Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Sentry

Vs

M.Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Aquaman

Standard form, standard gear..I

Henry_Pym
Team.

Sentry vs Manjobber alone is an ok fight.

tkitna
Current Sentry beats them to death.

bbrem123
current sentry trashes this team

Insane Titan
As the op says standard form, team stomps

riv6672
Originally posted by Insane Titan
yes

Werewolf582

bbrem123
As the op says standard form, team stomps good catch thumb up

tkitna
Standard form? Its all up to WW. If the lasso works, Sentry loses. Otherwise he wins this.

Just for my own curiosity, what has Aquaman ever done to the OP that he would include him in this fight?

riv6672
Have you not been reading his book, or JLA since the reboot? His stock's gone up a lot.

RealityWarper
Sentry stomps

tkitna
Originally posted by riv6672
Have you not been reading his book, or JLA since the reboot? His stock's gone up a lot.

To Sentry level? I'm to believe that he is going to be an asset to the team when he has no versatility or range attacks?

He is a weak link here. A walking brick that's not on the level of the other three.

Mindship
Death Seed Sentry beats them handidly while monologing his divine mission.

riv6672
Originally posted by tkitna
To Sentry level? I'm to believe that he is going to be an asset to the team when he has no versatility or range attacks?

He is a weak link here. A walking brick that's not on the level of the other three.
Your opinion's definitely valid, though why you asked what you did i'm not sure.
Still, in the very first DCnu JLA arc, he and WW stabbed Darkseid's eyes out (temporarily) with their strength, speed, skill, and weapons.
If they can do that, they arent defenseless against Sentry.

tkitna
Your opinion's definitely valid, though why you asked what you did i'm not sure.
Still, in the very first DCnu JLA arc, he and WW stabbed Darkseid's eyes out (temporarily) with their strength, speed, skill, and weapons.
If they can do that, they arent defenseless against Sentry.

Darkseid doesn't fly.

I like Aquaman and I realize he is written now to be able to hang for awhile against he big boys when there is a fisticuff, but within a forum battle I just feel he is out of place here. No big deal. A serious Sentry wins anyways.

One_Angry_Scot
Saying standard form would need a bit more clarification when it comes to Sentry anyway. Sentry doesn't have a standard. Standard could be used I guess to refer to Death Seed Sentry at the moment in which case he wins. But it would still need more clarification.

Sentry has quite a few iterations.

I'd like to ask Supermex what he means by standard with regards to Sentry.

Supermex
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Saying standard form would need a bit more clarification when it comes to Sentry anyway. Sentry doesn't have a standard. Standard could be used I guess to refer to Death Seed Sentry at the moment in which case he wins. But it would still need more clarification.

Sentry has quite a few iterations.

I'd like to ask Supermex what he means by standard with regards to Sentry.

True true

I ment current (Sentry) vs MM, WW & AQ

All 3 Dcnu heroes in there standard form. Standard gear.

Same as in my Sentry, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Gladiator thread.

One_Angry_Scot
Okay thanks a lot for the reply Supermex.

Sentry would win.

Supermex
I like to think this may be a valid point made by (Riv)

Your opinion's definitely valid, though why you asked what you did i'm not sure. Still, in the very first DCnu JLA arc, he and WW stabbed Darkseid's eyes out (temporarily) with their strength, speed, skill, and weapons. If they can do that, they arent defenseless against Sentry.

Branlor Swift
What is stabbing Sentry's eyes out going to do?

Supermex
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Is that what Riv ment?

If you think he just ment to stab Sentry in the eye ball, inbox him and I'm sure he will fill you in.

One_Angry_Scot

thumb up

Sentry stated hurting his shell as he called it was pointless as the soul is what drives him. He survived having his brain smashed to pieces and reformed it again. Just as an example.

Stabbing his eyes even if they manage to do so will just make Sentry reform them again. And I doubt he'd let them get within distance to do such a thing.

Stoic
Okay thanks a lot for the reply Supermex.

Sentry would win.

Yes he would, and to the point that he'd likely terrify them while doing so.

tkitna
Originally posted by Supermex
I like to think this may be a valid point made by (Riv)

Your opinion's definitely valid, though why you asked what you did i'm not sure. Still, in the very first DCnu JLA arc, he and WW stabbed Darkseid's eyes out (temporarily) with their strength, speed, skill, and weapons. If they can do that, they arent defenseless against Sentry.

I asked the question because the other 3 can fly and would most assuredly do so during the battle while Aquaman would be standing there with his thumb up his butt just waiting. Also, Aquaman is below the other 3 characters and I feel its by a decent margin. I just don't feel like he offers much in this scenario.

Anyways, if this is current Sentry, the three of those characters have no chance of winning. I don't even think current Sentry can be hurt.

One_Angry_Scot
I asked the question because the other 3 can fly and would most assuredly do so during the battle while Aquaman would be standing there with his thumb up his butt just waiting. Also, Aquaman is below the other 3 characters and I feel its by a decent margin. I just don't feel like he offers much in this scenario.

Anyways, if this is current Sentry, the three of those characters have no chance of winning. I don't even think current Sentry can be hurt.

Not physically it seems.

Even Non Death Seed could win depending on his mood. Considering he defeated the Void 3 times when at his most stable. That's if of course people use him in the match up of course.

Galan007
thumb up

Sentry stated hurting his shell as he called it was pointless as the soul is what drives him. He survived having his brain smashed to pieces and reformed it again. Just as an example. Even prior to becoming 'death-amped', attacks to Sentry's physical being meant very little(if he didn't want them to, of course.)

Morgana Le Fay and Molecule Man are prime examples. thumb up

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Galan007
Even prior to becoming 'death-amped', attacks to Sentry's physical being meant very little(if he didn't want them to, of course.)

