How Skilled or powerful will Kylo Ren be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Star-Wars-THe-Force-AwakensKylo-Ren-thumb.jpg

The Force Awakens is abuzz with different and various rumors concerning plot lines, who is more significant, and speculation seems to be all we have. But on that note of speculation how skilled do you think the newest Darksider to the Star wars mythos will be? Based off of speculation or rumors you've heard or read- what do you expect to see from Kylo in a duel or his force abilities? Do you think he will surpass Darth Vader or hold his own against Luke? What are your expectations for his abilities overall?

|King Joker|
Apparently he's like an inquisitor or something? If that's the case he likely won't be Vader/Dooku/Maul level. We can't really know at this point.

Dark-Kenshin
Kylo Ren is Ezra. Calling it right here folks. wink

ILS
I've had him figured for a lower tier Sith for a while. I doubt the crossguard is their biggest attraction to the film and I doubt if it was they'd give it away in a reveal trailer.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Dude... that would be so awesome. Adam Driver and Ezra could look similar with their big ass noses.

chilled monkey
Are we sure that this "Kylo Ren" is a villain?

|King Joker|
Pretty sure, yeah.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin

LOL I said the same thing the other day.

Zenwolf
Tbh I feel like he's gonna be more a shadow to the bigger bad guy. I could see him being powerful, but not enough to challenge Luke.

Trocity
Yes, I too feel he will be more of an assassin/hand of sorts, an animal chained to his master; skilled perhaps, but a beast nonetheless.

NewGuy01
IDK I think he'll be pretty big in his own right.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Tbh I feel like he's gonna be more a shadow to the bigger bad guy. I could see him being powerful, but not enough to challenge Luke. i agree with this though i doubt him and luke will even face each other. I see it being more like some of the njo books where luke deals more with politics and rebuilding the order and the newer younger characters deal with him, which sets the stage for a showdown between luke and rens master or whatever.

|King Joker|
There's going to be a couple inquisitor-like characters in TFA. Kylo Ren and a female chrome stormtrooper inquisitor, rumored to be played by Gwendoline Christie.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Pretty sure, yeah.

Cool.

There's going to be a couple inquisitor-like characters in TFA. Kylo Ren and a female chrome stormtrooper inquisitor, rumored to be played by Gwendoline Christie.

I have to admit that does sound quite interesting.

NewGuy01
That's a rumor, though, KJ. Not that I disagree entirely.

I actually do think Kylo may face Luke, tbh.

The Merchant
Probably around Ahsoka's tier.

Kosmos Supreme
If he is the main villain then he is at least Vader level

ares834
Rumors claim that he ends up usurping his master and become the "big bad". Regardless if it's true or not, I certainly expect him to be at least Maul level and likely even higher.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by carthage
http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Star-Wars-THe-Force-AwakensKylo-Ren-thumb.jpg

The Force Awakens is abuzz with different and various rumors concerning plot lines, who is more significant, and speculation seems to be all we have. But on that note of speculation how skilled do you think the newest Darksider to the Star wars mythos will be? Based off of speculation or rumors you've heard or read- what do you expect to see from Kylo in a duel or his force abilities? Do you think he will surpass Darth Vader or hold his own against Luke? What are your expectations for his abilities overall?
The guy live in a castle damn that's clichey as hell first the "count" Dooku whofight like a fencer.

Vader die because he was used against the emperor by Luke (damn Hypocrites Jedi). Vader knew than Luke will never kill his father...... He try to use this at his advantage but in the end it was recirproque....

Luke didn't win by skill factor so..

NTJack0
Originally posted by The Merchant
Probably around Ahsoka's tier. Which will be pretty high.

Stigma
He'll probably be above Darth Bane but not quite on the level of Darth Maul.

Nephthys
That sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Stigma
We know.

Kosmos Supreme
Wouln't it be counter productive if he was weaker than previous villians.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme

Not really, because we don't know how powerful the good guys are. I mean aside from Luke, but even that is kinda still vague.

ares834

No. But making him weaker then all the previous major villains would be quite a step back.

