Thoughts on Power Ranger movie!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Do you think this movie would be a box office hit and would you pay to see it. Warning, this isn't your normal Power Ranger movie; extremely graphic.

http://youtu.be/vw5vcUPyL90

juggerman
Badass. I'd certainly see that film

BruceSkywalker
this was good.. it needs to get made

Wei Phoenix
I think it was horrible. Visually looked amazing and all but it wasn't Power Rangers at all, it didn't capture the spirit of Power Rangers or respect it's legacy. I understand that it's a fan project, but it showed no signs of respecting or honoring the source at all.

dynamix
saw this about a week ago and loved it! digging the dark take on the PR mythos.

StyleTime
I agree with Wei. It definitely was not a Power Rangers movie.

It was badass and I'd totes watch it though.

Ridley_Prime
Likewise, and Jason David Frank (a.k.a. Tommy) pretty much had the same opinion on it as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyi46V3K218

I think I might've got more entertainment out of some of the comments than I did on the trailer itself.

My sides. laughing

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Likewise, and Jason David Frank (a.k.a. Tommy) pretty much had the same opinion on it as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyi46V3K218

And yet the rest of the cast he worked with enjoyed it.

Patient_Leech
I saw the short film. It was okay. Some great choreography with the fights for sure. If they changed the gay Power Ranger uniforms and didn't call it Power Rangers, it could be cool.

Quincy
Nice use of the word "gay" there, leech.

Some of this flick was rad. I liked that it was serious, but the violence obnoxious and drugs was kinda goofy. Black Ranger's fight was raddddd though.

The opening was goofy as hell. You can clearly see the Rangers just firing blindly at nothing, with the gunfire added in post. Silly shit.

marwash22
you guys have low standards. shit was awful in pretty much every aspect a film can be judged by.

Flyattractor
Well it had Katee Sackoff in it. That alone makes it very suck worthy.

relentless1
Jason as the leader or gtfo

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
it didn't capture the spirit of Power Rangers or respect it's legacy. HkpS2Sdu2io

steverules_2
Was so bad ass

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22
you guys have low standards. shit was awful in pretty much every aspect a film can be judged by.

Nope

having "low standards" is loving movies from Aaron Seltzer, Jason Friedberg.

Q99
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I think it was horrible. Visually looked amazing and all but it wasn't Power Rangers at all, it didn't capture the spirit of Power Rangers or respect it's legacy. I understand that it's a fan project, but it showed no signs of respecting or honoring the source at all.

I heard it's supposed to poke at gritty reboots that ditch the original point.. though, of course, it does so simply by being one.

Even aside from the grit factor, it also threw in stuff like carrying bulky rifles, and basically not using the visual language of ranger shows.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.