Spider-man Vs who, exactly?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Over the years and different sites, i've read multiple times how Spidey is the the best example of the highest end street leveller Marvel has.
Believable facing low end foes and fighting street crime but still able to pull off great showings/actual wins against top tiers. His mix of powers/skills place him in a really unique position this way.

On the DC side, opinions always seem to vary.
So, your choice...
With the DCnu firmly in place, what character can best be described as being at "Spider-man level", AND, how does your choice do against Dpidey in a no prep no BFR battle, city setting?

Scoobless
DC seems to prefer developing higher powered characters

....Deathstroke? maybe a little lower powered, but equally able to regularly fight high or low level opponents

krisblaze
I'd take Spidey over Deathstroke I think.

riv6672
Isnt current Slade all Nth metalled out?

Digi
No idea. Pete's always been a bit hard to pin down. Even his position at low meta in our tier rankings is probably incorrect, given the volume and breadth of his feats and showings.

Originally posted by riv6672
Isnt current Slade all Nth metalled out?

Stuff like that is almost always destined not to last. Unless otherwise stated, we tend not to consider special iterations of characters in vs. threads.

On paper Slade loses to Spidey. But in his showings, yes, he's displayed the ability to transcend his position to take it to higher tiers. Not unlike SM.

riv6672
I agree on Spidey's being hard to pin down, which inspired this thread.
Didnt know Slade's Nth was temporary. The way it keeps getting brought up here i thought it was standard for his DCnu self.
So yeah, without Nth Slade's not a bad choice, though i wonder if there are better ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.