Read this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revanchiste

Nephthys
Translated:

With us, it's called or how loose destroy the myth and desecrate the Mandalorians. After years of expanded universe showing us the Mandalorians as a warrior people who stop at nothing, George Lucas and Dave Filloni give us their personal vision of the Mandalorians in a tetralogy of The Clone Wars aired dice 2010. Fear among fans, the Mandalorians have become pacifists. We lost many fans after myocardial repeatedly. How dare touch the sacrosanct EU myth. Yet nothing can stop the steamroller Lucasfilm Animation, as I will explain.

In the Star Wars timeline, there is a period of prosperity and peace, as the years pass, no longer has that name. This period between - 1 000 - 19 would have seen, according to the new official chronology, a devastating conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorians. In - 730, the Republic decided to put an end to the Mandalorian threat and launched a cataclysmic attack that destroyed the surface of the planet Mandalore. It was such a trauma Mandalorians turned to new values: tolerance and pacifism ... No but no joke !!!!

It smokes severe in Lucasfilm Animation anyway. Fortunately, Leland Chee usa wisely its role as guardian of the Holocron, for once, standing out the Death Watch us a belligerent organization does not recognize the Duchess Satine (pacifist Mandalorian leader) as a legitimate leader and denying the new principles of the Mandalorians. Fortunately, the Mandalorian myth was preserved but was badly shaken by the departure of Karen Traviss. Mandalorians again became later they were overthrowing the pacifist government during the era of the Galactic Empire. Here's how, with a single media said "more legitimate" than the others, Lucasfilm Animation at very nearly succeed in destroying one of the EU's most important elements ... But all's well that ends well until the next time.

Zenwolf
Not sure what is new about this, kinda something already known.

Revanchiste

red8
Times change, people change, I don't see the problem. I thought the Mandolorians being pacifists was a nice twist. It doesn't necessarily retcon their warrior-culture history.

People complain about the Star Wars Galaxy being so static all the time and then when things actually change, they don't like it.

Q99
Originally posted by red8
Times change, people change, I don't see the problem. I thought the Mandolorians being pacifists was a nice twist. It doesn't necessarily retcon their warrior-culture history.

People complain about the Star Wars Galaxy being so static all the time and then when things actually change, they don't like it.

Yes. And it still had the Death Watch around no less.

People change. That makes sense!

First, wandering barbarian hordes. Then an expanding empire. Then mercenaries from a specific world. Then... well, settling down.

Emperordmb
No that's people with fiction in general. In a franchise, if something's relatively the same as what came out before it, the one that came out first is better because it's "more original," but if something change's, people will ***** about how it wasn't the same as the original one.

ares834

psmith81992
https://gfishoutofwater.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

Revanchiste

They ****in survive the mandalorian war man, it's in their culture ! As long as a warrior live the mandalorian still live they believe than they are an ideologie.
They are pragmatic as hell they easly accept death...
Mandalorian are the symbol of eternity, eternal glory, they will never change....

"Originally posted by Emperordmb
No that's people with fiction in general. In a franchise, if something's relatively the same as what came out before it, the one that came out first is better because it's "more original," but if something change's, people will ***** about how it wasn't the same as the original one.
You can improve without destroy. Reinforce certain aspect by adding certains elements, you can supress all the flops. But don't attack the heart or the gold with shit.

Originally posted by psmith81992
https://gfishoutofwater.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg
Go **** yourself mother ****ing texan boy.
Is that a decent answer?

Sinious
Originally posted by Revanchiste

Go **** yourself mother ****ing texan boy.
Is that a decent answer?

That was perfect. thumb up

carthage
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.