Kosmos Supreme
Do you believe he will fight Luke without getting steamrolled?

Zenwolf
Do you believe he will fight Luke without getting steamrolled?

Don't think he'll fight Luke period tbh.

carthage
up

ares834
Current rumors seem to suggest that he won't be all that powerful.

Supreme Leader Snoke on the other hand...

|King Joker|
Does he get his ass handed to him by Leia or something?

Snoke>Palpatine, tbh?

ares834
Does he get his ass handed to him by Leia or something?

Snoke>Palpatine, tbh?

Nah. Just seems he is rather untrained. And when he tries to mind rape Rey she reverses it on him.

As for Snoke, we have little info on him other than his name and that he is the "big bad". We don't even know if he is a force user. But considering he is he voice in trailer 1 he likely is.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
And when he tries to mind rape Rey she reverses it on him. LOL

Any rumor on Gwendoline Christie's powers?

Edit: Plus, can you link the site(s) were the Kylo rumors are?

ares834
Nothing on hers. Seems unlikely that she is even a force user.

And http://makingstarwars.net seems to be the best place for rumors. They accurately rumored many things and pretty much every scene from the second trailer matches one of their rumors. Although I personally doubt the rumors about the climax.

DARTH POWER
Andy Sekis is likely playing Kylo Ren's Master and so he will probably the real powerhouse.

|King Joker|
I hope Snoke and Luke get a Voldemort/Dumbledore type fight with the Force. That'd be badass.

DARTH POWER
I hope Snoke and Luke get a Voldemort/Dumbledore type fight with the Force. That'd be badass.

How could Snoke be that powerful. Could he be some older Sith?

Kylo Ren's mask does look like Revan's.

I've heard one theory that Snoke is Darth Plageuis. Hence the Cgi.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
How could Snoke be that powerful. Could he be some older Sith?

Kylo Ren's mask does look like Revan's.

I've heard one theory that Snoke is Darth Plageuis. Hence the Cgi. Maybe he found ancient holocrons to become more powerful.

ares834

Sinious
Regardless, the Rule of Escalating Threat suggest he likely will be more powerful than Palpatine.

I really hope they acknowledge the importance of PT/OT in the story and its characters tbh. I would respect the new movies a lot more if the new big bad stayed below Sidious.

carthage
It doesn't matter to me. Its about time they abandoned the OT/PT storyline for new territory altogether, if he's more powerful than the Emperor and is a unique character its fine by me.

Gideon can go blow the old man, and ride him while watching Revenge of the Sith thumb up

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Sinious
I really hope they acknowledge the importance of PT/OT in the story and its characters tbh. I would respect the new movies a lot more if the new big bad stayed below Sidious.

Well as long as he's uber powerful they'll be no way to know for sure. It's not like this new Sith will ever go up against Yoda, or the older Luke against Palpatine.

Sinious
It doesn't matter to me. Its about time they abandoned the OT/PT storyline for new territory altogether, if he's more powerful than the Emperor and is a unique character its fine by me.

Love is the answer bro.

Well as long as he's uber powerful they'll be no way to know for sure. It's not like this new Sith will ever go up against Yoda, or the older Luke against Palpatine.

I guess not.

carthage
I'll love it when the new Villain surpasses Palpatine and Gideon slits his wrists: thumb up

|King Joker|
Why do you wish death upon the great Tempest?

ares834

Sinious

|King Joker|
Pretty sure I heard rumors a while ago Sidious was taking orders from Snoke or some shit like that. That'd be retarded.

ares834
Pretty sure I heard rumors a while ago Sidious was taking orders from Snoke or some shit like that. That'd be retarded.

Yeah. That's the kinda shit they should have to avoid.

Nephthys
I kind of hope it's true just so I could see Tempest's reaction. Half a decade of ranting about Sidious being the most important guy ever getting completely shat on makes for some primo comedy.

NewGuy01

Pretty sure it was more along the lines of "Palpatine was being manipulated or used by Snoke."

