Star Wars: Rebels: Season 2. Any high hopes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
I'm actually pretty excited for the next season. Darth Vader, Ahsoka, The rebels.It all seems to be shaping up nicely. At least,I think so. What do you all think?

|King Joker|
*Star Wars Rebels, not Star Wars: Rebels.

But yeah, looking forward to it.

NewGuy01
I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Originally posted by |King Joker|
*Star Wars Rebels, not Star Wars: Rebels.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140606195331/masseffect/answers/images/thumb/9/96/OH_MY_GOD%2C_WHO_THE_HELL_CARES%3F%21/335px-OH_MY_GOD%2C_WHO_THE_HELL_CARES%3F%21.jpg

|King Joker|
http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/kanyeweststare.gif

Q99
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I'm actually pretty excited for the next season. Darth Vader, Ahsoka, The rebels.It all seems to be shaping up nicely. At least,I think so. What do you all think?

I'm mildly sad that the Inquisitor's already gone, but I do fully expect S2 to be good.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
I'm mildly sad that the Inquisitor's already gone, but I do fully expect S2 to be good.
thumb up

Darth Abonis
I think It will be great. Bounty hunters like Boba and Cad Bane will probably hunt the Rebels; more Lando, Han and Chewie, Ahsoka vs Darth Vader, Ezra's skills increase, Palpatine makes cameos, Leia and Bail appear, Bariss and Dhara as Inquisitors, maybe Maul. Everyone dies when Alderaan goes BOOM!

|King Joker|
Oh, yeah! I forgot about Dhara! I'm looking forward to see her as an inquisitor.

Not interested in Barriss as one, though.

Darth Truculent
Since it's the beginning of the Rebellion, maybe Starkiller will be brought in. After all. he is on the loose with Rahm Kota. Who would rather want? A Jedi Master with an apprentice who is far more powerful than Ahsoka? Easy choice.

|King Joker|
They're Legends. They won't be brought in.

And Ahsoka is a far better character than Kota and Starkiller.

Darth Truculent
Ahsoka kinda annoys me. Ahsoka doesn't nearly have the power of Marek. He's more powerful than the Inquisitor who I really hated.

|King Joker|
Who cares if he's more powerful than her? She's way more sexy.

Revanchiste
To me rebels is not doing great but not doing so bad soo..........
Who cares if he's more powerful than her? She's way more sexy.
The place of femal Character in the star war univers by King Joker ha.. haaa... Haaa
Good joke.

Trocity
I really disliked the first few episodes and there's still plenty of things that annoy me about it, but I started forcing myself to watch it. I'm almost through the first season and it does indeed get better in the second half.

I have some high hopes for season 2.

Fated Xtasy
Yeah in my opinion most of the episodes were filler.

But that aside. Are you guys expecting a Legends reference or character cameo? I personally hope they mention Boba or show us how the clones are doing. I'm super curious about the clones in this new canon story.

ares834
The Clones were phased out like on the old EU as seen in Tarkin.

And I'd disagree that they were filler. Those episodes were rather critical to developing the characters.

|King Joker|
I fail to see much character development with other characters besides Kanan and Ezra.

Yeah, most of the clones are likely dead now. A shame.

ares834
Really? There was an entire episode pretty much devoted to developing Sabine and Hera and the relationship they share. There was another one devoted to developing the relationship between Zeb and Ezra (although that episode was pretty shitty TBH).

|King Joker|
Both episodes were garbage.

ILS
I just dislike Sabine, but her and Hera were seeing some development regardless of whether the episodes were shit or not.

|King Joker|
Nah.

ILS
My impression of Sabine went from cool Mandalorian chick to impulsive and highly independent. My impression of Hera went from hot milfy Twi'lek pilot to pragmatic mother-of-the-group. Hence why they bumped heads so much during that episode.

The Merchant
The show is really good IMO. Loved season 1, although I kinda wish that they didn't have to use Vader so early in the series. They should have built him up more, let the Inquisitor be the villain for another 3 or maybe 4 seasons then have Vader.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
My impression of Sabine went from cool Mandalorian chick to impulsive and highly independent. My impression of Hera went from hot milfy Twi'lek pilot to pragmatic mother-of-the-group. Hence why they bumped heads so much during that episode. My problem with these "character development" episodes is they feel so rushed, like they're just trying to force the development. LOOK GUYS WE HAVE A HERA/SABINE EPISODE THEY START TALKING ABOUT STUFF AND YEAH AND LOOK AT THIS DEVELOPMENT! That's basically what I see with those episodes. I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The Merchant
The show is really good IMO. Loved season 1, although I kinda wish that they didn't have to use Vader so early in the series. They should have built him up more, let the Inquisitor be the villain for another 3 or maybe 4 seasons then have Vader.