Morgana Le Fay and Molecule Man are prime examples. thumb up

The whole soul element has always been around I think. Even when Robert was reduced to a skeleton in Siege he was still battling the Void inside the Sun for control of his body. As that what he meant by "reborn again and again until the curse was removed" (in Uncany Avengers). When the Void finally left for the White Hot Room.

Seems like as mentioned Robert is more than just his body. There is another element with his soul being alive in itself it seems.

Galan007
^ Yeah.

Also, Morgana and Owen reduced Sentry to less than a skeleton--they completely atomized him into nothingness(Owen did so a few times)--yet Sentry reformed nonetheless. /shrug

One_Angry_Scot
^ Yeah.

Also, Morgana and Owen reduced Sentry to less than a skeleton--they completely atomized him into nothingness(Owen did so a few times)--yet Sentry reformed nonetheless. /shrug

Yep. One thing I always wonder is how the Apocalypse twins retrieved Robert's skeleton from the Sun. Guess we will never know.

Galan007
^ Sentry seemed to imply that the Twins just pulled him out of the sun during one of his many cycles of regeneration:
http://i.imgur.com/R4QZHwp.png

Whole scene:
http://i.imgur.com/lpDu20z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RSh30PV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Qegag3x.jpg

...And with the Kang-tech at their disposal, that would certainly be feasible.

Mindset
Is he the strongest herald level character right now?

One_Angry_Scot
^ Sentry seemed to imply that the Twins just pulled him out of the sun during one of his many cycles of regeneration:
http://i.imgur.com/sDHxzOFm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xRedXyum.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FRp9vz0m.jpg

...And with the Kang-tech at their disposal, that would certainly be feasible.

Never actually thought of that to be honest. I have looked at the many similarities between Sentry and the Ancient Mariner (from the poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner). Kind of explains a lot of his story through that.

Although then again he describes "the Light" as completely separate from a place he is in now. Almost like they brought him back from the Life Seed into the Death Seed. Which would chime with him saying "I am Life-in-Death".

But who knows I may be wrong.

I just like to chuck up discussion when ti comes to Sentry.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Mindset

Way way above Herald.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, but I wouldn't classify him as herald level. He's on a different level.

Anyways, you could add the rest of the Justice League and they'd get beaten up by him right now. Team loses.

Galan007
Anyone who can casually one-shot one of the most powerful herald-level characters in comics... Isn't a herald.

That requires peak trans-level power at the very least, imo.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, but I wouldn't classify him as herald level. He's on a different level.

Anyways, you could add the rest of the Justice League and they'd get beaten up by him right now. Team loses.

The whole context of the Celestial feat makes it even more powerful when you look into it.

The fact that Rogue asorbed the power of every hero on Earth. Then she was amping all the power she received through Hulk's gamma rays. And it was still stated that it wasn't enough. So even if it was a complete 50/50 split between them which I tend to disbelieve. Then he would already have power to match more than every hero on Earth put together.

Mindset
Anyone who can casually one-shot one of the most powerful herald-level characters in comics... Isn't a herald.

That requires peak trans-level power at the very least, imo. Didn't he just oneshot Thor?

What real herald has he faced? babby

One_Angry_Scot
I have to say it's actually quite cool to have some Sentry discussion on here.

Galan007
Didn't he just oneshot Thor?

What real herald has he faced? babby g007_teehee

Galan007
The whole context of the Celestial feat makes it even more powerful when you look into it.

The fact that Rogue asorbed the power of every hero on Earth. Then she was amping all the power she received through Hulk's gamma rays. And it was still stated that it wasn't enough. So even if it was a complete 50/50 split between them which I tend to disbelieve. Then he would already have power to match more than every hero on Earth put together. It wasn't even stated that Rogue was slowing Exitar's decent, iirc. When Sentry started helping, however, Exitar's decent was completely stopped. He definitely did more than Rogue.

...Then he flew Exitar's planet-sized shell/body/vessel(which surely weighs a LOT) into deep space, all by his lonesome. Pretty fuggin impressive, tbh.

One_Angry_Scot
It wasn't even stated that Rogue was slowing Exitar's decent, iirc. When Sentry started helping, however, Exitar's decent was completely stopped. He definitely did more than Rogue.

...Then he flew Exitar's planet-sized shell/body/vessel(which surely weighs a LOT) into deep space, all by his lonesome. Pretty fuggin impressive, tbh.

Yeah, Stark says that Rogue had all the power and it wasn't enough and that the Celestial would soon descend into the Earth's crust in a few seconds.

He even said afterwards "Whoever Wasp has holding the other foot, they've stopped the Celestials descent!". (referring to Sentry).

I really wish I knew where he was going with Exitar. It annoys me how he hasn't returned. I remain ever vigilant.

Supermex
I have to say it's actually quite cool to have some Sentry discussion on here.

I agree..

Maybe we can nail this guys lvl here.

So I wanna put this out to everyone. Is current Sentry at Thanos/Darkseid level or closer to Silver Surfer/Cls.Thor/Superman level ?

Galan007
Yeah, he didn't mention where he was flying Exitar's shell to--just that it would be "far from earth."

One_Angry_Scot
I agree..

Maybe we can nail this guys lvl here.

So I wanna put this out to everyone. Is current Sentry at Thanos/Darkseid level or closer to Silver Surfer/Cls.Thor/Superman level ?

True Darkseid is an Abstract.

I think Sentry is above Thanos but I'm worried if I offer an explanation I'm gonna get slated.

