Telepaths vs Magnet's Helmet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Terryc250
What telepaths are strong enough to bypass Magneto's helmet? Has any ever been able to do so?

TheLordofMurder
Theoretically Dracula should be able to bypass Mags helmet with his Gaze Attack as he's accessing Mags brain through his eyes...

Mindset
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Theoretically Dracula should be able to bypass Mags helmet with his Gaze Attack as he's accessing Mags brain through his eyes... And other telepaths would access his mind through his hair.

Makes sense.

-K-M-
Didn't mesmero or sauron try and fail through that means?

Purple man or Persuasion?

Scoobless
Purple Man is not a telepath.

-K-M-
Not a true one. But he does mind link. Kind of a loophole

His daughter can read minds too

Stoic
I thought that the helmet was retconned?

Glorificus
Psylocke theoretically may be able to.

Wasn't she able to pierce Juggernaut's helmet at some point back in the day?

Then again, Psylocke's telepathy has always been somewhat different from other traditional telepaths, given the ways she uses it like weapons and knives.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Stoic
I thought that the helmet was retconned?

It was retconned where the helmet was the source of preventing telepathy attacks. Prior it was his own willpower.

Stoic
Originally posted by -K-M-
It was retconned where the helmet was the source of preventing telepathy attacks. Prior it was his own willpower.

Ah, I thought it was the other way around.

Flyattractor
Somebody using the Mind Gem should be able to power thru it. Especially a skilled Psy.

basilisk
Cassandra Nova

leonidas
using JUST tp? it would take someone a lot more powerful than xavier. i doubt anyone in the herald tier could do it. you'd need to look in the trans tier imo.

Branlor Swift
Loki did it

leonidas
when did that happen?

Scoobless
Originally posted by -K-M-
Not a true one. But he does mind link.

Since when? I haven't read any recent appearances by him, but classically he would voice control people who were affected by his pheromones.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Scoobless
Since when? I haven't read any recent appearances by him, but classically he would voice control people who were affected by his pheromones.

In alias they mentioned it, he definetly does verbal command more often then not. However,his daughter does it far more frequently. She mind-linked with a planet in the past

StiltmanFTW
What about Mags' latent telepathy thing? It was one of the reasons he resisted tp attacks pre-helmet too, right? Mixed with his iron will? His main powers might have played a part too, maybe?

I'm genuinely curious. I remember posts listing numerous psi defenses he has had over the years.

leonidas
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What about Mags' latent telepathy thing? It was one of the reasons he resisted tp attacks pre-helmet too, right? Mixed with his iron will? His main powers might have played a part too, maybe?

I'm genuinely curious. I remember posts listing numerous psi defenses he has had over the years.

in the past that was certainly a thing. i could show you a dozen scans that confirm he has tp to varying degrees. hell, according to secret wars he had some pretty uber potential iirc. he's astral traveled a few times as well. nowadays though, we don't see that side of him anymore. too bad. i think the tp-proof helmet is a natural, and obvious idea. but i don't like it now that if he loses the helmet or is caught without it, he seems to be something of easy pickings for a solid tp-user. erm

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by leonidas
when did that happen? Acts of Vengeance in one of those books.

Loki was casually reading his mind through the helmet

Surtur
Originally posted by Terryc250
What telepaths are strong enough to bypass Magneto's helmet? Has any ever been able to do so?

Well, who is the absolute strongest telepath the helmet has blocked? Since the "no limits fallacy" thing has to come into play sooner or later, one could potentially argue that any character who has telepathic might a good deal stronger then the strongest telepath the helmet blocked..could potentially bypass it.

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Acts of Vengeance in one of those books.

Loki was casually reading his mind through the helmet

ahh...that was before the helmet became an actual/official tp defense though i'm pretty sure....

to the point above: i tried to stay away from no limits by simply saying it would need to be a tp considerably stronger than charles because it effortlessly kept charles out. even at the end, when chuck's powers were highlighted and shown to be ridiculous, he couldn't read mags' mind. i'd say it was a safe bet someone would need to be trans to use tp through it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.