Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Read about it: http://squareportal.net/2013/11/19/square-enix-shows-desire-in-making-a-new-dissidia/

Personally, I'd love a 014, maybe with Noel, the Black Mage from FF1, and we absolutely need Vincent, Zack, Genesis.

Maybe some guest characters like Sora, and Riku.

Quincy
Put that shit on a console and I'm so there

Quincy
ah it's an arcade release

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Quincy
ah it's an arcade release Where did you see that?...

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Where did you see that?...

It says it here:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/02/16/square-enix-announces-a-new-dissidia-final-fantasy-for-arcades/

Also, I'm pretty sure it's coming to the PS4.

Quincy
If this gets to PS4 take my money.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
It says it here:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/02/16/square-enix-announces-a-new-dissidia-final-fantasy-for-arcades/

Also, I'm pretty sure it's coming to the PS4.

F*CK that, dude. It better stay portable or there is no way I'm getting it.

Game-play over graphics, portability was what made Dissidia and Dissidia: Duodecim DOMINATE the PSP.

On my way to Disney world on the Plane, I was sitting there playing Duodecim, the whole 2 hour ride. I didn't have any videos or music, and my memory stick was 522 mb. I was stuck with just that.

Hell, I didn't even have a phone for god's sakes.

I get it, the PS4 is the "Next-gen Experience" but there is a reason I have a Vita. I re-downloaded Dissidia Duodecim. So far I have put 210 hours in it.

Jmanghan
If they want to make it, give it high-end Vita graphics, slap it into the Vita, PS4, and PS3.

Quincy

That's cool man but then only you and the 12 other people who have a vita can play it

Jmanghan
That's cool man but then only you and the 12 other people who have a vita can play it After Dissidia came out on the PSP, it was literally making the DS it's *****.

Quincy
I'm doubtful your use of the word literally is correct in this instance.

Jmanghan
I'm doubtful your use of the word literally is correct in this instance. Yes, it was, it literally bent it over and made the DS call him daddy.

Quincy
I get it man, you like the playstation portable. What does that have to do with the DS?

Jmanghan
I get it man, you like the playstation portable. What does that have to do with the DS? I'm saying that Dissidia pushed the PSP sales over the Nintendo DS, the ONLY other portable console at the time.

Bentley
I wouldn't be surprised if Monster Hunter was the actual reason the PSP punked the DS for a while. Monster Hunter is a huge franchise in portable consoles, one of the several reasons the Vita is currently dead is the fact they lost on that one.

About the game: if Loto isn't making a cameo who gives a sh_t about Square games.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bentley
I wouldn't be surprised if Monster Hunter was the actual reason the PSP punked the DS for a while. Monster Hunter is a huge franchise in portable consoles, one of the several reasons the Vita is currently dead is the fact they lost on that one.

About the game: if Loto isn't making a cameo who gives a sh_t about Square games. Who the f*ck is loto?

Bentley
Who the f*ck is loto?

Not sure if serious mmm

Dragon Quest character

Jmanghan
Never played Dragon Quest, never heard of it till someone mentioned it on here.

Bentley
Never played Dragon Quest, never heard of it till someone mentioned it on here.

It was probably me :'(

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bentley
It was probably me :'( It was in my "How come no one ever talks about Final Fantasy 1?" thread.

Jmanghan
Will this game even have a story? It would be nice with the nextgen graphics, but its boring to have a fighting game with no story now-a-days. Even if Dissidia's story was subpar, it was dripping with FF Lore, every character got their own story, and they added the option to create yout own quests/story. With secrets characters, walking around in the overworld of Scenario 000, which was the map from FF1. All of this was pretty damn amazing. The only real gripe I have is that the map was lifeless, bland, and boring. Also, the story was... decent, it was nothing good, it was subpar, but it certainly wasn't bad.

Jmanghan
WTF?!

Jmanghan
Wtf....

Tzeentch
really hoping goku is in this

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Tzeentch
really hoping goku is in this Some people are trying to vote for Goku as a character in Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

Jmanghan
Mmkay.

