KMC Very Public War #1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Werewolf582
So inspired by the High-Meta tourney (Thanks to Kris Blade), I got together a small group of people to start a different kind of Tourney.

This is a friendly tourney between: Me, Supermuntant, Carver9, psycho gundam, and Martian_mind (Yes their is an odd number of people, so there will be a three wayembarrasment )

We are still looking for judges if anyone's up for it. We have two maybe 3, but they aren't set and stone.

I'll be sending PMs to people so we can get the matches underway going ASAP. And of course, if you can't start immediately, you can PM your opponent on when a good start date is appropriate.

Everyone has agreed to the rules, so those are set and stone.

Power Level & Format: 2-character amalgam. One at or below high meta plus one at or below low herald

Total Power Cap After Amalgamation: Mid Herald

Post Limit: 5

Self or Characters: Were drafting the characters

Amping Rules: Disallowed. Materials that aid a power (i.e. Jeffries/adamantium) are allowed. Power amping is not (i.e. The Ray + Kara)

Tech Creation & Non-Autonomous Constructs/Summons: mid meta limit

Prep:
30 seconds
Technology/battle suits must be created in the fight
Tech/Battle suits can not go above high-meta cap

Speed Limit: Mach 20

Banned Powers: Speed Force, Time Manip., Power Copying, Autonomous Constructs (tech or magic), Offensive Matter Manip., Memory Retention, Duplication, Body swapping

TP Limit: Emma frost

No instant kill moves

Notes:
- Dispersal/KO/Etc count as a win. BFR will be off.

Location of the battle: New York (Abandoned city)

And again this is a friendly tourney, so I except you to kill each other stick out tongue

Scoobless
You doing secret or public character drafting? We used an outside party to collect/post the drafts ... and the match write-ups

Werewolf582
Secret, makes things more interesting.

Supermutant
I'm glad that you got the ball rolling. thumb up

Werewolf582
Originally posted by Supermutant
What are the matchups? And who do we send the opening post to?

I'm glad that you got the ball rolling. thumb up

I'll find that out myself here in a little bit.

I'll probably just put everyone's name into a hat and decide that way stick out tongue

Supermutant
LOL I edited that when I saw that part about pms.

Werewolf582
Well I just asked Leo to allow us to send our opening post to him.

Abhi is willing to judge, and I'm sure Pr wouldn't mind. DS might judge as well, so we might be good on judges if those two say yes. And I could ask beat as well if one of them says no.

carver9
When is the deadline for our posts? I am free to give my reply this weekend.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by carver9

I understand that people get busy, so I don't expect all the battles to finish quickly. What would you put it at?

Edit: In fact send your characters to Leo. I'll have him post the teams when he receives all of them.

Werewolf582
And after drawing the names, its.

Werewolf vs Supermutant vs Martian_Mind

Gundam vs Carver

psycho gundam
when does this start?

Existere
I'm happy to judge if you need

Martian_mind
S

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Martian_mind
S

Sorry, phone decided to have a freak-out.

Anyway, to echo PG, when do we start?

Supermutant
Originally posted by Werewolf582
Secret, makes things more interesting.

I agree, and think if we kept characters secret until after opening post it would be more fun.

Blair Wind
Blind opening posts? For a Public War, sounds a lot more secretive than than Secret War.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Blind opening posts? For a Public War, sounds a lot more secretive than than Secret War.

Shhh! ... it's supposed to be a secret.... huhu

"Id"
I have a few nice combos in mind.
PM me if you would like to know what they are.

Digi
Originally posted by "Id"
I have a few nice combos in mind.
PM me if you would like to know what they are.

Lol. I assume you've seen the rules on power amping and total power limit, yeah?

"Id"
Originally posted by Digi
Lol. I assume you've seen the rules on power amping and total power limit, yeah?

Haha
Yes drafts, and combos are legal.
I also offer team evaluation.

Id your kmc battlezone legal advisor.

Digi
Haha

Smh

I'll offer consultation on Id's evaluation. I won't critique your team, I'll just critique his advice on your team.

leonidas
then i'll critique digi's critique. but i'll require a small fee to do so. my time ain't cheap like those other posers'. sneer

leonidas
btw should i just arbitrarily nix a pick if it is outside the limits? i've only received a couple pairings so far....

