezra Bridger, 'nuff said.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Kylo Ren is Ezra Bridger, 'nuff said.

It would be interesting, but we pretty much already know the actor under the cloak and age does not match up one bit. Ezra is the same age as Luke and Leia, hinted to be down to the exact same day even.

queeq
Yeah, there is a rumour about that...

|King Joker|
Not fully developed characters or plotlines. Just little references. They put Aayla Secura in AotC. Probably more EU characters that I give very little ****s about, too.

Put I agree that in TFA they likely won't do stuff like that. Definitely there will be references.

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
It would be interesting, but we pretty much already know the actor under the cloak and age does not match up one bit. Ezra is the same age as Luke and Leia, hinted to be down to the exact same day even. They could do some fancy makeup to make him look older maybe. *shrugs*

queeq
Good shrug.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.