I'm powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Did you ever see the show where the kid proclaims he has the best brain of anyone? Sort of a comment on the social norm. I think he should have said I'm powerful personally but anyhow what do you think about power and what do you think about it being the social norm.

Revanchiste

Wonder Man
The purpose of falling in love makes good sense.

Mindship
Originally posted by Wonder Man
...anyhow what do you think about power and what do you think about it being the social norm. Power. One of my favorite subjects.

Power is that which distances one from Death Terror. Every living thing seeks it, on whatever levels they operate (eg, physically, socially, financially). Because humans are the most aware of their mortality, to compensate we engage in the most intimate and intense power projects, from personal acts of kindness and sacrifice to savage, all-out war.

The pursuit of Godhood (or rather, the illusion of it, of being powerful and immortal) is most obvious with religionism. It doesn't get any better than having the Divine Right to massacre everyone and anyone who "isn't like you."

On a side note, this is why I don't see ISIS, eg, as "evil," but rather made up of individuals who otherwise feel powerless and, at some level of awareness, are themselves terrified and desperate. Thus, the extreme, compensatory depravity of their barbaric behavior.

Wonder Man
I think people choose power because it is easy and the lazy ones always choose it.

Mindship
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think people choose power because it is easy and the lazy ones always choose it. If I may amend: when reason and compassion fail, violence is the quickest and easiest way to power.

Revanchiste

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.