Scoobless
Haha

One minor "victory" and his head barely fits through the door.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smh

I'll offer consultation on Id's evaluation. I won't critique your team, I'll just critique his advice on your team.

Originally posted by leonidas
then i'll critique digi's critique. but i'll require a small fee to do so. my time ain't cheap like those other posers'. sneer

I critique circles around you f**kers... I'll lay down the mother-humping critique de sole

ahuh

btw should i just arbitrarily nix a pick if it is outside the limits? i've only received a couple pairings so far....

I guess Leo could get additional advice from Digi and I if he's unsure of legalities.

Supermutant
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Well, we can't copy everything from you guys. Well maybe we can. stick out tongue

"Id"
Originally posted by Scoobless
One minor "victory" and his head barely fits through the door.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hush it old man.
Your out of your depth.
This isnt 2005. stick out tongue

Digi
Lol, but anyway, I'm happy to play spoil-sport with picks if needed. Leo's free to PM me, provided it's just the pick (not who picked him...better for objectivity).

Supermutant
My OP has been sent to keep the ball rolling.

leonidas
so, you want me to just post this stuff when i get all the OP's? are you going to reveal who has who first?

leonidas
still waiting on picks from martian and carv....have 1 OP in already...

Supermutant
so, you want me to just post this stuff when i get all the OP's? are you going to reveal who has who first?

I say post the OPs when you get them all, if no one objects.

Digi
Leo and I have been chatting about the picks so far. I have to say, I'm impressed. It's hard to make a 1-to-1 comparison to the "Secret Wars" tourney, because our speed cap is a lot higher. But most of the amalgamations I've seen so far could absolutely hang with anything we drafted in ours.

Blair Wind
I expect good picks from Gundam and Martian. Don't know the others well enough to comment.

Martian_mind
This kicked off so ****ing quickly, caught me completely off-guard.

Anyway, I'll send in my picks to Leo tonight, and do my OP tomorrow.

beatboks
Lol. I assume you've seen the rules on power amping and total power limit, yeah? big grin big grin

Yeah, when they PM'd me the limit on amping, It ruled me out.

In Chris' tourney i was going to use Jarred Stephens body and Occult's power.

Body barely spidey level stats with above/= Logan healing and precog sight, and Occult moderate level TPer. Tker etc with dimensional travel and illusions.

But with Occult's Disk (and let's face it that is his power) that can absorb and control any supernatural energy around and Stephen's body bathed in the power of both Anubis and Nabu I was planning on having a skyfather level amalgam character (or at least pretty damn near).

beatboks
oh if you still need judges I should be good for that. Or if leo and digi want an third vetting teams

Scoobless
KMC: Contest of Champions

The winner of our tourney vs the winner of the public wars tourney?

Whadaya think?

(Digi, you can go ahead and ignore this post, it doesn't concern you)

stick out tongue

leonidas
laughing out loud

so before anyone else hands in an OP what do you all want me to do about duplicate picks? for our little shindig, we said it didn't matter if ONE pick was duped, so long as the other character was different. how you want me to handle that?

Supermutant
^ that sounds good to me
||

Scoobless
in that case would the match essentially be non-amalgam? Eliminate the identical parts as they cancel each other?

Wolverine + Batman Vs Spider-Man + Batman = Wolverine Vs Spider-Man

?????

DarkSaint85
I cannot judge, alas. I would love to. But have been shit recently....and I recognise that.

Martian_mind
If any of my picks are duplicate, I'm happy to repick. Just sayin.

Digi
There's at least one duplicate pick, but it's not the whole team, so it would be permissible.