Which can still be the case even if Snoke is serving under Sidious. thumb up

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Pretty sure it was more along the lines of "Palpatine was being manipulated or used by Snoke."

Which can still be the case even if Snoke is serving under Sidious. thumb up Yeah, something like that.

That's probably even worse, tbh.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
I kind of hope it's true just so I could see Tempest's reaction. Half a decade of ranting about Sidious being the most important guy ever getting completely shat on makes for some primo comedy.

laughing out loud

Kinda agree TBH.

Aurbere

Yeah, that's the rumor I heard too.

Of course, one lame troll on SWTOR keeps saying the main villain of the films is going to be Vitiate. So there's that rumor too... roll eyes (sarcastic)

|King Joker|
Oh, I knew that would come up eventually, lol.

Aurbere
Here's the latest post from said troll on that notion: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8215465&postcount=3

stick out tongue

Nephthys
Considering how interconnected Vitiate is with the rest of the EU, having him be the villain would basically make them de-canonising the pre-PT canon pointless.

The_Tempest
The rage I continue to inspire in you plebes is most gratifying. excellent

You seem bitter. Does your jealousy regarding Sheev's supremacy in the Star Wars rogues gallery owe to the fact that one really cares about Vitiate, Bane, or Nihilus?

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest

You seem bitter. Does your jealousy regarding Sheev's supremacy in the Star Wars rogues gallery owe to the fact that one really cares about Vitiate, Bane, or Nihilus?

The only thing you inspire is liquid diarrhea coming out of my ass. You honestly think that Disney gives a lick about Palpatine's power? Hello, earth to Gideon not everyone worships the wrinkle-faced failure that you do- I honestly hope Snoke is 00ber and then you have to make 3 page Legend-esque posts wanking and defending your fallen savior when Snope takes a dump on him from being the number 1 Darksider:

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2015/quint/serkisep7_large.jpg

So much cooler than ballsack face thumb up

Nephthys

You had those arguments with Zam or something, I don't give a shit. I just think the schadenfreude will be funny. You're funny when you **** up.

The_Tempest
You had those arguments with Zam or something, I don't give a shit. I just think the schadenfreude will be funny. You're funny when you **** up.

The fact that I inspire schadenfreude within you is evidence of a great bitterness tbh. Let's try to identify the source: is it the irrelevance of Bane, Nihilus, or Vitiate? Of all the above?

carthage
PLZ PAY ATTENTION TO ME WHILE I TRY AND FAIL TO TROLL POSTERS FOR THE 50TH TIME. I'M A VIRGIN AND I TOUCH MYSELF TO TCW CLIPS OF PALPATINE

thumb up

Nephthys
I am pretty salty over Jadus tbh. I miss that ol' puckish rogue.

The_Tempest
I am pretty salty over Jadus tbh. I miss that ol' puckish rogue.

I'mma go with Nihilus; he and Jadus both wear masks. mmm

Nephthys
Jadus has a sexier voice though.

The_Tempest
watch?v=-3POYx6IeeI

Not as sexy as this tbh.

Sinious

Wow that would be equally horrible. I would be bothered by a new big bad surpassing Sidious in power yet it would be bearable but as mentioned earlier, f'ing with his position as the ultimate mastermind would be s***ing on the entire storyline.

DARTH POWER
Tempest cries every night about how much more popular Kenobi is than Palpatine. Hence his Kenobi hatred.

If Snook takes Sidious's place as the Most Powerful Sith on top, then I don't know how the poor guy will ever sleep again.

The_Tempest
Tempest cries every night about how much more popular Kenobi is than Palpatine. Hence his Kenobi hatred.

If Snook takes Sidious's place as the Most Powerful Sith on top, then I don't know how the poor guy will ever sleep again.

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/709/709134.png

U mad.

Going toe-to-toe with quan has diminished what little patience and stability you had left, DP. Coming into random threads to try to troll me and engaging Selenial with open hostility... it's almost like our words are getting to you.