Because we had a mentally stable (non Death Seed) Sentry do this.

http://imgur.com/a/zbLAx

and this.

http://imgur.com/a/2oLjQ

So him taking on the Void like that already makes him a very strong Trans. And now to think that this Sentry has already had some crazy feats and has no Agoraphobia so isn't scared of releasing his full power really makes me wonder.

Branlor Swift
I don't know if I'd say just because she couldn't halt his descent that she definitely did less. She was afterall facing the entire force on her own. It's kind of hard to halt something when you have half the strength needed to accomplish something.

With that being said, I still think it was meant to be 50/50. Which is absolutely bananas when you think of the power Rogue contained within her. She had like every notable strongman's powers but Thor's. That's gotta be approaching sun moving at least. I would like to see someone who isn't Rem write a story about new Deathry since Rem is doing some terrible work lately. Maybe have him fight Zeus or something.

Supermex

I think Sentry is above Thanos but I'm worried if I offer an explanation I'm gonna get slated.

and this.

So him taking on the Void like that already makes him a very strong Trans. And now to think that this Sentry has already had some crazy feats and has no Agoraphobia so isn't scared of releasing his full power really makes me wonder.

I'm going by the Darky that fights the JLA from time to time.

One_Angry_Scot
Yeah, he didn't mention where he was flying Exitar's shell to--just that it would be "far from earth."

Robert warned Wasp to "prepare yourselves for the Celestial's wrath will be mighty". And if he mentioned about Exitar's energy being there perhaps he's travelling all the way to there to dump it off so Exitar can't return.

I mean if you recall Sentry seems to have a connection to it. He mentions it when he talks about Exitar and the Void saying they are both there. I mean I reckon he must know where it is at least.

One_Angry_Scot
I'm going by the Darky that fights the JLA from time to time.

I'd say he's very comfortably above that Darkseid.

One_Angry_Scot
I don't know if I'd say just because she couldn't halt his descent that she definitely did less. She was afterall facing the entire force on her own. It's kind of hard to halt something when you have half the strength needed to accomplish something.

With that being said, I still think it was meant to be 50/50. Which is absolutely bananas when you think of the power Rogue contained within her. She had like every notable strongman's powers but Thor's. That's gotta be approaching sun moving at least. I would like to see someone who isn't Rem write a story about new Deathry since Rem is doing some terrible work lately. Maybe have him fight Zeus or something.

For me it's more to do with the emphasis on the fact that it was referenced that Rogue's power wasn't enough.

If you remember Cap says to Tony "She's our only chance". So he was aware that Sentry may or may not work with them. That means Cap was at least hoping for her to stop Exitar on her own and that she was actually half of the equation. Which kind of implies as soon as he saw that Rogue failed that Sentry was the person they were falling back on.

If they knew Sentry was definitely there to join forces and lift an equal weight he wouldn't have said "she's our only chance". Rogue was either going to stop Exitar or not. She didn't so Sentry had to hopefully come in.

Galan007
I mean if you recall Sentry seems to have a connection to it. He mentions it when he talks about Exitar and the Void saying they are both there. I mean I reckon he must know where it is at least. I thought that was just in reference to the White Hot Room..?

That's where Void went when he left Sentry, and that's where Exitar went when he 'died'.

One_Angry_Scot
I thought that was just in reference to the White Hot Room..?

That's where Void went when he left Sentry, and that's where Exitar went when he 'died'.

Yeah he just said that. It just seems like his connection to it seems odd. How he suddenly became aware of it in that much that he can tell that's where Exitar's energy has gone to.

Might just be an ability to sense aura's but again how he suddenly can say where it is. A place where hardly anyone in the Marvel Universe has even heard of just sounds a bit odd to me.

riv6672
Darkseid doesn't fly.

I like Aquaman and I realize he is written now to be able to hang for awhile against he big boys when there is a fisticuff, but within a forum battle I just feel he is out of place here. No big deal. A serious Sentry wins anyways.
Seems like your mind's made up, no worries. thumb up

But this...

Darkseid doesn't fly.
Made my laugh my butt off.

Branlor Swift
For me it's more to do with the emphasis on the fact that it was referenced that Rogue's power wasn't enough.

If you remember Cap says to Tony "She's our only chance". So he was aware that Sentry may or may not work with them. That means Cap was at least hoping for her to stop Exitar on her own and that she was actually half of the equation. Which kind of implies as soon as he saw that Rogue failed that Sentry was the person they were falling back on.

If they knew Sentry was definitely there to join forces and lift an equal weight he wouldn't have said "she's our only chance". Rogue was either going to stop Exitar or not. She didn't so Sentry had to hopefully come in. That doesn't mean someone pulled more weight though. That just means they needed double the power.

Steve even said she was only 'half' of the equation. And Sentry gave them the plan in the first place iirc.

There's no indication one push was higher than the other. There's not even indication that Rogue didn't slow Exitar. All there is is proof that she didn't stop him and he was still moving. Which shouldn't be surprising and should in no way up Sentry's involvement past hers. Especially when he flew at high speeds into Exitar when Rogue was expending her effort.

50/50

One_Angry_Scot
That doesn't mean someone pulled more weight though. That just means they needed double the power.

Steve even said she was only 'half' of the equation. And Sentry gave them the plan in the first place iirc.

There's no indication one push was higher than the other. There's not even indication that Rogue didn't slow Exitar. All there is is proof that she didn't stop him and he was still moving. Which shouldn't be surprising and should in no way up Sentry's involvement past hers. Especially when he flew at high speeds into Exitar when Rogue was expending her effort.

50/50

We argued about this before and we didn't get anywhere. Best to just agree to disagree.

All I will say is Sentry couldn't have given them the plan because don't forget they all returned in their bodies at the point. Wasp, Thor and Sentry all "spawned back on the Moon except with all the previous knowledge so Robert couldn't have communicated a plan, rather have a prethought one put to him.

