Masters of the Universe reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
So, this was in the news:

http://io9.com/this-may-be-the-live-action-he-man-movies-badass-battle-1689370676

Possible concept art for Battle Cat, He-Man's mount.

A reboot couldn't be much worse than the 1987 film.

Robtard
Would love a proper take on a live action Masters of The Universe, but I have little hope that it will be good as they'll probably cast 'The Rock' has He-Man

Same goes for The Thundercats

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment

http://io9.com/this-may-be-the-live-action-he-man-movies-badass-battle-1689370676

looks kind of horrible...

dynamix
battlecat looks pretty cool

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment

hey, that movie was made without mattel licensing, and is an amazing adaptation of jack Kirby's fourth world...

just not a great he-man movie, admittedly.

jinXed by JaNx
seems like a waste of resources to me.

Darth Thor
Has a release date.. 2019:

http://screenrant.com/masters-of-the-universe-he-man-december-2019-release-date/

tkitna
Is there any interest in Masters Of The Universe anymore?

Zack M
It'll probably do Power Rangers numbers. I'm down either way.

riv6672
That Battle Cat pic is already better than the entire 80s movie.

Kazenji
I'm glad McG left, if he stayed onboard it had no hope

and i've read David S Goyer is doing the script.

Flyattractor
I would watch it.

riv6672
Goyer's done stuff i've liked and loathed, so i'm neutral on that aspect!

Kazenji
He's can be a better script writer then directer

riv6672
Goyer was responsible for Batman Begins, which i really dislike, but i wont hold that against him.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
Goyer was responsible for Batman Begins, which i really dislike, but i wont hold that against him.

As much as you disliked it, It got the Batman movie being good again after the shit fest that was Batman & Robin.

Ridley_Prime
Batman & Robin was enjoyable on a so bad it's good kind of level, which is more than can be said for some DCCU stuff. Begins was my favorite out of the Nolan trilogy though, as it had the most character development for Batman and the best performance on Bale's behalf, before he got worse.

Robtard
Be hilarious if they get Hemsworth to be Adam/He-Man. He looks the part and we already know he can play a dumb blond well.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Begins was my favorite out of the Nolan trilogy though, as it had the most character development for Batman and the best performance on Bale's behalf, before he got worse.

thumb up

BB is my favourite of the trilogy as well. And I personally think people underestimate how much of the goodwill of the Nolan trilogy came from BB.

Also does not forget Goyer scripted the first Blade film as well.

Originally posted by Robtard
Be hilarious if they get Hemsworth to be Adam/He-Man. He looks the part and we already know he can play a dumb blond well.

Lol Well that's actually one reason we don't really need a He-Man. We have Thor already!

Robtard
TBF, Thor is a poor-man's He-Man stick out tongue

Darth Thor

mad

BruceSkywalker
will smith for he man lmao...

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
As much as you disliked it, It got the Batman movie being good again after the shit fest that was Batman & Robin.
No, it made them popular again. wink

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
No, it made them popular again. wink

What, Batman & Robin made the movies popular again?

your crazy.

-Pr-
Think he means Begins.

Kazenji
So he basically repeated what i just said....ok

Ridley_Prime
Read between teh lines!

popular =/= good

Begins wasn't his cup of tea apparently. I loved it the most as expressed, but can see why others wouldn't really care for it, especially if they were more a fan of the sequels like most.

Not sure how to feel about Goyer writing He-Man yet. Just hope this reboot's one of the better things in recent times his name is attached to.

Kazenji
Read between teh lines!

popular =/= good

And i said in my previous post Batman Begins made the Bat movies Decent again

Decent or Popular, Same shit different smell.

Darth Thor
BB massively increased excitement not only for Batman, but for the superhero genre IMO. Much like IM1 did.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
What, Batman & Robin made the movies popular again?

your crazy.
Was talking about Nolan making Batman movies popular again, but not good. Those movies were meh. Bale was below meh.
The only saving graces in that trilogy were Caine/Freeman overall, and Ledger/Eckhart in the sequel.

But, enough ppl bought into them, and they helped pave the way for the DCEU.

Ridley_Prime
Shame they couldn't of been the start of the DCEU itself; Baleman wasn't really JL/shared universe material along with the Nolanverse being too grounded in realism, but if the opposite was true, the DCEU would've had a muuuuch better start with the trilogy (minus maybe Dark Knight Rises) than it ended up getting with Synder's stuff.

Darth Thor
Baleman wasn't really JL/shared universe material

Still don't get what the issue with that would have been. I mean what makes Batfleck better JL material?

I think it was more a case of not having Nolan's blessing to use him. He didn't want his creation tarnished.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Still don't get what the issue with that would have been. I mean what makes Batfleck better JL material?

I think it was more a case of not having Nolan's blessing to use him. He didn't want his creation tarnished.
I don't know. I guess the way they characterized Baleman post-TDK with the whole early retirement thing (which was a copout way to end the trilogy along with the cliffhanger of JGL being his successor) made it hard to picture him being a reliable part of the JL if it were to happen. Not having Nolan's blessing may have simply been the case though for him not returning, along with Bale naturally not coming back if Nolan's not at the helm, so guess it was just one of those things.

