Star Wars: Kanan: The Last Padawan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Mini-series comic of Caleb Dume aka Kanan during Order 66 and the Purge. Y'all gonna get it?

Selenial
Hell nah

|King Joker|
Why not?

ILS
Meh

|King Joker|
It could be okay. I really want to see Depa shot to death, though.

ILS
Lmao

carthage
no thanks to either character

|King Joker|
Damn

The Merchant
Nah. Kanan ain't all that interesting. He works better with his crew.

Fated Xtasy
Yeah, i'll be keeping an eye out for it. I need those Billaba feats. and i'm hoping she gets some half-decent force feats too.

ares834
You do realize she is an entirely different character now, right? And that she dies in the first issue...

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah people need to stop mixing up Legends with Canon.

ILS
looooooooool

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
looooooooool

What's laughable is your denial of Actual Canon.

ILS
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
What's laughable is your denial of Actual Canon. ikr. You can tell from the fact I have a canon comic panel as my sig. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
ikr. You can tell from the fact I have a canon comic panel as my sig. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your hate for Actual Canon is clear in almost all your posts.

Poor you.. It's Ok.. You keep sticking to your Legends and ignore Canon thumb up

ILS
Originally posted by ILS
looooooooool

DARTH POWER

Poor you.. It's Ok..

|King Joker|
You guys are so cute together.

ILS
Aren't we just?

Nalaniel
Now kiss.

ILS
love

|King Joker|
Awwwwwwwwwww <333

chilled monkey
Your hate for Actual Canon is clear in almost all your posts.

Poor you.. It's Ok.. You keep sticking to your Legends and ignore Canon thumb up

Yes we will. That's because we are not brainless drones who let a bunch of greedy corporate executives tell us what to think. We decide for ourselves what we like and we like Legends.

And no, I'm not buying this. Do you think my money is infinite?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
looooooooool

ILS
#FightTheOppression

#LegendsIsStillCanon

#Jensaarai1FTW

|King Joker|
*says he's not a mindless drone*

*supports everything Jensaarai1 says without question*

ILS
laughing out loud

red8
I've enjoyed the Star Wars: Rebels series so far, so I might pick it up.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ares834
You do realize she is an entirely different character now, right? And that she dies in the first issue...

dude I have an entire section dedicated to her new canon feats in my respect thread.... -_- lol you derp.

deathslash
Originally posted by red8
I've enjoyed the Star Wars: Rebels series so far, so I might pick it up. my favorite episode was the one where lando trolled the entire crew.

ares834
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
dude I have an entire section dedicated to her new canon feats in my respect thread.... -_- lol you derp.

Because I memorize every respect thread.... Anyway, my point still stands. I don't see why you would get excited by her potentially getting feats hen she is an entirely different character.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yes we will. That's because we are not brainless drones who let a bunch of greedy corporate executives tell us what to think. We decide for ourselves what we like and we like Legends.

Lol @ the butthurt.

Yes anyone whose into actual Star Wars Canon must be brainless.

Those " Greedy Corporate executives" actually own the franchise. The nerve of them to tell us what their property actually is.

ILS
CANON OR GTFO

DARTH POWER
HATE CANON! HATE CANON!

NON-CANON LEGENDS ONLY!

ILS
http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/784026808.gif

FreshestSlice
Remember Malachor V.

chilled monkey
Lol @ the butthurt.

Yes anyone whose into actual Star Wars Canon must be brainless.

Those " Greedy Corporate executives" actually own the franchise. The nerve of them to tell us what their property actually is.

Yes they own the franchise but they don't own me. I decide what I like, I decide what I read and write. I like Legends, I'm going to keep reading the novels/comics and writing fanfics for it. To me that makes it canon, the same way I consider the Bleach/Naruto etc. anime-only arcs canon. I'm certainly not going to stop just because some Suits want to get merchandising deals.

ILS
I'm really starting to hate that word now. Let's call it the C-Word from now on.

Fated Xtasy
Because I memorize every respect thread.... Anyway, my point still stands. I don't see why you would get excited by her potentially getting feats hen she is an entirely different character.

