The Old Republic: Rise of the Emperor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5QuvhnwgZM

Vitiate's power has become insane.

psmith81992
Holy hell.

Sinious
I wonder if those could be counted as saber feats for Vitiate.

Nephthys
Damn, Vitiate has a soft "t". Eh, I like my version better.

Sinious
thumb up

That was disappointing for me as well.

Emperordmb
yeah, I preferred a hard t as well

Nephthys
BTW this video is kind of hilarious.

"Ok I have a plan. All you need to do is get everyone in the city to try to kill you at the same time."

"Ok so my agent was working for the Republic. Lets get someone we can trust better: This Republic intelligence agent."

Emperordmb
I thought it was amusing how Nox wanted to get her some poon.

Revanchiste
XD HE BECAME THE PURE CHAOS ITSELF YHEA THE CHAOS like in warhammer 40 000 XD !!!

I do realize than if you are able of simulfuturis and essence of transfer, and posse a great aura.. You are able to transfert your spirit on the other one... So brainwash them...

Be able to control multiple corps + transfering you essence partialy in other people = the absolute ability to brainwash everyone...

That's how Palpa Brainwashed most of teh senate...

That's how Vitiate brain wash Revan for a moment...

Revanchiste
Did Revan have recorded how to do psychic bomb? So In the end Revan will kill the emperor...

red8
I might actually try this game out. I've avoided it because I hated what happened to the Exile, but it seems interesting enough.

The hard part will be finding time to play.

Q99
What bits of the video have the best bits?

Shey Tapani
I would play it if it was still canon. mad mad mad

AncientPower
His powers as a spirit are definitely among the best ever.

Revanchiste

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Vitiate's power has become is insane.

Fixed.

---

Good development from BioWare; Emperor's story in progress with him in action.

I hope that BioWare explores Emperor's actions both in past and upcoming content in great detail.

Revanchiste
The emperor is also over confident really ver confident and really nice....

Emperordmb
I'm not sure "nice" is a word I would use to describe Vitiate

McP
No matter how strong Vitiate will became, he'll always be inferior to Sidious. That means, that all of the TOR's characters, that will be inferior to Vitiate by leagues, will be inferior to some PT characters as well. Espiecially those, who can compete with Sidious or Yoda. Sad.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm not sure "nice" is a word I would use to describe Vitiate
Yhea XD but here he is a pretty niuce villain...

psmith81992
Originally posted by McP
No matter how strong Vitiate will became, he'll always be inferior to Sidious. That means, that all of the TOR's characters, that will be inferior to Vitiate by leagues, will be inferior to some PT characters as well. Espiecially those, who can compete with Sidious or Yoda. Sad.

This is based on what exactly?

DarthAnt66
Outdated quotes. wink

McP
Is TOR even a canon at this point? smile

NTJack0
Originally posted by McP
Is TOR even a canon at this point? smile Nope.

DarthAnt66
It's not non-canon either though. :mmm: BioWare said it's sort of in the middle.

ares834
Sure it is.

Originally posted by McP

thumb up

carthage
Originally posted by NTJack0
Nope.

thumb up

Revanchiste
It's not non-canon either though. :mmm: BioWare said it's sort of in the middle.

Yhea !!!! There is disney canon.... And ancient canon..

You know if there no contradiction no super dumb suptidies, if it's coherent and persistent so it is canon....

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by McP
You are not an authoritarian on Star Wars, don't try to act like one either.

Emperor Vitiate used to be a Sith for some years but he evolved beyond mere Sith identity, he became a dark nihilistic being and wants to consume the galaxy.

McP
I know that it isn't. It was a rhetorical question. Quotes and notes about Sidious' superiority cannot be outdated at that point, since none in the Lucasfilm/Disney cares about Legends. So it would be a nonsense for them, to confirm that Sidious is superior to a guy, that doesn't even exist in their canon.

@S_W_LeGenD

smile

S_W_LeGenD
@McP

At this stage, it is silly to compare Sidious with Emperor Vitiate and assert Sidious' superiority based on outdated information.

None of us know that how Disney envisions characters in terms of power in its (revised) canon.

TOR era content represents alternate universe so far and Emperor Vitiate is the most powerful Force-user in his universe. More importantly, Emperor Vitiate have transcended Sith identity and mortality; he is enemy of both Sith and Jedi and killing both.

McP
I consider Vitiate as the strongest guy from TOR's era, so I can agree with that.

Yeah. But we can easily assume - according to Rebels - that Disney's characters will be comperable to those from the Lucas' Saga and TCW.

I believe I can. Depends of the point of view.

Nephthys
Nice to see the PT crew feeling so threatened.

Emperordmb
I, as part of the Ones crew so to speak, do not feel very threatened. I do find it sometimes amusing and sometimes annoying to watch the pissing contests though.

carthage
I liked the creature he spawned with Sith alchemy, we need to see more of those beasts around. Also the fight made me respect Nox more than Vitiate tbh. The storyline is really bad though

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nice to see the PT crew feeling so threatened.

Oh, not at all. Palpatine has already done this after all. We're just basking in the fact that this **** isn't canon nor ever was.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
as part of the Ones what's a nexus crew so to speak

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ares834
Oh, not at all. Palpatine has already done this after all.

thumb up

Sinious
I don't think "best ever" quotes are fun. If a guy like Tulak Hord has a chance to surpass Vitiate, he should be able to. A quote saying Vitiate was the best ever shouldn't limit that. Same goes for PT characters. Although I admit Sidious' "best sith ever" state is very iconic and essential to the story so perhaps he can be an exception but it doesn't matter since Sidious has feats to back up his superiority over any other sith. I don't think they'll ever make any ancient sith lord top the force storm feats and since Sidious is also an excellent duelist, his place is secure.