So, gameplay is WAY better then before, Graphics look better then previous trailers.

3v3 is a thing now, the maps are bigger, and summons ACTUALLY get to help you instead of being a stupid gameplay mechanic. All the characters look amazing.

Cloud looks better in the GAMEPLAY sections, then he did in Advent Children, or any previous iteration of himself.

New FF14 character, with talk of Noctis being a possibility.

Jmanghan
smile

Jmanghan
This game is going to have over 50 characters.

Pretty sure Duodecim only had 24 characters.

Jmanghan
31, 31 characters.

Jmanghan
Here is the Warrior of Light.

Quincy
Kinda want this on my PS4 like right away

Jmanghan
Kinda want this on my PS4 like right away Well, we're guaranteed a PS4 release, but it won't be till next year, and it might not be released in North America.

Bright Side? You can take a plane to go play it in a random arcade before the end of 2015. So, that's cool, I guess :/.

Jmanghan
Cloud in action.

Jmanghan
Terra doing a summon.

Quincy
Have they stated if this is co-op team work at all?

Jmanghan
I believe so, but only online. I'm almost certain you can have couch versus mode though (meaning, you can play it with someone in the same room as you), reason I say so is, why would they leave it in the arcade mode and remove it in the PS4 versions?

In Cloud's gameplay, it showed him being revived, sort of how you can revive in DB: Xenoverse and Battle of Z.

I feel like it'd be too hectic having six screens, so I figured the most couch co-op will is 4 players, since having 4 screens has never been a problem in the past. But I think they'll stick with 2 player split-screen.

Quincy
Aight I call Squall

Jmanghan
Warrior of Light is always my dude.

I need some more material for my WOL respect thread. Hopefully the story is better, if they have one. Cosmos being playable, Feral Chaos vs Bahamut?? Zack vs Genesis?? Guest Characters????

Jmanghan
watch?v=qu2wevKlTb0

watch?v=bP9SiF5VLUA

watch?v=LS0J_WDgY_E

watch?v=pQQUo3smCWM

watch?v=cNOaQMwA_bM

watch?v=5pFbrpX49cA

Jmanghan
Trailer:

watch?v=lPrXNBevqFk

Special Trailer:

watch?v=XebSK-MiGL0

Graphics Comparison:

watch?v=6L8vyWPkuZY

Tutorial Video:

watch?v=HrN8RLcnKVc

Jmanghan
Squall and Bartz reveal: watch?v=JuE34t47ku4

Jmanghan
Just in case you end up actually wanting to go to Japan to play this at an arcade, this is what the cabinet looks like:

Quincy
Man I'm stoked for this. Jmang are there any co-op videos out yet?

Jmanghan
Nah, but I'll keep you guys updated for the game.

Tzeentch
hope you get to play as Snake or the Master Chief in this one

Jmanghan
Dissidia (2015)

Jmanghan
It's coming out for arcades in Fall, so that's something.

0mega Spawn

Game-play over graphics, portability was what made Dissidia and Dissidia: Duodecim DOMINATE the PSP.

On my way to Disney world on the Plane, I was sitting there playing Duodecim, the whole 2 hour ride. I didn't have any videos or music, and my memory stick was 522 mb. I was stuck with just that.

Hell, I didn't even have a phone for god's sakes.

I get it, the PS4 is the "Next-gen Experience" but there is a reason I have a Vita. I re-downloaded Dissidia Duodecim. So far I have put 210 hours in it.
Are you implying that if it is released on a nex gen console with better graphics will ruin its gameplay? Lol

Jmanghan
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Are you implying that if it is released on a nex gen console with better graphics will ruin its gameplay? Lol No, they gameplay is kick-ass. Just... I'm used to playing Duodecim while out with friends, or upgrading.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Are you implying that if it is released on a nex gen console with better graphics will ruin its gameplay? Lol I've come to accept that the game will be kick-ass either way, just kinda sucks I cant take it with me when going to a bowling alley or to the mall or on a plane.

Jmanghan
Mmkay, so MOST people won't care, but MOST isn't ALL.