DARTH POWER
Coming into random threads to try to troll me

Yeah it's quite irritating isn't it?

So stop stalking me then. I'm hardly on the SW threads these days, but it seems every time I am you're there to stalk me.

So quit it.

You wanna debate? No worries. Name your thread and topic. I'll trash you as per usual.

But quit the stalking. Cause it's getting kind of creepy.

The_Tempest
Yeah it's quite irritating isn't it?

So stop stalking me then. I'm hardly on the SW threads these days, but it seems every time I am you're there to stalk me.

So quit it.

You wanna debate? No worries. Name your thread and topic. I'll trash you as per usual.

But quit the stalking. Cause it's getting kind of creepy.

Oh, it's not irritating at all! I very much enjoy how much you're affected by my words and opinions. Might as well have made your avatar a big red bullseye.

DARTH POWER
Oh, it's not irritating at all! I very much enjoy how much you're affected by my words and opinions. Might as well have made your avatar a big red bullseye.

I know. Because you're a class A Stalker. Constantly seeking my attention.

You have a picture of me with a big red bullseye which you throw darts at every time you think of all the times I've embarrassed your speculative attempts at arguments which you spent months coming up with.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Sinious
Wow that would be equally horrible. I would be bothered by a new big bad surpassing Sidious in power yet it would be bearable but as mentioned earlier, f'ing with his position as the ultimate mastermind would be s***ing on the entire storyline.

Using Palpatine to achieve your own ends doesn't make you a better manipulator or more important than him, tbh. It's possible Snoke was profiting on the smaller scale side while Palpatine enjoyed the fruits of the galaxy tbh.

Sinious
"Palpatine was being manipulated or used by Snoke." could very well mean that yeah.

The Merchant
Snoke is Cronal.

The_Tempest
Calm down, DP. laughing out loud

Using Palpatine to achieve your own ends doesn't make you a better manipulator or more important than him, tbh. It's possible Snoke was profiting on the smaller scale side while Palpatine enjoyed the fruits of the galaxy tbh.

thumb up

You could make the argument that the lowliest Microsoft janitor is "using" Bill Gates in that he's employed and earning a paycheck off the man while Gates prolly doesn't even know he exists. Doesn't mean the two are close to one another in any respect.

Same with phytoplankton and a humpback whale.

Sheev is operating on a galaxywide level of influence, directly or indirectly involving the lives of every single one of its inhabitants. I imagine there are plenty of people who "used him."

carthage
So yeah everyone Snoke > Palpatine all but confirmed now thumb up

The Merchant
I wouldn't be surprised if Abrams took the route that Snoke manipulated Palpatine and is stronger than him. I hope he does Force Storms and Luke does a Planet sized Wall of Light cool

carthage
This is canon only leave that EU shit at the door thumb up

The Merchant
Calm yourself.

SIDIOUS 66
Haven't been keeping up, but considering how all the latest works (well, everything I've read, which hasn't been much lately, TBH) depicts Sidious as a nearly all-knowing intellect behind everything up until his death.

I don't see anyone surpassing him, TBH. The new big bad may present a more personal level threat to the main characters of the OT than Sidious did, however. Kind of like TDK's Joker was to Batman, whereas Ras and his organization was to the world. Joker would also get his head kicked in in a fight against Ras, but he still did more to Batman on a personal level.

carthage
We shall see mmm

Sinious
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Haven't been keeping up, but considering how all the latest works (well, everything I've read, which hasn't been much lately, TBH) depicts Sidious as a nearly all-knowing intellect behind everything up until his death.

I don't see anyone surpassing him, TBH. The new big bad may present a more personal level threat to the main characters of the OT than Sidious did, however. Kind of like TDK's Joker was to Batman, whereas Ras and his organization was to the world. Joker would also get his head kicked in in a fight against Ras, but he still did more to Batman on a personal level.

That sounds probable yeah.

SIDIOUS 66
We shall see mmm

You just sicken me.

The new guy looks like Edward scissor hands, and you would actually want him to surpass Sidious? Shame on you.