There are also some on-the-line drafts. But no more or less so than Nova in ours, and they're all technically low herald in the tiers thread. Leo and I have been discussing things - and no promises yet - but I think we're leaning toward allowing those that have been drafted thus far.

leonidas
yeah, nothing egregious imo. line-staddlers but there were a few of them so i think it balances out. if someone wants to b!tch later about it--well, take it up with digi. wink

psycho gundam
^ that sounds good to me
|| Pretty sure that would hurt some of the arguments and make judging more difficult

leonidas
it's not my tourney so you guys decide if you want the dupe picks to be re-picks. should both repick, or is it first-come-first-serve? same characters can be used quite a bit differently as well, and mesh differently, which is why we decided one dupe character would be ok. but, it's up to you guys what you want me to do.

psycho gundam
I have 3 guesses on which picks are duplicates, all pretty obvious to me and those arguments look tiresome. 1st come, 1st served

Scoobless
If you don't want duplicate drafting then the only fair way is if both (or all) who are involved re-draft, but there's a chance the dupes wont even meet each other in a match.

And as Digi knows from his Thor Vs Thor BZ, it's not the power, it's how you use it that matters.

leonidas
thumb up

so, anyway, i have 1 who says keep the dupes, one who says not to. need more input from the others or it stays. if the group decides to repick, y'all also need to decide whether both repick or it's first-com-first-serve style. just let me know soon or i'm just gonna post the op's and open threads as they come in.

psycho gundam
I don't want to make this a huge ordeal but duplicate picks is not the norm at all.

Also I already made amalgam art so.....

Edit* The Thor vs Thor battlezone was a special case

leonidas
like i said, get the rest of the guys involved in this thing to make a decision. this thing seems based on our rules, and our rule is a single dupe was fine. there really is no 'norm' as rules in these things can vary at will. our mesh rules were very different from those usually used. seriously though, in all honesty, i could not care less which way you guys decide to go but without more input, i have to leave it as is. i certainly am NOT in charge, nor do i want to be the one to make any decisions of the type you're asking for. gather the group, make a decision and i'll happily follow your lead.

Supermutant
Whatever the majority wants is fine with me. I picked Captain Planet and Inspector Gadget anyway, so I can't lose.

psycho gundam
Making my OP tonight when I get home uhuh

Scoobless
Maybe you should finalise your standing on the dupe drafts before making a write up.

Otherwise it's simply dupes by default and no b1tching about it later.

Blair Wind
Gundam vs Carver

So, the duplicate is the Hulk? laughing out loud

"My hulk gets angrier than your hulk."
"No! MY Hulk gets angrier than your hulk because you're an annoying poster."
For infinity.

Martian_mind
Officially casting my vote in favour of keeping duplicates. Otherwise we run the risk of delays, which has been the death of many a tourney.

carver9
This kicked off so ****ing quickly, caught me completely off-guard.

Anyway, I'll send in my picks to Leo tonight, and do my OP tomorrow.

It did kick off pretty fast. I'm currently business traveling and I am 'suppose ' to be back in town tomorrow but I don't think that will happen. I will probably have to be exempted from this since for the past 2 weeks, I've been debating Primarily from my phone.

leonidas
so, carv is out. someone want to redo the match-ups then?

DarkSaint85

Gundam vs Carver

I will probably have to be exempted from this

Just give Psycho the win.

Scoobless
4 participants is better, just redo the draw.

psycho gundam
Hopefully that got rid of the redundant pick but if my best guess is correct it didn't
Maybe you should finalise your standing on the dupe drafts before making a write up.

Otherwise it's simply dupes by default and no b1tching about it later. I mean, if it would satisfy you I could punch Supermutant it the face *shrug*. I've already expressed that with this few people plus limited picks having to argue usage of the same character is something that can be avoided. My vote was already counted.

Supermutant
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I mean, if it would satisfy you I could punch Supermutant it the face *shrug*. I've already expressed that with this few people plus limited picks having to argue usage of the same character is something that can be avoided. My vote was already counted.

I don't know why my name is mention. I've made it pretty clear that I'm good either way. Also, I don't think its that big of a deal for reasons already mention.
Hopefully Werewolf will respond to this since he is the only one competing who hasn't. Plus he can draft the matchups again since no one had a complaint with the matchups before.

Blair Wind
And after drawing the names, its.

Werewolf vs Supermutant vs Martian_Mind

Gundam vs Carver

Just make it Werewolf vs Supermutant and Martian Mind vs Gundam.

psycho gundam
I don't know why my name is mention. I've made it pretty clear that I'm good either way. Also, I don't think its that big of a deal for reasons already mention.
Hopefully Werewolf will respond to this since he is the only one competing who hasn't. Plus he can draft the matchups again since no one had a complaint with the matchups before. I meant werewolf lol.