Anyway, CPU vs CPU is confirmed.

It's cool to watch a fight every now and then, used to do it on all my old DBZ games.

Now I can Cloud take on Sephiroth in different places across the FF Universe, or Watch Cecil take on Terra as the king of FF games.

Jmanghan
Hopefully King Thordan will be confirmed as the antagonist for this game.

Jmanghan
Brand New Trailer.

watch?v=M0oTJiy6j8g

You can't get me any more pumped up for this game then I already am. I would walk to Japan just to play this game. Not Drive, but walk.

The game is coming to arcades on November 26th, 2015.

Jmanghan
Long-ass press conference video.

watch?v=koWnfzN9RoU

Jmanghan
New Cloud Trailer.

watch?v=FNbVim8AGZw

Every single one of his clips look better then his fight against Sephiroth in Advent Children.

Jmanghan
All of the New Character Trailers in order from 1-9.

watch?v=L4Bap-3w7fk

watch?v=Zx3taLwtYtQ

watch?v=QSqj3Ebu7j4

watch?v=TgB3S6GcLws

watch?v=-CR6FtrZvp8

watch?v=pU8qp7wrh94

watch?v=FNbVim8AGZw

watch?v=N3z6ZvcB2Ao

watch?v=kqA80BMwj34

This is awesome.

Jmanghan
Have a few more character trailers to post, just a heads up, the game is getting released on November 26th, 2015 to Japanese Arcades. As of like 2 hours ago, it is the 25th of November. (Obviously)

Gonna wait till Y'shtola gets her Character Trailer, then gonna post the last 4 people of Dissidia.

Jmanghan
Final Character Trailers

watch?v=VO76E4Qvi_8

watch?v=2oVAGsOpQKI

watch?v=WnxyvH2O_fk

watch?v=LGanWbw4rno

watch?v=FqU5nS1OFn8

Also, last but not least, Ramza Beoulve of FF Tactics has been teased.

watch?v=8ELRWU1T700

Jmanghan
When this comes to PS4 in the U.S. or other countries, don't be surprised when it outsells ****ing Smash for Wii U, and Final Fantasy XV.

Quincy
I want this game bad

Jmanghan
I want this game bad

It's gonna get ported at some point, maybe not right away, but they aren't gonna keep this game away from America, especially with all the FF Stuff coming out.

SQUARE ENIX IS BACK!

Jmanghan
Ramza's coming, guys!!!

watch?v=Z0QgbqVu6Ec

Jmanghan
So, Ace from Final Fantasy: Type-0 is gonna be in the game.

watch?v=rVf2jEn9L-M

Also, the new Gods for each side, Spiritas and Materia, have been revealed, replacing Cosmos and Chaos in this installment.

watch?v=ztApJ5AsK44

Jmanghan
To be honest, these Gods seem... lacking when compared to Cosmos and Chaos, in terms of Design at least.

Materia looks like he would be Chaos' lackey, and Spiritas looks like she would be Cosmos' naive apprentice.

They just don't look Godly when compared to the characters.

Hell, Garland looks more intimidating then Materia.

Jmanghan
PS4 version confirmed by Squareportal.

Jmanghan
PS4 VERSION CONFIRMED!!!!!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/02/wait_dissidia_final_fantasy_is_confirmed_for_ps4

http://www.psu.com/news/32143/Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-PS4-campaign

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/dissidia-final-fantasy-console-will-story-mode-enhancements

http://nichegamer.com/2017/02/05/square-enix-is-working-on-dissidia-final-fantasy-console-version/

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/80528/20170204/game-producer-on-dissidia-final-fantasy-for-consoles-it-might-even-rise-up-as-an-e-sports-event.htm

THERE ARE MORE LINKS, BUT THE POINT IS THAT ITS CONFIRMED FOR PS4!!!!!!!!!!!

CosmicComet
Nice.

WoL time.

NemeBro
http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Ramza-1.jpg

Whew lad, what a ****ing hottie.

CosmicComet
Ramza has a lady neck.

No respect.