NewGuy01
Wait, how do we know what he looks like?

SIDIOUS 66
Wait, how do we know what he looks like?

IDK, I was going by the pic Cart posted. He seemed proud of it, so I figured that's how he must look.

Or is that not him?

ares834
That's Kylo Ren. He isn't the big bad.

Anyway he looks a hell of a lot cooler than old man Pedotine.

SIDIOUS 66
That's Kylo Ren. He isn't the big bad.

Anyway he looks a hell of a lot cooler than old man Pedotine.

Well I lost the element of surprise then. Wish I wouldn't have known so I could've busted out laughing when he removes his mask in the movie.

|King Joker|
LOL

carthage
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Well I lost the element of surprise then. Wish I wouldn't have known so I could've busted out laughing when he removes his mask in the movie.

It's pretty hard to look any uglier than Sheev when he was making duckfaces fighting Mace thumb up

carthage
Latest rumor for the TFA novelization by Alan Dean Foster seems really ****ing convincing, heres a plot synopsis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/3drikx/prepare_salt_shakers_for_maximum_capacity_this/

Luke hands Ren his ass in a duel apparently

NewGuy01
Looks fake as hell, but it's an interesting fake.

Kylo and Rey being unknowing siblings, but the twist with neither of them actually being of Skywalker lineage is interesting.

Kylo Ren pretending to be Luke Skywalker in a Cronal-esque fashion is a really nice idea that I really would like to see.

Having a "local Jedi" seems unrealistic considering Luke was supposed to be the last of them, and apparently he's been gone and not training apprentices.

Really I wouldn't mind if this were legitimate, but I don't think it is.

DarthAnt66
Looks fake as hell, but it's an interesting fake.

Kylo and Rey being unknowing siblings, but the twist with neither of them actually being of Skywalker lineage is interesting.

Kylo Ren pretending to be Luke Skywalker in a Cronal-esque fashion is a really nice idea that I really would like to see.

Having a "local Jedi" seems unrealistic considering Luke was supposed to be the last of them, and apparently he's been gone and not training apprentices.

Really I wouldn't mind if this were legitimate, but I don't think it is.

Looks as fake as Lady_Kulax's quotes.

Trocity
It's pretty hard to look any uglier than Sheev when he was making duckfaces fighting Mace thumb up

Lmfao. Those faces always made me uncomfortable while watching that scene.

It was awkward as shit.

ares834
Yep. Seems fake. If any rumors are accurate, it's likely MSW TBH.

|King Joker|
Rey not being a Skywalker would be kinda disappointing, IMO.

NewGuy01
Rey not being a Skywalker makes no sense considering Luke's dialogue and that Japanese interview.

Kylo Ren being a Skywalker would be legitimately horrifying though.

ares834

|King Joker|
I dunno, it's just kind of a tradition in SW movies to have a Skywalker protagonist, and Rey just really looks like a Skywalker. I wouldn't care *that* much, but whatever.

His ugliness soils the Solo name, then.

NewGuy01
Oh god no. D:

quanchi112
He should be pretty formidable. We shall see.

carthage
Bumping this.

ares834
He's a bit of a noob.

|King Joker|
He's probably a bit below someone like Ventress, IMO.

Trocity
Looks like he fights the black stormtrooper turned Jedi in the trailer from yesterday, so unless he stomps him, nothing special.

Maybe slightly better than Inquisitor, maybe not.

ILS
Cin Drallig level

ares834
Originally posted by Trocity
Looks like he fights the black stormtrooper turned Jedi in the trailer from yesterday, so unless he stomps him, nothing special.

Maybe slightly better than Inquisitor, maybe not.

He does.

According to rumors and what JJ has said, I expect he will grow throughout the films and end up being roughly Vader level.

Darth Thor

According to rumors and what JJ has said, I expect he will grow throughout the films and end up being roughly Vader level.

So he'll achieve his dream eventually.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity

Maybe slightly better than Inquisitor, maybe not. Oh dear lord.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
Cin Drallig level

Srs?

|King Joker|
He does.

