Rebels is a rip off of old lore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
First off I would like to say that I enjoy the show. Its true to the star wars that I have grown to love and that is all I have ever asked from it. But recently I was watching a Jensaarai1 video where he went off on a tangent how Rebels is just a rip off of old star wars stories and he briefly made a comparison to The Corruscant Nights series.

After seeing that I started noticing the parallels more and more. Kanan is very identical to Jax Pavan and his crew fits accordingly. Jax became a Jedi Knight only a day before order 66 and was the leading member of a band of rebels that struck out against the empire on a single planet while evading inquisitors and Darth Vader. I'm sure you see the comparison.

Also Jax took on Kajin Savaros as an apprentice, who was a young teen boy with a natural gift for the Force and a deal seated fear/hate for the empire. Ezra anyone?

They were also accompanied by a smart mouth droid named I-Five who is Chopper in rebels

And last but not least Jax was best friends with a green skinned Twi'lek named Lanarth who he had a will they won't they relationship with for a long time. Hera.

But the biggest comparison came just recently. *SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LATEST EPISODES* The entire plot of Jax pavans fourth book, The Last Jedi, revolved around Yimmon, a leader of a rebel organization, getting captured by the empire and taken to an impossible to penetrate space station, where he is tortured to give up the names of other rebels, and the fate of everyone involved hinges on his mental residence while his friends hatch a desperate plan to save him...need I say more?

Rebels is clearly highly influenced by Corruscant Nights books and really the parallels are astonishing.

ares834
I don't see it. Those are all incredibly broad concepts and can pretty much all be applied to ANH as well.

Honestly, if Rebels is ripping off anything it's ANH.

carthage
I just can't get into anything involving Lucasfilm and animation. Maybe its just my preference to the EU/films, from the fight scenes and overall tone it at least seems similar to the OT.

I guess I'll watch it sometime, it has to be better than TCW at least.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ares834

Honestly, if Rebels is ripping off anything it's ANH.

thumb up

Revanchiste

WildBantha88
Okay so I did a shit job explaining how similar these two stories are.

A young inexperienced Jedi leads a band of misfit rebels as they strike out against the empire, while evading inquisitors, and training a young reckless prodigy in the Force and he has doubts if he is ready to be a master.

I just explained both Corruscant nights and Rebels

Revanchiste

WildBantha88
thumb up x100

Revanchiste
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laranth_Tarak

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100901052442/clonearmy/images/thumb/9/90/FerusVsMalorum.jpg/500px-FerusVsMalorum.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120816013949/starwars/images/1/15/The_Last_Jedi.jpg

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-journal-of-jax-pavan-ddc-2014-complete.50017385/page-2
http://s48.photobucket.com/user/jedijade88/media/f6acd4f7-a834-4265-95e7-5b73b7031823_zps30653043.jpg.html

DARTH POWER
Vader in the season finale.

What more could we ask for?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

What more could we ask for? Fulcrum is also being revealed in the finale. Ahsoka/Vader action is inevitable.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

What more could we ask for?
Like in the original version !

The problem is that the serie can not be as good as the original,because.. It's the TWC style this is build for action and fun, not for story telling.....

Vader will just show his face every fanboy will be like : "Yhea vader" and then over.....
Fan service guys ! Cheap fan service...
You are so naifs !

Fated Xtasy
Yup, it's a good series. Buuuuuuut...

Blue haired kid lost his family to the empire because they were rebels which forces him to live on the street as thief.....

Ezra=Trever Flume.

Jedi Apprentice who escaped order 66, is basically a rebel hero and has to learn to use the Force for the great good.

Ferus Olin=Kanan

And they're being chased by an Inquisitor.

It's a good show, but not entirely new.

|King Joker|
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/02/REB_IA_8319-2-720x405.jpg

OMGGGGGGG

Fated Xtasy
Wow, he looks so rad.

Revanchiste
He won't do a lot..... I bet than the only action scene with him will be short very short....
CHeap fan service.
That's not the first time than TWC scenarists....

deathslash
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Okay so I did a shit job explaining how similar these two stories are.

A young inexperienced Jedi leads a band of misfit rebels as they strike out against the empire, while evading inquisitors, and training a young reckless prodigy in the Force and he has doubts if he is ready to be a master.

I just explained both Corruscant nights and Rebels thumb up
The very day that Rebels came out, my friend was ranting about how similar they are.

Revanchiste
deathslash I never hated you !

NTJack0
Even if it was, who cares?

red8
When Disney made the whole Canon, Legends, and non-canon divisions, didn't they say they retained the right to sample elements of the EU?

I'm not seeing the problem here.

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
it has to be better than TCW at least.

TCW was way better. I didn't mind the childish material in the Clone Wars that much but its really hard to endure the "SW is for 10 years olds" mentality of Rebels.

Besides, these guys presented new characters(which I would enjoy if they did a good job at it) where in TCW we see the characters we actually care about who were in the movies.

Revanchiste
childish material is an heresy when you declare your show canon...
TWC have a lot more action. And really good stuff..
Rebels have the same style than TWC with a better story (because it's a ripp off of a good stuff) but it still chilsdish, and the story allow less fun battles.....

Yhea TWC really abused of cheap fan service. Rebels did once with Lando... At least the introduction was good, and was describing the character pretty well unlike the rest of the episode.....
There is also some comic really abuse of fan servioce with Luke Leila and Solo.. They are B series character so that's even more dirty because even if you are making shit, fan will love.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by red8
When Disney made the whole Canon, Legends, and non-canon divisions, didn't they say they retained the right to sample elements of the EU?

I'm not seeing the problem here.
Can be good or bad it depend of how they use the material.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.