EA Shuts Down Deveolper Maxis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Another victim of EA

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/4/8149791/ea-closes-maxis-simcity-the-sims

-Pr-
eh, maxis has plenty of blame on them too, tbh.

Kazenji
They're both just as bad as each other these days.

-Pr-
Pretty much. At least EA is trying to repair their reputation some. And it isn't "all" of Maxis, so that's something.

Really not surprised anyway, and at least they're keeping the IPs and giving the people chances to find new jobs.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-

Really not surprised anyway, and at least they're keeping the IPs and giving the people chances to find new jobs.

But that's all EA has done buy out company's, Force the developers to change everything about the game to fit their business model and then when the game sells poorly, they shut the company down

i guess that's plus keeping the SimCity Ip from it all.

Smasandian
I don't buy it that it's all EA's fault.

Other franchises have flourished so why would EA destroy Maxis but not destroy other brands.

Could be the case that the developer wasn't producing. Unsure what happens behind scenes but Maxis hasn't really produced anything good since SimCity 4. Does anybody remember Spore?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
Does anybody remember Spore?

I do, Never played it tho.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
But that's all EA has done buy out company's, Force the developers to change everything about the game to fit their business model and then when the game sells poorly, they shut the company down

i guess that's plus keeping the SimCity Ip from it all.

I'm not saying EA hasn't done it in the past. They did it with Westwood, Bullfrog and the old Bioware, to name but three.

I just don't lay all the blame on EA this time. Maxis weren't exactly pulling their weight, imo.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't buy it that it's all EA's fault.

Other franchises have flourished so why would EA destroy Maxis but not destroy other brands.

Could be the case that the developer wasn't producing. Unsure what happens behind scenes but Maxis hasn't really produced anything good since SimCity 4. Does anybody remember Spore?

Ah, Spore. Could have been so much more.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ah, Spore. Could have been so much more.

Nah. the concept was always a truly awful thing but Wright wouldn't listen.

Jmanghan
Ah, spore, could have been so much more, but they had to turn into a whore.

Dramatic Gecko
Simant~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.