With that said, TOR characters gaining more and more feats does seem to upset some people here. The stronger characters like Revan and Vitiate get the more insecure and desperate people like Ares sound. laughing

WildBantha88
I am the founder and leader of the Bantha Crew. While you all are rivers flowing into the ocean of insanity, I am the fish that swims up stream. I do not need to be better, because I am different smile

ares834
So desperate... roll eyes (sarcastic) rather I'm just stating the facts. smile I've rejoiced that TOR isn't canon for months now and it has nothing to do with feats. Also I'm a Revan fan so I'm glad he got some awesome TK feats (or would be of they were canon).

Sinious
You're not canon.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
I would play it if it was still canon. mad mad mad

Not this again. Look if you love something then its canon to you and that's all that matters.

My fanfics may not be recognised as "official canon" but I love them so I keep writing them. To me, in my head, they are canon.

Originally posted by McP

Sure, if you want it to be.

Revanchiste
So desperate... roll eyes (sarcastic) rather I'm just stating the facts. smile I've rejoiced that TOR isn't canon for months now and it has nothing to do with feats. Also I'm a Revan fan so I'm glad he got some awesome TK feats (or would be of they were canon).

He have more impressive TKfeat than the foundry one as a Dark Lord....

They cannot erase the old canon... The old canon will continue to live through the new one..... The disney canon will still contain some old canon element...

Originally posted by Sinious
You're not canon.

And people are wondering why I'm doing my dumb doushbag sometimes....
Whou dan't now how english spoking.

Nephthys
Oh, not at all. Palpatine has already done this after all. We're just basking in the fact that this **** isn't canon nor ever was.

Good..... good, use your aggressive feelings!

Sinious
Originally posted by Revanchiste
And people are wondering why I'm doing my dumb doushbag sometimes....
Whou dan't now how english spoking.

LOL what?

The_Tempest
Good..... good, use your aggressive feelings!

It's more effective if you use an appropriate .gif or .jpeg. Have you learned nothing?

DarthAnt66
Vitiate's best feat in the expansion is his mastery over alchemy tbh. He made these guys:

"Monoliths: Given enough intellect, knowledge, fortitude and power, Sith alchemy can be used to achieve the seemingly impossible, such as transforming flesh and bone to form vicious Sithspawn such as the imposing Massassi and the unstoppable Terentatek. But Monoliths are something beyond Sithspawn: they are everlasting monstrosities built not on a foundation of living tissue but of dark side energy itself. Enduring and merciless and quite possibly unkillable, Monoliths plainly illustrate the immeasurable power of their creator and are best avoided at all costs."

"We've been calling them Monoliths. We've seen several of those creatures appearing throughout New Adasta. They're made from Sith alchemy.
A sign of Vitiate's growing power. Extremely strong, next to impossible to kill. The one you just defeated is the smallest we've come across."

http://i.imgur.com/wywlV7Q.jpg

ChaosTheory123
Well

Wonder how those things would like fighting an Exogorth

Probably depends on the size anyway

The Merchant
So Vitiate's alchemy>>Kun's and Sadow's.

Emperordmb
I wonder how they would fare against Leviathans.

ChaosTheory123
Depends on how powerful you think Takara Hilts is I guess

Nephthys
I'm more impressed that he formed them from pure darkside energy AND made them that powerful. Thats a serious showing.

ChaosTheory123
He's Star Wars Kefka, down to absorbing a stupidly huge amount of power to artificially increase his own

I didn't need this to think the ****er powerful :maybe

AncientPower
If he created them as a spirit then it is easily the best alchemy feat in the lore.

chilled monkey
How awesome would it be if Tenebrae is the main villain in the new movies?

This might actually be a case of the Canon/Legends having a good consequence. Now that Palpatine doesn't have his EU feats we can clarify that Tenebrae completely dwarfs him in power.

ares834
Umm.... What? If we are using disney canon and not EU then Vitiate doesn't even exist.

Also it would suck ass because Vitiate is a boring Palpatine knock off.

Originally posted by The Merchant
So Vitiate's alchemy>>Kun's and Sadow's.

Didn't Exar create some shadow birds out of dark side energy and did so nigh instantaneously? The monoliths looks more impressive but who knows how long it took Vitiate to create them.

S_W_LeGenD
I don't recall Palpatine possessing many individuals (including Jedi and Sith) simultaneously and performing different actions with so many hosts simultaneously. Emperor manifested himself like an army on Ziost.

In addition, Emperor is creating deadly creatures at will.

Only Abeloth have demonstrated matching capability with multiple avatars.

ares834
Palpatine had control over most of the populace of Byss which had a population of almost 20 billion.

Exar Kun has also created deadly creatures "at will" out of dark side energy.

S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine had control over most of the populace of Byss which had a population of almost 20 billion.
Palpatine didn't! Byss inhabitants weren't Palpatine's drones. They were, however, not aware of Palpatine's dark experiments and the fact that Palpatine drew power from them to fuel his own.

Emperor created superior abominations.

ares834

S_W_LeGenD

ares834
Both quotes were taken from the miniatures/role playing game online supplement. He also fed of them though as well.

S_W_LeGenD
Both quotes were taken from the miniatures/role playing game online supplement. He also fed of them though as well.
Link would be appreciated.

ares834
Dont to have it right now. I'll look for it tomorrow.

Selenial
I like that none of you care about the "He's not as powerful as we once thought" line, or the line about it initially being a nexus feat (He drew from Ziost's energies) that turned into him using the power of those he killed...

Nephthys

Palpatine did so at his leisure over a 20 year period. He could easily have performed rituals or vastly amped himself to do so. Vitiate did it in a weakened spirit form on a battalion of Jedi to boot and in much less time. His domination was also far more complete and impressive.

