How did Superman kill Zod in Man of Steel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
I thought the only way to kill a krytonian was to use green kryptonite, so how is it that Superman managed to kill Zod that easily just by splitting his neck? I thought kyyptonians couldn't get killed any way other than green kryptonite? That's what it says in Smallville.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I thought the only way to kill a krytonian was to use green kryptonite, so how is it that Superman managed to kill Zod that easily just by splitting his neck? I thought kyyptonians couldn't get killed any way other than green kryptonite? That's what it says in Smallville.

Kryptonians still have humanoid biology, a brain, spinal cord and all that other stuff. A broken neck is a broken neck. And the way he broke his neck was pretty uber. To add, there is no knite in these movies, so it does not exist.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever

You thought wrong.

Here's why:

1. The Man of Steel movie isn't Smallville the show.
Different genres, different rules.

2. It's "kRyptonian" not "kYyptonian".

3. Zod's neck wasn't split, it was snapped.
In fact, here: while the link is allowed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKsuA4Bi-c

4. There are other ways to kill Kryptonians besides using Kryptonite, even in other continuities. They don't even need to be depowered first, though that makes it easier, especially if "miraculous healing factor" isn't given prime consideration. Kryptonite is just one of the few, relatively easy ways to accomplish that killing. Other methods are generally much harder.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
You thought wrong.

Here's why:

1. The Man of Steel movie isn't Smallville the show.
Different genres, different rules.

2. It's "kRyptonian" not "kYyptonian".

3. Zod's neck wasn't split, it was snapped.
In fact, here: while the link is allowed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKsuA4Bi-c

4. There are other ways to kill Kryptonians besides using Kryptonite, even in other continuities. They don't even need to be depowered first, though that makes it easier, especially if "miraculous healing factor" isn't given prime consideration. Kryptonite is just one of the few, relatively easy ways to accomplish that killing. Other methods are generally much harder.

Why be such a dick about it?

juggerman
Was gonna ask the same thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.