Team Thor -Vs- Team Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

All are in standard form. No upgrades to above high herald lvl for either team.

Cls.Thor
Cls.Loki
Cls.Hercules
Cls.Ares

Vs

Black Adam
Sinestro
Grundy
Lex Luthor

Surtur
I feel like Team Black Adam got the short end of the stick. With no prep, what use is Lex? Grundy is also a slow moving brick.

I have no idea how powerful the Nu version of Black Adam is supposed to be. The post crisis version was more or less on the same level of Superman, so if that still is true for the Nu version then Black Adam definitely has a big speed advantage over everyone. A strength advantage as well actually.

I can see Team BA winning if he is truly on the level of Kryptonians. He can take out Loki right away via a blitz. The biggest threat is Thor, but it's still best to rid of Loki first. Then he can blitz Thor as well and take him down that way. Adam also has resistance to magical attacks so it's not the end of the world if Thor manages to use his hammer. So I think BA could take him down.

While all that is happening, you have Sinestro taking on Herc and Ares. Herc is more or less as strong as Thor, but that is all he really has to rely on is physical attacks. He can't fly and he has no ranged attacks. Sinestro can fly and has plenty of ranged attacks. Just like Hercules, Ares can't fly nor can he project energy. He also isn't at the same level of physical strength as Hercules.

If Sinestro can't defeat these two on his own then he can at least keep them occupied until Adam has finished with Loki and Thor. Then once it's Sinestro and Adam taking on Herc and Ares..well, Herc and Ares are screwed.

riv6672
Your logic makes sense to me, if those sre really the power levels.

I'd give T1 the edge myself, due to Loki and Thor's versatility. T2 has a powerful flying brick, a brick, a member who's best asset is not in ply due to no prep, and one versatile member who cant do it all.

Surtur
Yeah it really comes down to what BA has done in the post Nu world. Though apparently Sinestro is currently the host of Parralax, but I have no idea if that is giving him any sort of power boost to put him above his normal levels.

riv6672
The Sinestro thing came up months ago. I vaguelyvrecall someone saying he doesnt regularly use it fir some reason, so i always go with Sinestro classic unless otherwise said.
Great point on BA. A lot depends on him (and Sinestro) due to Luthor.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Surtur
I feel like Team Black Adam got the short end of the stick. With no prep, what use is Lex? Grundy is also a slow moving brick.

I have no idea how powerful the Nu version of Black Adam is supposed to be. The post crisis version was more or less on the same level of Superman, so if that still is true for the Nu version then Black Adam definitely has a big speed advantage over everyone. A strength advantage as well actually.

I can see Team BA winning if he is truly on the level of Kryptonians. He can take out Loki right away via a blitz. The biggest threat is Thor, but it's still best to rid of Loki first. Then he can blitz Thor as well and take him down that way. Adam also has resistance to magical attacks so it's not the end of the world if Thor manages to use his hammer. So I think BA could take him down.

While all that is happening, you have Sinestro taking on Herc and Ares. Herc is more or less as strong as Thor, but that is all he really has to rely on is physical attacks. He can't fly and he has no ranged attacks. Sinestro can fly and has plenty of ranged attacks. Just like Hercules, Ares can't fly nor can he project energy. He also isn't at the same level of physical strength as Hercules.

If Sinestro can't defeat these two on his own then he can at least keep them occupied until Adam has finished with Loki and Thor. Then once it's Sinestro and Adam taking on Herc and Ares..well, Herc and Ares are screwed.

As avatar of the Grey, Grundy is one of the most powerful here. He can use his death touch or come back from getting blown up or cut. He's a beast.

riv6672
How are we getting avatars and parallaxes from

Originally posted by Supermex

All are in standard form. No upgrades to above high herald lvl for either team.

8swords
laughing out loud

Kazenji
Didn't know Grundy had something to do with Fungus.

Supermex
Originally posted by riv6672

lol some peoples kids I tell you

Rezactic
IIRC Adam Pre 52 had some insane combat speed in that he can fight Jay Garrick for a while, but not sure about Nu Adam.

riv6672
Yeah, Adam if he's stayed level since the reboot is a huge threat.

