Superman/Captain Marvel/Martian Manhunter best showing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
DCnu versions.
Which of DCs arguably 3 most powerful mainstays does best against:

The Defenders:
1. Dr. Strange (classic)
2. Professor Hulk
3. Silver Surfer
3. Namor

And why?
Not a team vs team fight. Each is one on four.

DarkSaint85
Cue 20 pages of Supes taking on EVERYONE and winning.

I'd actually go for Billy.

riv6672
Interesting choice.
Any particular reason? I honestly think each has a unique advantage. Supes is the strongest physically, Cap has magical resistance, MM has the best variety of powers...

DarkSaint85
Supes IS the strongest, but against these weak feebs, Billy would be enough stick out tongue

Plus, mainly for the magic resistance.

riv6672
laughing

Thanks, DS....!

Delta1938
Copy/paste what I said where else ya came up with this. If you didn't intend Pre-FLASHPOINT, then disregard.

Due to using "Captain Marvel" I'll assume the Pre-FLASHPOINT versions.

I would definitely go Superman.

Both Cap and J'onn have certain advantages Superman doesn't have, but I'm not really aware of either having much against teams. J'onn does have a showing where he looked quite good against a JLA team that included Superman and Orion, but I really don't think the shape-shifting trick he used would last long. Plus, he had unasked for help by Malefic(who was attacking the JLA to frame J'onn). He only has one other showing against a team I can think of, and it wasn't nearly as impressive a team as the JLA.

Superman does have a solid track record against teams, doing well or winning. So yeah, I'd say he does the best of the three.

riv6672
DCnu is DCnu...stick out tongue

Good reasoning either way.

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
DCnu is DCnu...stick out tongue

Good reasoning either way.

embarrasment I missed that part. But since there's no Captain Marvel in the DCnU to my knowledge, I guess I'll go with him since due tomystical resistance and I've seen little team fighting from either of the others.

riv6672
Originally posted by Delta1938
embarrasment I missed that part. But since there's no Captain Marvel in the DCnU to my knowledge, I guess I'll go with him since due tomystical resistance and I've seen little team fighting from either of the others.
Cap's been in the DCnu a while now. Crappy costume and all...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/smallville/images/5/52/2601332-12.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140625013100

Delta1938
Cap's been in the DCnu a while now. Crappy costume and all...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/smallville/images/5/52/2601332-12.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140625013100

So they've renamed him "Captain Marvel?"

riv6672
Yea, just to confuse you. yes

Delta1938
Yea, just to confuse you. yes

I'm going to track you down and send General Smaggle Puffs after you as revenge.

Star428
Assuming that CIS is off, I really think that MM would perform the best against that team. His intangibility/invisibilty/shape-shifting and mind powers plus his mid to high herald-level physical stats are hard for most any character to deal with in a forum setting. Of course, in a comic book the writers always make him look like a chump though.

carver9
Martian Manhunter

Branlor Swift
DCnu versions.

The Defenders:
1. Dr. Strange (classic)
2. Professor Hulk
3. Silver Surfer
3. Namor

And why?
Not a team vs team fight. Each is one on four. "Who would do better against a team that would utterly crush them in a matter of seconds?"

Also Billy solos.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
"Who would do better against a team that would utterly crush them in a matter of seconds?"

Also Billy solos.

I've never seen the team create a ping pong table.

riv6672
Haha^^^

Also...stick out tongue
Why would i ask who does best against an opponent or opponents they can all beat? Thats kind are-tarded.

Branlor Swift
Haha^^^

Also...stick out tongue
Why would i ask who does best against an opponent or opponents they can all beat? Thats kind are-tarded. Yes retarded...

But yeah, one guy can last a second longer than the other. What better way is there to compare people?

riv6672
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
What better way is there to compare people?
On a message board?
People who post in threads they dont see value in, moaning and hoping to come off as too good for the threads, and people who ignore those threads. smile

Branlor Swift
Damage control

Your thread is stupid. I'm telling you why it makes no sense. My contributions have no say in the thought process of this thread.

You can not adequately compare people in a thread where they get wiped out in seconds. This thread has zero value as indicated by you continuing to bump the thread since it's useless. This isn't an eventually defeat incoming where a confrontation can be prolonged due to an inability to immediately end a fight but still hopeless. This is a stomp in seconds.

Way to take passive criticism so well though prior to this. Cue some butthurt because you spent so long thinking about such a stupid thread.

zopzop
DCnu versions.

The Defenders:
1. Dr. Strange (classic)
2. Professor Hulk
3. Silver Surfer
3. Namor

And why?
Not a team vs team fight. Each is one on four.
Obviously, all three of them lose.

As to who does the best :
1) Superman
2) Martian Manhunter
distant 3) Captain Marvel.