NemeBro
Phaggot.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nice.

WoL time. -Nods-

Too excited for this.

Dissidia (obviously) is my favorite fighting game series of all time.

Jmanghan
E3 Exclusive Interview: 6NBRPeVowuY

Jmanghan
Closed beta codes are out, get them now while you can.

For PS4, btw.

Jmanghan
HOLY F*CK! ATPdWfprH5w

Jmanghan
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

FkebwaIfCWQ

Jmanghan
S8cv3caf0Eo

Kawaiighostie
You are literally so excited for this game XDDD

Jmanghan
IT'S HERE, THOUGHTS?!

Jmanghan
People really don't like this game apparently:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt

Thoughts?

Jmanghan
Did any of you buy this?

Jmanghan
I bought the Ultimate Collector's Edition, which comes with the season pass, a few rare trading card game cards, which are the Warrior of Light, and a few others, the exclusive collector's steelbook which has the Warrior of Light on the front, garland on the back, the steelbook contains the game, the season pass, some stuff for Opera Omnia, and some ads for other games, a tracklist for the soundtrack which is included with the game.

Also the Warrior of Light rare collector's edition bust, and the Dissidia NT artbook.

Kazenji
Might get this game today

its on sale at a shop i normally go to.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Might get this game today

its on sale at a shop i normally go to. It's not very good, there is a huge lack of content, the gameplay is a bit chaotic and the only way to advance the main story is to WIN matches.

I'm absolutely fantastic in one-on-one's, but three-on-threes are absolutely insane and I had trouble winning a match even on the lowest difficulty settings.

It can get... boring.

Kazenji
It's not very good, there is a huge lack of content, the gameplay is a bit chaotic and the only way to advance the main story is to WIN matches.

Well you can do that online and also offline to get those Memoria items.

Jmanghan
Well you can do that online and also offline to get those Memoria items. Yes, but the battles are too chaotic to get ahold of. I bought the NT Collection which cost me $200 and I still can't get into it.

It's good for 1v1's, not as good as the original for me, but definitely good, but the 3v3 is just too chaotic to wrap my head around personally. I'd try blocking and succeed to counterattack, only to be attacked by all 3 people on the enemy side, and thats on normal settings against the AI, whereas I can absolutely destroy the AI in 1v1's and also destroy people in 1v1's online (when I can find people who are willing to do them :/)

Kazenji
Been doing the story mode and some online, Up to one of the summon fights in story mode and they can get ****ed.

Jmanghan
Been doing the story mode and some online, Up to one of the summon fights in story mode and they can get ****ed. I have no idea how you could get into the game, as someone who loved the original game to absolute pieces, I could not find an ounce of faithfulness in the new game.

Maybe 3v3 isn't my thing but the absolutely mind-blowingly insulting lack of content also matters to me.

Kazenji
3v3 isn't as hard as you're making it out to be.

Jmanghan
3v3 isn't as hard as you're making it out to be. I guess I can't really grasp it then, I can't multi-task like that in a fast-paced fighting game like this.

Getting ganged up on is the WORST feeling.

Jmanghan
They could feature a new mode that would want me to come back over and over.

Big boss battles.

Fighting summons as a team, maybe with their own tiers and difficulties.

Jmanghan
Free Edition is out on PC and PS4 as of March 12th (if you live in America):

- In the Free Edition, you can play online and offline battles with four pre-selected characters. The characters change weekly.

- Story mode is not available in the Free Edition.

- Some aspects of the Free Edition differ from the full version of the game (in addition to the differences described above).

- There are two types of characters: the 28 from the full version, who appear in the weekly lineup for the Free Edition, and DLC characters, who won't appear in the weekly lineup. Please be aware of this when purchasing starter packs.

- You can battle online against users from the full version.

- You can carry over your Free Edition save data to the full version.

Jmanghan
I've been playing Dissidia Duodecim for awhile and I figure I might give this game another shot. I bought it, played it once and haven't played it since.

Seems like there might be a new influx of players as well so now's the time to hop back into it.

Kazenji
vCiuYepn_mc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.