Golgo13

DCnU Grundy is an avatar of the Grey. That is his standard/average form.

Golgo13
lol some peoples kids I tell you

LOL! You put DCnU up there. You should read some Grundy comics.

Juntai
Lex in power armor? Otherwise I don't see what he adds here.

Supermex
Originally posted by Golgo13
LOL! You put DCnU up there. You should read some Grundy comics.

Bro stop trying to derail threads by only trying to finds benefits to make Dc win..

I, we already talked to you about this many times..

Supermex
Originally posted by Juntai
Lex in power armor? Otherwise I don't see what he adds here.

Its kind of standard here that Lex has his Armor on him.

Golgo13
Bro stop trying to derail threads by only trying to finds benefits to make Dc win..

I, we already talked to you about this many times..

So, you're using Pre-Flashpoint Grundy? Or Avatar Grundy?

relentless1
Team thor wins because you put Lex Luthor on black adams team...lame thread

Supermex
Originally posted by relentless1
Team thor wins because you put Lex Luthor on black adams team...lame thread

So you think Lex gets stomped here by everyone on team Thor ?

relentless1
the only reason his suit stands up to Superman is because its powered by Kryptonite, it doesn't even have a helmet to protect his face

riv6672
Agreed. In this fight, without prep in play, he's not at his best.

carver9
His DCNU armor does have a helmet.

DarkSaint85
Team Adam.

Problem is, DCnU Grundy is the main threat here. Preboot Grundy, amps up to whatever level he is facing. So have him fight Batman, and he is Bats level - fight Superman, and he's Supes level.

OP has specified it is DCnU, however, and THAT guy was unstoppable. He should balance DCnU Bizarro, though I confess apart from the few issues with the CSA I haven't seen much of him.

Golgo13
Bfr would be the only way to stop dcnu grundy.

Supermex
So Dc has has a bunch of unstoppable guys now?

Only use Grundy in BFR allowed threads then?

Golgo13

Outside of Godblast, there isn't a whole lot team Thor can do. Like I said, read some Earth 2. He's the avatar of the Grey. Standard power level.

Supermex
Outside of Godblast, there isn't a whole lot team Thor can do. Like I said, read some Earth 2. He's the avatar of the Grey. Standard power level.

What feats does Grundy on Earth 2 have?

Has he beat up Superman or someone in that leve?

DarkSaint85

WEll, you DID specify DCnU Grundy, and he has only shown up in two main storylines.

The first, Earth-2 GL (who is the Avatar of the Green on E-2) was unable to defeat him, until he sent him to the Moon (and only realised this AFTER the Grey told him how to, as they themselves were unable to stop him):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/2733478-earth_2_zone_011.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/2733493-earth_2_zone_016.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/2733498-earth_2_zone_017.jpg

Supermex

So currently Grundy is now above HH level in DCnu comics as a standard?

Golgo13
So Grundy is now above HH level in DC comics as a standard?

Which Grundy were you going to use? lol

Supermex
Which Grundy were you going to use? lol

Current.. Dcnu

How many Grundy's are there?

Golgo13
There has only been one. Grundy has always been the avatar of the Grey, so I don't know what you're going on about.

Supermex
There has only been one. Grundy has always been the avatar of the Grey, so I don't know what you're going on about.

I'm asking you if you feel Grundy is above HH level currently in DCNU ?

Golgo13
I'm asking you if you feel Grundy is above HH level currently in DCNU ?

Yes. He's mainly formidable, because he's hard to put down. Add in the death touch and strength.

Supermex
Yes. He's mainly formidable, because he's hard to put down. Add in the death touch and strength.

Which Grundy would be best to use that is close or at HH level?

Surtur
As avatar of the Grey, Grundy is one of the most powerful here. He can use his death touch or come back from getting blown up or cut. He's a beast.

Okay, but who the heck is "Grey"? What are the limits of his death touch, who has he used it on?

DarkSaint85
Okay, but who the heck is "Grey"? What are the limits of his death touch, who has he used it on?

Swamp Thing is the Avatar of the Green - all plant life
Animal Man, the Red - animal life
Etc etc

In earth-2, the Red has another avatar, and the Avatar of the Green is Green Lantern Alan Scott.

