Oldest active heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Not counting immortals, extended life spans, time displacement, or some sort of cryogenics.

Who are the oldest heroes, Marvel and DC or other?

Branlor Swift
Sentry

Q99
Originally posted by riv6672
Not counting immortals, extended life spans, time displacement, or some sort of cryogenics.

Who are the oldest heroes, Marvel and DC or other?

Hm, not counting immortals...? That makes it hard. Namor's not immortal but he's pretty old. May be him. Probably him, really, unless you count that as 'extended life span.'

Due to the reboot, most of DC's are out of the running, everyone's super-young nowadays. Pre-reboot, Jay Garrick and Alan Scott were the shoe-ins.

Judge Dredd is interesting in that it's run real-time since the late 70s, and the main character didn't start young.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Q99

Judge Dredd is interesting in that it's run real-time since the late 70s, and the main character didn't start young.

I read they made him older as soon as Rebelllion took over the publisher

one i can think of is Sereph, One of Wolvie's old girlfriends.

riv6672
Thanks for the replies.
I'd call Namor an extended lifespan, same as Wolverine.
Why was Sentry brought up i wonder. How old is he ?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by riv6672
Thanks for the replies.
I'd call Namor an extended lifespan, same as Wolverine.
Why was Sentry brought up i wonder. How old is he ? Sentry has been around since the late 50s and retroactively taught like every super hero everything.
His immortality hasn't really factored in to that though so I wouldn't consider it. Same as Namor. However unlike Namor and Wolverine he was a hero the entire time until Seige really, well not evil anyway, just an old man

Q99
Lesse, other books... Fred Perry's Gold Digger has Theo Diggers, who's I think in his 70s nowadays. He's not super-active, but he does return to the field occasionally in big throw-downs, and as a mage that's fine. A lot of the old-gen heroes in GD are fairly old, often originally active in the 50s/60s, before a huge incident convinced a lot of them to 'retire' (by which I mean, many left the public eye but still hero). Debra and Miracle and Xane are likely disqualified for either not aging or aging slowly, but Justice Beetle and others are in.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I read they made him older as soon as Rebelllion took over the publisher

2000ad has steadily aged him. He's had treatments to keep him in fighting shape, but time has passed year-for-year from the beginning.

-K-M-
Puck is 100 years old.

Operative from Aquaman's Others is pretty old.

-K-M-
Destroyer (Kevin "Keen" Marlow)

Endless Mike
There was an old issue where Batman met Sherlock Holmes when the latter was like 130 and he could still do martial arts and kick people's asses.

Q99
Really, it depends on where you draw the line on 'extended life span.'

Digi
Originally posted by Endless Mike
There was an old issue where Batman met Sherlock Holmes when the latter was like 130 and he could still do martial arts and kick people's asses.

That sounds incredible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.