Not the most solid of sources....

psmith81992
Vitiate controlling the entire planet of ziost (including jedi and sith) as a sith spirit is impressive.

Beniboybling
Sidious also mindwiped potentially millions on Coruscant.

Also the Sith Emperor's spirit form would in many ways make him more dominating, we've seen many times "mortals" unable to resist Sith spirits. Take the Dark Temple for example, where spirits of Sith Lords (eclipsed by the Emperor's power no doubt) were able to easily dominate the minds of non-Force sensitives and Force sensitives alike. Any supremely powerful Sith spirit would be able to magnify this feat tenfold.

Beniboybling
Not the most solid of sources.... Here's a better one:
No it wasn't instantaneous, but the feat is much much greater in scope, and he did it in corporeal rather than spirit form.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Here's a better one:
No it wasn't instantaneous, but the feat is much much greater in scope, and he did it in corporeal rather than spirit form.

Sucking the "life" out of inhabitants for decades isn't as impressive as wiping out a planet within 10 days and becoming immortal.

Also, where does it say Palpatine mind wiped coruscant?

Selenial
Originally posted by psmith81992
Sucking the "life" out of inhabitants for decades isn't as impressive as wiping out a planet within 10 days and becoming immortal.

Also, where does it say Palpatine mind wiped coruscant?

That was the Lusankya incident wasn't it? He built a super star destroyer under Coruscant, it took off so he mind wiped the planet into forgetting it happened. That includes everyone who saw it on the news etc, everyone who saw the buildings rubble afterwards and basically anyone who came into contact with it.

Nephthys
Also the Sith Emperor's spirit form would in many ways make him more dominating, we've seen many times "mortals" unable to resist Sith spirits. Take the Dark Temple for example, where spirits of Sith Lords (eclipsed by the Emperor's power no doubt) were able to easily dominate the minds of non-Force sensitives and Force sensitives alike. Any supremely powerful Sith spirit would be able to magnify this feat tenfold.

Spirits are weaker in general though and have limited power. Merely using the Force means they require substantial rest or a power source. And the case here is that Vitiate is actively possessing countless soldiers and people. The spirits in the Dark Temple were limited to possessing a single person and not particularly well at that. Aside from Kallig they were basically crazed and disorientated, unable to perceive reality. Plus they were aided by the Dark Temple, in that it's energies already put people under considerable mental strain merely being near it. And we actually saw that the main Jedi Vitiate was using was able to attempt to resist him, indicating that there is an element of will and power at play.

Also if you believe this, then what do you think of Sidious brainwashing billions of non-force sensitives who actually have no means of resistance?

Here's a better one:

But the fact that he performed it under unknown circumstances and time already eliminates it from consideration as an indication of his standing power. In my opinion. Plus while it may be greater in scope, that doesn't mean its greater in power. Vitiate is a weakened spirit for one thing, which makes it more impressive in my estimation. And he's actively possessing and subjugating those individuals at all times. He'd need to constantly be applying his power to maintain this. By all accounts Sidious' domination of Byss was a gradual process and requires no active strain upon him to maintain. Sidious may have influenced more people, but Vitiate did it to a far greater extent and in a much more impressive manner. And Vitiate performed it on actual Force Users who have the means to resist him. It's always a far superior feat to mentally influence Jedi and Sith than it is to do so to normal people.

Zenwolf
What? Being a spirit doesn't make one weaker, plus isn't Ziost a nexus? So Vitiate being able to dominate the minds of all those guys, of course it's gonna happen given he can draw on the energies much like many Sith spirits have done to use vast power and the like. It's nothing new really.

It's impressive sure, but people it's nothing that hasn't been done.

Beniboybling
Wolf is right, being a spirit makes one much more potent, as you are no longer restricted by the limitations of your physical form e.g. midichlorians and altogether are in closer harmony with the Force. Just like Jedi, Sith Spirits can become "more powerful than you can possible imagine".

Hence why Exar Kun believed that by transforming into a spirit, he would become unstoppable.

This is of course counter balanced by the fact that as a Sith spirit, struggling against their own annihilation or rather subsumption into the Force, are in a precarious state of limbo, and often require some kind of anchor to the physical plane.

Anyway, I'm going to wait until 3.2 is released before passing judgement, I'm just making observations at this point.

Revanchiste
Being a spirit = fusion of your spirit withe the force... So... A part of you personality became a part of the force....

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Zenwolf
What? Being a spirit doesn't make one weaker, plus isn't Ziost a nexus? So Vitiate being able to dominate the minds of all those guys, of course it's gonna happen given he can draw on the energies much like many Sith spirits have done to use vast power and the like. It's nothing new really.

It's impressive sure, but people it's nothing that hasn't been done.
While spirits are powerful manifestations of the Force in their own right, they do not match the raw power of their mortal-self.

Also, this is official disclosure:

Unleashed from hiding on Yavin 4, the former Sith Emperor has struck the Imperial world of Ziost. Using his immense power in the dark side of the Force, he has dominated the minds of the planet's martial forces--as well as an elite cadre of militaristic Jedi--and has set them against the populace, engaging in a bloody slaughter.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=802798

Ziost, being strong in the dark side, is irrelevant. Emperor Vitiate is not dependent on a nexus setting to perform great feats, he represents embodiment of the dark side:

The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

He was a living embodiment of the dark side of the Force who delighted in destroying the minds and spirits of those Jedi who came too close to him.[/I

---

Also, Emperor creates nexuses in his wake in any region, as a side-effect of his actions. He is the embodiment of the dark side.

chilled monkey
Umm.... What? If we are using disney canon and not EU then Vitiate doesn't even exist.

It baffles me how people keep forgetting that Disney have stated they will be borrowing/recycling stuff from the EU/Legends continuity. That means they can easily bring him back into it.