And Sentry didn't wasn't communicating. It must have been Kang and Cap.

Also is it okay if I PM you later?

One_Angry_Scot
Also jsut to say Wolverine was given the plan and Sentry had nothing to do with him. Wolverine wanted to return before Rogue died. So now actually while I think it was probably Kang and Wolverine who discussed it.

Branlor Swift
We argued about this before and we didn't get anywhere. Best to just agree to disagree.

All I will say is Sentry couldn't have given them the plan because don't forget they all returned in their bodies at the point. Wasp, Thor and Sentry all "spawned back on the Moon except with all the previous knowledge so Robert couldn't have communicated a plan, rather have a prethought one put to him.

And Sentry didn't wasn't communicating. It must have been Kang and Cap.

Also is it okay if I PM you later? There's zero proof Sentry did more work though. None whatsoever.

If anything he had an easier role in the feat since he rammed the foot at high speeds when 50 percent of the strength needed was already pushing it. And 50 percent of the strength was pushing for a long period of time thinking she was the only hope when the planmaker was being crazy somewhere. Not to say he wasn't as important in the actual stopping aspect but he definitely had the easier part of the process.

I guess I just don't get how being as strong as every superhero isn't enough based on secret implications that don't even drive us towards a 60/40 split even if they were presented that way.

If you want to go the secret implication route you can easily spin it to say Sentry needed Rogue to push with all her might so he could come in and put it over the top. That he needed a lot of force expended against Exitar's momentum before he could be of any help.

But no, the easiest way is to just say each supplied half the strength necessary because the comic never said or implied any different.

One_Angry_Scot
There's zero proof Sentry did more work though. None whatsoever.

If anything he had an easier role in the feat since he rammed the foot at high speeds when 50 percent of the strength needed was already pushing it. And 50 percent of the strength was pushing for a long period of time thinking she was the only hope when the planmaker was being crazy somewhere. Not to say he wasn't as important in the actual stopping aspect but he definitely had the easier part of the process.

I guess I just don't get how being as strong as every superhero isn't enough based on secret implications that don't even drive us towards a 60/40 split even if they were presented that way.

If you want to go the secret implication route you can easily spin it to say Sentry needed Rogue to push with all her might so he could come in and put it over the top. That he needed a lot of force expended against Exitar's momentum before he could be of any help.

But no, the easiest way is to just say each supplied half the strength necessary because the comic never said or implied any different.

Like I said we had this argument before so there isn't any point in repeating it. Lets agree to disagree.

Galan007
Even if Sentry just matched Rogue's output, it is still a laughably...ridiculously...retardedly uber feat for him.

Branlor Swift
Even if Sentry just matched Rogue's output, it is still a laughably...ridiculously...retardedly uber feat for him. And that's what I'm saying.

I don't get why it has to be more than that based on pretty much nothing. And by pretty much, I mean absolutely.

One_Angry_Scot
And that's what I'm saying.

I don't get why it has to be more than that based on pretty much nothing.

You're acting as if I don't know that. What does this imply?

The fact that Rogue asorbed the power of every hero on Earth. Then she was amping all the power she received through Hulk's gamma rays. And it was still stated that it wasn't enough. So even if it was a complete 50/50 split between them which I tend to disbelieve. Then he would already have power to match more than every hero on Earth put together.

I even said if you believe that it's 50/50 that he has a lot of power. I just disagree that's all.

Insane Titan

and this.

So him taking on the Void like that already makes him a very strong Trans. And now to think that this Sentry has already had some crazy feats and has no Agoraphobia so isn't scared of releasing his full power really makes me wonder. id love to hear your "reasons" as to why Sentry is above Thanos

One_Angry_Scot
id love to hear your "reasons" as to why Sentry is above Thanos

If you're going to be rude then I don't see why I should even bother answering you.

Don't put reasons in quote marks then expect me to answer a question of yours. As I am not going to answer the question of someone who is acting rudely like you are in your message.

Insane Titan
If you're going to be rude then I don't see why I should even bother answering you.

Don't put reasons in quote marks then expect me to answer a question of yours. As I am not going to answer the question of someone who is acting rudely like you are in your message. wasnt been rude all, stop been so sensitive. If you can't give your reasons that's up to you.

One_Angry_Scot
wasnt been rude all, stop been so sensitive. If you can't give your reasons that's up to you.

I'm not being sensitive. I just don't see why you feel the need to put reasons in quotation marks

I'm not feeling good right now (as I have previously discussed with you) so it's best I just leave it.

Apologies if I offended you with my reply.

riv6672
Sorry you arent feeling well.

On topic, i just dont see Sentry as being above Thanos or Darkseid.

Tony Stark
Standard SENTRY is DSENTRY

He annihilates the entire JLA let alone these 3

-Pr-

Aquaman is on or just below the physical level of the other two on his team. He's been knocking Martian Manhunter on his ass since the pre-crisis days, and right now has some of the best feats of strength he's ever had.

I don't think he'd take Sentry, mind you, but he's no weak link either.

If he had his telepathy, he'd be more of a threat.

Tony Stark

SENTRY is a High Abstract

Delta1938
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Standard SENTRY is DSENTRY

He annihilates the entire JLA let alone these 3

But not before Tony Stark gets decapitated, just 'cuz.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
Aquaman is on or just below the physical level of the other two on his team. He's been knocking Martian Manhunter on his ass since the pre-crisis days, and right now has some of the best feats of strength he's ever had.

Which is why i still think the team wins.

tkitna

Here's how I see it going down for Aquaman with a no pissing around normal Sentry. DSentry is just spite against these 3.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/powderman_22222/Sentry16.jpg

tkitna
Which is why i still think the team wins.