I think they're only planning 4 seasons in total. I'm happy they're keeping seasons short, moving the plot up each season, and have an end game in plan.

The most annoying thing about TCW was it leaving too many loose ends because the planned ending was dragged out for so long it was never implemented.

Last thing I wanted was for Rebels to just be an animated version of Firefly, so it pleases me they're making the show much more relevant next season.

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6R3KWxoHy0
14:27 our personal nostalgia crittic say than clone wars was pointless and he don't have high hope for rebels...

RexCloneWarsMVS
I hope Boba, Cade, Rex, Cody, Ventress and Bo Katan have cameos in the next few seasons

NewGuy01
Ventress probably won't have cameos, she's gonna be in the comics.

Boba? Very possible.
Rex/Cody? Also unlikely.

Seeing Bo Katan would be really interesting, yeah.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Ventress probably won't have cameos, she's gonna be in the comics.

Boba? Very possible.
Rex/Cody? Also unlikely.

Seeing Bo Katan would be really interesting, yeah. Why is it unlikely for Ventress to appear? She could still appear outside the comics, same with rex and cody, they wouldn't be dead by now, they are around 55/56 due to accelerated aging and I doubt the developers would just kill off rex in some battle before order 66

NewGuy01
It seems like she's going to die in one of the upcoming issues of the Darth Vader comics, I mean. stick out tongue

As for Rex/Cody, I just don't see it, personally. Could be wrong, though.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It seems like she's going to die in one of the upcoming issues of the Darth Vader comics, I mean. stick out tongue

As for Rex/Cody, I just don't see it, personally. Could be wrong, though. I hope vader captures her and makes her an inquisitor and she could possibly be the main villain for season 3, and maybe they could recanonize starkiller and make him the villain for season 4 since that's the time he goes huntin (3 BBY - 2 BBY)

Emperordmb
Yeah, I hope Vader defeats Ventress and Quinlan. I'd facepalm if he lost to either of them solo.

|King Joker|
I hope they don't die in that stupid comic, though.

DARTH POWER
I hope they don't die in that stupid comic, though.

thumb up

They can't kill Ventress in a comic. Just like they won't do that to Maul.

They're both too big characters from TCW Animation which millions of people watched, to just kill in comic which maybe thousands of nerds might read.

Zenwolf
Why can't they? They killed Chewie in a book in Legends and he appeared in the movies and TCW and he's a big and fav character of a lot of people.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why can't they? They killed Chewie in a book in Legends and he appeared in the movies and TCW and he's a big and fav character of a lot of people.

Because that wasn't really canon. When it comes to making canon sequels Chewie will still be around. They've not said "oh we killed him in a book, so anyone who wants to know why Chewie isn't in Ep.7 should read that book."

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Because that wasn't really canon. When it comes to making canon sequels Chewie will still be around. They've not said "oh we killed him in a book, so anyone who wants to know why Chewie isn't in Ep.7 should read that book."

But it was canon before as I noted, so....even still. He was a main and popular character and was killed in the old EU in a book.

Just because a character is popular, don't mean they are omitted from dying in either a book, comic or show or movie.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zenwolf
But it was canon before as I noted, so....even still. He was a main and popular character and was killed in the old EU in a book.

Just because a character is popular, don't mean they are omitted from dying in either a book, comic or show or movie.

The Old Eu was never canon to the movies. The movies were canon to the EU, but not the other way around.

The whole EU was all just books. There was no EU animation of film.

Yes I do believe if a major character is popular then they won't put their final fate in a lesser medium. They were never going to put Ahsoka's fate in a comic just as they were never going to kill Count Dooku or Mace Windu in the animation.

Even though every medium's equal in their canonicity now, they can't just ignore the numbers of people who watch the movies, compared to people who watch the animation compared to reading the comic books. Because the difference goes from thousands, through millions going to hundreds of millions.

Edit: Actually checking figures The Star Wars comics are selling in the hudreds of thousands, and unlike TCW, Rebels numbers are well under a million. But I still don't think they'd kill off Ahsoka or Ventress in a comic.

Revanchiste

|King Joker|
They will never kill Ahsoka in a comic.

Revanchiste
They did..... They did yhea they did... In an old Lucasfilm magazine they where showing some comic book from the guy who made legacy on the back cover...

They kill her yheayhea.... On Kashyyyk. XD
That was a way before saison 3.. we were at the first season...

Trololololol.

Star war comic book.. A big **** to the canonicity...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.