For that reason. She's fresh and new, a blank slate for the writers. I don't care about her dying in the first issue. Sha Koon died and she got a fight with Vader. So that's that. I'm just hoping she gets some good feats. I'm sure they'll have flashbacks in the comic and show. How can I not get all hot and bothered? stick out tongue

|King Joker|
I'm sure they'll have flashbacks in the comic and show. I'd be shocked if they didn't have flashbacks in the comic. Not sure if there would be flashbacks in the show, but it's possible.

Fated Xtasy
Yeah, agreed hopefully she'll get some good accolades with the series stick out tongue

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/c639e5d9f895e92cf069459013b932e8/tumblr_nl0sqbZ5561qzu2a2o1_540.jpg

Fated Xtasy
http://media0.giphy.com/media/GTXqaFaSIA0Sc/giphy.gif

I must have this.

EDIT: Eeek! they share the same lightsaber hilt!

Revanchiste
Originally posted by ILS
ikr. You can tell from the fact I have a canon comic panel as my sig. roll eyes (sarcastic)
There is canon comics, and canons comics that shouldn't be cannon....
There is canon TV series and Canon TV series that shouldn't be canon : TWC 2008.

|King Joker|
Five page preview: http://www.starwars.com/news/kanan-the-last-padawan-1-exclusive-5-page-preview?linkId=13147880

Fated Xtasy
I CAN'T CONTROL MY FANGIRLING ATM I'M SQUEALING SO HARD!

|King Joker|
I'm curious whether this takes place after S1 of Rebels, before, or during.

Also, I love the Ghost crew's drawing in that panel.

Shey Tapani
My guess, it's mostly during the Clone Wars.

Tzeentch
Looking forward to seeing Depa kick some butt.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
My guess, it's mostly during the Clone Wars. Yeah, I mean during the parts when it isn't during the Clone Wars, or rather, after Order 66.

Darth Abonis
I sincerely hope Kanan does NOT encounter any other Order 66 survivors. Uvell from The End of History was pushing it.

|King Joker|
Out today!

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Out today!

Which means I'll get it by next damn week.

|King Joker|
I'll probably never get it. I ain't got no money.

|King Joker|
https://36.media.tumblr.com/e5cafbc9afb48dd09b3444a411128253/tumblr_nm4vhpwOKW1rrb6blo1_500.png
https://36.media.tumblr.com/80dad106f17903ce61f18d2f38d4d036/tumblr_nm4vhpwOKW1rrb6blo2_540.png
https://40.media.tumblr.com/e2eac3536f70f6a4010f9916370beab4/tumblr_nm4vtfzEHE1tm8cw5o1_1280.png

ares834
They hinted at the Shatterpoint novel which was cool. Otherwise, it was fairly mediocre.

|King Joker|
And we know where Kanan got his holocron.

We see Depa gettin' shot up this issue?

ares834
No. Ends right after the clones receive Order 66.

Gambler
I'll probably never get it. I ain't got no money.

There are other ways...

|King Joker|
http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1742136542.gif

|King Joker|
Finished reading it. Was pretty awesome. I love Depa and Kanan's (or Caleb's) relationship. And seeing the clones again was amazing, too. Clones are hot.

Fated Xtasy
Joker. Any more references to shatterpoint?

Ahh I want to read it bad but I'm out sad hold me

DARTH POWER
Damn it, mine's still not arrived!

DARTH POWER
It's arrived!

DARTH POWER
Joker. Any more references to shatterpoint?

Ahh I want to read it bad but I'm out sad hold me

It wasn't specific but

SPOILERS

There's mention of Depa emerging from something a few months earlier (presumably her coma) which was when she chose Kanan as a padawan. And then a rumor that she was previously "Unstable."

red8
Honestly, I enjoyed this more than the Darth Vader series so far. The first Vader issue was great, but the 2nd and 3rd were just okay. I also liked the artwork in this quite a bit.

I hope they don't retcon Shatterpoint. So far, it doesn't seem like they will.

The Merchant
It was pretty interesting, not too much of an exiting issue though.

DARTH POWER

I hope they don't retcon Shatterpoint. So far, it doesn't seem like they will.

Well Depa's already a Form 3 user instead of form 7.