The Grey is the parliament that rules and controls anything that is dead, or rotten. So immortals would be immune, I guess.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

immortals would be immune, I guess.

This is confusing though because people who are alive and not immortal are not actually dead or rotting. Unless it just means anything with the potential to die and rot. But then it makes you wonder, there are immortals who are immune to aging but can still be slain in battle. So they are capable of death, so would they still be immune?

DarkSaint85
This is confusing though because people who are alive and not immortal are not actually dead or rotting. Unless it just means anything with the potential to die and rot. But then it makes you wonder, there are immortals who are immune to aging but can still be slain in battle. So they are capable of death, so would they still be immune?

He can control dead skin cells, that cavity you have in your mouth, cancerous cells etc.

The way E2 Grundy was working, however, was that he was draining people. So anything that's alive was feeding him.

Think Nekron, if you want.

Supermex
Earth 2 is standard dcnu ?

Like Marvel 616

DarkSaint85
Earth 2 is standard dcnu ?

Like Marvel 616

Grundy does not exist in Earth-1 DCnU.

The only Grundy we have seen post Flashpoint is the Earth-2 one, hence Golgo kept asking which one it was (and you were insistent that it was DCnU).

Juntai

The only Grundy we have seen post Flashpoint is the Earth-2 one, hence Golgo kept asking which one it was (and you were insistent that it was DCnU). Likely because Grundy was largely written as a JSA and primarily Alan Scott bad guy.

Supermex

The only Grundy we have seen post Flashpoint is the Earth-2 one, hence Golgo kept asking which one it was (and you were insistent that it was DCnU).

I havent been reading DC or Marvel comics as of late so I didn't know what he ment by which.

DarkSaint85
Fair enough.

Its just that this time, Golgo wasn't trying to spite Marvel.

riv6672
Ah, that clears up the Grundy confusion!

Golgo13
Patient Zero looks like Grundy. And he's from Earth 0.

Golgo13

Per Morrisons Multiverse map, regular dcnu is Earth 0.

riv6672
Jeez, the last reboot was supposed to simplify thing, right?

Supermex
Jeez, the last reboot was supposed to simplify thing, right?

That's my thinking

DC sounds fu;?!kup now more than then.

They should simplify it.

Golgo13
That's my thinking

DC sounds fu;?!kup now more than then.

They should simplify it.

How would you know, if you haven't read any of the stories? It's not that hard to understand, really. Grundy is from another earth, just like he was before.

Supermex
How would you know, if you haven't read any of the stories? It's not that hard to understand, really. Grundy is from another earth, just like he was before.

Dont get offend, unless your on DC pay roll, no need to get feisty..

I'm just going by what Riv said..

It does sound confusing.. My opinion.

Golgo13
Dont get offend, unless your on DC pay roll, no need to get feisty..

I'm just going by what Riv said..

It does sound confusing.. My opinion.

I'm not offended, but curious on how you came to the conclusions. Riv doesn't even read the stories. laughing out loud

DC has been pumping out stories involving alternate realities for a loooong time. Nothing that confusing.

Supermex
Just all the different Superman characters they got going on is lame.

I wish they would of sold Dc to Marvel/Disney. Merge them to Marvel U and Marvel would at least make them less lame with the mix of characters they be getting.

Marvel would also atleast save them from turning DC into a lame version of Avatar: The Last Airbender deriction there going. Dont they know that lame show is not even on t.v anymore?

I hope Dc Fix's there shit in the next event. Then maybe I can start reading them again.

Supermex
I'm not offended, but curious on how you came to the conclusions. Riv doesn't even read the stories. laughing out loud

DC has been pumping out stories involving alternate realities for a loooong time. Nothing that confusing.

How do I know he doesn't read them. I haven't ask him.

Golgo13

I wish they would of sold Dc to Marvel/Disney. Merge them to Marvel U and Marvel would at least make them less lame with the mix of characters they be getting.

Marvel would also atleast save them from turning DC into a lame version of Avatar: The Last Airbender deriction there going. Dont they know that lame show is not even on t.v anymore?

