Garth Ennis to do a Vietnam era Frank Castle story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/garth-ennis-new-punisher-story-is-a-pre-skull-prequel

Galan007
This.... Could be f*cking awesome. thumb up

Deadline
Oh no. More nihilism because that's what makes Garth Einnis so great right?

krisblaze
These are the only stories Ennis really gets "right", so sure...looking forward to it big grin

Deadline
Yeah yeah yeah. Overated.

Kazenji
I like Garth Ennis's Punisher stories but he be overrated by the Punisher fans, To the point of he's the be all and end all the only writer to do the character justice

alot of the 616 Punisher has some great stories too.

Galan007
^ That's probably because his run on Punisher MAX is among the best Punisher material ever written(arguably the best.)

abhilegend
Hitman is better than Punisher MAX.

uhuh

Galan007
Hitman rocks. thumb up

I was just talking about Punisher-exclusive material, though. wink

StiltmanFTW
Ennis, Remender, Aaron all know how to properly write Frank, imo.

Looking forward to more of Ennis' work.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Galan007
^ That's probably because his run on Punisher MAX is among the best Punisher material ever written(arguably the best.)

Keyword there is "MAX Imprint"

there's still some decent stories from the other books

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ennis, Remender, Aaron all know how to properly write Frank, imo.

I also didn't mind Rucka's run of the character.

StiltmanFTW
Rucka was "meh" for me, but I admit I loved the Warzone ending to his run.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kazenji
Keyword there is "MAX Imprint"

there's still some decent stories from the other books Never said otherwise. Just saying that if you put ALL of Punisher's stories into one big pot and compared them, Ennis' Punisher MAX would still be very close to(if not at) the top. It was good... Really good.

Is Ennis the only writer who can do Frank justice? No. However, he did much better with the character than most others have, that's for sure.

Deadline
Steve Grant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.