They are not so stupid that they'd just ignore so many awesome ideas.

psmith81992
Name me one spirit that was more powerful than his corporeal form. And we have seen only a handful of spirits that possess any kind of power.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
While spirits are powerful manifestations of the Force in their own right, they do not match the raw power of their mortal-self.

Also, this is official disclosure:

Unleashed from hiding on Yavin 4, the former Sith Emperor has struck the Imperial world of Ziost. Using his immense power in the dark side of the Force, he has dominated the minds of the planet's martial forces--as well as an elite cadre of militaristic Jedi--and has set them against the populace, engaging in a bloody slaughter.

Ziost, being strong in the dark side, is irrelevant. Emperor Vitiate is not dependent on a nexus setting to perform great feats, he represents embodiment of the dark side:

The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side.

He was a living embodiment of the dark side of the Force who delighted in destroying the minds and spirits of those Jedi who came too close to him.

That says nothing about Spirit beings not being able to match their mortal body. All it's saying is that Vitiate used his immense power of the Dark side and he's a spirit there.

Also PS, Exar Kun?...He showed far more power than when he was mortal.

But i'll let the people with better knowledge of spiritual forms take this.

Nephthys
Exar Kun needed to borrow power from other sources to properly effect the physical world iirc. He very much wasn't at full strength.

S_W_LeGenD
Wolf is right, being a spirit makes one much more potent, as you are no longer restricted by the limitations of your physical form e.g. midichlorians and altogether are in closer harmony with the Force. Just like Jedi, Sith Spirits can become "more powerful than you can possible imagine".
Spirits do not have the raw power of mortals.

Yes, spirits are in closer harmony with the Force but they have limitations that they attempt to overcome by acquiring a suitable host which they use to manipulate the environment in greater ways then they can otherwise.

And that statement implies "immortality," if I am not mistaken.

Hence why Exar Kun believed that by transforming into a spirit, he would become unstoppable.
Exar Kun, in spirit form, seduced a subject (e.g. Jedi padawan) to dark side. Using this strategy, he was able to possess a fallen padawan.

As an example:

The spirit of Exar Kun, trapped for four thousand years, had been awakened by the Jedi trainees and their explorations of the Force. Restricted in his ethereal form, Kun convinced Durron to seek greater pathways of power; the Sith Lord's plan was to achieve his own freedom.

Taken from (Star Wars: The Essential Chronology; Page 102)

S_W_LeGenD
That says nothing about Spirit beings not being able to match their mortal body. All it's saying is that Vitiate used his immense power of the Dark side and he's a spirit there.

Also PS, Exar Kun?...He showed far more power than when he was mortal.

But i'll let the people with better knowledge of spiritual forms take this.
My earlier disclosure have two points:

1. Spirits do not have the raw power of their mortal-self.

2. Emperor used his own power to perform impressive feats on Ziost. I provided ample evidence for verification of this point, refuting your (nexus argument) in the process.

As for point 1, see my response to member Beniboybling above, using the example of Exar Kun.

Also, SWTOR expansion (Shadow of Revan) discloses that Emperor is actually weaker in ethereal form. This makes sense since Emperor lost much of his power when his ultimate ritual was disrupted and suffered further setback from the confrontations during this moment of weakness.

However, Emperor is regaining his strength.

Zenwolf
My earlier disclosure have two points:

1. Spirits do not have the raw power of their mortal-self.

2. Emperor used his own power to perform impressive feats on Ziost. I provided ample evidence for verification of this point, refuting your (nexus argument) in the process.

As for point 1, see my response to member Beniboybling above, using the example of Exar Kun.

Also, SWTOR expansion (Shadow of Revan) discloses that Emperor is actually weaker in ethereal form. And that Emperor is making effort to regain his power.

It's not really evidence considering spirit or body, of course it's going to be Vitiate's own power. But who says that he isn't drawing upon the nexus energies?

Plus as I recall at the end of the expansion of Revan, he did return and showed how powerful he was, so if he was weak before, he isn't weak now.

Nephthys
Yeah, Obi-Wan was clearly speaking metaphorically and about his spiritual strength that would allow him eternal consciousness than about Force strength. Otherwise he would have snapped Vaders neck himself.

It's not really evidence considering spirit or body, of course it's going to be Vitiate's own power. But who says that he isn't drawing upon the nexus energies?

Plus as I recall at the end of the expansion of Revan, he did return and showed how powerful he was, so if he was weak before, he isn't weak now.

He returned in spirit form, but clearly not to full strength imo.

Zenwolf
Yeah, Obi-Wan was clearly speaking metaphorically and about his spiritual strength that would allow him eternal consciousness than about Force strength. Otherwise he would have snapped Vaders neck himself.

He returned in spirit form, but clearly not to full strength imo.

Well regardless anyway, he's shown to be powerful as a spirit considering what he's done on Ziost.

Though I guess we shall have to wait until playing, to see what is what.

Anyway I'm done here.

S_W_LeGenD
What part of this statement "Using his immense power in the dark side of the Force," - you didn't understand?

Your argument is baseless.

Emperor is very powerful even in ethereal form. However, he is in the process of regaining his former strength.

Zenwolf
What part of this statement "Using his immense power in the dark side of the Force," - you didn't understand?

Your argument is baseless.

Emperor is very powerful even in ethereal form. However, he is in the process of regaining his former strength.

I understand yes, that he uses his immense power in the darkside.

But I'm not really using it as an argument, just speculating that he could also be possible drawing from Zoist too along with his power.

But anyway I'm done, just gonna wait and see what is what when the expansion comes out and what happens.

Beniboybling
Spirits do not have the raw power of mortals.

Yes, spirits are in closer harmony with the Force but they have limitations that they attempt to overcome by acquiring a suitable host which they use to manipulate the environment in greater ways then they can otherwise.