How does that team beat current Sentry? I cant think of any possible way unless the lasso pulls some type of miracle (and I highly doubt that's even possible).

riv6672
And i doubt Sentry is above Darkseid.

As to your scan, hard to do that when WW and AM can do

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117566/2782635-justiceleague6a-wonder-woman-stabs-darkseid.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d74e3629bfc93c7fa1a9b97d8553fbab/tumblr_mpbpp252zy1qdqhi5o2_1280.png

This.

riv6672
Mind you their stock in the DCnu has only risen since that time.

tkitna
Mind you their stock in the DCnu has only risen since that time.

That's great and all, but don't you feel jabbing a character in the eyes that actually is affected by physical harm more effective then jabbing a character in the eyes that's impervious to physical harm?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111118857/3540427-comic+scan+3781.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111118857/3540428-comic+scan+3782.jpg

Again, how exactly is stabbing Darkseid in the eyes relevant to the Sentry?

Team loses hard.

tkitna
I had to laugh at those Darkseid scans again, in that the Flash had to run Arthur over to the battle. Seriously out of place here.

One_Angry_Scot
Sentry is a Psionic being to which the physical shell means nothing. Talking about physical attacks doesn't further an argument because it wont work.

In Siege after Sentry died and was a skeleton he was alive as a soul fighting the Void for control of his body. After being completely dispersed by Morgana and Molecule Man (a few times with the latter) he can still return without a physical body.

If he wants it so the physical pain wont affect him and to be honest I don't think it is enough to prove that they win.

One_Angry_Scot
That's great and all, but don't you feel jabbing a character in the eyes that actually is affected by physical harm more effective then jabbing a character in the eyes that's impervious to physical harm?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111118857/3540427-comic+scan+3781.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111118857/3540428-comic+scan+3782.jpg

Again, how exactly is stabbing Darkseid in the eyes relevant to the Sentry?

Team loses hard.

Not to mention the scan after that where Thor smashes his brain and he is straight back up again.

riv6672
So, We have two Sentry fans debating one guy who says Sentry loses.
You guys want me to believe Sentry >Darkseid, and i dont believe it.
You obviously put no stock in my argument or my opinion of Darkseid being superior, and a good example of what might happen.

I can live with that.
No one else is posting for a Team win here, and we three arent changing our minds.

One_Angry_Scot
You obviously put no stock in my argument or my opinion of Darkseid being superior, and a good example of what might happen.

I can live with that.
No one else is posting for a Team win here, and we three arent changing our minds.

Riv I was discussing Sentry. Not talking about Darkseid in the slightest.

All I was saying is given the nature of Sentry and his powers the strategy you put forward isn't going to help when fighting Sentry.

riv6672
I understand.

I dont think AM is going to get Attuma'd either, and i wasnt debating him. Its all good.
Honestly, what else is there to say here that wont just be us spinning our wheels?

carver9
There's no spinning Wheels here. You posted scans of Darkseid being stabbed in the eye as evidence that sentry would lose when per the scans, that wouldn't even slow Sentry down. Doesn't have anything to do with Darkseid being superior or inferior, your strategy just won't work. You haven't brought anything else to the table yet which means you don't have a way for the team to win. Sentry stomps. Obvious answer.

Branlor Swift
Riv I was discussing Sentry. Not talking about Darkseid in the slightest.

All I was saying is given the nature of Sentry and his powers the strategy you put forward isn't going to help when fighting Sentry. But how can Sentry attack without eyes?

One_Angry_Scot
But how can Sentry attack without eyes?

He'd reform them soon after they were removed like he did with his brain or something like that.

Surtur
Nu version of Martian Manhunter was defeated by Midnighter. Maybe post crisis J'onn at the height of his telepathic power might be able to do something to Sentry. Not a direct attack, something more subtle, but the problem is Sentry wouldn't just stand there and let it happen.

He'd reform them soon after they were removed like he did with his brain or something like that.

He didn't just do it with his brain. He's had his body completely destroyed and come back. Though that was Sentry normally not the recent Death version, so maybe that is who you were talking about.

carver9
Midnighter didn't bear MM. The Martian was bluffing.

Branlor Swift
He'd reform them soon after they were removed like he did with his brain or something like that. No way. They stabbed Darkseid. And unless you're saying Darkseid is lower than Sentry, then stabbing his eyes would work. Darkseid eyes!

Surtur
Originally posted by carver9
Midnighter didn't bear MM. The Martian was bluffing.

Okay, but didn't it show Midnighter doing physical damage to J'onn?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
Nu version of Martian Manhunter was defeated by Midnighter. Maybe post crisis J'onn at the height of his telepathic power might be able to do something to Sentry. Not a direct attack, something more subtle, but the problem is Sentry wouldn't just stand there and let it happen.

He didn't just do it with his brain. He's had his body completely destroyed and come back. Though that was Sentry normally not the recent Death version, so maybe that is who you were talking about.

Well recently it was his brain that Thor smashed and he returned from it.
I know about the other times of course but I was discussing what was currently at hand.

riv6672
He's just making fun of my lack of viable counter argument.
Speaking of which...

There's no spinning Wheels here.
The wheels are spinning because i havent changed my mind.
Not counting the fact that this went from Sentry to DSentry parteay through the thread, i still believe the team wins.

carver9

He has fts better than the brain crushing tbh.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62144/1219324-dark_avengers_13__meganubis_megan__pg23.jpg

That's just part of what he can do.

Surtur
So hold on are you talking about death Sentry or Sentry at the height of his power?

riv6672
Who knows?