Supermutant

It did kick off pretty fast. I'm currently business traveling and I am 'suppose ' to be back in town tomorrow but I don't think that will happen. I will probably have to be exempted from this since for the past 2 weeks, I've been debating Primarily from my phone.

These posts clearly contradict each other, as now it is the weekend and this tourney has yet to kick off. So if you don't want to participate that's cool, but don't try to use "it kick off pretty fast" as an excuse, when it didn't kick off before your own deadline and has yet to kickoff.

Also you could have a match with Werewolf whenever both of you get back, so there's no immediate rush. Right now it looks like you were planning to bail out from the get go.

Anyway back to this, if Werewolf doesn't respond in a reasonable amount of time PG, MM, and myself have agreed to a 3-way battlezone, same rules and all that.

psycho gundam
Sent my OP to Leo late last night.

Supermutant
Martian Mind wants to give Werewolf two additional days, so unless something else comes up OPs are due to Leo by Monday.

Blair Wind
Maybe Id wants to join if Wolf stays MIA?

psycho gundam
Martian Mind wants to give Werewolf two additional days, so unless something else comes up OPs are due to Leo by Monday. Originally posted by Supermutant
Anyway back to this, if Werewolf doesn't respond in a reasonable amount of time PG, MM, and myself have agreed to a 3-way battlezone, same rules and all that. Let's go

Werewolf can get carver when he gets back from fixing the international space station

Supermutant
Well I have already sent my OP so its up to MM.

Martian_mind
I'll get it in tomorrow, if Werewolf still hasn't reared his head.

leonidas
so are we just making it the 3 of you? once i get martian's OP do you want me to open the thread?

Supermutant
yes and yes thumbup

carver9
These posts clearly contradict each other, as now it is the weekend and this tourney has yet to kick off. So if you don't want to participate that's cool, but don't try to use "it kick off pretty fast" as an excuse, when it didn't kick off before your own deadline and has yet to kickoff.

Also you could have a match with Werewolf whenever both of you get back, so there's no immediate rush. Right now it looks like you were planning to bail out from the get go.

Anyway back to this, if Werewolf doesn't respond in a reasonable amount of time PG, MM, and myself have agreed to a 3-way battlezone, same rules and all that.

Is that what you got from my post? I thought I would be home this weekend but I'm not due to business needs. I do have a life outside of KMC. If it wasn't so Irritating, I would debate via my phone but it isn't a simple process so I would prefer doing this at another convenient time for me.

Martian_mind
Alright, I'm taking this to mean Werewolf is officially out. I'll get my OP to Leo in a few hours.

Martian_mind
OP sent. Let battle be joined.

leonidas
will open the thread when i get home. expect it around 4 est.

leonidas
i'm ready to post 2/3 OPs but the other OP came in as a forwarded pm and i can't just copy/paste it without screwing up all his links so i need to wait until he resends it to me in a format i can post. once i get it, i'll open the thread.

Supermutant
FEGc5EmOXxc

leonidas
looks like it could be pretty interesting. not sure who has the advantage out of the gate. some nice combos--very powerful. should make for an entertaining match. well done thus far to all 3. i look forward to following this. not many 3-way matches around here....

Digi
Beastly drafts, gents. I've considered M'gann on more than one occasion. And Vision is obviously solid as well, having been picked by Scoob in a near identical format. And Sauron made me lol; an excellent outside the box pick. The low heralds are all top of their class, and we had to consider calling shenanigans on pretty much all of them. We didn't, of course, but that just demonstrates that you all got a lot out of the tier without going over. At least according to most (there was some disagreement on the legality of one of the picks, but I won't say which).

Now get to it!

Scoobless
Digi bitched about ugly posting Vs style in our tourney (and I will concede that point to him as a consolation prize for Leo kicking his @ss)

After considering the appearance of the posts in this thing so far, Gundam has the least ugly post, followed by supermutant.