And that statement implies "immortality," if I am not mistaken.

Exar Kun, in spirit form, seduced a subject (e.g. Jedi padawan) to dark side. Using this strategy, he was able to possess a fallen padawan.

As an example:

The spirit of Exar Kun, trapped for four thousand years, had been awakened by the Jedi trainees and their explorations of the Force. Restricted in his ethereal form, Kun convinced Durron to seek greater pathways of power; the Sith Lord's plan was to achieve his own freedom.

Taken from (Star Wars: The Essential Chronology; Page 102) Restricted =/= less powerful. What the Chronology refers to is Exar Kun's inability to leave Yavin 4 (and likely his restriction to areas around the Temple) i.e. "his own freedom." Because many Sith spirits are forced to anchor themselves to certain points to avoid being subsumed by the Force, chains strengthed by the Order's Wall of Light.

The ability to effect the corporeal world is an initial barrier, but once overcome Sith spirits can exert immense power.

Exar Kun, despite not being at full strength - his powers depleted after 4,000 years -remained incredibly powerful and able to influence the environment in potent ways.

For examples he ragdolls Corran Horn, causes Luke to experience profound illusions, burns Gantoris inside out and with Kyp's help one shots Skywalker and sends him into a coma. The various amps he required to perform some of these feats are irrelevant, as his powers had faded, if Kun had been at full strength all of this would have been within his ability.

And all of these feats surpass everything Kun did in life.

The_Tempest
Major waves of butthurt from the TOR crew. Looks like I'll be surfing!

Beniboybling
Also, SWTOR expansion (Shadow of Revan) discloses that Emperor is actually weaker in ethereal form. This makes sense since Emperor lost much of his power when his ultimate ritual was disrupted and suffered further setback from the confrontations during this moment of weakness.

However, Emperor is regaining his strength. In spirit form lots of barriers would be broken down, especially in regards to the abilities of others to defend themselves against you, so essentially he'd be able to do more with less.

ares834
Originally posted by chilled monkey
It baffles me how people keep forgetting that Disney have stated they will be borrowing/recycling stuff from the EU/Legends continuity. That means they can easily bring him back into it.

They are not so stupid that they'd just ignore so many awesome ideas.

Sure, I thought you were implying he was still canon not that Disney may decide to copy him.

With that said, I'd strongly disagree that Vitiate is an "awesome idea". There are plenty of bad ass Sith that I would be happy if they drew upon: Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Revan, even Nihilus to some extent. But Vitiate? Keep that shitty Sidious clone as far away from canon as possible.

Selenial
Just so you guys know, that's not the full story arc. Bioware has blocked off a temple area on the map that could very well be the final stage, because the final class quest can't actually be completed (turned in)

The_Tempest
I think people generally liked Vitiate more when they first saw him in Return of the Jedi.

Beniboybling
In regards to Exar Kun:In many ways the Sith Emperor is doing the same thing here , heck he's probably using the same apparatus.

Sinious
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I think people generally liked Vitiate more when they first saw him in Return of the Jedi. big grin

Selenial
I think people generally liked Vitiate more when they first saw him in Return of the Jedi.

laughing out loud

Nephthys
Major waves of butthurt from the TOR crew. Looks like I'll be surfing!

Uh, no. It's butthurt from the PT crowd, trying to prove Sidious is the best again. We were all being very placid until people got defensive and tried to compare feats.

In spirit form lots of barriers would be broken down, especially in regards to the abilities of others to defend themselves against you, so essentially he'd be able to do more with less.

You really think that if Vitiate was at full strength he'd still be unable to dominate Lana? He's clearly still not all there yet.

Sinious
You really think that if Vitiate was at full strength he'd still be unable to dominate Lana? He's clearly still not all there yet.

laughing out loud

Lana > Revan confirmed.

S_W_LeGenD
http://wallpapers87.com/wallpapers-n/Star-Wars-Sith-emperor-The-Clone-Wars-Darth-Sidious-IA-palpatine-sidious-_723360-47.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
He (pwned) Lana actually. confused

Agreed with your point otherwise.

psmith81992
Yea, the PT crew is definitely defensive. Also Vitiate is nothing like Sidious.

Nephthys
He (pwned) Lana actually. confused

Agreed with your point otherwise.

I meant mentally. He couldn't dominate her mind.

Revanchiste
Yea, the PT crew is definitely defensive. Also Vitiate is nothing like Sidious.
Pretty near it....

S_W_LeGenD
I meant mentally. He couldn't dominate her mind.
He attempted that?

He broke and possessed powerful Jedi on Ziost nonetheless. Among his hosts, one of the female Jedi Masters was really powerful.

However, I agree, Emperor would break Lana swiftly with his proper strength.

Nephthys
She said he had tried repeatedly.

Yeah. Interestingly that Jedi seemed stronger than Lana. Unless Vitiate was boosting her strength while in possession of her.

Definitely.

Sinious

Yeah. Interestingly that Jedi seemed stronger than Lana. Unless Vitiate was boosting her strength while in possession of her.

I think that's it. She shouldn't have hoped to defeat Nox on her own power otherwise. Besides, she had some crazy TK action going on which I doubt would be the case if Vitiate hadn't boosted her power.

NewGuy01
Can someone provide a quote saying Vitiate had possessed the population of the planet in it's entirety? Because so far I've only been able to find Lana telling us that he's terrorizing a specific sector. Much appreciated.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Can someone provide a quote saying Vitiate had possessed the population of the planet in it's entirety? Because so far I've only been able to find Lana telling us that he's terrorizing a specific sector. Much appreciated.

Considering though it says, he takes control of the martial forces and Jedi, that doesn't mean he took over the entire planet especially when it says he sent them at the population.

So him dominating a sector seems about right.

