Nvidia GDC Presentation (GTFIH PC Gamers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/03/04/nvidia-gdc-presentation

So apparently, Nvidia is about to announce something they promise will "redfine the future of gaming." You can watch their presentation in the link above. Its going to start soon. People have been getting pretty hyped for this.

-Pr-
Hopefully not another "4gb but not really" graphics card.

Arachnid1
It's a new console. And it plays next gen games. I already saw Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, and now MGSV

-Pr-
Like a steam box?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by -Pr-
Like a steam box? Its like the Apple TV. It has a bunch of functions, but the most important is The Grid, which is a netflix streaming service, except it streams video games at PC quality to your TV for a subscription.

Depending on the price of the subscription, this seems definitely worth it. Think of it as similar to paying for online on the One or PS4.

-Pr-
It looks great, but... I'd need really good internet to use it.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by -Pr-
It looks great, but... I'd need really good internet to use it. Apparently not according to these guys. Its doable with alright internet

The also have a cheaper streaming service at 720p and 30 fps

I think I'll need to hear more to give up on my one, but I was seriously about to buy a PS4 tomorrow. Now I may wait it out. I need to learn about this inside and out before I decide

-Pr-
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Apparently not according to these guys. Its doable with alright internet

The also have a cheaper streaming service at 720p and 30 fps

I think I'll need to hear more to give up on my one, but I was seriously about to buy a PS4 tomorrow. Now I may wait it out. I need to learn about this inside and out before I decide

They say that, but I worry about how in tune they are with the internet a lot of people have available to them.

Smasandian
Not interested.

From my experience from any sort of streaming is that it's not as good as direct line from the console/PC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.