As to why :
1) Superman can possibly a) Speedblitz KO Strange, b) HV Namor, c) BFR Hulk. Even if he manages to pull that off perfectly, he has to deal with Surfer and none of those options are gonna work (and Surfer wouldn't just be standing around there twiddling his thumbs while Superman was working over his teammates).

2) Martian Manhunter can open by being intangible thus making Namor and Hulk's physical attacks useless. He can then try to mindblast them. Namor and possibly Hulk would fall but Strange and Surfer would still be standing.

3) Captain Marvel does the worst. He's not as versatile as Superman or MM. He's like a D list Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop

1) Superman
2) Martian Manhunter

As to why :
1) Superman can possibly a) Speedblitz KO Strange, b) HV Namor, c) BFR Hulk. Even if he manages to pull that off perfectly, he has to deal with Surfer and none of those options are gonna work (and Surfer wouldn't just be standing around there twiddling his thumbs while Superman was working over his teammates).

2) Martian Manhunter can open by being intangible thus making Namor and Hulk's physical attacks useless. He can then try to mindblast them. Namor and possibly Hulk would fall but Strange and Surfer would still be standing.

3) Captain Marvel does the worst. He's not as versatile as Superman or MM. He's like a D list Superman.
Bran is coming to your home right now. Run Zop, run.

celeyhyga17
Superman - he's got the best record of the three on versing teams. Still pointless pick because he'd get murdered by this team.
Shazam - gets murdered a little earlier.
Martian - gets murdered even earlier.

riv6672
Damage control

Your thread is stupid. I'm telling you why it makes no sense. My contributions have no say in the thought process of this thread.

You can not adequately compare people in a thread where they get wiped out in seconds. This thread has zero value as indicated by you continuing to bump the thread since it's useless. This isn't an eventually defeat incoming where a confrontation can be prolonged due to an inability to immediately end a fight but still hopeless. This is a stomp in seconds.

Way to take passive criticism so well though prior to this. Cue some butthurt because you spent so long thinking about such a stupid thread.

laughing

riv6672

1) Superman
2) Martian Manhunter

As to why :

Ha, nice breakdowns!
And thanks for getting the fact that none of them were supposed to win.

Branlor Swift
And thanks for getting the fact that none of them were supposed to win. laughing out loud

Illiteracy

riv6672
Thanks for bumping my thread. smile

Branlor Swift
Two minutes after is a great bump.

But alright, last "bump". Wouldn't want to get the thread closed down. smile

riv6672
Sure you would.big grin

LordofBrooklyn
J'onn can be tactical at times. If he scans their minds he should be able to perceive that Norrin is the most dangerous and try to take him down with telepathy.

What is the glinting bastard's psi resistance?

riv6672
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t435617.html

This is a discussion on the subject from KMC itself...

LordofBrooklyn
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t435617.html

This is a discussion on the subject from KMC itself...

I rule that the Manhunter CAN overwhelm the Surfer psionically!

riv6672
Based on...?
Not disagreeing, BTW. my knee jerk reaction is to concur.

relentless1
The Martian. He's just as strong as Superman but his intangibility and telepathy is what gives him the edge over the other two

Sin I AM
Surfer or Strange bfr instantly. Non fight and if bfr isn't available, surfer solos. Come at me

relentless1
speed of light > speed of thought, MM or Superman KOs Strange

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I rule that the Manhunter CAN overwhelm the Surfer psionically!
https://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/overruled.jpg

Your time away from the boards has driven you mad!

LordofBrooklyn
https://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/overruled.jpg

Your time away from the boards has driven you mad!

I am THE KING OF CANON!

My judgements cannot be overruled!

J'onn has the feats to make Surfer his puppet!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Surfer or Strange bfr instantly. Non fight and if bfr isn't available, surfer solos. Come at me

Surfer solos a lighweight herald like Thor.

The Glinting Bastard cannot pull it off against The Man of Steel or Marvel!

Sin I AM
Meh. Surfer is everything Clark aspires to be. No contest

-Pr-

I thought we were friends, but the minute I turn my back, I find you lubing up... sad

abhilegend
On cbr. Not in comics.

Delta1938
Originally posted by -Pr-
I thought we were friends, but the minute I turn my back, I find you lubing up... sad

eek!

.....wut?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
wink giggitty

LordofBrooklyn

If Clark aspired to be an emasculated, cowardly, accomplice to murder then you'd be right.

relentless1
If Clark aspired to be an emasculated, cowardly, accomplice to murder then you'd be right.

Delta1938

LordofBrokeback finally got a good zinger!!

riv6672
Clark is Black Bolt now? Whoa.

LordofBrooklyn
Clark is Black Bolt now? Whoa.

Be very careful.

riv6672
Or?

Delta1938
Or?

He'll bite your ankles.

riv6672
I wear boots. thumb up

Delta1938
I wear boots. thumb up

Then outside your ears possibly hurting from high pitched yelping, you've got nothing to fear. thumb up

riv6672
Good night, ladies and germs, this thread's done! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.