Nephthys
Well unless there's literally only one city on the entire planet.....

carthage
Didn't Nox ragdoll a Jedi in a section?

Zenwolf
Well unless there's literally only one city on the entire planet.....

Hm?

Lana's quote and the Patch Notes quote seems to be fine with consistency.

He only mind dominated the military forces and sent to kill the population.

So him dominating a sector seems about right and really he doesn't need anything else to slaughter the population if they are defenseless, it doesn't have to be an instant slaughter of everything. Maybe he has a bigger scheme going on...

Eh we shall see when all this unfolds in full.

Beniboybling
You really think that if Vitiate was at full strength he'd still be unable to dominate Lana? He's clearly still not all there yet. Your missing the point, I'm saying that he can do more i.e. perform more advanced abilites, with less power. E.g. 70% Spirit Sith Emperor > 100% Corporeal Sith Emperor, because as a spirit he is an intrinsically heightened connection to the Force, regardless of whether his powers are depleted or not.

And was Lana in the Sith Emperor's presence? I presume not. Which would mean its not proof Spirit Sith Emperor is inferior, as he has never dominated a mind from a far until now. Which is probably no coincidence.

psmith81992
What is this nonsense about sith spirits being more powerful than their corporeal form? We don't have any evidence of anything resembling that.

Beniboybling
Well unless there's literally only one city on the entire planet..... Ziost isn't exactly hospitable... I wouldn't be surprised.

Nephthys
Hm?

Lana's quote and the Patch Notes quote seems to be fine with consistency.

He only mind dominated the military forces and sent to kill the population.

So him dominating a sector seems about right and really he doesn't need anything else to slaughter the population if they are defenseless, it doesn't have to be an instant slaughter of everything. Maybe he has a bigger scheme going on...

Eh we shall see when all this unfolds in full.

It says he controlled the planets military force. Indicating it's across the entire planet. The entire military force of a planet isn't going to be in a single sector unless that's the only population zone.

And I mean, that they even split Ziost into sectors indicates there's a need to differentiate between population zones. And it's mentioned theres fighting across the globe. Which pretty much proves there isn't.

Nephthys
Your missing the point, I'm saying that he can do more i.e. perform more advanced abilites, with less power. E.g. 70% Spirit Sith Emperor > 100% Corporeal Sith Emperor, because as a spirit he is an intrinsically heightened connection to the Force, regardless of whether his powers are depleted or not.

And was Lana in the Sith Emperor's presence? I presume not. Which would mean its not proof Spirit Sith Emperor is inferior, as he has never dominated a mind from a far until now. Which is probably no coincidence.

There's nothing indicating that's true or that he has a heightened connection to the Force. If anything he has a lesser connection to the Force because he's not actually connected to it like someone would be through their midi-chlorians. That's probably why spirits get so tired so easily and need outside replenishment. They lack the ability to channel power from the Force directly. And you didn't explain why that would make his feat easier for him to perform. Why would your theoretical state make it so he can do more with less?

What? Why do you think he needs to be in someones presence? He's a spirit, he doesn't have a presence. And he's controlled the military of an entire planet, was he in the presence of all of them at the time? But yeah, he was. In his Jedi Master body, multiple times. He wasn't in the presence of the soldiers he dominates at the end of the video either, so obviously it isn't needed. Not that there's a reason a mental domination would require such proximity even speculatively. And as a spirit, there's nothing stopping him from simply getting closer to her if that's a factor.

Revanchiste
This debate will go on for day untils the end of the 3.2....
Actualy one month after...
I win you're all gonna to post a top 20 stupid things about T WC 2008. Or what TCW do wrong.
Why and if I loose? What I bet? Nothing, I'm not gona to loose this.

ares834

Sinious

ares834
Him getting knocked on his ass doesn't have much to do with power. Vitiate is indeed stronger in SWTOR than he was in the novel but I think that isn't a good example to make a case here.

Sure it does. It deals with precog and force defenses.

SIDIOUS 66
Lol @ Ant claiming outdated quotes, but using outdated quotes for Revan.

Lol @ LeGenD claiming Vitiate is no longer a sith. I can just as well say Palpatine isn't a sith, but a nexus of dark side energy that swells and bursts the fabric of space. They're both sith, except Palpatine is his superior.

Sidious also mindwiped potentially millions on Coruscant.

Not to mention, Vitiate drew on the potent energies of Ziost to increase his power (nexus feat, lol). What Palpatine did to Byss was more impressive in that he infused Byss with his own power.

Still an extremely impressive feat for Vitiate and now I'm not so hesitant on placing Vitiate above Plagueis.

Revanchiste
I win you're all gonna to post a top 20 stupid things about T WC 2008. Or what TCW do wrong.

No one ready to bet his balls or boobs?

SIDIOUS 66
I understand yes, that he uses his immense power in the darkside.

But I'm not really using it as an argument, just speculating that he could also be possible drawing from Zoist too along with his power.

But anyway I'm done, just gonna wait and see what is what when the expansion comes out and what happens.

Never mind LeGenD, it's made clear at the beginning of the video that he's using the nexus of Ziost.

Regardless, spirit Palpatine was opening up and controlling wormholes. He did so to teleport his spirit light years away from the Death Star. So even in that form, Sidious is Vitiate's superior.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Lol @ LeGenD claiming Vitiate is no longer a sith. I can just as well say Palpatine isn't a sith, but a nexus of dark side energy that swells and bursts the fabric of space. They're both sith, except Palpatine is his superior.
Emperor is killing both Jedi and Sith, he is no longer interested in Sith related matters FYI. Also, he is more like an entity then a Sith.

The Emperor was no longer a member of the Sith species; his power and immortality had transformed him into a being unique in the galaxy.

Taken from (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

Why do you think that both Jedi and Sith want to stop Emperor?

