Best Movie-Based games ever made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
What are your favorite movie-based games? I'd have to say... The Riddick games, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

BlackZero30x
Riddick was fun and the Origins games was good....better then the movie actually lol Im gonna add the Captain America game though. It could have been better but imo it was a solid 7/10

-Pr-
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Riddick was fun and the Origins games was good....better then the movie actually lol Im gonna add the Captain America game though. It could have been better but imo it was a solid 7/10

Never played the Cap game, but it looked like a lot of fun.

========

I actually liked Batman Begins.

Not nearly as good as the Arkham games, but very playable and enjoyable in places.

Never played Riddick, heard good things.

Spider-Man 2 was fun back in the day.

Showing my age here, but Dune. Holy shit, I loved that game. It was the game that got me in to RTS games.

Also forgot:

The LEGO games. Any one of them based on a movie is pure gold.

ares834
I'm assuming we are talking about strict movie adaptations and not spin-off games like Battlefront.

In that case, Spider-Man 2.

Although I've always had a soft spot for Return of the King.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

the Capt game was alright, Felt like they were trying to make it similar to the Arkham games with you running around in Baron Zemo's castle

one thing i felt they went overboard with was the collectables.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by -Pr-
Never played the Cap game, but it looked like a lot of fun.

========

I actually liked Batman Begins.

Not nearly as good as the Arkham games, but very playable and enjoyable in places.

Never played Riddick, heard good things.

Spider-Man 2 was fun back in the day.

Showing my age here, but Dune. Holy shit, I loved that game. It was the game that got me in to RTS games.

Also forgot:

The LEGO games. Any one of them based on a movie is pure gold.

It really is a good game and hell yes to the Lego Games!

Originally posted by Kazenji
the Capt game was alright, Felt like they were trying to make it similar to the Arkham games with you running around in Baron Zemo's castle

one thing i felt they went overboard with was the collectables. I always thought it could have been better but I was surprised by how much fun I had with it. I didn't mind the collectables though. I just looked them all up online.

Kazenji
Didn't even need to look for them online when they appeared on the map screen.

Nemesis X
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It's two generations old and it's still one of the better SW games.

Estacado
Wolverine was pretty solid.

Quincy
Return of the King

Spawningpool
The game was very mediocre but kick ass

Reflassshh
King Kong was rad.

Smasandian
Riddick. A total surprise when released. Still the best. Great game.

ares834
Originally posted by Reflassshh
King Kong was rad.

Oh yeah, that was great. Loved how little ammo you had forcing you to conserve it.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by ares834
Oh yeah, that was great. Loved how little ammo you had forcing you to conserve it. Yeah, I remember killing a t-rex with bones and spears. I always try to conserve ammo in games and like the added difficulty so I didn't mind. thumb up

And being able to play as the giant gorilla was a good plus too, cool game overall.

BlackZero30x
Didn't even need to look for them online when they appeared on the map screen.

True but I usually look up collectables for every game. I guess its a side effect of being an Achievement whore. lol

Ridley_Prime
No mention of Goldeneye? For shame.

Quincy
Goldeneye wasn't a real game, you dreamed it and none of us will correct you

Smasandian
Shit, I totally forgot about Goldeneye,

KCJ506
Goldeneye
The Warriors

Kazenji
Never played Goldeneye back in the day on the N64, My only experience with it is on the emulator and it was shit.

Ridley_Prime
It hasn't aged very well admittedly like a lot of 3D games on systems back then, but emulators can worsen an experience with a game, so there's that. Still, it changed first person shooters forever.

Kazenji
Maybe console FPS

FPS in general didn't really need Goldeneye's help.

Smasandian
Well,

1. Brought FPS to the console market and made it really, really popular.
2. Brilliant computer AI for the time.
3. Context sensitive damage to enemies (meaning the react to where you shoot them)
4. Had stealth gameplay for an FPS
5. Zoomable weapons (the sniper for example)
6. Objective based missions based on your difficulty level (something games should do again)
7. And doing a kickass split screen FPS multiplayer.

Remember this game came out before Thief, Half Life and such. It did alot things new for the genre. And you can say, "well, maybe console FPS" but that's still important. Maybe FPS on the console would of been set back a few years if publishers didn't realize FPS could be done well and be extremely popular. ****, Goldeneye sold the N64.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian

5. Zoomable weapons (the sniper for example)

Jedi Knight 2 also had that at the time

So did many other games at the time.

Nibedicus
KOTOR.

Ridley_Prime
That were shooters? Hardly.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nibedicus
KOTOR. Doesn't count.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Doesn't count.

How come? It's based on the Star Wars universe which started off as a movie...

ares834

That came out years after Goldeneye.

jaden101
Not a direct film game but I liked Matrix: Path of Neo.

Smasandian

For FPS, like what?

FPS around that time revolved around the Doom/Quake formula. I can't think of an FPS that did it.

Smasandian

Like 5 years after that.

The game does show it's age, no doubt about it but it was a very important game for the industry and the FPS genre.

Tzeentch
Return of the King

Jmanghan
How come? It's based on the Star Wars universe which started off as a movie... Its based off the Star Wars universe.

Nibedicus
Its based off the Star Wars universe.

Which started off as a movie.

Kinda like Arkham Games are based off the DC universe. But meh, if you want it to be games based on the specific movie itself rather than based on the universe created by the movie, up to you. But you're excluding a ton of games...

Jmanghan
The Arkham games don't count either, dude.

The riddick games count because they expanded upon the movies, KOTOR isn't
even canon..

Nibedicus
The Arkham games don't count either, dude.

The riddick games count because they expanded upon the movies, KOTOR isn't
even canon..

Meh. Your thread, your criteria, i guess.

Don't agree with it but your thread.

Smasandian
I would agree with him.

I never once heard people say "KOTOR is a great game based on a movie."

They would say, "it's a great use of the Star Wars franchise".

Tzeentch
Which started off as a movie. That still doesn't make it based off of a movie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
F
FPS around that time revolved around the Doom/Quake formula. I can't think of an FPS that did it.

I'm pretty sure Quake 2 had Objective based missions, Which also came out the same year as Goldeneye

Nope. The same year

also ment Dark Forces 2.

Smasandian
You gave two examples of games that did things like Goldeneye and both of them came out the same year (after Goldeneye but that doesn't matter) but you say it didn't do anything important....

I still believe Goldeneye mission structure is still important but it was based on difficulty settings. Quake 2 had objectives but it was just an excuse to shoot something. In Goldenee, it depending on what setting you had it at. The first level, the dam, had an entire section of its map for an objective and unless you explored the area you wouldn't of found it unless you played at a higher objective. I still think that's very important and wish current games follow that.

Also, you are forgetting that Goldeneye proved to publishers that FPS can be done consoles. How is that not important?

Do you know how ID Software became famous? It might be Wolfenstein but they created Commander Keen, which was a feat of programming because nobody thought a platformer could be done on a PC. Yes, Super Mario Bros came out before but when Id Software released Commander Keen, important people took notice because nobody thought it could be done.

Is that more important than Wolfenstien? Nope, but it doesn't mean it didn't mean anything. Goldeneye is like that. Without out, who knows if Halo gets the money it deserved from MS.

juggerman
The Punisher was pretty fun. Violent as hell too

Jmanghan
Lets get some gameplay footage up in hereee.

Surtur
The game based on the X3 movie deserves a mention. It was mostly crappy, but it has a REALLY bad ass fight where you play as Nightcrawler and fight Multiple Man.

It's not a movie, but the PS2 game based on the animated Superman show from the 90's was excellent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.