That said, yeah, there's nothing really special about Batfleck when compared to Bale's Batman, even as much as people liked hating on the latter after awhile.

Zack M
Is this still a thing?

roughrider

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack M
Is this still a thing?

I think it is

David S Goyar is writing the script.

Flyattractor
And apperantly Skeletor WON'T be in the movie.

yay for Sony holding on to movie rights because they are stupid shits.

Kazenji
So Hordak then?

Ridley_Prime
So ****ing Skeletor? Suddenly my interest in this has greatly decreased.

juggernaut74
I hope it's Plundor:

http://www.therobotsvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/plundor.jpg

Ridley_Prime
What about King Hiss? Didn't see that much of the original cartoon but I remember him being the other major player besides Skeletor in the early 2000's one.

Flyattractor
He was 2nd season. Hordak was going to be 3rd. But this is just going be a He-Man take on Fan4Tastic just so Sony(?) can hold on to the rights so Mattel don't get them back.

Tzeentch
What is the point in a MotU movie when there is no actor in the world who can be buff enough to play He-Man and even if there were, we'd never get the leather thong BDSM outfit he deserves.

Only way I'd pay money to watch this film is if they cast Channing Tatum as He-Man and then CGI'd him into a Buff McHuge muscular twink.

Flyattractor
You want to see Channing Tatum in a Leather Thong?

Dude/dudette/DudeItEtte.....You got issues...Horrible HORRIBLE Issues.

Tzeentch
Buff niggas in thongs is literally the only appeal Masters of the Universe has as a setting.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
What is the point in a MotU movie when there is no actor in the world who can be buff enough to play He-Man and even if there were, we'd never get the leather thong BDSM outfit he deserves.

Only way I'd pay money to watch this film is if they cast Channing Tatum as He-Man and then CGI'd him into a Buff McHuge muscular twink.

http://cdn.darkhorizons.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/mcg-wont-direct-the-he-man-movie.jpg

Flyattractor
Oh there are much gayer pics of the old He-Man toon out there then that.

But then Filmation was very, Very Gay.

roughrider
Maybe the failure of Power Rangers will convince people this cheese is better left in the past. It will be seen as a sillier version of MCU's Thor.

Kazenji
Could always base it on the recent DC series from Dan Abnett, Rather then the old 80's cartoon.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by roughrider
Maybe the failure of Power Rangers will convince people this cheese is better left in the past. It will be seen as a sillier version of MCU's Thor.
Power Rangers was generally received alright from what I saw. Mixed with some old fans including myself at worst, but I still enjoyed it. Definitely a more faithful and careful reboot than the couple TMNT films in recent years.

TheOneFirestorm

No he isn't.
He Man is unique in his own way including a ally that can transform into a huge animal.

I'm hoping this is a serious version that is mostly in Eternia not in the earth dimension which most of the original movie was.
Also He Man should use his sword for most of the movie.

Ridley_Prime
smh He-Man and Thor aren't that similar beneath the surface.

Darth Thor

playa1258
Probably because no good director wants to do it.

Slowpoke
The 2002 series is amazing, too bad it got cancelled.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Slowpoke
The 2002 series is amazing, too bad it got cancelled.

Was very cheesy and kiddish at times, but the He-Man mythology they set up was great.

Originally posted by playa1258
Probably because no good director wants to do it.

Just get an unknown then. But why pick people we know have directed bad sci-fi and superhero films?

And no idea why Goyer would do this when he says Martian Manhunter is too goofy to work on the big screen.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Was very cheesy and kiddish at times, but the He-Man mythology they set up was great.

It was amazing and much better than the old show.

riv6672
Yeah thats pretty silly.

BruceSkywalker
wanna see who is cast first

quanchi112
80s He Man is great.

CPT Space Bomb
I highly doubt this will be ANY good at all. It would be cool if it was, I'm always up for GOOD films....I just have serious doubts.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I highly doubt this will be ANY good at all. It would be cool if it was, I'm always up for GOOD films....I just have serious doubts.

i agree, which is why im hoping they hire a good cast

juggernaut74
Now there is talks of this going to Netflix:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2481951/the-masters-of-the-universe-reboot-might-end-up-going-to-netflix

Flyattractor
If no Dolph Lundgren Cameo as King Greyskull... Total Fail!!!!

Robtard
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Now there is talks of this going to Netflix:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2481951/the-masters-of-the-universe-reboot-might-end-up-going-to-netflix

That actually is ideal, Netflix has the money to produce high quality shows and I'd prefer this was a series.

Ridley_Prime
https://www.newsarama.com/48785-he-man-removed-from-sony-release-schedule-uncharted-delayed-report.html

Unfortunate, but not too surprising.

riv6672
^^^Well, so much for that idea. erm

Darth Thor
Just make it a live action series on Netflix.

Netflix would jump at the chance.

Ridley_Prime
He-Man was said to be getting an animated continuation on Netflix at least, so it's something.

riv6672

roughrider
Just stay as an animated series. He-Man is only for very young kids, that's where it's cheese is aimed at.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.