Branlor Swift
True true

carver9
He's just making fun of my lack of viable counter argument.
Speaking of which...

The wheels are spinning because i havent changed my mind.
Not counting the fact that this went from Sentry to DSentry parteay through the thread, i still believe the team wins.

The wheels stopped spinning because you do not have a counter. Your mind being made up is on you. The evidence has been given to you. You honestly don't have a counter or a reason on why the Sentry loses here. Posted scans of eye stabbing when we both know that wouldn't work. What other options do they have? Punching? With that said, we agree Sentry wins here.

carver9
So hold on are you talking about death Sentry or Sentry at the height of his power?

Death Sentry>>>>> Average Sentry. Don't think he lost any of his powers when he became DS. Honestly thought he became more powerful which is the reason I used the scan above.

One_Angry_Scot

Well it's all synonymous with the only real difference being that Sentry doesn't have Agoraphobia. So he's more powerful.

Most powerful Sentry would be Death Sentry anyway. (and the one that fought Galactus along with X-Man I guess but we don't hear much about him).

Branlor Swift
So hold on are you talking about death Sentry or Sentry at the height of his power? Death Sentry has two powerups from the Life and Death Seeds.

If you read Pak's shitty Xtermination arc and Rem's previous X-Force you'd realize it's pretty substantial. Which Sentry has shown anyway.

But he also has eyes. So he's not invincible.

carver9
Death Sentry has two powerups from the Life and Death Seeds.

If you read Pak's shitty Xtermination arc and Rem's previous X-Force you'd realize it's pretty substantial. Which Sentry has shown anyway.

But he also has eyes. So he's not invincible.

laughing out loud

riv6672
Well it's all synonymous with the only real difference being that Sentry doesn't have Agoraphobia. So he's more powerful.

Most powerful Sentry would be Death Sentry anyway. (and the one that fought Galactus along with X-Man I guess but we don't hear much about him).
The OP says
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Sentry

Vs

M.Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Aquaman

Standard form, standard gear..
If Sentry BECAME DS after his introduction then DS isnt standard form. Same as Fernus isnt MMs standard form, though it'd be handy here.

You guys can argue over who gets to post "concession accepted", but, this isnt important enough for me to keep arguing over it, and there's no one here i want to mess with enough to run this into the ground.

Branlor Swift
The OP says
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Sentry

Vs

M.Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Aquaman

If Sentry BECAME DS after his introduction then DS isnt standard form. Same as Fernus isnt MMs standard form, though it'd be handy here.

You guys can argue over who gets to post "concession accepted", but, this isnt important enough for me to keep arguing over it, and there's no one here i want to mess with enough to run this into the ground. And then the threadstarter said current Sentry and reaffirmed that he was talking about DC characters being standard form. On the same page. That's been reposted.

One_Angry_Scot
The OP says
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Sentry

Vs

M.Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Aquaman

You guys can argue over who gets to post "concession accepted", but, this isnt important enough for me to keep arguing over it, and there's no one here i want to mess with enough to run this into the ground.

I'm not arguing to get a concession I couldn't care whether someone concedes or not. That isn't important to me.

Plus anyway like I said before saying standard for Sentry wouldn't mean much as there are quite a few iterations.

But anyways Supermex said it was Death Seed Sentry anyway.

riv6672
Hey whatever floats you.
OP went out the window as soon as an offense was suggested, standard form now means any form a character's had...this may as well be a Superman thread. stick out tongue

-drops keyboard-

I'm out.

Branlor Swift
Death Sentry>>>>> Average Sentry. Don't think he lost any of his powers when he became DS. Honestly thought he became more powerful which is the reason I used the scan above. He also took another dose of his serum that made him after that scan anyway.

Also lol at the hissy fit.

One_Angry_Scot
Hey whatever floats you.
OP went out the window as soon as an offense was suggested, standard form now means any form a character's had...this may as well be a Superman thread. stick out tongue

-drops keyboard-

I'm out.

I only said to Supermex that saying standard form is vague for Sentry. I really don' see the problem I have caused.

Branlor Swift
True true

Just to make sure.

One_Angry_Scot
He also took another dose of his serum that made him after that scan anyway.

Also lol at the hissy fit.

Osborn was clever using that Serum. Made it easier for the Void to break free. So he was destabilizing Robert on purpose. He should have been more vindicated for that.

tkitna

I can live with that.

Its cool you aren't changing your mind, but why do you feel that Sentry would lose is all we're asking? I truly don't feel you think that deep down. I just feel your being stubborn at this point.

I will ask this question though, how exactly would Darkseid even beat Sentry now that we're on that subject? His greatest weapon is his Omega Beams which would accomplish nothing to a being that has reformed from a molecular level. I suppose putting Sentry down for those few seconds might count as a forum win, but when its all said and done, Sentry would still be standing in the end.

-Pr-
Here's how I see it going down for Aquaman with a no pissing around normal Sentry. DSentry is just spite against these 3.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/powderman_22222/Sentry16.jpg

That's nice, but I don't see how it's relevant to my post.

I had to laugh at those Darkseid scans again, in that the Flash had to run Arthur over to the battle. Seriously out of place here.

actually that's a team up move they used to do in the old days. aquaman's trident would still get the job done against darkseid either way.

Tony Stark
But how can Sentry attack without eyes?

confused eek! laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing sick

tkitna
That's nice, but I don't see how it's relevant to my post.

I wasn't trying to debate your post, but merely stating my opinion of how easily Sentry would disperse of Arthur.

I'm sure it would if Darkseid stood there and allowed him to do so. I'm guessing Darkseid probably wouldn't.

-Pr-
I wasn't trying to debate your post, but merely stating my opinion of how easily Sentry would disperse of Arthur.