They did seem to imply her history from Shatterpoint. But fact is all the Old Eu is assumed to be non-canon until confirmed again by the new canon.

Tzeentch
Having not read the comic, hasn't Shatterpoint more or less already been retconned?

I mean, when we last saw her, she was in a coma with a multitude of super serious charges of warcrimes against humanity waiting for her upon waking up.

Considering that she outright admitted to committing said warcrimes, admitted to falling to the dark side and Mace witnessed it all, I don't see any plausible explanation for her being completely free and back to normal during Order 66.

That would in fact be completely insane. lol

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah of course. But for some reason they've seemed to have referenced her coma.

All the Old Eu stuff is non-canon. But I think what they've hinted at this comic with "we heard her condition was unstable, that was obviously false" is that The Legends stuff might be actual Legends (stories with possible bits of truths in them) floating around in the SW Universe.

Fated Xtasy
Well to be fair, by now they're still worried about Maul and Dooku, about the force sensitive children, their own jedi bombing their temple and the clones andthat cchip. They need help lol.

On a side note. Depa finally got a TK feat yayyy!!!

red8

They did seem to imply her history from Shatterpoint. But fact is all the Old Eu is assumed to be non-canon until confirmed again by the new canon.

I am aware of the Legends status of Shatterpoint, but Disney reserves the rights to sample elements of the Legends stories.

About the form 3 thing. This is admittingly grasping for straws, but if we assumed for a second that Shatterpoint was Disney canon, then I think it would make sense for Depa to not be a Vapaad user any longer. In fact, I'd say that form 3 is probably the best form to take up for somebody that was redeemed from the Dark Side (assuming form 3 still means Soresu in the new canon).

I'm not sure how the whole "crimes against civilization" part would be handled though. If Jedi Order was desperate enough, I'm sure they could find a way to brush it under a rug. This would help validate Anakin's beliefs that the Republic and the Jedi were losing their principles.

After thinking about it, I'd actually prefer if they did not confirm or retcon Shatterpoint. I like the idea of them keeping Depa's past vague so that it remains a "Legend".

|King Joker|
thumb up

Tzeentch
The Jedi wouldn't have the power to sweep anything under the rug, as criminal justice is beyond their jurisdiction (they collect the bad guys and bring them to the "real" police so to speak, and then the Republic's justice system takes over from there).

Mace' argument for killing Palpatine was that the courts couldn't be trusted to convict him. While the Jedi were well aware of his crimes and supported putting him down, they had no actual power to influence any court proceedings and ensure that he got the convictions/sentencing that he deserved. Similarly, Depa's actions broke Republic law, and thus her fate would be up to the Republic's justice system, a system the Jedi by design have no say in.

It's an example of why Disney just saying **** it and retconning everything does make a certain kind of sense, imo. Their writers shouldn't have to jump through logic hoops and try to explain things like why a a mass-murdering, semi-insane dark sider is not only allowed to roam free throughout the Jedi Temple, but is also placed in a position of authority and influence over the Jedi's padawans and knights, essentially the future of the Order itself.

DARTH POWER

After thinking about it, I'd actually prefer if they did not confirm or retcon Shatterpoint. I like the idea of them keeping Depa's past vague so that it remains a "Legend".

That's what I was getting at. That "Legends" could be actual legends in the new Disney Universe. Stories telling epic tales with probably half truths to them. That seems to be the route they're taking with the semi-referencing of Shatterpoint in this comic, whilst also contradicting it. Therefore the name "Legends" given to the old Eu is quite appropriate.

BruceSkywalker
is the first issue worth buying?

Fated Xtasy
In my opinion is if you want to get into Kanan's backstory and if you were a huge Depa fan. So yeah i'd say it is.

Shey Tapani
That's what I was getting at. That "Legends" could be actual legends in the new Disney Universe. Stories telling epic tales with probably half truths to them. That seems to be the route they're taking with the semi-referencing of Shatterpoint in this comic, whilst also contradicting it. Therefore the name "Legends" given to the old Eu is quite appropriate.

It's dead. Who cares what they call it.