Martian Mind is dead last with his old school link-posting ability combined with no font editing of any kind.

Of course ugly doesn't mean losing the match, but show a little pride dammit!

Supermutant
Beastly drafts, gents. I've considered M'gann on more than one occasion. And Vision is obviously solid as well, having been picked by Scoob in a near identical format. And Sauron made me lol; an excellent outside the box pick. The low heralds are all top of their class, and we had to consider calling shenanigans on pretty much all of them. We didn't, of course, but that just demonstrates that you all got a lot out of the tier without going over. At least according to most (there was some disagreement on the legality of one of the picks, but I won't say which).

Now get to it!

Let me guess, DOS Doomsday.

leonidas
he was ONE of them....

Digi
Let me guess, DOS Doomsday.

All of the low heralds were discussed. I was actually fine with all three (barely). But there's a competitive precedent, which is why I didn't say which one, and who it was that objected.

Supermutant
the bigger they are and all that...by the way the tiers thread here could definitely use some revision in general

Scoobless
I objected to everyone....gzilla

"Id"
Should have gotten a hold on me.
I had a few killer, and legit combos.

Existere
Three person battlezone is pretty exciting. mmm

leonidas
i should have crashed your bz with scoob! big grin

psycho gundam
It's kinda lookin' like checkmate right now anyway shifty

leonidas
confused

Scoobless
They say you never hear the bullet that has your name on it.... stups

psycho gundam
Sorry. Intangible happy

Martian_mind
So, when does this end exactly? Do we have a date, or is it when we hit a post-limit?

Supermutant
So, when does this end exactly? Do we have a date, or is it when we hit a post-limit?

Everyone has agreed to the rules, so those are set and stone.

Power Level & Format: 2-character amalgam. One at or below high meta plus one at or below low herald

Total Power Cap After Amalgamation: Mid Herald

Post Limit: 5

Self or Characters: Were drafting the characters

Amping Rules: Disallowed. Materials that aid a power (i.e. Jeffries/adamantium) are allowed. Power amping is not (i.e. The Ray + Kara)

Tech Creation & Non-Autonomous Constructs/Summons: mid meta limit

Prep:
30 seconds
Technology/battle suits must be created in the fight
Tech/Battle suits can not go above high-meta cap

Speed Limit: Mach 20

Banned Powers: Speed Force, Time Manip., Power Copying, Autonomous Constructs (tech or magic), Offensive Matter Manip., Memory Retention, Duplication, Body swapping

TP Limit: Emma frost

No instant kill moves

Notes:
- Dispersal/KO/Etc count as a win. BFR will be off.

Location of the battle: New York (Abandoned city)

And again this is a friendly tourney, so I except you to kill each other stick out tongue

Supermutant
We also need judges for this.

Existere
I'm happy to judge.

leonidas
i'm following it anyway so i could judge too i guess. scoob might be in as well, and i'm sure digi would chime in if someone begged him to do it.

Scoobless
How many judges do you want?

In a 1 Vs 1 match 5 is cool because you will definitely have a majority winner

the danger here is a 2/2/1 vote

More judges may be better, but still hard to avoid a tie.

That said, I'll join the pool of judges if you need more.

Supermutant
How many judges do you want?

In a 1 Vs 1 match 5 is cool because you will definitely have a majority winner

the danger here is a 2/2/1 vote

More judges may be better, but still hard to avoid a tie.

That said, I'll join the pool of judges if you need more.

Thanks, we need.

leonidas
anyone still fighting in this thing?!

psycho gundam
I was pretty busy this week but I will some time soon seeing as it's a long weekend

Martian_mind
^same as Gundam, long weekend is ****ing me up. Also, considering we don't have time-frame or the judges sorted, it's all a bit haphazard ATM. I'll have another post in the next two days though.

leonidas
so near as i can tell mutant has 5 posts and mm and pg each have 3. unless you're counting 2-part posts as single posts which....means you're not having a 5 post limit and more like a 10 post limit which means a lot more reading for judges who thought it was 5 posts. no expression

Scoobless
Yeah, 5 is 5... Not accepting 2a, post 3 part 2/b and such.

After each person's fifth post we should ignore anything else they post.