According to rumors and what JJ has said, I expect he will grow throughout the films and end up being roughly Vader level. Are there going to be more lightsaber duels in the movie?

Darth Truculent
Power wise, I'm guessing maybe Kyp Durron. There is a rumor circulating that he is the son of Han and Han begs Luke not to kill him. 30 years after RoTJ, Luke is extremely powerful. I'm thinking that these next films are set during the DE series. Unfortunately, there will be Thrawn.

ares834
Are there going to be more lightsaber duels in the movie?

Yes. Rey vs Kylo.

Leaked (very early) concept art of said scene.

|King Joker|
That nigga kinda looks like Malgus, LOL.

And who's that guy next to Kylo?

ares834
Finn I'd assume.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Power wise, I'm guessing maybe Kyp Durron. There is a rumor circulating that he is the son of Han and Han begs Luke not to kill him. 30 years after RoTJ, Luke is extremely powerful. I'm thinking that these next films are set during the DE series. Unfortunately, there will be Thrawn.

1.) Thrawn happened before DE.
2.) DE was ~5 years after RotJ
3.) Neither of these stories are canon, and neither is NR Luke as we know him.

ares834

FreshestSlice
I don't think he'll go that far given Erza and the younglings in TCW. Anakin also had one in AotC. It'd be a huge retcon.

|King Joker|
I was assuming Kylo's 'saber was really old and that he found it somewhere or something.

Darth Thor
Nah, this isn't some Prequel/TCW Hater's movie. It isn't even JJ's movie. It's Lucasfilms. And they understand the OT is more popular but the story group states the PT is canon nonetheless and they're the ones in charge of any retconning not JJ.

As for Luke's training being complete after constructing his Saber.. Well Luke's training didn't exactly happen in the most orthodox way. He was handed a Lightsaber before any training. So maybe for him that was the final part of his training, because it was something he missed in the initial stages of his training.

Kylo Ren's training is also likely going to be unorthodox and rushed.

ares834

Darth Thor
Like I said it's not solely JJ's movie. The story group will tell him what he can and can't do.

It's clearly something they learn early on, but with no one teaching them it might be harder to figure that out. That's what Dawn of the Jedi suggests anyway. Luke has a spare Lightsaber to break apart in that, but still can't figure it out. He just knows that the Crystal is somehow kept in place with the Force in the construction of the Saber.

|King Joker|
Ignoring the PT is pretty disrespectful and it's tiring seeing all of the shade they throw at it. And I don't even think those movies were that great, honestly, but ignoring what was established is just lame. Granted, this particular issue isn't that important in the grand scheme of Star Wars, but just the principle of ignoring established canon just because they don't like it bothers me.

Darth Thor
thumb up

The_Tempest
Maybe Vader meant that Luke's ability to construct a saber from zilch with zero training on the subject was a sign of complete training and extraordinary Force awareness. The younglings had the entire Jedi temple to draw on.

quanchi112
JJ is the director so he is still the architect of this film. Showing lucasfilms doesn't mean he didn't direct the film. Wtf.

ares834
Massive spoilers!

Kylo Ren's entries in VD has leaked.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/12373199_1662306124009875_7667613053464072625_n.jpg?oh=62c87f0280ce65fc5daa795c8df9377d&oe=56D41F0A

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12360362_1662306927343128_2808542295582083140_n.jpg?oh=c34d97a39f01a5520bd51c4b44b6f19b&oe=571DF6E5

Dude is going to be a beast.

Also his light saber is based on a design used at the "Scourge of Malachor".

carthage
So he's already killed Jedi masters?

Not bad

Zenwolf
He's able to stop literal blaster shots mid-air? Pretty interesting, although he has the bloodline of the most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Soo.....he's either the son of Luke(doubtful) or Leia.

Where you seeing he killed Jedi Masters Carth? Or that just a guess?

Lord Stark
Massive spoilers!