Lord Stark

Hmm actually the ROTS novel does referenced Depa as having fallen to the DS. So there is already a pseudo canon element there. Also Depa having fallen because of Form VII would not still use it. As Mace said only he truly mastered Vaapad the other two were mastered by it. If Depa couldn't master it before she wouldn't be able to after.

ares834
The old film novelizations are only canon when they align with the films. So basically they aren't canon.

FreshestSlice
That's actually not what that means. It means that when they contradict the movies, they are not canon, which is a status they had before.

The definition of align does not mean: "match exactly"
It in facts means to compliment, support, or work with.

ares834
It can mean either. However, the fact that parts of the novelizations have been contradicted, the fact that they aren't listed among the canon works in the official announcement, and the fact that they are coming out with new canon novelizations for the OT makes the conclusion fairly obvious. They aren't canon.

DARTH POWER
the fact that they are coming out with new canon novelizations for the OT

Really? When?

That's great because it will tell us the story of the OT from the perspective of the new Disney Canon presumably.

Zenwolf
Graphic novels not actual novels, but yeah, they are coming out with them. I just hope that whoever is writing them, doesn't muck things up and actually did research into what was going on in scenes and the like in the movies.

Also coming in May I believe.

ares834
Oh they are comics? Cool. May actually pick them up then.

Zenwolf
Oh they are comics? Cool. May actually pick them up then.

wink I see what you did there...hehe...May...

|King Joker|
I've never heard of these comics coming out. Can someone link me to the Wookie page? lol

Raptor22
Oh they are comics? Cool. May actually pick them up then. the synopsis says it a remastered version of the old comic adaptation with new coloring and scenes that never made it into the original film.

Heres a link to a site with synopsis and release dates for the upcoming stuff.

http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

ares834
That's not what Im talking about.

Raptor22
That's not what Im talking about. there's another graphic novel/comic about the OT coming out besides this one?

ares834
Just looked into it. It's an illustrated kids' novelization actually.

Edit: link is not working. But it's called A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy.

DARTH POWER
Yeah all 3 movie novelizations are being released as children's novels.

But are the kids stuff canon?

ares834
I'd assume so. Always been canon before.

Raptor22
Just looked into it. It's an illustrated kids' novelization actually.

Edit: link is not working. But it's called A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy. thanks. Man its tough to keep up with all the stuff they've been releasing lately.

FreshestSlice
It can mean either. However, the fact that parts of the novelizations have been contradicted, the fact that they aren't listed among the canon works in the official announcement, and the fact that they are coming out with new canon novelizations for the OT makes the conclusion fairly obvious. They aren't canon.
Then they would just say it. It's not like they pulled any punches with the EU.

ares834
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Then they would just say it. It's not like they pulled any punches with the EU.

Disney said the EU is gone and novelizations are part of the EU (at least all the stuff not from Lucas), they also weren't listed among the canon materials. The only thing that muddles the waters was a tweet from DelRey Star Wars.

carthage
Do they ever indicate publishing further material under the Legends banner?

ares834
They got some encyclopedia coming out called "The History of the Old Republic" (not only TOR) which seems to be an encyclopedia on all the EU material. And then there is TOR.

red8
Originally posted by carthage
Do they ever indicate publishing further material under the Legends banner?

Given enough time, there will be mistakes, contradictions, and retcons. So Legends will probably never truly die.

FreshestSlice
Disney said the EU is gone and novelizations are part of the EU (at least all the stuff not from Lucas), they also weren't listed among the canon materials. The only thing that muddles the waters was a tweet from DelRey Star Wars.
Except this was when the clarification was made. So that doesn't make any sense. If something new changes that, fine, I don't care, but to assume just for assumption's sack does nothing.

ares834
And you're making as assumption as well. In your case that it is canon.

|King Joker|
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150317184008/starwars/images/thumb/3/3b/The_Last_Padawan_3_Cover.png/400px-The_Last_Padawan_3_Cover.png
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150421195428/starwars/images/thumb/2/21/Kanan_Last_Padawan_4_Cover.jpg/400px-Kanan_Last_Padawan_4_Cover.jpg

Fated Xtasy
Wh...why is Kanan holding a companion cube?

He's looking like a badass btw. Still adorable.