Scoobless
It's you three guys' tourney. You set the rules/limits. If you all agree to something I'll go along with it, but a judge has to work within the confines of those rules and right now it's five posts.

Like I said, if you three agree to change that, that's fine.

One tourney I competed in, my last one or two posts were deleted by a mod, at the request of a judge because I was half a day over the time limit (didn't use post limits back then)

"Id"
Supermutant your request is denied.

Now sit back, and allow PG & MM tear your argument down.

leonidas
well, if my own final gets going, don't know that i'll be able to judge this anyway. both are going longer than anticipated. see if you can round up someone in my place. scoob and smurph can continue to judge if they want--divided attention is better for me... shifty

psycho gundam
Just swamped with work stuff. Sorry

Um, splitting a post into 2 is just cause I hit the character limit and I cut a post in 2 and posted it right after. It's not cheating to get more than 5 posts. I didn't have much time to make the links integrated into the wording so... meh

leonidas
to be clear, i'm not excusing anyone at all of cheating. that's not what i was saying AT ALL. the reason i adopted the 5 post limit in all my bz's is because it becomes part of the strategy--you need to incorporate everything you need into a single post. it also prevents the whole quote and reply that was always a part of bz's when i first started doing them a while back. if you hit the limit...then you go back and delete. can't tell you how many times i've been forced to cut things--and on at least a few occasions i've lost a post because i posted and it was over. scoob understands the frustration THAT can cause....

i also like it because it usually limits a match to a single page and isn't as overwhelming for judges.

that said, it's your all match, so use whatever rules, however freely, you want. i also acknowledge that in a 3-way, a single post IS tougher since you're replying to 2 parties, and you came up with your rules when you thought they were 1on1 matches. it's just that if everyone starts making 1 post=2, it's a lot more reading and IF my match ever gets underway, i'll likely be busy with that anyway. i was hoping you guys would be further ahead and i could get both done, but i'll bow out of judging for the moment. if you're desperate, i'll still do it, but it will be tougher if i'm competing at the same time is all.

psycho gundam
Part A

Just since it's being discussed: Supermutant made a 2-parter post that was like 3 hours apart.... that's 2 separate posts imo

psycho gundam
Part B

This is 1 post BTW

evil face
I only have 1 post left that I would like to make, then I'm done. That's kinda unfair tbh

psycho gundam
Well that's b/c the first part was made about a week prior and saved as a draft, while waiting for you guys to respond. And it would have been a messed to edit that, you can clearly tell that as 3A doesn't respond to any recent post by 3B does. Anyway like I said there's only final post I would like to write. Yeah but that doesn't change things

Existere
6 post limit for each debater?

It feels like the 5 post limit should have changed when the format changed. 6 is close enough to the original, and hopefully means that this match will still wrap up soon and smoothly.

psycho gundam
It's part of the rules that there are 5 posts, he simply used all of his

Existere
Right, your guys' show, I'll stay out of it.

leonidas
laughing out loud

leonidas
https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/shots-fired-funny-28.jpg

psycho gundam
Really, that seems pretty crappy especially since I've been very patient with you guys week long absences. A 6th post is fair and reasonable. Starting to sound like you are afraid, this is a fun debate not some iron clad multi-million dollar contract. The rules are what make these things fun and you're essentially trying to get more bean bag throws to dunk us with.

Now you're taking shots at me as if I was afraid? If you're so confident why are you campaigning for an extra post?

Scoobless
whistling

Martian_mind
Well, this was an interesting cluster**** to log on to. Especially since it seems I have the deciding vote.

Anyway, I have no strong feelings either way, so I flipped a coin.

Sorry Mutant, but the five post limit stays. This was a shit decision to have to make, especially since I was guaranteed to piss off at least one of you.

psycho gundam
Not to mention your opponent burning through their post limit can be considered strategic or shooting themselves in the foot, something Supermutant probably figured out too late

K I will probably post tonight. Been grinding and just got an email this morning that I got a ticket to the Age of Ultron advanced screening cool

"Id"
Majority vote rules out your plea Supermutant. Your request is hereby denied.

Vaya con Dios.