I'm sure it would if Darkseid stood there and allowed him to do so. I'm guessing Darkseid probably wouldn't.

that's fine. I don't agree unless we're talking Death Sentry, as he seems a cut above.

You don't think he could replicate the feat?

One_Angry_Scot
that's fine. I don't agree unless we're talking Death Sentry, as he seems a cut above.

You don't think he could replicate the feat?

I think that Sentry could mess with Arthur. That was the same Sentry who defeated the Void twice.

It was from Sentry #5-8 that the fights occurred.

(Although I didn't know if your reply to tkitna isn't referring to a fight but rather what Sentry did to Attuma)

You know what I am like for needing clarification.

Surtur

Well wait, then if you're using feats from his entire career then this is a horrible stomp. The "stab him in the eyes" thing is hilarious. He comes back from being exploded completely. He also has super hearing and other super senses. Even if you could blind him, it wouldn't hinder him majorly when it comes to finding his target. Plus he has area effect energy attacks.

Sentry at one point was in the microverse and was fighting Genis and they were putting out enough energy that people in the normal universe could see flares of energy. This fight isn't even close.

-Pr-
I think that Sentry could mess with Arthur. That was the same Sentry who defeated the Void twice.

It was from Sentry #5-8 that the fights occurred.

(Although I didn't know if your reply to tkitna isn't referring to a fight but rather what Sentry did to Attuma)

You know what I am like for needing clarification.

I just mean the Sentry in general. I don't see him straight up murdering Arthur the way he did, say, Ares.

I'm sure I don't rate Sentry quite as highly as you might, though.

One_Angry_Scot
I just mean the Sentry in general. I don't see him straight up murdering Arthur the way he did, say, Ares.

Ah okay thanks for the help -Pr-.

Have you got any updates on the Superman respect thread?

-Pr-
Ah okay thanks for the help -Pr-.

Have you got any updates on the Superman respect thread?

I'm far slower than I had wanted to be, but progress is progress. I'm actually sitting with several windows open at the same time. Lots of stuff to juggle lol.

that, and i'm reading every issue 2-3 times to make sure I don't miss anything. at the speed I read, stuff slips by me sometimes.

One_Angry_Scot
I'm far slower than I had wanted to be, but progress is progress. I'm actually sitting with several windows open at the same time. Lots of stuff to juggle lol.

that, and i'm reading every issue 2-3 times to make sure I don't miss anything. at the speed I read, stuff slips by me sometimes.

Awesome.

Be sure to PM me when you're done.

riv6672
Awesome.

Be sure to PM me when you're done.

Hey Scot, just wanted to apologize.
I should never have used the tridenr/sword to the eye scenario as an argument.
If i'd just gone for a more concise

Team would punch Sentry's dick off.

I could have saved us both a ton of grief, as that attack just cant be defended against. smile

One_Angry_Scot
Hey Scot, just wanted to apologize.
I should never have used the tridenr/sword to the eye scenario as an argument.
If i'd just gone for a more concise

Team would punch Sentry's dick off.

I could have saved us both a ton of grief, as that attack just cant be defended against. smile

Okay.

riv6672
thumb up

-Pr-
I don't even know if the team would win.

I just hate when people lowball certain characters.

One_Angry_Scot
thumb up

thumb down

riv6672
I don't even know if the team would win.

I just hate when people lowball certain characters.
Same.

Surtur

The guy killed Molecule Man and was shown casually breaking all the bones in Hulk's body. Yes indeedy he could straight up kill Aquaman.

Insane Titan
The guy killed Molecule Man and was shown casually breaking all the bones in Hulk's body. Yes indeedy he could straight up kill Aquaman. he killed a weaker incompetent MM and Hulk was calm due to Sentrys aura

One_Angry_Scot
he killed a weaker incompetent MM and Hulk was calm due to Sentrys aura

It was Void who broke Hulks bones and he wasn't calm because of his aura. What happened is that Sentry just told Hulk that there was no danger. The aura comes into play but not for the same reason I think you're speaking of.

(correct me if you're talking about something different)

Insane Titan
It was Void who broke Hulks bones and he wasn't calm because of his aura. What happened is that Sentry just told Hulk that there was no danger. he was calm due to his aura as it worked before on Hulk

One_Angry_Scot
he was calm due to his aura as it worked before on Hulk

I was saying in my edited message that it was a mix of the 2. Hulk was scared of the Void and as soon as Sentry said he wasn't there he was cool. That's what I meant.

Are we cool now?

Surtur
It was Void who broke Hulks bones and he wasn't calm because of his aura. What happened is that Sentry just told Hulk that there was no danger. The aura comes into play but not for the same reason I think you're speaking of.

(correct me if you're talking about something different)

Just to note, Void IS Sentry. They are one in the same. But even if you wanted to just go by feats he does specifically as Sentry..the way Sentry handled Terrax shows he'd still stomp Aquaman.

Second, even if the Hulk was calm, breaking all the bones in his body still shows Aquaman has zero chance.

he killed a weaker incompetent MM and Hulk was calm due to Sentrys aura

Sweet lets just focus on this for now. True, this MM was not at the height of his strength, but he was still doing stuff like utterly destroying Sentry's body. Better yet, Aquaman fights the version of MM Sentry did, what do you feel happens?

Insane Titan
Just to note, Void IS Sentry. They are one in the same.

Second, even if the Hulk was calm, breaking all the bones in his body still shows Aquaman has zero chance.

Sweet lets just focus on this for now. True, this MM was not at the height of his strength, but he was still doing stuff like utterly destroying Sentry's body. Better yet, Aquaman fights the version of MM Sentry did, what do you feel happens? don't care about Aquaman vs Sentry.