Fated Xtasy
Found this:

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/04/kanan-2---amy-christenson-rebels-var--131101.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/ad21f1d42845b27da92a316fa491c15e/tumblr_inline_n9l3lvWliW1sbm9g6.gif

|King Joker|
http://www.starwars.com/news/kanan-the-last-padawan-2-exclusive-preview?linkId=13885037

Fated Xtasy
YASH. Depa's kicking ass. And new feats Force Sense, Speed and hopefully more TK. God I hope they kill her off screen.

Gambler
When is this out?

Fated Xtasy
May 6th apparently. Hey quick favor of though, mind keeping an eye out for Ultimate Star Wars? It's the newest essential guide for new canon.

Gambler
May 6th apparently. Hey quick favor of though, mind keeping an eye out for Ultimate Star Wars? It's the newest essential guide for new canon.

A book of some sort? Is out already?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Gambler
A book of some sort? Is out already?

Yuppers. It came out april 28th. If you find it please lemme know. smile

Galan007
Kanan (1/2):
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23059995_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-002.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23059996_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-003.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23059997_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-004.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23059998_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-005.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23059999_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-006.jpg

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060000_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-007.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060001_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-008.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060002_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-009.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060003_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-010.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060004_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-011.jpg

Galan007
Kanan (2/2):
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060421_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-017.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060422_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-018.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060423_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-019.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/23060425_Kanan_-_The_Last_Padawan_002-020.jpg

|King Joker|
?v=m46gd0C9ZV4

Gambler
This issue is just too short. And another month till the next one comes out.

Fated Xtasy
?v=m46gd0C9ZV4

LMAO

Originally posted by Gambler
This issue is just too short. And another month till the next one comes out.

seems that way. Thanks so much for the scans/DL link on the other thread. I appreciate it big grin

Fated Xtasy
Another shatter point reference:

"Rostu squad, with me!"

Rostu is the name of Mace's Harun ally in shatterpoint for those who don't know.

DARTH POWER
Wasn't her last word to him was supposed to be RUN! Not I'll be right behind you.. Isn't that what Kana said in the Rebels episode?

I don't see what's so hard in keeping these little things consistent.

ares834
Yeah. Stupid, STUPID mistake.

|King Joker|
Depa was pretty badass. By the way, is what Galan007 posted the full comic?

ares834
Nope.

Sinious
Just read it. It was ok.

Originally posted by ILS
I'm really starting to hate that word now. Let's call it the C-Word from now on.

LMAO

Fated Xtasy
Depa was pretty badass. By the way, is what Galan007 posted the full comic?

I downloaded it myself. Seems like all of it. I'll check once im on a pc

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/67c6be078d7297b526a05acde3cfb557/tumblr_nokgh65n5k1qcbcm2o1_540.jpg

Favorite cover so far, tbh.

|King Joker|
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150714223415/starwars/images/a/ad/Star_Wars_Kanan_7_cover.png

Looks like we're going to be seeing some Depa Billaba backstory.

...assuming that lady on the cover is Depa... mmm

Fated Xtasy
DEPA! PLEASE BE A GODDESS AMONG GODS. *heavy breathing*

Also joker, depas hair is a big give away

Tzeentch
Would smash.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Would smash.

FreshestSlice
I don't think the medical droid is interested, guys.

Nephthys
That's why we're gonna smash it.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by The Merchant
Nah. Kanan ain't all that interesting. He works better with his crew.
Yhea with a rip off alchemmy...;

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/61b813c8d2e6c8802dee75d3d99e85cb/tumblr_ntakwi3Kkj1rmh8m6o1_540.jpg

Kanan #8: First Blood

Zenwolf
Ya know lately, there hasn't been any Star Wars artwork that I haven't not liked. All of it imo is pretty good.

|King Joker|
https://36.media.tumblr.com/97fe1e2f908aaa40a2415b7b3eb090b6/tumblr_inline_nwyfnwGR3I1rlddd6_540.png

Goddess af

Fated Xtasy
DEPA! PLEASE BE A GODDESS AMONG GODS. *heavy breathing*

Also joker, depas hair is a big give away

Fated Xtasy
Fangirling aside.