I hope Dc Fix's there shit in the next event.

Marvel is doing pretty much the same thing with Secret Wars. laughing out loud

Golgo13
How do I know he doesn't read them. I haven't ask him.

Of course it would be confusing. You don't read the stories. laughing out loud

Supermex
Marvel is doing pretty much the same thing with Secret Wars. laughing out loud

It be nice if both were merged.

DC would need to rebooted 4 times over. Hulk & Superman would be badasssmile

Golgo13
It be nice if both were merged.

DC would need to rebooted 4 times over. Hulk & Superman would be badasssmile

It would be way too overcrowded.

Sin I AM

I hope Dc Fix's there shit in the next event. Then maybe I can start reading them again.

Stfu

-Pr-

lol, Marvel would ****ing ruin plenty of DC characters far worse than anything DC has done to them.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
lol, Marvel would ****ing ruin plenty of DC characters far worse than anything DC has done to them.

Superman becomes currently Cyclops biscuits

DarkSaint85
Dead in a fiery explosion? God, I hope so.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
Superman becomes currently Cyclops biscuits

sad

Dead in a fiery explosion? God, I hope so.

Wait, what?

DarkSaint85
sad

Wait, what?

Magik, Cyclops and Emma Frost were killed by the latest 'world threatening mutant', Matthew Malloy. Or possibly SHIELD's airstrike. Emma was def killed by Matt though. Uncanny X-men #30.

Supermex
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Stfu

Lmao!!
Yesssss let the hate flow thru you. laughing

Supermex

Lmao!!

Far worst, not just worst!!?? laughing

-Pr-
Magik, Cyclops and Emma Frost were killed by the latest 'world threatening mutant', Matthew Malloy. Or possibly SHIELD's airstrike. Emma was def killed by Matt though. Uncanny X-men #30.

Ugh. Wtf.

Lmao!!

Far worst, not just worst!!?? laughing

No, like, more terrible than we can imagine.

DarkSaint85
Ugh. Wtf.

No, like, more terrible than we can imagine.

Oh, and Xavier has been brought from the past to the present. So he's just uttered the fan service line of 'to me, my X-men'. So he'll prob change the past and Matthew will never be or some shit.

-Pr-
Oh, and Xavier has been brought from the past to the present. So he's just uttered the fan service line of 'to me, my X-men'. So he'll prob change the past and Matthew will never be or some shit.

I assume this will be somehow related to the semi-reboot?

DarkSaint85
I assume this will be somehow related to the semi-reboot?

Who knows, really. I never keep up to date with previews and upcoming events - I like to be surprised. It may well be, or a small storyline that gets resolved in the next issue when young Xavier goes back to his time and lobotomises Matthew.

riv6672

Since you're making assumptions on what i do and dont read, i'll act condescending and say i've been reading comics literally since before you were born; when i imply things are confusing i'm right. smokin'

-Pr-
Who knows, really. I never keep up to date with previews and upcoming events - I like to be surprised. It may well be, or a small storyline that gets resolved in the next issue when young Xavier goes back to his time and lobotomises Matthew.

Regardless, X-Men needs some sort of fix, and soon imo.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Stfu thumb up laughing

carver9
Wonder if DC and Marvel would do another crossover. Also, is there any reason on why Marvel stopped making 'what if's'?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Wonder if DC and Marvel would do another crossover. Also, is there any reason on why Marvel stopped making 'what if's'?

They haven't had a big event lately. Last one they did was a What If? AvX.

Plus, Uatu's dead, and he usually narrates these...

carver9
They haven't had a big event lately. Last one they did was a What If? AvX.

Plus, Uatu's dead, and he usually narrates these...

What if's aren't canon though. I'm talking about Classic what if's where writers can do what they want in the story while at the same time, making it seem possible.

Aaaaaahhhhh, didn't know Uatu narrated that. Thanks bro.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
What if's aren't canon though. I'm talking about Classic what if's where writers can do what they want in the story while at the same time, making it seem possible.

Aaaaaahhhhh, didn't know Uatu narrated that. Thanks bro.

Oh. I have no idea what the difference is between classic and modern what if's....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.