Kylo Ren's entries in VD has leaked.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/12373199_1662306124009875_7667613053464072625_n.jpg?oh=62c87f0280ce65fc5daa795c8df9377d&oe=56D41F0A

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12360362_1662306927343128_2808542295582083140_n.jpg?oh=c34d97a39f01a5520bd51c4b44b6f19b&oe=571DF6E5

Dude is going to be a beast.

Also his light saber is based on a design used at the "Scourge of Malachor".

"Blood of the most powerful Jedi and Sith flowing through his veins". Interesting, perhaps he will not be Inquisitor-tier afterall.

NewGuy01
Kylo Solo definitely seems to be a thing, yeah. Only question left is whether Rey is Solo or Skywalker at this point, tbh.

|King Joker|
I think it's unfortunate that Kylo is so ugly when his relatives are pretty hot.

FreshestSlice
Lulz @teenaged Kylo soloing the vestige Jedi Order

Zenwolf
Edit: Eh w/e, but not like the pictures/info are posted already Fresh.

FreshestSlice
Because it says his lightsaber skills are why they didn't reform. Also, spoiler tags are your friend.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Where's it say he solo'd them? He betrayed them which then brought about their destruction.

Well I mean...he is a Solo excellent

ares834
His groupies probably helped. I'm more convinced then ever that the shot of the KoR from the trailer is around their attack on the Jedi.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because it says his lightsaber skills are why they didn't reform. Also, spoiler tags are your friend.

Well part of it is cut off, and it seems to be like it would be impossible for him to do so with Luke being around, unless of course it was a very, very, VERY small group.

FreshestSlice
There's a reason he's called the Jedi Killer. erm
And Luke wasn't around. It's not like an army attacked the Temple, so I doubt any of this would have happened if he was there.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
There's a reason he's called the Jedi Killer. erm
And Luke wasn't around. It's not like an army attacked the Temple, so I doubt any of this would have happened if he was there.

Just cause he's called a Jedi Killer, doesn't mean he solo'd an entire Temple. I'm kinda with Ares on this with his fellow Ren Knights helping. Or unless the number of Jedi during the time were really, really small.

FreshestSlice
Unless he telepathically gave them all his lightsaber skills; he did the bulk of the killing.

Lord Stark
Pretty sure the number of Jedi was very small.

DarthAnt66
THE GREAT SCOURGE OF MALACHOR??

**** yeah. I love the Revan references.

This made my day.

FreshestSlice
How the **** is that a Revan reference? Malachor is an entire star system, and the only thing the saber has in common with Revan is invoking Jesus with a crucifix.

ares834
Plus, the cross guard saber is a Sith design. Which means Sith were fighting at the battle.

DarthAnt66
The fact Malachor is even mentioned makes it a subtle Revan mention.

"Scourge of Malachor" is referring to the ****ing Battle of Malachor V where, you know, the planet got scourged... by Revan. no expression

Of course it's the canon version, which I assume is a lot different from the Legends (hence ares' comment), but not thinking of Revan when reading "Scourge of Malachor" is just laughable.

FreshestSlice
Wow! Just like when they talked about Dantooine in Episode IV, or Taris in Aftermath, they were talking about KotOR. Obviously the canon version. thumb up

Oh wait, that's retarded.

DarthAnt66
Don't be retarded.

I never said Revan or KotOR was canon.

I stated the mention of Malachor is a subtle homage to Revan.

That's true.

It's obvious that they're doing a #throwback to the Legends Battle of Malachor here.

Just as the existence of Taris, Rakata Prime, and HK-47 in that game does similarly.

DarthAnt66
I mention Revan and Malachor and everyone loses their minds.

"WHAT? MALACHOR? That obviously has no reference to Revan!"

FreshestSlice
Except it's not. erm

It's not a reference just because it's using the name of a place. Lucas wasn't referencing the EU when he used the name Coruscant. It's not a homage to Revan in the slightest. Using HK may have been, given that it's actually a character, a non-canon one at that, but using places, hell only the name of places, isn't a reference.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>