Existere
So this is the Very Public War...

ermmnone

leonidas
i like it. thumb up

"Id"
You've shown your true colors!

leonidas
hey, id, you wanna weigh in on the smurph/scoob match??

"Id"
hey, id, you wanna weigh in on the smurph/scoob match??

OK
I'll be a one time temp judge.

Give me 48 hours.

leonidas
OK
I'll be a one time temp judge.

Give me 48 hours.

done. i don't think scoob or smurph will object. 'preciate it. thumb up

Scoobless
done. i don't think scoob or smurph will object. 'preciate it. thumb up

Depends on which way he votes....ermm13

psycho gundam
How exactly am I getting more, when we have the same number?

I remain confident, and you are confident in me too as my last post clearly exposed the incorrect statements and out of context scans you displayed.

I'm pretty sure you did that (intentionally in my opinion) and will especially try something similar now.

If you are truly confident in your amalgam and argument what difference does one additional post make?

Especially since I'm willing to let both of you make any number of additional posts in a row and get the last posts.

I will agree that I didn't think intentionally making my posts easier to read and track by splitting them up in parts would be used against me, so an opponent could dodge/run away from a debate.

I guess I should be honored since that's the only way you feel you have a shot to win.

I also think its crappy that you didn't voice any concern about this until now as, I made a 2a and 2b post w/out objections. I could have easily combine 3a-3b into one post and avoided all this. It's nothing personal, and maybe through text posts it comes off as rude or cold but it's really just a fairness thing. In your bravado you burned through your 5 posts. That isn't anyone's fault but your own.

I don't think I'm in the wrong here, I even turned down a "victory" over beatbox cause we AGREED on a set number of judges

http://i57.tinypic.com/a5ew6v.jpg

As someone who loves these battlezones you just have to try and adhere to the rules as possible and any special rules exeptions tend to taint the result

leonidas
si is this now just pg vs mm?

psycho gundam
There is a huge diference between hitting a character limit and having to cut a post in half and making two separate posts separated by hours. Look at the time stamps. Just because you put part 1 & 2 on them doesn't make them the same post lmao. How can you even argue that with a straight face.

Anyway, though, people have real lives away from these things and some lag here and there is to be expected. Half the competition pulled complete no-shows.

Don't do the "take your ball and go home" maneuver.....

Scoobless
Don't delete them, so you and Gundam hit your limit, no big deal, usually most main points are put across in the first two or three posts anyway, with the last two used just for summations.

Give MM a day or two to say whatever he wants, then this thing can get judged.... no point bailing out after you crossed the finish line.

Martian_mind
I say just judge the ***** now. It's currently spawning nothing but bad blood, and I'm content to end with what I've put forward so far.

psycho gundam
No bad blood from my end ftr

If you count my split post as 2 I still have 1 post left

leonidas
if we're sticking to the 5 post rule, i'll judge. is anyone else planning on posting or can we start to judge it as is?

psycho gundam
I am. Maybe tonight

Martian_mind
Once Gundam makes his last post, judge away.

leonidas
thumb up

"Id"
Martian Mind, you should make a closing statement or argument.

Just something to round up what you pointed out.

Blair Wind
What's the big fuss about? By my count, Supermutant has 5 posts, PG has 4, and Martian has 3.

No tournament has ever allowed two posts to be considered one with the exception, rarely, of a long opening post. Even if you hit the character max, your second post is counted as a post in and of itself.

Supermutant, you don't need a 6th post. Personally I think you did well considering you forced the focus onto yourself in match - that tends to be given the benefit of the doubt around here. Let it be judged.

psycho gundam
Sodium levels are at critical and rising

Martian_mind
Well. Drama drama drama.

So, who was signed on to be a judge? Would you all be willing to begin judging now? Regardless of mutants feelings towards the results/match as a whole, it would genuinely suck for all this effort to receive no decision.

leonidas
scoob, ex and i are all in to vote. if 3 is good, we'll go ahead, though i thought pg wanted one more....?

Martian_mind
I think he made it last night...

leonidas
i'll have my vote in this weekend. with luck scoob and smurph can manage the same.

Existere
I'll have time either tonight or Saturday.

Martian_mind
Cheers lads.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>