Not to mention, Vitiate drew on the potent energies of Ziost to increase his power (nexus feat, lol). What Palpatine did to Byss was more impressive in that he infused Byss with his own power.
Read this again and again:

Sinious
Sure it does. It deals with precog and force defenses.

His focus and energy was used on TP at the beginning and his overconfidence made him underestimate the opposition. The moment he used his potent attack, Revan was instantly overwhelmed. If they were as comparable as you think, we would see something similar to Yoda's performance against Sidious' lightning.

Still an extremely impressive feat for Vitiate and now I'm not so hesitant on placing Vitiate above Plagueis.

I think you'll think the same with Caedus when/if Vitiate takes a physical form and gets less vague combat feats in future patches.

S_W_LeGenD
Never mind LeGenD, it's made clear at the beginning of the video that he's using the nexus of Ziost.

Regardless, spirit Palpatine was opening up and controlling wormholes. He did so to teleport his spirit light years away from the Death Star. So even in that form, Sidious is Vitiate's superior.
You are making shit up. Do not misrepresent Palpatine's actions.

Palpatine, after loosing his body on Endor, arrived on Byss in essence form with aid of other spirits. He managed to possess an individual after his arrival and spent years regaining his strength. In-fact, Palpatine became more powerful then he ever had been before during his time of recuperation on Byss; he drew strength from Byss populace to fuel his own, and used such power to unleash wormholes.

SIDIOUS 66
Watch the video LeGenD.

Nihilus would qualify as not being a sith more than either of them, yet he's still categorized as a sith. Different sith have different ambitions, but still a sith. Vitiate's a sith, and an inferior one to Sidious as are the rest. Lol

ares834
His focus and energy was used on TP at the beginning and his overconfidence made him underestimate the opposition. The moment he used his potent attack, Revan was instantly overwhelmed. If they were as comparable as you think, we would see something similar to Yoda's performance against Sidious' lightning.

So his attempt at turning Revan took so much power and concentration he was left defenseless against Revan's counter attack and he got knocked on his ass. Thank you for proving my point for me. smile

SIDIOUS 66
You are making shit up. Do not misrepresent Palpatine's actions.

Palpatine, after loosing his body on Endor, arrived on Byss in essence form with aid of other spirits. He managed to possess an individual after his arrival and spent years regaining his strength. In-fact, Palpatine became more powerful then he ever had been before during his time of recuperation on Byss. He also drew strength from Byss populace to fuel his own and used such power to unleash wormholes.

Feeding on Byss' populace only served to increase his life span, especially his inferior clones. He was no where near Byss when he unleashed a storm against the republic. Furthermore, the DE endnotes establishes that was the result of Palpatine's own power, as he was a chaotic nexus of dark side energy.

He had aid from other sith to break free from chaos after being consumed by his redirected force storm, not when Vader killed him. Everyone has seen the source. Sorry LeGenD. I can provide it later in case anyone hasn't.

S_W_LeGenD
Watch the video LeGenD.
The content is under development. Also, I have posted official information of BioWare regarding Emperor's actions on Ziost. It is good enough to dispel other claims.

Nihilus would qualify as not being a sith more than either of them, yet he's still categorized as a sith. Different sith have different ambitions, but still a sith. Vitiate's a sith, and an inferior one to Sidious as are the rest. Lol
I have provided actual quote from a novel which implies that Emperor is not a Sith in strict sense. Irrespective of how Emperor is perceived, your ranking preferences are based on outdated sources. Much have changed since then.

Nephthys
Vitiate using Ziost's nexus is just Lana's agents guesstimation tbh. Although looking at it he just states the darkside is strong on Ziost and then says Vitiate is using the resources.

SIDIOUS 66
I think you'll think the same with Caedus when/if Vitiate takes a physical form and gets less vague combat feats in future patches.

Less vague combat feats doesn't translate to being a Caedus level combatant. Though Vitiate has more potent attacks, Caedus' defenses are stronger than Vitiate's attacks, and possibly even greater TK.

psmith81992
As usual with anything you say, this begs proof.

SIDIOUS 66
Vitiate using Ziost's nexus is just Lana's agents guesstimation tbh. Although looking at it he just states the darkside is strong on Ziost and then says Vitiate is using the resources.

A very accurate one when taking everything in to consideration.

Revanchiste

DarthAnt66
SIDIOUS 66's motion that Vitiate is still a Sith is lolworthy.

S_W_LeGenD
Feeding on Byss' populace only served to increase his life span, especially his inferior clones.
Palpatine's clones deteriorated. Your argument is weak.

He was no where near Byss when he unleashed a storm against the republic.
I am not asserting that Palpatine should be on Byss to unleash Force Storms. I am asserting that Palpatine drew strength from Byss populace to fuel his own, and this is how he became more powerful then he ever had been earlier.

Furthermore, the DE endnotes establishes that was the result of Palpatine's own power, as he was a chaotic nexus of dark side energy.
Palpatine, as of DE, have no corporeal existence. His power comes from siphoning energy of others.

He had aid from other sith to break free from chaos after being consumed by his redirected force storm, not when Vader killed him. Everyone has seen the source. Sorry LeGenD. I can provide it later in case anyone hasn't.
Really?

Sith spirit: Emperor of numerous worlds... Lord Vader's throne still remains empty. Have you now come to take his place and join us? // Palpatine: No! Not that... ...Your spirits guided me back to this life when I was destroyed by Vader... and his children... My aging clone body will soon die. I need healing... Now.

Taken from (Star Wars: Empire's End)

Also:

He had spent over a year disembodied, formless, drifting through the maddening void of the Dark Side.

He had never foreseen having to transport his spirit so far across space. He had nearly dispersed forever, but he had survived, and now need never fear death again.

