Matrix (Supergirl) Vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GRD_zpsjxpwsqjh.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MX_zps2xqauwjh.jpg

Insane Titan
Supergirl wins

Delta1938
That's actually the Earth-Angel version, after Matrix merged with Linda Danvers.

Juntai
I didn't see anything from Matrix or Earth Angel to make me believe she'd best Gladiator though. Earth Angel didn't have much in the way of feats, it was more of a story-driven comic for all of like 20 issues.
Did anything happen after they moved her over to IDW and gave her another 30 issues or so? I never got around to reading those.

Surtur
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Supergirl wins

How? Does she have speed feats that put her as massively FTL like Gladiator? Has she shown durability sufficient enough to fly through stars, and strength enough to destroy a planet in a few hits?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Surtur
How? Does she have speed feats that put her as massively FTL like Gladiator? Has she shown durability sufficient enough to fly through stars, and strength enough to destroy a planet in a few hits?
Those are some nice feats. Remind me again, who did he beat with those kind of feats? Thor? Hulk? Surfer? Nova? Anybody?

Delta1938

Apparently, Gladiator's only combat speed feat that would put him FTL was an alternate universe Gladiator.

StyleTime
Originally posted by abhilegend
Those are some nice feats. Remind me again, who did he beat with those kind of feats? Thor? Hulk? Surfer? Nova? Anybody?
Abhi raises a great point: these people would stomp her even worse.

You're on fire today man.

h1a8
Originally posted by StyleTime
Abhi raises a great point: these people would stomp her even worse.

You're on fire today man. Thor and Hulk wouldn't, they are too slow for her.

Insane Titan
How? Does she have speed feats that put her as massively FTL like Gladiator? Has she shown durability sufficient enough to fly through stars, and strength enough to destroy a planet in a few hits? you think space cheese feats are a great indicator of how a fight would go ?

krisblaze
you think space cheese feats are a great indicator of how a fight would go ?
Space Cheese?

He is Gladiator of the Shi'ar imperial guard.

He lives in space.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by krisblaze
Space Cheese?

He is Gladiator of the Shi'ar imperial guard.

He lives in space. you know what I mean. Just naming stuff he doesn't do regular at all in a fight.

krisblaze
you know what I mean. Just naming stuff he doesn't do regular at all in a fight.
Yeah, I do, I'm just pointing out that that brand of criticism doesn't necessarily hold as much weight with Gladiator as it would with other characters.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yeah, I do, I'm just pointing out that that brand of criticism doesn't necessarily hold as much weight with Gladiator as it would with other characters. of course it does hold as much with Gladiator, as his sole argument was based a space cheese feats.

celeyhyga17
Hyperion of 712, Vulcan, Nova Prime (Malik Tarcel) aren't just cream puffs.

Surtur

Not a single thing you just said negates the feats I mentioned.

Originally posted by Delta1938
Apparently, Gladiator's only combat speed feat that would put him FTL was an alternate universe Gladiator.

No, this is false. There could be a version of him who is an alternate universe version, but the problem is he doesn't just have one feat. If someone is telling you every high end speed feat of Gladiators is an alternate version..they are lying to you. Plus hell, you don't even technically need to be faster then light here. I've seen no speed feats even showing Supergirl moving at the speed of light.

of course it does hold as much with Gladiator, as his sole argument was based a space cheese feats.

This makes no sense. Do you or do you not have feats for Supergirl doing similar things, If you do not, she loses. You can talk about "space cheese" all you want, it doesn't change the fact these things happened. I don't know why you'd think talking about "space cheese" would amount to any argument.

It's no less silly then "oh geez what did he do against Thor!" because obviously characters in comics are never shown not using their powers to their fullest extent. One person is providing feats while the other is posting excuses.

If you had feats putting Supergirl on the level of Gladiator I have to imagine you would of posted them instead of going on and on about space cheese, so I'm guessing you don't have said feats.

Insane Titan

No, this is false. There could be a version of him who is an alternate universe version, but the problem is he doesn't just have one feat. If someone is telling you every high end speed feat of Gladiators is an alternate version..they are lying to you. Plus hell, you don't even technically need to be faster then light here. I've seen no speed feats even showing Supergirl moving at the speed of light.

This makes no sense. Do you or do you not have feats for Supergirl doing similar things, If you do not, she loses. You can talk about "space cheese" all you want, it doesn't change the fact these things happened. I don't know why you'd think talking about "space cheese" would amount to any argument.

It's no less silly then "oh geez what did he do against Thor!" because obviously characters in comics are never shown not using their powers to their fullest extent. One person is providing feats while the other is posting excuses.

If you had feats putting Supergirl on the level of Gladiator I have to imagine you would of posted them instead of going on and on about space cheese, so I'm guessing you don't have said feats. I'm pulling you up on using a CBR version of Gladiator, he doesn't flight at ftl speeds or use star busting strength in fights.

If you say he does let's see him fighting opponents using the tactic you claim gets him the win.

Surtur
I'm pulling you up on using a CBR version of Gladiator, he doesn't flight at ftl speeds or use star busting strength in fights.

If you say he does let's see him fighting opponents using the tactic you claim gets him the win.

Your logic makes no sense. Ignoring the fact he and Hyperion supposedly fought in "nanoseconds", but that is irrelevant..Gladiator has shown high end reaction time and movement speed.

He doesn't use his speed to immediately end fights because they are comics, not people debating over the characters. It doesn't mean the feats of him showing super speed just didn't happen. Is that what you are saying? Either you are saying they never happened or you're just ignoring them because the writers fail to have him use his speed to end fights.

Also the star thing wasn't him destroying a star. It's a durability feat, he didn't make the star explode or anything by flying through it. He can destroy a planet in 3 punches though.

I assumed for the fight Gladiator was not going to hold back. If we are saying he will, then sure Supergirl can win.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hyperion of 712, Vulcan, Nova Prime (Malik Tarcel) aren't just cream puffs.
That supergirl straight up destroyed despero. Originally posted by Surtur

If you had feats putting Supergirl on the level of Gladiator I have to imagine you would of posted them instead of going on and on about space cheese, so I'm guessing you don't have said feats.
Who said that Gladiator would be blitzing at that speed here? Characters fight in character here, it's not CBR.

celeyhyga17
That supergirl straight up destroyed despero.

Ok.. Completely irrelevant reply from your original question, but whatever...

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Ok.. Completely irrelevant reply from your original question, but whatever...
Just comparing the power level. Earth angel supergirl was ridiculously powerful and her psychic powers would destroy Gladiator.

Scoobless
That supergirl straight up destroyed despero.

Despero is a lightweight.

no expression

Delta1938

I admit I'm not a Gladiator expert, but I've only seen two examples argue for his speed. One of them supposedly is an alternate reality, the other isn't FTL like it's argued.

No, you don't have to be FTL. Not sure what level Matrix's speed is. But it doesn't change my point. There could be examples I don't know of that are legit, but you'd have to bring them up.

carver9
Gladiator stomps.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator stomps.

laughing out loud

Glads 5/10

DarkSaint85
Wasn't Supergirl KOd from one punch from Doomsday?

Delta1938
Come punish me Abhi, I've been a bad, bad boy

sick

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing out loud

Glads 5/10

laughing out loud

Golgo13
Gladiator stomps.

No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.