Loving how it seems like Depa is close to Mace.

I pray to the comic book God's, Jack kirby and Stan Lee, that Shatterpoint is canon!

ares834
Loving how it seems like Depa is close to Mace.

Nah.

DarthAnt66
I pray to the comic book God's, Jack kirby and Stan Lee, that Shatterpoint is canon!
Wookiee says Grievous beat her so hard he left her in a coma, so probably not.

Sucks for you.

Galan007
I like that this book has canonized the forms of lightsaber combat. thumb up

Emperordmb
I'm pretty sure some guide/sourcebook already did that

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm pretty sure some guide/sourcebook already did that The All You Need To Know guide (or whatever the hell it's called) officially recanonized all of the previous Legends lightsaber forms, yeah.

ares834
Terrible. Each Jedi Knight should create their own form that suits them. Thankfully, the only use one form BS is gone.

Zenwolf
Terrible. Each Jedi Knight should create their own form that suits them. Thankfully, the only use one form BS is gone.

Wouldn't that just be the same as using one form if they create their own?

Also how is using one form BS exactly? They can use more than 1, just they prefer to use 1 over all the others, not like they aren't trained in all forms.

ares834
Yes. But if each was unique it would be as if they are using multiple of the current forms. Consider two Jedi, in the way forms are currently laid out if they duel in a similar fashion they will also block blaster bolts in a similar fashion. But , if forms are unique, the two Jedi may still duel in a similar fashion but deflect blaster bolts in very different fashions.

Beyond that, each Jedi's form would (hopefully) be more expansive. This also answers your second question. Currently the forms are veyr regimented and pretty much broken into power attacks (Djem So), unpredictable attacks (Juyo), almost entirely defense (soresu), etc... It's silly. Any reasonable fighter is going to mix things up and not just stay defensive until an opportunity presents itself or continuously try to plow through the opponents defense physically.

Zenwolf
Yes. But if each was unique it would be as if they are using multiple of the current forms. Consider two Jedi, in the way forms are currently laid out if they duel in a similar fashion they will also block blaster bolts in a similar fashion. But , if forms are unique, the two Jedi may still duel in a similar fashion but deflect blaster bolts in very different fashions.

Beyond that, each Jedi's form would (hopefully) be more expansive. This also answers your second question. Currently the forms are veyr regimented and pretty much broken into power attacks (Djem So), unpredictable attacks (Juyo), almost entirely defense (soresu), etc... It's silly. Any reasonable fighter is going to mix things up and not just stay defensive until an opportunity presents itself or continuously try to plow through the opponents defense physically.

Hm...true to a point I guess, although it's not like Soresu we haven't seen those also have attacks with them.

The Jedi do have the ancient basics of sword fighting down IE: Form 1, which is a good all around form that they have to have shown Mastery of before they can move on with training. Least according to the Jedi Path.

So there is multiple forms in there, just not a big one. Well also trained in other forms too, but they just have a preference.

FreshestSlice
Why can't they do that while still working with a certain base? It's obvious that Obi-Wan or Anakin don't use Soresu or Djem So respectively all the time.

Zenwolf
Why can't they do that while still working with a certain base? It's obvious that Obi-Wan or Anakin don't use Soresu or Djem So respectively all the time.

Yeah just realized, all Jedi are trained in the various saber forms with Form 1 having Mastered. So it's clear that they use them in a mixture, while going with the one they prefer the most, which of course is the more profound and notable one that is gonna shine, but then also factoring the others. The Jedi do sort of have their own personalized style of sorts, but they also focus on one more than the rest.

ares834

That would be fine. However, when you read RotS which is really one of the few novels where the forms actually come up, it reads as if they use that one form only. Therein lies my problem.

Darth Thor
Interesting there's now 2 main sets of Trials Jedi face. Initiate Trials to become Padawans then of course the main Trials to become a Jedi Knight.

The All You Need To Know guide (or whatever the hell it's called) officially recanonized all of the previous Legends lightsaber forms, yeah.

Pretty much Yes, but it did change where the main emphasis lies with some of them, Niman sounds quite different to me.

|King Joker|
Does it? It emphasized integration of Force abilities in combat, IIRC.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>