As soon as consciousness flickered back to a new clone body on Byss, he opened his eyes. All was as he had planned. He laughed out loud. He
had won! The Rebellion had defeated his fleet, but he would return to rule the galaxy again.

He knew there would be war among his servants since none of them had the knowledge or power he held.

But he wasn't in a position to act just yet. Years of rest and recovery lay ahead. Perhaps it was better this way. His forces had failed him, and the price for failure was what it had always been, death.

As years passed and he grew stronger, he began to concentrate more on his Dark Side studies. Still, he did grow occasionally concerned when one leader or another would come close to silencing the others and claiming the throne. Such ones were dealt with easily. He could let any of his Dark Side Adepts or other loyal servants handle the matter. After all, he still had his Hands and his Noghri.

Taken from (The Dark Empire Sourcebook)

Sinious

SIDIOUS 66
As usual with anything you say, this begs proof.

As usual, you'll deny such evidence even if shoved in your face, and assert Vitiate's lightning to be all powerful and use the fact that Caedus has never deflected lightning of Vitiate's caliber, instead of comparing/contrasting the attacks and coming to a logical conclusion. Or, you'll just bring up some fancy non-related combat feat as a counter-argument.

S_W_LeGenD
Less vague combat feats doesn't translate to being a Caedus level combatant. Though Vitiate has more potent attacks, Caedus' defenses are stronger than Vitiate's attacks, and possibly even greater TK.
Here is the difference:-

When Caedus confronted a Jedi Strike Team, it turned out to be a long battle and Caedus relied on a nearby speeder to turn the tide of the battle.

When Emperor confronted a Jedi Strike Team, he easily overwhelmed the opposition with his powers.

Conclusion: Emperor >>>> Caedus

ares834

Sinious
Fair enough.

SIDIOUS 66
@LeGenD,

There's a source that credits Palpatine's knowledge of wormholes from the ancient sith spirits, using the knowledge to teleport his spirit, so that may have given some context as to what Palpatine meant. Otherwise, every other source indicates Palpatine's spirit never left the physical world.

And yes, Palpatine's clones were deteriorating rapidly, hence him using Byss' populace to increase his life, nothing more.

@Sinious--I know what you meant, but Caedus is far above even some of the best combatants.

SIDIOUS 66's motion that Vitiate is still a Sith is lolworthy.

Nice to see you took SKILLS approach in analyzing Revan's power. Not bad. He's a good example for the TOR fans.

NewGuy01
A long confrontation? It was a little over 15 seconds.

DarthAnt66
Nice to see you took SKILLS approach in analyzing Revan's power. .

What?

Beniboybling
The content is under development. Also, I have posted official information of BioWare regarding Emperor's actions on Ziost. It is good enough to dispel other claims.

I have provided actual quote from a novel which implies that Emperor is not a Sith in strict sense. Irrespective of how Emperor is perceived, your ranking preferences are based on outdated sources. Much have changed since then. Lol @Legend not using his full name the Sith Emperor.

A Sith is a Force sensitive who abides by Sith philosophy, and the Sith Emperor does so to the letter.

Beniboybling
There's nothing indicating that's true or that he has a heightened connection to the Force. If anything he has a lesser connection to the Force because he's not actually connected to it like someone would be through their midi-chlorians. That's probably why spirits get so tired so easily and need outside replenishment. They lack the ability to channel power from the Force directly. And you didn't explain why that would make his feat easier for him to perform. Why would your theoretical state make it so he can do more with less?Erm, Force spirits are made from Force energy, they are part of the Living Force itself. Midi-chlorians are not the Force, they are a middle man, channeling the Force through midichlorians is not channeling the Force directly, its channeling it indirectly.

I mean really this is basically Star Wars knowledge, that when a Force User dies they pass into the Netherworld of the Force, that they become one with the Force. The spirit state is therefore a state of limbo, but its much closer to the Force than any coporeal being could be, who channels the Force through an essential third party.

I also see no evidence to support the notion that spirits tire easily. It took 4,000 years for Exar Kun's powers to be exhausted, and still he was powerful.

I've already provided many examples to support my argument, such as mere Sith Lords dominating the minds of other Sith Lords in the Dark Temple, which at the time only the Sith Emperor himself appeared capable of, and Exar Kun invading Luke's mind and sending him into a coma.

I'd also remind you of this quote:And to add, some interesting things I found from The Tenebrous Way:I think its made obvious by these sources that when freed from your physical form barriers are broken down.The Sith Emperor does have a presence, we see it leaving Yavin 4, and that presence needs an anchor, I expect the Emperor was capable of traversing the galaxy for a short while, but eventually he'd need somewhere for his spirit to be housed, and perhaps hand the assistance of the Emperor's Hand in his "escape".

Selenial said something about a Temple, so expect upon arriving on Ziost, his presence was housed their, or somewhere on the planet, and it is there he is projecting himself. So yes, I would argue proximity is the issue here, so its not proof he's weaker than his corporeal form, which again never possessed anyone from a far.

psmith81992
You really aren't getting it. Sith spirits have never been stronger than their corporeal form. There is ONLY evidence of that fact, despite your ridiculous "middle man" .

DarthAnt66
@Beni:

He is no longer the Sith Emperor. If you had a basic understanding on SWTOR you would know they now refer to him specifically as "Vitiate" and even say...

"Attention former Sith Emperor! Your repeated and horrific crimes against the Republic and innocent civilians throughout the galaxy will not go unpunished."

"War has broken out across the globe. Our former Emperor, however, has limited his involvement to the area around New Adasta--near you."

"Vitiate is not our Emperor. Not anymore."

"Aid in diminishing the former Sith Emperor's power by defeating the following enemies in any difficulty mode"

Please stop embarrassing yourself. I got a link for content I suggest you should start off with: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110313101549AA2KU7q big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>