Just the fact MM Sentry beat wasn't the uber MM posters try and make others believe.

One_Angry_Scot
Just to note, Void IS Sentry. They are one in the same.

Sweet lets just focus on this for now. True, this MM was not at the height of his strength, but he was still doing stuff like utterly destroying Sentry's body. Better yet, Aquaman fights the version of MM Sentry did, what do you feel happens?

They're not one in the same. The Void is Robert Reynolds himself, the one who was a drug addict.

The Sentry is Robert's manifestation of good.

They are very different.

Surtur
don't care about Aquaman vs Sentry.

Just the fact MM Sentry beat wasn't the uber MM posters try and make others believe.

Okay here is the thing though, MM does not need to be at his highest power levels in order for Sentry defeating him to be impressive. Just the stuff he was doing in the comic Sentry beat him in puts him far above anything Aquaman could handle.

They're not one in the same. The Void is Robert Reynolds himself, the one who was a drug addict.

The Sentry is Robert's manifestation of good.

They are very different.

You are not getting me. They are different persona's, but Sentry can do anything Void can do, strength wise. It makes no sense to suggest otherwise, guy has a split personality basically.

But okay, even if you want to use only non-void feats, the way Sentry handled Terrax shows he still stomps Arthur.

DarkSaint85
Okay here is the thing though, MM does not need to be at his highest power levels in order for Sentry defeating him to be impressive. Just the stuff he was doing in the comic Sentry beat him in puts him far above anything Aquaman could handle.

Not really, I've never seen MM do thiis:

https://retconpunchdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/baby-greens.jpg

Surtur
Well you got me there, I too have never seen Molecule Man lounging around next to what appears to be a Walrus made of plant matter.

Insane Titan

You are not getting me. They are different persona's, but Sentry can do anything Void can do, strength wise. It makes no sense to suggest otherwise, guy has a split personality basically.

But okay, even if you want to use only non-void feats, the way Sentry handled Terrax shows he still stomps Arthur. MM at his highest power was wrecking universes n crap when fighting the Beyonder. That MM's power is way beyond anything Sentry has ever shown and wouldn't have got destroyed the way he did

DarkSaint85
Well you got me there, I too have never seen Molecule Man lounging around next to what appears to be a Walrus made of plant matter.

thumb up Sipping martinis, no less. In this, Aquaman > all.

Surtur
MM at his highest power was wrecking universes n crap when fighting the Beyonder. That MM's power is way beyond anything Sentry has ever shown and wouldn't have got destroyed the way he did

Okay I guess I need to keep repeating this: I'm not saying this MM was as potent as when he fought the Beyonder or anything. What I am saying is the feats the guy did have in the specific story..and the fact Sentry could kill him..means Aquaman ain't giving him any type of a fight.

In other words, guy wouldn't have to be anywhere NEAR his highest levels for Sentry killing him to mean he f*ck stomps Aquaman.

But really, we can just look at other feats. He wasn't even phased when Terrax hits him, and then takes the guy out with no problems. Aquaman will not only be going down, he won't be putting up much of a fight here.

One_Angry_Scot

But okay, even if you want to use only non-void feats, the way Sentry handled Terrax shows he still stomps Arthur.

It was only a misunderstanding. I agree with you in that case.

I'm in agreement with you. I mean I argue Sentry can dominate Void in Strength and Power if he wants to.

Apologies for the confusion Surtur.

tkitna

Death Sentry is the character the OP specified.

For the record, I hold Arthur above Attuma, but I feel DSentry could pull off that same feat. A normal Sentry in his right mind could probably do so also.

One other thing about Sentry, I don't hold his beating the Void in such high regards as OAS or some others. While the Void has shown to be formidable, I still feel he is a physic manifestation of Reynolds and thus they are kind of each others kryptonite. Even though the Sentry probably has the power to do what the Void has done on panel, he has never displayed it in battles and so forth. Siege can be brought up but I feel that's one of the weakest showings for the Void actually. Just my thoughts.

celeyhyga17
Death Sentry is the character the OP specified.

For the record, I hold Arthur above Attuma, but I feel DSentry could pull off that same feat. A normal Sentry in his right mind could probably do so also.

One other thing about Sentry, I don't hold his beating the Void in such high regards as OAS or some others. While the Void has shown to be formidable, I still feel he is a physic manifestation of Reynolds and thus they are kind of each others kryptonite. Even though the Sentry probably has the power to do what the Void has done on panel, he has never displayed it in battles and so forth. Siege can be brought up but I feel that's one of the weakest showings for the Void actually. Just my thoughts.

thumb up
Agree about Void. It's more a mind game with Sentry when dealing with the Void.

Surtur
Yeah, I always just saw the Voiid as his darkside.. It's just Bob is so powerful his darkside actually manifests. He also kisses it before throwing it into the sun at one point.

celeyhyga17
Yeah, I always just saw the Voiid as his darkside.. It's just Bob is so powerful his darkside actually manifests. He also kisses it before throwing it into the sun at one point.
laughing

It's either he pulled off the kiss of death a la Michael Corleone or he just loves himself.

One_Angry_Scot

I'd say that's the Void kissing Bob. The Void doesn't wan't Bob to throw him into the Sun and he even says I love you, I promise I do. I don't think Sentry would ever kiss the Void.

At least that's my take on it.

Surtur
I'd say that's the Void kissing Bob. The Void doesn't wan't Bob to throw him into the Sun and he even says I love you, I promise I do. I don't think Sentry would ever kiss the Void.

At least that's my take on it.

Maybe, but Sentry totally lets it happen for a lot longer then it should of if he didn't want it to happen.

It does make sense. Sentry is too crazy to f*ck anyone but himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.